General OOC

rogueblade0729

s'OK.  My character sheet is all messed up after the site update.  Now, of course, I can't fix it.  I hate that you can't drag images and place them... especially when I had Orn's Pic placed side by side with the Tables.  I'm sort of anal about my character sheet's look (even when I've not actually completed them, odd huh?) so I'll have to rebuild it, I guess.  That makes me angry.  Hopefully soon they'll fix copy and paste so I can copy and past OOC and Spoiler comments like we used to on OGMW.

You can also copy the source from another user's post to the source code box on your post (to transfer templates and the like).

Edit: I misremembered what I was talking about. The source code lets you copy a post from one thread group to another. This way you can take a template from a character thread to a story thread.

Edited by codexgigas (see edit history)

3 hours ago, codexgigas said:

Is there time to create fire arrows before the Old Troll wakes up?

Before the Old Troll wakes up? Probably not. That's something you'd need to prepare ahead of time, with the proper materials. If you rush in the crafting, you might unbalance your arrows (disadvantage on attack rolls with them).

BUT, if you want to make them for the future, you certainly can! Over at least a short rest, you can combine strips of cloth, string, and oil (or alcohol) to make the arrows without risk or penalty. So, unless you have those materials now, fire arrows are a no-go.

You could always try lighting your normal arrows on fire, but... well, that might backfire on you (pun intended).

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

I am willing to compromise for the situation, however. You all should probably have unlit torches, right? Well, if you want, you can salvage 1 torch to turn 3 arrows into fire arrows. You'll need to make either a Dexterity or an Intelligence ability check to craft them. Given the nature of the task, it's a DC 10. If you're proficient with any relevant tools, or with the Sleight of Hand skill, you can add your proficiency modifier to the ability check.

We will use these stats for fire arrows, as they make sense to me: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fire_Arrows_(20)_(5e_Equipment)

Also, a failure doesn't mean you break the arrow or lose the materials or whatever. You're basically just measuring out how much cloth you need, then wrapping it around the arrow; probably not a high chance of breaking or losing anything. It just means you make an unbalanced (too much material, disadvantage on attack rolls) or ineffective (too little material, only 1 extra fire damage) fire arrow.

If you attempt this during a short or long rest, you can skip the ability check and auto-craft it, since you're taking your time and double-checking to get it right.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)