Application Question and Answers

bwatford

3 hours ago, bwatford said:

A goat or a giant weasel would be appropriate pets.

They are pets in game (not full animal companions), so they are not controlled by you, but you can give them basic orders. Fetch, run, come, etc. Basic single words they have been trained with. They are not combat trained but may fight to defend themselves or you in certain situations. You might get them to attack something with an appropriate Animal Handling check as long as it is not unnatural (like undead, etc.) 

Perfect. Makes sense, and thanks for the quick response!

There have been multiple requests for me to consider running this game in pf2e instead of 5th edition, and in light of the recent debacle with WotC even more so.

So, what I am going to do, is after final selection is made on the 4th and we have our 6 players, I will let them vote on it. If they wish to play it in pf2e or 5e it will be up to them, I am good with either.

5 days to go folks.

Well, I might as well finally throw my hat in just for the hell of it, quick question, it mentions in the Race thread under the Character Creation tab

Hobgoblins, along with many of the monstrous races aren’t that common in the region, but neither are they unknown or as unexpected as something like tabaxi or kenku.

But under "What Rulebooks Should I Use?" in the same tab, it only lists 

You can use non-optional rules found in the Player’s Handbook, the Basic Rules, and all the books listed below. If a rule has been reprinted in a newer resource, you must always use the latest printing.

• Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons (FTD)
• Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse (MPMM)
• Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything (TCE)
• Xanathar’s Guide to Everything (XGE)

You may also use the rules found in the following digital publications:

• Elemental Evil Player’s Companion (EEPC)
• Locathah Rising (LR)

I just want to double check and confirm Volo's monstrous options are NOT available for this campaign since it caused me a bit of confusion.

EDIT: Apologies', for whatever reason I saw 'Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse' and I just did not connect the dots in my head between the book and the name. I rescind my question and apologize for takin up space.

Edited by ThatGuyMike (see edit history)