Session 3: The Library

GM Saint

She takes some of her untouched food with her, but she doesn't think she trusts the girl and her magic fire alone with Aaliyah, who knows what could happen. She was more impressed with everything she could pull out of that small space than what she was about to do. Alchemy wasn't really her focus.

"I can help you with fire, thats not too hard", she kicks together a little kindling a small distance away from the table, and with a wave of her hand flicks a little streak of flames into the pile, almost instantly starting it ablaze.

Edited by GM Saint (see edit history)

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 4 

AC: 16+1 | HP: 48/48 | Hit dice: 2/3d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2     Attacks Rapier +5 1d8+3
Light crossbow 80/320 +5 1d6+3
 | Saves Str +3 | Dex +3 | Con +4 | Wis +1 | Int -1 | Cha +0; | Maneuvers Precision attack55 | Menacing attack | Trip attack | Parry | Riposte | DC 13;

Ved greets Murdain as he approaches the mayor.

"You get a deal? They know somewhere hidden. You only hide something if it's valuable, so it's a place probably worth pillaging."

https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=107520&stc=1&d=1667330676Name Barkvin | Class Cleric 4 | AC: 18 | HP: 37/37 | Prof: +2 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +2 / Dex +1 / Con +2 / Int +0 / Wis +6 / Cha +1 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +4 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +3 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice d8 (4/4)

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame, Word of Radiance (1d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Command, Bless (+d4), Bane (-d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person, Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6)

The half orc joins the ladies as they head out to the beach.  As they pass the dock he comments mostly to himself.  "Argh, you would think that they would be shipping in meat instead of lumber.  A house don't do you much good with nothing to eat." 

He watches curiously as Aria sets up her shop.  "Aye, I will leave this to you.  Don't know much about such things.  I'll just be down by the water."  He does down about 100 feet from where the make shift shop is set up up but still in view and wades out into the shallows holding up a his arms to the sun he offers a prayer to Sola the sun goddess.  He feels her love radiating from above.

Mechanics

Reaction:  none

Bonus Action: none

Move: none

Action: none

Edited by WolfBirch (see edit history)

Murdain and Ved.

The mayor nods at Murdain when he asks for a chat. "Aye, might as well blow the whole morning. Wanted to make a visit to the man running this construction but it can wait."

Beach group

"Its a portable alchemy lab. It's rare to find magical items but my sister... she found this for me. As long as I have this, we can get back on our feet because you can't rob my education from me."

Aria doesn't really need much in the way of assistance so you're free to do as you wish. "So are you a trained magic user or another warlock like my colorful new friend here?" She asks to Callisto.

Murdain.png.7541035011445ee62ce0a68e221882f9.pngMurdain Shattershield

Class: Rogue(Soulknife16) 4 | AC: 15 | HP: 40/40 | Prof: +2 | Init: +4 | PP: 14 | Speed: 30ft

SavesStrength: +0
Dexterity: +6
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +1
Wisdom: +2
Charisma: -1
 | Special AbilitiesDarkvision 60ft
Sneak Attack942: 2d6
Cunning Action: Bonus to Dodge, Dash, Hide.
Psionic Power: 4d6, LR. Recharge 1/SR as a Bonus Action. 4/4
Psi-Bolstered Knack: Add Psionic Die3, expend on success only, when failing Ability Check or Tool with Prof.
Psychic Whispers: Telepathy for 1d6 hours, 1mile. Prof target +you. Action. Free 1st time.
Psychic Blades: 1d6/1d4. Simple [Light] Melee Finesse Thrown. Range 60ft.
 | AttacksPsionic Blade | +6 | 1d6+4 Psychic / 60
Psionic Dagger | +6 | 1d4 Psychic / 60
Shortsword | +6 | 1d8+4 Slashing
Dagger | +6 | 1d4+3 Piercing / 20/60
Shortbow | +6 | 1d6+4 Piercing / 80/320
 | ToolsThieves Tools: +6
Woodcarver's Tools: +6
 | Skills+Athletics: +2
+Acrobatics: +6
++Stealth2627: +8
Sleight of Hand: +4
Arcana4: +1
Nature: +1
History: +1
Religion: +1
+Investigation12 +3
Animal Handling: +2
Medicine +2
Insight +2
+Perception: +4
Survival: +2
++Deception: +3
Performance: -1
Intimidation: -1
Persuasion: -1

ConditionsTale of the Traveller: +4 THP, +1 AC, +10ft Speed. Lasts until THP is expended. | Death SavesFailed: 0/3
Succeeded: 0/3
 | Hit Dice4d8: 0 Used.
 |
LuckyRecovers on a Long Rest: 2/2|  Psionic5: 4/4InventoryA crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp, Cloak of Elvenkind, thieves' tools, woodcarver tools, 2x daggers
Leather armor, explorer's pack(backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.), Shortsword, shortbow, 20x arrows

"Not to worry, my message is short." Murdain assured Creed, giving Ved a short wave. ~"Its complicated. Not in front of people. Deal - yes, but must be secretive."~ The last thing he wanted was to parade this in front of the Mayor who'd put two and two together easily. "The younger one needs rest, an' older one's off somewhere. Maybe." The dwarf turned to the mayor next: "I dont think you care much about the nature of this critter you've sent us after, but correct me if I'm wrong; so I'll just mention that it seems to not like the Lake over much. Second, it spawned, an' we killed two so far." Murdain doubted if this man cared about how it 'spawned', or its habits and abilities, but he figured if it attacked the town, they'd at least better know to get in boats and go onto the lake. "Now the second bit of news. The Morys are dead. Skorn are at their place - we counted five of the cat bastards, and then there was one wearin' a snake skull on his head. That one could cast spells, an' had a weird dagger fer a weapon. Dunno if that tells you anythin', but you seemed to know of em, at least."

OOC/Mechanics

Action: 
Bonus Action: 
Free Action: 
Move: 
Buffs: 2 Hours Telepathy: Souris and Ved.

nopeys-norman-de-mesa-princessmononoke6merged2lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2.jpg.2eef72a6061a2e02d985d446276169df.jpg

Name: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 4 | AC: 16 | HP: 36/36 | Prof: +2 | PP: 16 

SavesStr -1 / Dex +2 / Con +1 / Int +3 / Wis +6 / Cha +0 | AttacksShillelagh | +6 | 1d8+4 Bludgeoning | CantripsGuidance, Shillelagh, Shape Water | Magic Items2x Healing Potions | Wildshape:CR: 1
No Flying Speed
Duration: 2hrs

▣ ▣

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack: +6 | Level 1Detect Magic, Faerie Fire, Goodberry, Healing Word, Ice Knife ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2Detect Thoughts (1/day per feat).
Moonbeam, Pass without Trace, Summon Beast
 ▣ ▣ ▣ | 
 LuckWhen failing any D20 check, you may spend one luck die to reroll the result. This decision is made after the roll but before the results are known. You must declare the use of this dice in your post. These die refresh during a long rest.  ▣ ▣

Souris followed the girls to the lake and was ankle deep in the water making it dance up into shapes with her new affinity.   Aria's alchemist kit was impressive, but really, it was still tiny and didn't have near the stuff she was used to.  Where even were all the strange monster bits?  Looking back over her shoulder she called out to them "I can help you with that if you like, I've trained in alchemy and I've been an extra set of hands in such things more times than I can count."

Murdain and Ved.

"The Mory's are dead? Not all wrong in the world then," he says, spitting at his feet. He'd already banned the family from the town limits so finding them wiped out is a relief.

"Yes young Ved here told me about the beastie. I got folks trying to bring families into the walls until we stop the momma. Ey don't worry about running no messages up to the border town, that boat out there is headed north so om sending it with them"

Murdain.png.7541035011445ee62ce0a68e221882f9.pngMurdain Shattershield

Class: Rogue(Soulknife16) 4 | AC: 15 | HP: 40/40 | Prof: +2 | Init: +4 | PP: 14 | Speed: 30ft

SavesStrength: +0
Dexterity: +6
Constitution: +2
Intelligence: +1
Wisdom: +2
Charisma: -1
 | Special AbilitiesDarkvision 60ft
Sneak Attack942: 2d6
Cunning Action: Bonus to Dodge, Dash, Hide.
Psionic Power: 4d6, LR. Recharge 1/SR as a Bonus Action. 4/4
Psi-Bolstered Knack: Add Psionic Die3, expend on success only, when failing Ability Check or Tool with Prof.
Psychic Whispers: Telepathy for 1d6 hours, 1mile. Prof target +you. Action. Free 1st time.
Psychic Blades: 1d6/1d4. Simple [Light] Melee Finesse Thrown. Range 60ft.
 | AttacksPsionic Blade | +6 | 1d6+4 Psychic / 60
Psionic Dagger | +6 | 1d4 Psychic / 60
Shortsword | +6 | 1d8+4 Slashing
Dagger | +6 | 1d4+3 Piercing / 20/60
Shortbow | +6 | 1d6+4 Piercing / 80/320
 | ToolsThieves Tools: +6
Woodcarver's Tools: +6
 | Skills+Athletics: +2
+Acrobatics: +6
++Stealth2627: +8
Sleight of Hand: +4
Arcana4: +1
Nature: +1
History: +1
Religion: +1
+Investigation12 +3
Animal Handling: +2
Medicine +2
Insight +2
+Perception: +4
Survival: +2
++Deception: +3
Performance: -1
Intimidation: -1
Persuasion: -1

ConditionsTale of the Traveller: +4 THP, +1 AC, +10ft Speed. Lasts until THP is expended. | Death SavesFailed: 0/3
Succeeded: 0/3
 | Hit Dice4d8: 0 Used.
 |
LuckyRecovers on a Long Rest: 2/2|  Psionic5: 4/4InventoryA crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp, Cloak of Elvenkind, thieves' tools, woodcarver tools, 2x daggers
Leather armor, explorer's pack(backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.), Shortsword, shortbow, 20x arrows

"Aye, not about to shed a tear - except they've been killed by Skorn, so if they're goin' around murdering households, might have a problem." Murdain made a considering look. "Course, could be they got killed for somethin' they done, not just random. Anyway, thats all I had to say, and noted bout the message, thanks for the heads up, and your time." The dwarf nodded his farewell unless stopped, and wandered off to go and find someone to buy a few nets from. 

OOC/Mechanics

Action: 
Bonus Action: 
Free Action: 
Move: 
Buffs: 2 Hours Telepathy: Souris and Ved.

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

"Five and a handler?" The mayor's hand drifts to his peacebonded sword, his eyes staring off in the distance though it seemed like he wasn't looking at anything in particular. The sword's handle was normal enough except for the silver crescent moon adorning it's side. It's the symbol of an old order of swordsmen called The Peerless; world class master swordsmen believed to have few mortal equals. The blade is unique though, with a straight start and a harder backwards curve. At least, the scabbard suggests it's built that way as the weapon's handle is welded to the scabbard with a mesh of silver wires fused directly into it.

Someone strong enough might be able to rip the blade entirely free but it'd have to be cut out meticulously by most. You've never heard of him drawing the blade though but he did beat a man to death with it undrawn, a Mory brother in fact. The stories about the sword and why it's bonded like that aren't as different as his own reputation; some say he earned the sword by himself being one of The Peerless while others say he stole the sword from a swordsman who won't follow him into the Vale and he bonded it so he never has to draw it and prove it isn't his sword. Others say he killed the original owner and took it as a trophy and many think killing one of The Peerless qualifies you as one yourself though some admit he could have shot the man with a crossbow rather than best him in honorable combat.

"Five Skorn'll cut through most of these lot but we can best them. They aren't gods, just the best soldiers in the world. I know a man what lives a couple days out of town. Doesn't like to be bothered but Olin can handle at least one of the bastards, one on one. With his help, cut down a lot of casualities..."

Murdain. You know Olin Moonforge. He was a general from the Moonforge clan down in Valefort, a well decorated one with decades of experience on the battlefield. He didn't flee to the Vale as an exile. He retired here because every time he retires, the clan manages to call upon him back to action again and he's already outlived all his sons and just wants to finish getting old and die. He figures the clan won't send anyone into the Vale to ask him to return. It's not really the best idea though as people aren't supposed to pursue people into the Vale or force them out or hunt them down. Sending a message asking for your help and relying on your own honor to make you heed the call... he'd still answer that call if the message came.

Kilij_1200x1200.jpg.ec835b3bbff1192e0ff4486d6b752752.jpg

Edited by GM Saint (see edit history)

https://i.imgur.com/ln4Kcbd.jpg
Name: Callisto | Class: Wizard (Evocation) | Level: 4 | AC: 1516 with Mage Armor | HP: 28 | Prof: +2
Saves: Str -1, Dex +3, Con +2, Int +7, Wis +1, Cha +0
Attacks: Quarterstaff | +1 | 1d6 Bludgeoning
Special Abilities: (SP 2/2) Transmute Spell, Quicken Spell, Sculpt Spell, Lucky (2/2)
Memorized Spells (9) | Spell DC: 12 | Spell Attack: +4 Cantrips: Shocking Grasp, Fire bolt, Prestidigitation, Toll the Dead
Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣
Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Shield, Chromantic Orb
Level 2 ▣ ▣ ▣
Rime's Binding Ice, Hold Person, Scorching Ray, Tasha's Mind Whip
Magic Items:

"Thats amazing, really." she keeps out of the way but leans over Aria to watch her work. She might not be much of an alchemist but she knew talent and training when she saw it.

"I'm classically trained. My aptitude was spotted early, so i got an apprenticeship from a local wizard. I don't have the sort of.. innate magic like others, or the uh.. connections like the warlocks. Considering my sister.. I don't know which of those two is worse."

She moves away a little to circle the table but is careful not to get too close, it wouldn't be the first time she saw a beaker of something weird explode "I mostly just focus on archeology. I study old ruins and search the woods for lost treasures. My magic helps me, but mostly it just keeps me alive, there is a lot of nasty things out there."

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)

Beach.

"Nasty things like black goo. I think it's an ambush predator that just sits and waits for rat and bugs to come to it... we were the rats. I also study archaeology. Ever since I began schooling outside the Vale, I've been reading about the Empyrean. The libraries in Carysand are sanitized though. It's just fairy tales now; I can't even find his name anywhere. I do know he's there," she points towards the mountain island in the middle of the lake, large enough to be clearly visible from here.

Empyrean's Fall is what the island was called. No one knows what's there though as no one who's gone there has returned with the story. Occasionally, you can spot flying creatures circling the mountain but they stay too far away to identify. Those who have been on the south side of the Vale will know there are signs of beach and lots of vegetation on that side with the rocky mountain taking up the north part of the island.

"He's on that island somewhere, or his body is. Nobody alive today seems to know what actually happened that day. What killed a demigod, son of Sola herself? Why did the battle blast the land? Why did the Kingpriest make his proclamation?"

image.jpeg.4b31315cc7d31c2d127b71f0fb6043a0.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Wizard | Level: 3 | AC: 15| HP: 33/33 | Prof: +2 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +7 | 1d10+5 slash/pierce - EB | +6 | 1d10 Force

CantripsEldritch Blast, Green-Flame Blade, Shape Water, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Message       Spells Known (6)1: Hex, Shield, Disguise Self, Silent Image
2: Misty Step, Mirror Image, Shatter
:

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

"Why do you care about it so much? What happened back then doesn't matter now, right? My mom told me the stories about the empyrean and how it fought some big evil and made the Vale. Kingpriest made his decree blah blah blah..." she continues to 'blah' for several seconds before giggling. "Why don't we just go THERE and take a look see?" her eyes fixated on the island.

Beach.

"Um, one day I will but it seems to be a very dangerous place. I've never heard of anyone ever going there and coming back. I... we need more gold, more people we can trust... and for me to get more useful. I never got the magic spark like Ethel did and I even tried the priesthood but the Light wouldn't answer me, the wild wouldn't answer me..." Aria continues working on his mixture.

nopeys-norman-de-mesa-princessmononoke6merged2lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww2.jpg.2eef72a6061a2e02d985d446276169df.jpg

Name: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 4 | AC: 16 | HP: 36/36 | Prof: +2 | PP: 16 

SavesStr -1 / Dex +2 / Con +1 / Int +3 / Wis +6 / Cha +0 | AttacksShillelagh | +6 | 1d8+4 Bludgeoning | CantripsGuidance, Shillelagh, Shape Water | Magic Items2x Healing Potions | Wildshape:CR: 1
No Flying Speed
Duration: 2hrs

▣ ▣

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack: +6 | Level 1Detect Magic, Faerie Fire, Goodberry, Healing Word, Ice Knife ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2Detect Thoughts (1/day per feat).
Moonbeam, Pass without Trace, Summon Beast
 ▣ ▣ ▣ | 
 LuckWhen failing any D20 check, you may spend one luck die to reroll the result. This decision is made after the roll but before the results are known. You must declare the use of this dice in your post. These die refresh during a long rest.  ▣ ▣

Souris, offer ignored, continued to play with the water.  She tried making it look like a wolf and walk up onto the beach seeing how far she could get her water wolf before it would splash into the rocks.  "Well you have alchemy, have you tried building on that?  Like mimicking spells with alchemical creations, I've seen some... interesting things done with alchemy.  Sometimes its hard to tell where it ends and magic begins really.  I think ours, mine and Liyah's is mostly inherited.  Still, I bet I can swim out to that island no trouble... but just looking at it makes my hackles stand on end.  There's something not right about that place."