OOC:

Fiery Gift

21 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Anyway, I was really clear in my IC post about the reasons for Tann's actions. Constant negativity expressed as interior monologue from some is a bit of a downer, it always feels like hold his arms behind his back so I can take a free shot. This is especially true when Tann is trying to stat in the background. Clearly I shouldn't have responded to posts in the OOC. :(

I agree. It would be great if you would stop doing it.

Characters are allowed to not get along. Iridni wouldn't let her personal distaste for Tann's style of doing things get in the way of the job, and as much as I think your plan to offer him 25% of something that doesn't exist is a bad one, I'm not trying to undermine it IC.

Just now, Starhawk said:

Worship at Tann's altar, mere acceptance would be a start.

Iridni hasn't bitched to Tann's face that much. That's acceptance. If you want my character to not be so judgey, don't do things worthy of being judged. Or grow thicker skin?

5 minutes ago, Kylia Quilor said:

Iridni hasn't bitched to Tann's face that much. That's acceptance. If you want my character to not be so judgey, don't do things worthy of being judged. Or grow thicker skin?

That can go both ways and I've done my level best not to react to it, but it's very divisive when it's done again and again, and the other player has zero ways to respond to it. It just feels like a cheap shot, taken over and over, like talking behind someone's back.

Anyway, I will no longer respond to stuff in the OOC thread.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

You have every way to respond to it. Just talk. And not with snide remarks about 'negativity bad'. But, you know, actually having a conversation. But again, characters are allowed to not get along, and react as such. Iridni doesn't particularly like Seraphina right now either, and has expressed as much fairly recently.

But Tann can't read Iridni's mind. That's my issue. Iridni didn't even roll her eyes this time, like the last time you whined at me about this.

If it offends you this goddamn much, then I'll try my best to pretend Iridni doesn't have opinions about Tann at all.

Edited by Kylia Quilor (see edit history)

I don't communicate as well as the rest of you, so I hope your brighter minds will be able to pick up what I'm putting down.

Having read the forums with time to digest, I will say, it is important to remember that our characters are separate from the players. Just because a player allows their character to express something you construe as negative about your character's actions, disposition, or comments in their post doesn't mean they are saying something negative about you, the player. Don't take those comments personally.

It is a group game. We're all here to have fun. Lets be patient and positive and have a good time.

And if you read earlier edits of this post, don't be too offended!

😀

Edited by Fiery Gift (see edit history)