Welcome all Players!

Jedaii

These "planning phases" can be tricky: 

1. If you need more info OOC just ask and I'll provide what is common knowledge or what OPD knows or maybe what the PC can gain from a related check.

2. If players' disagree on the plan, let's not get bogged-down: we can agree to disagree and try Plan A and then Plan B or C or D if things start to go pear-shaped.

3. The NPCs are leaning on the heroes to set-up the Manning ambush.

Sure thing! I only intended to give ideas, not to dictate the course, sorry if it seemed anything like that. I had a pretty terrible day so I kind of just wanted to get the ball rolling, too tired to do anything else, sorry about that. 🙂 Will come back with questions tomorrow (for me, the day is ending soon).

1 minute ago, eltorin said:

Sure thing! I only intended to give ideas, not to dictate the course, sorry if it seemed anything like that. I had a pretty terrible day so I kind of just wanted to get the ball rolling, too tired to do anything else, sorry about that. 🙂 Will come back with questions tomorrow (for me, the day is ending soon).

No you're great. I was hoping a player/PC would get the "this is the plan!" thing rolling 😉

What would Morgan know of the actual capabilities and tactics of the Vulture and FIST? I imagine Streeter has been active for a lot longer than Morgan has, and is a lot more experienced pilot than him, but if the Vulture is limited to winged flight and like... claws, Custodian actually has a decent amount of experience fighting that sort of enemy, technically.

F.I.S.T. operates much like a fighter pilot streaking around airborne while attacking foes with his energy blast. Vulture remains airborne as well using hit & run moves to avoid a foe's counter-attacks. 

As for my questions, what came to mind last night:

- do the characters have any idea of the actual power levels of the strongmen-types (in-game, for instance, "the Bull was seen tearing apart an Abrams tank with his bare hands" or "the Shrews most recent habit is to pick up cars and toss them at the buildings to make a loud entrance" and things like that)

- also, is it known how the Crushers usually operate? What tactics they apply, their usual entry points, if they have an overwatch in form of one of the fliers?

- it's clear that the OPD wants to stay back and ithey should hang back alright - what I meant on overwatch is could they alert us when they see the Crushers approaching?

- how defendable we think are the possible ingress and egress points, based on the information received so far? Would it help it we set up some kind of improvised perimeter defense?

The rest is mostly a "tactical planning" for the rest of the team, if that's okay:

- by Custodian handling the Vulture, you meant quickly taking care of him alone? If so, I think that could work..

- .. but how about we give the same treatment to anyone we an take on, then concentrate our efforts on the heavy hitters (preferably somehow isolated)?

- maybe we could save F.I.S.T for last, as by the report he seems the less "blood-thirsty", and if he sees that his comrades have "fallen", he might rethink taking us on

- what I'm unsure is how we could concentrate our attacks on any one of them at any given time without the others helping out (that may not be possible at all, I'm just thinking here)

Sorry if that's too much, I just got somewhat excited. :) But please treat my questions/ideas just as that, thought-provoking, the best, let's try to find out a plan we're all the most comfortable with.

I mostly meant that I would be able to keep the airspace clear. Vulture is pretty much only useful midair, while the FIST is still a walking tank on ground level. Assuming we want to actually capture the Crushers, not just thwart them, taking out the folk that are both the most manoeuvrable and prone to fleeing first seems the most sensible. Beyond that though, we probably shouldn't focus fire too much, and try and focus on keeping the Crushers from reaching their target.

26 minutes ago, eltorin said:

As for my questions, what came to mind last night:

- do the characters have any idea of the actual power levels of the strongmen-types (in-game, for instance, "the Bull was seen tearing apart an Abrams tank with his bare hands" or "the Shrews most recent habit is to pick up cars and toss them at the buildings to make a loud entrance" and things like that)

- also, is it known how the Crushers usually operate? What tactics they apply, their usual entry points, if they have an overwatch in form of one of the fliers?

- it's clear that the OPD wants to stay back and ithey should hang back alright - what I meant on overwatch is could they alert us when they see the Crushers approaching?

- how defendable we think are the possible ingress and egress points, based on the information received so far? Would it help it we set up some kind of improvised perimeter defense?

The rest is mostly a "tactical planning" for the rest of the team, if that's okay:

- by Custodian handling the Vulture, you meant quickly taking care of him alone? If so, I think that could work..

- .. but how about we give the same treatment to anyone we an take on, then concentrate our efforts on the heavy hitters (preferably somehow isolated)?

- maybe we could save F.I.S.T for last, as by the report he seems the less "blood-thirsty", and if he sees that his comrades have "fallen", he might rethink taking us on

- what I'm unsure is how we could concentrate our attacks on any one of them at any given time without the others helping out (that may not be possible at all, I'm just thinking here)

Sorry if that's too much, I just got somewhat excited. 🙂 But please treat my questions/ideas just as that, thought-provoking, the best, let's try to find out a plan we're all the most comfortable with.

1. OPD would have extensive files on the Crushers which the PCs would have access to. We can just say the heroes asked & found out:

* Bull is monstrously-strong able to rip apart a city bus with his bare hands and he's immune to most conventional weapons

* F.I.S.T.'s armor allows him to lift a large car and shrug off even military-grade weapon-fire

* The Shrew has the strength, endurance and speed of an Olympic-level athlete. Plus she's a world-class expert of mixed-martial arts.

2. Their normal M.O.: Vulture is aerial overwatch while Bull and/or F.I.S.T. bust into a buildings via a main entrance. The Merc and the Shrew usually take out any security guards. Then they all participate in the actual theft

3. OPD will be using unmarked vehicles to watch the main (only) road leading to Manning Enterprises. The Crushers have been using an unmarked white van to carry the stolen equipment. The heroes will be told by OPD that Jessica Anderson will be nearby for an interview after the stake-out is over

4. OPD will want the Crushers to break into Manning in order to catch them mid-crime, but the heroes are expected to stop the villains from taking anything. OPD would inform the heroes that Manning's CFO would very much prefer if damage to the facility was as minimal as possible and could hold OPD/the heroes liable for serious collateral damages

Manning Enterprises has loads of security: cameras inside and out, key cards to access most interior spaces (when closed) and sensitive spaces when the facility is open, and a security team (six officers who won't be on duty during the stake-out). 

Just off the top of my head, if we keep the Vulture in the air and occupied, maybe targeting him with riflemen or snipers then he can't provide overwatch. 

If we have the police canvas all the white vans on the streets near the Manning building and boot them or unplug their batteries then they can't use the van to get away.

If we ask the Manning Enterprises to remove their security guards and replace them with store mannequins then Shrew and Merc can't hurt the security.

If we leave the front doors open at the Manning building them Bull and FIST can bust in and instead walk in.

Those actions could mess with the criminals minds and let them know they have been set up since the building is basically asking them to come on in.

They may never just walk in knowing they would be walking into a trap, and we heroes can work with some police to take them out in pairs outside. 

FIST tech should be vulnerable to EMP type devices, maybe?

Bull, maybe knockout gases?

Merc, maybe flashbang grenades?

Shrew, maybe elephant tranquilizers?

We should let Vulture escape with a tracking device so we can find the rest of the Crushers and their base of operation.

While I like the idea, the theory is that we don't get that sort of backup, so it's on us. And I'm unsure if we can target him constantly with ranged attacks. Let's wait for the others' ideas. 🙂

55 minutes ago, Draidden said:

I am back and catching up.

Welcome back 🙂

I added an exterior map for Manning Enterprises on the same IC post containing the interior maps: the main facility would be the first big (red-roofed) building facing the facility entrance way. The other buildings include a cafeteria, library, gym, daycare, pet center, infirmary, cafe, auditorium, administration, and a few others dedicated to specific Sciences. Any questions just ask.