Durlag’s Tower - OOC

Poor_Knight

8 hours ago, cheezal said:

Guys i am having a hard time Navigating this new format... So far all i see are messages...And i have only put in one message so far.. which has my remote Character Sheet and Logs.

Well, being able to post here like you did is the first step. That's all the game will consist of. The next step is try the Dice Tower. Click the "dice icon" in the post and it opens the roller. Formatting posts is probably a little easier, you just use the WYSIWYG editor, like using Google Docs or MS Word. Inserting images is trickier (IMO) though.

Here is a guide for the dice:
https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/articles.html/articles/dice-tower-r10/

Okay, so I want to see how badly this transfers over.  It really didn't so I made this in hopes to keep going. Sorry for the late entry. It has been a busy week and my wife has been ill.

Updated Posting format:

Duncan Tallheart

Character Sheet

Duncan is a rather short human male wearing Mithril splint mail and carrying a shield. He had brown hair coming down to his shoulders and green eyes. He fights with a magical rapier and prized shield, which he uses to great effect to knock his opponents to the ground and stab them as they struggle to right themselves.

Abilities and FeatsFighting style: Duelist:
When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other Weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to Damage Rolls with that weapon.

Shield Master:
- If you take the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to try to shove a creature within 5 feet of you with your shield.
- If you aren’t incapacitated, you can add your shield’s AC bonus to any Dexterity saving throw you make against a spell or other harmful effect that targets only you.
- If you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you can use your reaction to take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, interposing your shield between yourself and the source of the effect.

Sentinel:
- Whenever you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, its speed drops to 0 for the rest of the turn. This stops any movement they may have been taking.
- Creatures within your reach provoke opportunity attacks even if they took the Disengage action.
- When a creature within your reach makes an attack against a target other than you (and that target doesn't have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.

Toughness: Gain +2 HP/ Level

Second Wind: On Your Turn, you can use a Bonus Action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. You must finish a short or Long Rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge: On Your Turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible Bonus Action. You must finish a short or Long Rest before you can use it again.

Extra Attack: Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level in this class and to four when you reach 20th level in this class.

Sneak Attack: Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe’s distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.
You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Indominable: (one use): Beginning at 9th level you can reroll a saving throw that you fail. You must take the result of the new roll. You must finish a long rest to use this feature again.

Battlemaster: Superior Dice - You start with 4 superior dies. They are 1d10 and you use one whenever you use a maneuver. You regain then all when you finish a short or long rest.

Maneuvers:
Maneuvering Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to maneuver one of your comrades into a more advantageous position. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and you choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you. That creature can use its reaction to move up to half its speed without provoking opportunity attacks from the target of your attack.

Riposte: When a creature misses you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction and expend one superiority die to make a melee weapon attack against the creature. If you hit, you add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Parry: When another creature damages you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction and expend one superiority die to reduce the damage by the number you roll on your superiority die + your Dexterity modifier.

Menacing Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to frighten the target. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, it is frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Commander's Strike
When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Character sheet referenceDuncan Tallheart

Human (Variant) Fighter 10/ Rogue 1
Max HP: 113

Str 18, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 9

AC 19 (17 without shield) Mithril Splint Mail + Shield

Primary Attack: Rapier +9 [1d8+7]

Ranged Attack: Javelin +8 [1d6+6] - Crossbow [1d8+1]

Bonus Actions: Shove (Shield Mastery) +12 Athletics (opposed by either Athletics or Acrobatics)

Trained Skills: Athletics: (+12), Stealth (+5), History (+3), Animal Handling (+6), Perception (+6), Survival (+10)

CURRENT HP: 113/113

Superiority Dice: 4/4

17 hours ago, Dmitri_Ravenoff said:

Okay, so I want to see how badly this transfers over.  It really didn't so I made this in hopes to keep going. Sorry for the late entry. It has been a busy week and my wife has been ill.

Updated Posting format:

Duncan Tallheart

Character Sheet

Duncan is a rather short human male wearing Mithril splint mail and carrying a shield. He had brown hair coming down to his shoulders and green eyes. He fights with a magical rapier and prized shield, which he uses to great effect to knock his opponents to the ground and stab them as they struggle to right themselves.

Abilities and FeatsFighting style: Duelist:
When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other Weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to Damage Rolls with that weapon.

Shield Master:
- If you take the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to try to shove a creature within 5 feet of you with your shield.
- If you aren’t incapacitated, you can add your shield’s AC bonus to any Dexterity saving throw you make against a spell or other harmful effect that targets only you.
- If you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you can use your reaction to take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, interposing your shield between yourself and the source of the effect.

Sentinel:
- Whenever you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, its speed drops to 0 for the rest of the turn. This stops any movement they may have been taking.
- Creatures within your reach provoke opportunity attacks even if they took the Disengage action.
- When a creature within your reach makes an attack against a target other than you (and that target doesn't have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.

Toughness: Gain +2 HP/ Level

Second Wind: On Your Turn, you can use a Bonus Action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. You must finish a short or Long Rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge: On Your Turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible Bonus Action. You must finish a short or Long Rest before you can use it again.

Extra Attack: Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level in this class and to four when you reach 20th level in this class.

Sneak Attack: Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe’s distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.
You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Indominable: (one use): Beginning at 9th level you can reroll a saving throw that you fail. You must take the result of the new roll. You must finish a long rest to use this feature again.

Battlemaster: Superior Dice - You start with 4 superior dies. They are 1d10 and you use one whenever you use a maneuver. You regain then all when you finish a short or long rest.

Maneuvers:
Maneuvering Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to maneuver one of your comrades into a more advantageous position. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and you choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you. That creature can use its reaction to move up to half its speed without provoking opportunity attacks from the target of your attack.

Riposte: When a creature misses you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction and expend one superiority die to make a melee weapon attack against the creature. If you hit, you add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Parry: When another creature damages you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction and expend one superiority die to reduce the damage by the number you roll on your superiority die + your Dexterity modifier.

Menacing Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to frighten the target. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, it is frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Commander's Strike
When you take the Attack action on your turn, you can forgo one of your attacks and use a bonus action to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you and expend one superiority die. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Character sheet referenceDuncan Tallheart

Human (Variant) Fighter 10/ Rogue 1
Max HP: 113

Str 18, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 9

AC 19 (17 without shield) Mithril Splint Mail + Shield

Primary Attack: Rapier +9 [1d8+7]

Ranged Attack: Javelin +8 [1d6+6] - Crossbow [1d8+1]

Bonus Actions: Shove (Shield Mastery) +12 Athletics (opposed by either Athletics or Acrobatics)

Trained Skills: Athletics: (+12), Stealth (+5), History (+3), Animal Handling (+6), Perception (+6), Survival (+10)

CURRENT HP: 113/113

Superiority Dice: 4/4

No worries at all. I will move the Character Post to the Character Post topic (see the game's navigation header)

Yeah i have to say, i wouldnt know if the game has started or not,or where to look to see if it has or not. or we are still just working stuff out...

I am in another game,where the Gm hasn'r even started transferring... he hasn't even created a game page.

Just looked at the host software of the old site, vbulletin + dragonbyte enhancements... Only looked over them quickly, but honestly I'm still a fan.

Also vbulletin now offers a dedicated app option for mobile (yes, it's just a webpage wrapper, but it at least implies the new version of vbulletin plays nicer with mobile). And they seem to be rather active in their updates.

.... Plus I'm a fan of one-time-purchase software. I don't really like subscriptions. Which 'invision community' is (and is the only option). At least they state 'we don't own your data'.

Edited by Sylas (see edit history)

15 hours ago, cheezal said:

Yeah i have to say, i wouldnt know if the game has started or not,or where to look to see if it has or not. or we are still just working stuff out...

I am in another game,where the Gm hasn'r even started transferring... he hasn't even created a game page.

Make sure you "Follow" the Game (from the Overview page https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/clubs/386-durlag’s-tower/&do=overview). I think that subscribes to all content? (maybe) But there is a "Follow" button on each forum too. Follow them all is you want to be sure to get all updates. I am getting the email anytime one of you posts, and can read your post in my email w/out having to come here (as w/ OGMW).

The transition officially happens in March. Not sure of date. And as was mentioned, they will not shut down OGMW until new MW has feature parity. We're just taking it for a whirl now. Besides, this game won't finish for maybe 6 months. OGMW may or may not be available still and I have no desire to transfer content.

6 hours ago, Sylas said:

Just looked at the host software of the old site, vbulletin + dragonbyte enhancements... Only looked over them quickly, but honestly I'm still a fan.

Also vbulletin now offers a dedicated app option for mobile (yes, it's just a webpage wrapper, but it at least implies the new version of vbulletin plays nicer with mobile). And they seem to be rather active in their updates.

.... Plus I'm a fan of one-time-purchase software. I don't really like subscriptions. Which 'invision community' is (and is the only option). At least they state 'we don't own your data'.

I built a PBP site in 2008 on Simple Machines forum. Did similar stuff, used the forum's auth system and then built a custom app around it. But it got so messy I could not easily upgrade the forum anymore. I think that's part of the issues with OGMW. When I transitioned away from using the forum as a foundation I just rewrote the entire app from scratch. Got pretty far and then I just ran out of steam for the project / too little time for personal projects. 

Old preview video I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4krTDzONhUM

Damn - that's some old school design work there. I think I was into jQueryUI at the time.

Edited by Poor_Knight (see edit history)

I set the forum to One email a day with all content option, and I got that.

So that will do to remind me to check on the game. 

I guess check your spam filters? Mine still came from weaver@myth-weavers.com but appeared under Promotions, whereas emails from the old site tended to appear in main inbox (in gmail)