Session 3: The Library

GM Saint

image.jpeg.4b31315cc7d31c2d127b71f0fb6043a0.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Wizard | Level: 3 | AC: 15| HP: 33/33 | Prof: +2 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +7 | 1d10+5 slash/pierce - EB | +6 | 1d10 Force

CantripsEldritch Blast, Green-Flame Blade, Shape Water, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Message       Spells Known (6)1: Hex, Shield, Disguise Self, Silent Image
2: Misty Step, Mirror Image, Shatter
:

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

"My mom is a nymph and she once told me being Valeborn just means you can do whatever you want because you don't have a destiny," Aaliyah says cheerily. She wasn't concerned with hypothetical situations like this. That they were going to change the entire world with a book that nobody would ever believe was real even if they saw it...

"But my mom is from the Feywild and they do whatever they want anyway. I think this sounds fun! Can I come?"

Murdain.png.7541035011445ee62ce0a68e221882f9.pngMurdain Shattershield

Class: Rogue(Soulknife16) 4 | AC: 15 | HP: 40/40 | Prof: +2 | Init: +4 | PP: 14 | Speed: 30ft

SavesStrength: +0
Dexterity: +6
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +1
Wisdom: +2
Charisma: -1
 | Special AbilitiesDarkvision 60ft
Sneak Attack942: 2d6
Cunning Action: Bonus to Dodge, Dash, Hide.
Psionic Power: 4d6, LR. Recharge 1/SR as a Bonus Action. 4/4
Psi-Bolstered Knack: Add Psionic Die3, expend on success only, when failing Ability Check or Tool with Prof.
Psychic Whispers: Telepathy for 1d6 hours, 1mile. Prof target +you. Action. Free 1st time.
Psychic Blades: 1d6/1d4. Simple [Light] Melee Finesse Thrown. Range 60ft.
 | AttacksPsionic Blade | +6 | 1d6+4 Psychic / 60
Psionic Dagger | +6 | 1d4 Psychic / 60
Shortsword | +6 | 1d8+4 Slashing
Dagger | +6 | 1d4+3 Piercing / 20/60
Shortbow | +6 | 1d6+4 Piercing / 80/320
 | ToolsThieves Tools: +6
Woodcarver's Tools: +6
 | Skills+Athletics: +2
+Acrobatics: +6
++Stealth2627: +8
Sleight of Hand: +4
Arcana4: +1
Nature: +1
History: +1
Religion: +1
+Investigation12 +3
Animal Handling: +2
Medicine +2
Insight +2
+Perception: +4
Survival: +2
++Deception: +3
Performance: -1
Intimidation: -1
Persuasion: -1

ConditionsTale of the Traveller: +4 THP, +1 AC, +10ft Speed. Lasts until THP is expended. | Death SavesFailed: 0/3
Succeeded: 0/3
 | Hit Dice4d8: 0 Used.
 |
LuckyRecovers on a Long Rest: 2/2|  Psionic5: 4/4InventoryA crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp, Cloak of Elvenkind, thieves' tools, woodcarver tools, 2x daggers
Leather armor, explorer's pack(backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.), Shortsword, shortbow, 20x arrows

~"Well, never mind on that I guess. Whole town may know soon enough."~ Murdain controlled his expression, taking another drink of coffee and returning to his food. ~"I am willing to take the deal, myself; though this certainly seems like the 'send a professional to silence those who know an inconvenient truth' kind of deal. We've already been seen together with them, may as well control the situation."~ The dwarf bit into the toasted bread, then taking another forkful of scrambled eggs. With any luck, Agatha is busy, and the old grump... Well, that'll work out if it has to be worked out. It would be easy... Murdain paused, the fork midway to his mouth, as an unwanted thought passed through his head. Stand, lean, twist, focus, straighten hand, let go... A knock. Would it be heard?  Of course it would. Just a 'heart attack'. Grimacing, the dwarf gripped the fork more firmly, forcing himself to breathe out, then in, and finish putting his food in his mouth, chewing slowly with shut eyes. Another one. No, no... Control. Had to exist. Had to be rid of it. Was rid of it. He finished his meal silently, hoping Souris would relay his message, and returned to his coffee. Some apple pie would have been nice right now... Thought the dwarf, feeling his thumb twitching against the coffee mug. He did not dare call Agatha, in case she hadnt heard all this yet.

OOC/Mechanics

Action: 
Bonus Action: 
Free Action: 
Move: 
Buffs: 2 Hours Telepathy: Souris and Ved.

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

nopeys-norman-de-mesa-princessmononoke6merged2lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2.jpg.2eef72a6061a2e02d985d446276169df.jpg

Name: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 4 | AC: 16 | HP: 36/36 | Prof: +2 | PP: 16 

SavesStr -1 / Dex +2 / Con +1 / Int +3 / Wis +6 / Cha +0 | AttacksShillelagh | +6 | 1d8+4 Bludgeoning | CantripsGuidance, Shillelagh, Shape Water | Magic Items2x Healing Potions | Wildshape:CR: 1
No Flying Speed
Duration: 2hrs

▣ ▣

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack: +6 | Level 1Detect Magic, Faerie Fire, Goodberry, Healing Word, Ice Knife ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2Detect Thoughts (1/day per feat).
Moonbeam, Pass without Trace, Summon Beast
 ▣ ▣ ▣ | 
 LuckWhen failing any D20 check, you may spend one luck die to reroll the result. This decision is made after the roll but before the results are known. You must declare the use of this dice in your post. These die refresh during a long rest.  ▣ ▣

She closed her eyes slowly, pinching them tight as she took a breath.  Why did she have to make such grandiose claims? Oh course something completely insane would spark Aaliyah's interest.  The girl was All Yah! The druid looked to the sisters flatly. "I'm not having you lot go alone, I'm coming, likely with Barry Featherhat and the old fart's son too.  Barbar can heal, Junior knows which end of the sword is pointy, you already have an idea of what I might be capable of.  'Liyah, well, she talks to squirrels and Murmur's just full of surprises.  And you comin' Calli?... she's of your sort... but you two look like shit piles after a rainstorm, you want to sleep or something first?  Maybe there's a spot to camp near this people eating place or you want to rest here first?    Who knows, maybe we'll run into the... what are we calling it now? The squidow maker?"  Rubbing between her eyes and shaking her head slightly, she took Murdain's coffee and began drinking it, she should get something stronger... she wondered if this was how Ved felt about their last plan... that one had worked, so who knew what was in store for them.

"I need time to make the alchemist's fire. I have enough to make a few vials of it. You need rest too, Ethel. We're in no rush and I want to be safe. You go to sleep and I'll go somewhere near the lake to make it. I doubt Ms. Agatha would approve of me making liquid fire in her inn," Aria says, urging her sister on her feet to get her towards the stairs.

"Why not? You've only burned down one building by accident," Ethel teases, agreeing to the trip to their rooms for a nap. "We'll wait until morning. I don't know what you all are hunting, but I heard the mayor on the way into town just now. Anybody outside at night is asking to be killed. It sounds like trouble."

Name Aaliyah | Class Wizard | Level: 3 | AC: 15| HP: 33/33 | Prof: +2 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +7 | 1d10+5 slash/pierce - EB | +6 | 1d10 Force

CantripsEldritch Blast, Green-Flame Blade, Shape Water, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Message       Spells Known (6)1: Hex, Shield, Disguise Self, Silent Image
:

"I'll go with her so you can sleep. I'll make sure nothing sneaks out of the lake and I wanna see how you make liquid fire!" she cheers, ready to run off with her new friend to do alchemy together.

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 4 

AC: 16+1 | HP: 48/48 | Hit dice: 2/3d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2     Attacks Rapier +5 1d8+3
Light crossbow 80/320 +5 1d6+3
 | Saves Str +3 | Dex +3 | Con +4 | Wis +1 | Int -1 | Cha +0; | Maneuvers Precision attack55 | Menacing attack | Trip attack | Parry | Riposte | DC 13;

"We'll see I guess. Time will tell who gets hungry first, me or your town. Thanks for the fifty. Here, do you know what the two bookworm girls are up to? They're busy and they're secretive and they are hanging round the old man. It's a worry I don't need."

https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107520&stc=1&d=1667330676Name Barkvin | Class Cleric 3 | AC: 18 | HP: 28/30 | Prof: +2 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +2 / Dex +1 / Con +2 / Int +0 / Wis +5 / Cha +1 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +4 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +3 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame  Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 13 | Spell Attack +5 | Hit Dice d8 (2/3)

Level 1 | (2/4) | Command, Bless (+d4), Bane (-d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+6 healing), Healing Word (1d4+6 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (1/2)  | Hold Person, Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+3 force)

Finishing his ale, Barkvin puts down the mug.  "Aye, If yer heading to the lake, I would like to come along too.  There is some magic in them waters."  He gets up and looks around seeing that Ved has left.

Mechanics

Reaction:  none

Bonus Action: none

Move: none

Action: none

"It's okay, she's fey and the fey aren't usually malicious," Aria tries to reassure her sister. After some fussing, the two girls disappear upstairs until Aria eventually returns. "I'm the big sister but she's always been protective of me. Ever since our parents died, it's just been us and I've never been very useful when it comes to keeping us alive."

"Oh, I should warn you that what I'm making might explode so I wouldn't be too close." Her warning given, she's heading off towards the lake with Barkvin and Aaliyah.

Ved.

The mayor just shrugs. "Seen 'em the other night chatting him up. Once I was sure they weren't looking for nobody in particular, I stopped caring. They don't cause trouble and they can keep on whatever they're about.  Only a matter of time before that old dog gets one of 'em killed, if he don't just do it himself."

The Lake.

You leave town and get to the lake, passing by the mayor as he talks to Ved and continues instructing his conscripted militia. You see the large house beginning construction and the trickle of carts coming in and out of the gates. From outside the gates you see a ship has arrived loaded with supplies for building that very house though it's unlikely it has enough for the entire thing. Multiple ships means quite a bit of gold being spent by someone fleeing into exile.

Aria doesn't go to the town's external port of course, instead finding a more beachy area down the coast. There she opens a case and begins folding out a large table covered in beakers and tubes. It's not possible all of it was in there but before long she has an entire alchemy station just sitting on the beach. Then she's pulling out bags of powders and vials of liquid... "If you want to help, I could use a fire!"

Class: Rogue(Soulknife16) 4 | AC: 15 | HP: 40/40 | Prof: +2 | Init: +4 | PP: 14 | Speed: 30ft

Psi-Bolstered Knack: Add Psionic Die3, expend on success only, when failing Ability Check or Tool with Prof.
Psychic Whispers: Telepathy for 1d6 hours, 1mile. Prof target +you. Action. Free 1st time.
+Investigation12 +3
Medicine +2
Insight +2

ConditionsTale of the Traveller: +4 THP, +1 AC, +10ft Speed. Lasts until THP is expended. | Death SavesFailed: 0/3
 |
LuckyRecovers on a Long Rest: 2/2|  Psionic5: 4/4InventoryA crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp, Cloak of Elvenkind, thieves' tools, woodcarver tools, 2x daggers
Leather armor, explorer's pack(backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.), Shortsword, shortbow, 20x arrows

Murdain sighed and ordered a large slice of pie anyway, uttering a long colorful phraseexpletives in Thieves Cant.. If everything was going to hell anyway, better have something sweet to tide you over for a while. "Just to be crystal clear - deal's fine." He pointed at Ethel with a spoon. "But your sister's right, you need sleep. As for the monster, and other problems, best talk about that with a fresh head. I'll be back." The dwarf wolfed down his pie, then got up, paying for the food and thanking the innkeep if she was in sight, then walked off to check on the hunter residence - not openly peering inside, just walking nearby to see if anything seemed off - doors still closed, goddess forbid, blood, or worse. 

OOC/Mechanics

Action: 
Bonus Action: 
Free Action: 
Move: 

Murdain.

Dalen's house is already alive with activity, as many houses are. His mother and, it seems, his wife's mother, are making things happen. Dalen himself is sitting outside, still looking exhausted but more alert now. The other men from last night weren't part of the family but concerned neighbors and the mayor has most able bodied men - and many of them women - carrying messages to families that live outside the safety of town and warning people to avoid dark areas and to stay inside at night and to try and move into town unntil the threat has passed.

Dalen, of course, is in no shape for any of that. He's got more life in him now than he died last night though for certain.

+Investigation12 +3
Medicine +2
Insight +2

|

Well, at least its not all gone badly. Mentally noted the dwarf, hiding a brief smile in his beard, and passing by the house, satisfied with his inspection. Maybe they were over that, and he was wrong, after all. That would be ideal. Now he just needed to find and chat with Mayor Creed. Finding him likely wouldnt be too difficult in a small town - and Ved went off to talk to him as well, worst came to worst he'd send him a message and ask. 

If he did find the Mayor without further interruptions: "Mornin, Mayor Creed. Have a few minutes to spare? Wanted to chat about some information."

OOC/Mechanics

Action: 
Bonus Action: 
Free Action: 
Move: 

:

"Oh, you have this whole station in that little box. That's impressive! I like magical things like this. I wish I could make them myself. My mom gave me a magical toy when I was little, a statue that would turn into a real panther sometimes. I would ride on its back and play fetch until it's magic ran out and it went away for a few days. She wouldn't let me keep it though. She said I was too old and I should focus on my sword."