Durlag’s Tower - OOC

Poor_Knight

I think we're ready to proceed here. True? Assuming everyone's characters are up-to-date and people are finding this new forum and responding to posts I think we're good. You should give the dice roller a whirl so you get the feel for it when the time comes and we don;t have to stop the game to learn how to use it.

Name
Advantage!
keep(2d20,highest,1)+5 16,17

I also believe I am ready to go... If i pick up something minor i have missed,i will just fix it.. and make you aware..

I may still have some issue's with some of the new coding...but i will address it as we move along.

Oh goodness. I'm glad I haven't missed a lot. We had an ice storm last week and we lost power for a couple days, right before we were supposed to go on a weekend vacation... so that was a fun mess. Nothing like sleeping in the near freezing cold with only a gas fireplace to warm the house. They're great and all but more for the looks than the actual heating ability.

I want to apologize again to the group for always being the laggard. I think I have been dealing with some inner personal stuff for a while now. I... well I'm kinda a mess mentally. I've got a job, 3 kids, a wife and a very typical plate full of stuff. I know I'm not unique there, but I have had some mental health stuff in my younger years that I feel are creeping back on me at this point. These days, well the stressors of life are building at the moment.

I'm not asking for pity or anything, I guess I'm just letting you know I'm a mess just like a lot of folks. I will try my best to adjust to this new system and always get better at posting regularly. This week is another one full of crap and then it should be better for a while.

I'm sorry for holding things back in the last arc and not being a good RP'er lately. I really do appreciate this group and want to be a part of it.

Anyway, Thanks for putting up with me.

Okay, so I think I have my life a bit more on track now. Things are often worse than you think when you are dealing with them alone.

Anyway. I was wondering if the group might be able to help me with something. I know we got the option for a magic item... do we have a list of those available? I wonder if Duncan might actually be better off swapping armor or maybe getting a different sword or something? After all this time you would think I would know more about how AL does magic items, but in honesty, I'm a bit lost.

For what it is worth, I don't really know the AL rules either. I think we are limited to whatever magical items we have encountered/been awarded with. Plus I remember something about a list of +1 style items(weapon, shield, and spellcaster foci if memory serves), somewhere. Really though, I think most of the rules are needlessly nit-picky but having a good, and rather stable, group of players around this long more than makes up for them.

The rules are in this https://media.wizards.com/2022/dnd/downloads/DDAL_PlayersGuidev12_1.pdf
Basically, we have access to all the magic items you have picked up over the previous adventures, plus once you reach level 5, you can pick one of the Items on the first page (under Starting Play at 5th Level)

This is mentioned on Page 2, at the end of the Levelling Up section.

You can keep all the magic items you have been awarded, but can only bring so many to your play session.  (see the rewards section)

We are tier 3 now, so that is 6 uncommon+ items and 5 common and 5 consumables  (from the table Carried Magic Items per tier)

All good mate! just wasn't certain if you had stayed on Vacation a bit longer,or was having issue with the new site.

But sounds like you got back hitting the ground running...

I've been up to my neck house painting,and working on the new house to move the old house into we hope within the time frame and now of the Easter Break.

Glad to have you back..

Cheezal.