Olympolis! Friday, December 23, 2022, 8:45 a.m.!

Custodian

Morgan thinks for a moment, while trying his best to remain his cool at being singled out. "I should be able to handle the Vulture without too much trouble. He's likely to flee if we leave him out too long and the tides start turning against him anyway, so taking him out quickly is probably for the best if we want to capture him. FIST isn't likely to stick around if his armor gets wrecked either, but he's a more experienced pilot than me, so I'm not sure how well I'd be able to handle him in a straight up dogfight. He's also potentially the most vulnerable, if we have a way of bypassing his armor's defenses, target him directly past it somehow, if anyone has any way of doing that."

He goes over the map. "What're the buildings defenses like? Any reinforced walls, active defenses? Or do they usually just rely on security personnel?"   

THE MONITOR, The Quantum Man

rauhric_green_lantern_cyborg_tron_matrix_cyberpunk_1.png 

The Monitor listens to all the back and forth between the police officers and heroes and wondered to himself what sort of plans the Crushers had with their tech thefts. That problem seemed the most interesting for him to solve, but capturing criminals in the act is what heroes do. Unfortunately he had little experience in preventing crimes, he was more of a reactionary hero who stop crimes when committed. This was something different as he had to speculate how a scenario would play out ahead of time and then think of solutions to prevent those actions from occurring.

His past methodology was counter productive to this planning meeting: allowing the criminals to steal what they were going to steal and then capture them as they flee. He looked at the pictures of the Crushers and pulled out his little quantum computer device and communicated to it:  

"Find me all information on Crushers - Bull, F.I.S.T., Shrew, Vulture, The Mercenary.

It is the Monitor's intention to study up on those Crusher's modus operandi to understand this criminals preferences. With two villains appearing to be flyers he could assume that a roof access to the Manning Enterprises would seem logical. That would still leave three other criminals preferred entrance points: front door, side door, or back door. Without more knowledge of their individual crimes he could not speculate how they would enter the building.         

Action

I would like to use my Well Informed Advantage to get information on all the Crushers present in photographs here to look up past crimes and how they were reported by the media Jessica Anderson and other reporters. The purpose is to understand how they like breaking into places.

If my computer can it would like to tap into the Police computers to look up any records kept from the media.

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good
Possessing a strong positive outlook towards life allowed Mitchel to never succumb to the darkness of his fate, and when he was able to create an artificial body to house his digital consciousness he was nothing but grateful for the opportunity to continue living a 2nd Life. This feeling of gratitude and goodwill makes him want to share his thanks with others. 

Motivation - Responsibility
Because his new body makes him more than human he feels obligated to use its abilities to better serve humanity for the common good. Never one to openly advocate violence he understands that force must be meet with greater force in order to stop it; though if he is able to find another solution he is willing to explore that first.  

Weakness - Quantum Entanglement
Mitchel suffers from an incurable disease that has left his consciousness trapped inside his paralytic body, and because his digital consciousness is quantum entangled with his moral body if anything were to happen to his paralyzed body that would result in death would his digital conscious also share the same fate? It is unknown but highly plausible that both consciousness would perish. When the mortal body finally gives out it might also end the existence of the digital consciousness as well? 

The Monitor, the Quantum Man - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 10, Presence 0

Advantages

Eidetic Memory, Evasion 2, Inventor, Speed of Thought, Well-informed

Skills

Expertise: Physics 5 (+15), Insight 5 (+15), Investigation 5 (+15), Perception 5 (+15), Technology 6 (+16)

Powers

Nanobiotech Physiology (multiple effects) [cost 32pp]

The intention for this power to was to create an android like body that would be the heroic alter-ego of the paralyzed Mitchel Green and his cloned digital consciousness. 

• Immune System: Immunity 30 [cost 30pp = 1/r x 30r)

(biological, technological)

Fortitude Effects

• Regenerative System: Regeneration 2 [cost 2pp = 1/r x 2r]

Every 5 rounds

Nanotech Armor (device: removable -2) [cost 10pp]

The intention of this power was to create instant body armor; like Tony Stark's nanotech armor. 

• Appears Instantly: Feature 1 [cost 1 = 1/r x 1r]

(technological)

• Armor: Protection 10 [cost 10pp = 1/r x 10r]

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

• Light: Environment 1 [cost 1pp = 1/r x 1r]

(light, technological)

Light, Radius: 30 feet

Nanotech Computer (device: easily removable -8) [cost 12pp] 

The intention of this power is to create a small handle device that would allow the android to detect, analyze, and use the electromagnetic spectrum, while also being able to communicate with others and objects of different languages, including machines.  

• Sensory Array: Senses 10 [cost 10pp = 1/r x 10r]

(technological)

Darkvision, Detect + Acute + Analytical: Energy Spectrum (visual, ranged: 2), Penetrates Concealment: X-Rays (visual)

• Universal Translator: Comprehend 5 [cost 10pp = 2/r x 5r]

(technological)

Languages (read all, speak all, understand all), Machines / Electronics

Nanotech Flying Platform (device: easily removable -2) [cost 5pp]

The intention of this power is to create a flying platform to move around his environment in while remaining out of sight. 

• Appears Instantly: Feature 1 [cost 1pp = 1/r x 1r]

(technological)

• Flight: Flight 4 [cost 4pp = (2/r -1fl) x 4r]

(gravity, technological)

Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Platform

• Invisibility: Concealment 2 [cost 2pp = (2/r -1fl) x 2r]

(gravity, light, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

Quantum Forces Manipulation (array) [cost 37pp]

The intention of this power was for the digital consciousness to gain the able to manipulate the quantum forces in the universe as a result from cloning Mitchel's esoteric knowledge and merging it with a higher intelligence and complete understanding of physics in our reality. Once the digital consciousness attained a complete understanding it opened up the possibility to change energy and matter in localized areas.    

• Atomic Manipulation: Transform 3 [cost 35pp = (5/r +3ex) x 3r +11flat]

(atoms, quantum forces)

Affects: Anything, Transforms: 3 tons, DC 13; Affects Objects Only, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Mass 10,

Increased Range 2: perception, Precise

• Gravity Manipulation: Move Object 7 [cost 36pp = (2/r + 2ex) x 7r + 8flat]

(gravity, quantum forces)

3 tons, DC 22; Damaging, Increased Range: perception, Penetrating 7, Precise

Offense

Initiative +10

Atomic Manipulation: Transform 3 (DC Dog 13)

Gravity Manipulation: Move Object 7 (DC 22)

Defense

Dodge 5, Parry 0, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points

Abilities 30 + Powers 96 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 150

Name
Investigation
1d20+15 1

Aegisscreenshot.png.e891529c44460e4828bcd303f5176b35.pngAEGIS

Aegis listens in on all the info provided and the other members thoughts.

Let me see if I have this right. You want us to wait until after they break in to attack them. That way they have broken the law and been caught in the act. I understand that intention, but do we really need it? I mean don't these guys have standing warrants for their arrests already?

But going with that thought process. I think we should wait just inside the main double doors there. Back far enough to not be caught in the damage of their entrance. Then, whichever one blows open the doors, we all hit them as hard as we can and then take the fight to them. In this case we would do the fighting outside and hopefully avoid a lot of collateral damage that would have been caused if we fought inside the building.

With luck we at least stun him for a few seconds. Then Custodian can go after Vulture. I think I can deal with Shrew. Shrike, by the sounds of it you are most likely the only one who might be able to keep up with Merc. And Titan, hit either Bull or F.I.S.T., whichever is standing. If it is F.I.S.T. then use you leaping power to close with him and see about ripping that armor off him. In either case, hit them as hard and fast as you can.

We need to keep in mind that we are outnumbered so we really need to take our opponents out of action fast and be ready to come in and help each other out if one of us gets into trouble.

But before we even get to that point we need to at least discuss our powers among each other. We can't work well together if we don't know what we each can do. 

I have extensive fighting training and am faster and stronger than a normal person, moving about 3 times faster than a normal. The shield can be used defensively or offensively. I am actually quite good at throwing it and bouncing it around before it returns to my hand. And I heal faster than normal, but not instantly.

He then turns to look at the others in the hopes they will join in and help figure out how best to work together.

spacer.pngSILVER SHRIKE sheet

Close, Disrupting Touch (magic) +14, Dmg 6, Will Resist (15' reach), Ranged, Magic Motes (magic) +14, Dmg 5, Will Resist (125'/250'/500', Homing 2)
Dodge +12, Parry +12, Fortitude +12, Toughness +12, Will +12, ModifiersDefensive Attack
- You can take a penalty of up to -5 on your attack bonus and add the same number to both your active defenses (Dodge and Parry).

Defensive Roll 4
- You receive a bonus to your Toughness equal to this rank but it is considered an active defense similar to Dodge and Parry so you lose this bonus when you are vulnerable or defenseless.
- This is included in the +08 value under Toughness

Evasion
- +2 circumstance bonus to Dodge resistance checks to avoid area effects.

Favored Environment: Urban Jungle
- +2 circumstance bonus on Attack Checks or Active Defenses
- Selectable at the start of a round.
- NOT limited by power level

Power Attack
- You can take a penalty of up to -5 on your attack bonus and add the same number to the effect bonus of your attack
, Senses:
Mystic AwarenessSenses 4
- Accurate 1
- Radius 1
- Ranged Mental 2
, Danger Sense

Alex mused over all the information they'd been tossing about. It didn't make a lot of sense to her that they wanted to wait instead of simply trying to intercept them in a more appropriate location, where it would be safer. Granted the ability to have the area evacuated ahead of time was advantageous, removing any possible endangerment of civilians. Still, it was most certainly guaranteed that attempting to take the Crushers on in an enclosed building was going to end up meaning substantial structural damage would happen.

"I agree with Aegis that we should avoid engaging them within the building itself." She nodded. "The damage that could do to the structure could easily bring it down and cost an enormous amount of money to fix. I'm of the mind that we try to focus fire initially, literally teaming up to take at least the first one as fast as possible. Eliminating even a single one immediately could make a huge difference."

Standing up she raised her arms hands palm up in front of her and greyish glowing wisps of energy circled each one. "My offensive powers might actually be effective against the big guy, Bull. They target one's spirit, force of will really. If he's used to just taking the hits and shrugging them off, these might be a useful surprise to use against him. I'm a trained fighter as well, but likely not as thoroughly as you Aegis, I tend to rely on my powers more... mostly." The energy that had been drifting around her hands shifted slightly, looking more like a collection of clingy, drifting, dandelion puffs of energy now.

"I can help anyone that gets injured as well, by touch, and, now don't freak out... this as well..." The room is suddenly filled with mist that seems to drift through everything, floating in the air a moment before it faded out as if it was never there, vanishing without leaving any dampness or other sign. "I can also sense where everyone is, their lifespark or soul, or whatever you want to call it or think of it as. Whenever I come back from dying, that's the energy I see I guess... oh, yeah, Uhh, I've died a few times. I keep coming back though, at least so far. So there's that. Umm, anyways, yeah, if we gang up on the first one or two in, knock them out of the building, literally and just follow through that would at least perhaps even things up right off the bat. I say be flexible and aware of anyone in trouble, switch off if it makes sense, call it out if you can as well."

OoC

With the success of the roll which is a DC10 base, that would heal 4 degrees of damage to anyone in the mists and would do so again in the following round. So, if anyone had any cuts, scrapes, bruises, bumps, etc. they're now completely healed let alone any actual serious injuries such as a broken arm, rib, etc. which would be healed as well.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)
Name
Healing Mist
1d20+7 18

Titan

"Well, I'm wearing my talents on my sleeve, if you allow me that kind of paraphrasing. Strength is my main forte, I can lift up to a

Boeing 757-200 on a good day. I'm pretty resilient, too, I can shrug off most weapons, but I have a feeling the Bull could surprise mespacer.png

in that department."

"I agree that we should gang up on anyone we can to take him/her out as fast as possible. If we combine out forces like you mentioned," - and looks at Shrike specifically - "so while you keep him on the ground, so to speak, we can go full force on him. Though I'm getting increasingly worried about property damage, something's gotta give. We'll be as careful as possible, but I'm afraid we can't guarantee anything. I agree with Aegis's approach, we surprise while getting in, then move 'em out."

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

I am sorry Monitor. I did not mean to leave you out of the planning. It is just that in your case, I really have no idea what your abilities are or where you would fit in best in the fight. If you can interact with electronics then you might be able to cause problems with F.I.S.T.'s armor and keep in at least partially out of the fight.

The Monitor learns the basics on the Crushers on how they like to operate their capers when Aegis addresses him. He relies with:  

"No apology necessary Aegis. We have not worked together, and my abilities are not well documented or on display to make any plan with. I normally do not encounter criminals such as these Crushers and so I have no real experience with them to offer. I normally apprehend small time criminals after they commit the crime. I will show them my abilities and then convince them to surrender, logically. Once the criminals realize resistance is futile they allow themselves to be taken into the authorities. As for my abilities I can move objects at a distance and transform their innate molecular structure from one form to another.

The truth of the matter is that the Monitor has never faced anyone like these Crushers and is not even sure he can be formidable enough to stop any one of them. His telekinetic ability is mainly use to capture and intimidate compliance, while his matter transmutation ability is more utilitarian and can effectively scare common criminals with its awesome power. Intimidation is not a practiced talent of his just a side effect of the criminals realizing that they are out of their league. With the Crushers he may realize the opposite is true; for the Monitor resistance may be futile.        

Action

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good
Possessing a strong positive outlook towards life allowed Mitchel to never succumb to the darkness of his fate, and when he was able to create an artificial body to house his digital consciousness he was nothing but grateful for the opportunity to continue living a 2nd Life. This feeling of gratitude and goodwill makes him want to share his thanks with others. 

Because his new body makes him more than human he feels obligated to use its abilities to better serve humanity for the common good. Never one to openly advocate violence he understands that force must be meet with greater force in order to stop it; though if he is able to find another solution he is willing to explore that first.  

Mitchel suffers from an incurable disease that has left his consciousness trapped inside his paralytic body, and because his digital consciousness is quantum entangled with his moral body if anything were to happen to his paralyzed body that would result in death would his digital conscious also share the same fate? It is unknown but highly plausible that both consciousness would perish. When the mortal body finally gives out it might also end the existence of the digital consciousness as well? 

Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 10, Awareness 10, Presence 0

Advantages

Skills

Expertise: Physics 5 (+15), Insight 5 (+15), Investigation 5 (+15), Perception 5 (+15), Technology 6 (+16)

Powers

The intention for this power to was to create an android like body that would be the heroic alter-ego of the paralyzed Mitchel Green and his cloned digital consciousness. 

Fortitude Effects

Every 5 rounds

The intention of this power was to create instant body armor; like Tony Stark's nanotech armor. 

(technological)

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

(light, technological)

The intention of this power is to create a small handle device that would allow the android to detect, analyze, and use the electromagnetic spectrum, while also being able to communicate with others and objects of different languages, including machines.  

(technological)

Darkvision, Detect + Acute + Analytical: Energy Spectrum (visual, ranged: 2), Penetrates Concealment: X-Rays (visual)

(technological)

The intention of this power is to create a flying platform to move around his environment in while remaining out of sight. 

(technological)

(gravity, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

The intention of this power was for the digital consciousness to gain the able to manipulate the quantum forces in the universe as a result from cloning Mitchel's esoteric knowledge and merging it with a higher intelligence and complete understanding of physics in our reality. Once the digital consciousness attained a complete understanding it opened up the possibility to change energy and matter in localized areas.    

(atoms, quantum forces)

Affects: Anything, Transforms: 3 tons, DC 13; Affects Objects Only, Increased Duration: continuous, Increased Mass 10,

Offense

Initiative +10

Defense

Power Points

Abilities 30 + Powers 96 + Advantages 6 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 150

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

9:56 a.m. Broykowski's office

Capt.png.bcef396ceff3809aea5dd996aaf03f67.png

Captain MacAllister looks at her watch then at the heroes, "Manning has several security protocols but few will be operational tonight - it's going to be your show. I have a meeting with the Commissioner and city officials ..." She gives Broykowski a wary look, then turns for the door, which Commander Jacoby opens.

SWAT.png.77390c0593d8c4c55da0917b77d06c43.png

As they both exit, Jacoby says to the heroes, "It's midnight - not five after, or even 10 seconds after. Hopefully you'll be ready." He grimaces as he leaves, slamming the door!

Detective.png.1cb1d12704028e12d6b4f40a721133b5.png

The detective rubs his head while sitting on his desk, "Don't let Commander Jacoby get under your skin. He's a good man, underneath the gruff." Looking at the maps on the wall he says, "The plan seems sound enough ... somebody once said 'In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.' Be as prepared for the unexpected as you possibly can. The Crushers are professionals and unlike most crooks, they actually work as a unit. Get them off-balance - confused - maybe take down one or two quick, and we got a shot at this. But most importantly: don't let any of them escape. Do what you have to to get this done, right? Effective immediate, all of you are officially deputized as non-standard law-enforcement operatives - that means you can use any level of force necessary to execute the apprehension of the Crushers. But like the Captain said: don't make us regret backing you up." 

Broykowski walks around and starts shuffling papers on his desk, "I'll keep trying to contact the Crusaders, as well. Just in case. But regardless, the stake-out goes down tonight. I gotta get some food in me, and then coordinate with other departments. Any other questions?"

Titan

"Thank you, Detective. First, for all the trust placed in us, I can earnestly say we are going to do everything in our power to live up to it;

and second, for the extensive information and support. While this whole situation put all of us - heroes and OPD alike - under spacer.png

immense pressure, this is a time when we all need to do our best. And that's exactly what we are going to do, for better or worse. As for the questions, I think I'm good for now, but we may need to retreat for a bit to think it through just among us. So, I'll see you tonight."

Then Titan takes a step back to let the others ask their questions, if necessary.

Aegis listens to The Montor explain his powers and gets a grin on his face, not that anyone else notices due to his mask.

Those are some very useful powers. Can you affect things that are in other peoples possession. For instance could you alter the make up of F.I.S.T.'s armor making it more fragile? Or if one of them is swinging or throwing a large object at one of us could you alter the item so it does little to no damage when it hits? There are lots of little ways you could use those to confound your enemies.

After the Captain and Commander leave he listens to Broykowski.

I consider it an honor that you put your trust in us and we will do the best we can to keep that trust. I know I have been trying to find a way to get the local police force to allow me to assist them in an official manner for a while now, but have not gotten too far. I hope this goes well and we can continue to work together in the future.

I think I am ready. I say we get to the ambush site early and check it out and pick our hiding spots. From personal experience I find that it is usually better to have a basic plan rather than a detailed one as rarely will things go as planned. You need to be ready to adapt on the fly.

As soon as the others are ready he will go with them and set up.

The Monitor asks his new companions:  

"I would like to visit the potential crime scene today. Maybe observe potential problems we have not considered." 

If he could survey the area, figure out the best escape routes, look for other forms of escape not considered, and even use that time to do more research on the potential weaknesses of the Crushers, then maybe he can be better able to handle the band of criminals when the time comes for him encounter them.        

Action

He would like to use his time to study up on the area of the potential heist, and learn more about the Crushers through whatever sources are available to him (usually electronic means).

The Monitor

COMPLICATIONS

Motivation - Doing Good

Advantages

Skills

Powers

Fortitude Effects

Every 5 rounds

(technological)

(armor, technological)

+10 Toughness

(light, technological)

(technological)

(technological)

(technological)

(gravity, technological)

Sense - Sight; Passive

(atoms, quantum forces)

Offense

Initiative +10

Defense

Power Points

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)
Name
Insight
1d20+15 17

Titan

Titan nods to Aegis:

"I wouldn't say no to a quick look. It's still early in the day, so we'll have time for our other activities, spacer.png

as well, I think. Is there anyone who doesn't want to go there?"

Then look expectantly to the thers, as well.

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

10:08 a.m. Manning Enterprises

ME.png.a1dc3e2e7a147ae97ab7a9b61848d8e5.png

ManningEX.png.24038e82f3a950ae35994da0c62acd3c.png

The heroes arrive at the campus of Manning Enterprises mid-morning with only a few pedestrians and bicyclists and vehicles moving about the area - all of them reacting to the appearance of superheroes with stares!