Game chat

wrathgon

No, I mean for him. His placement and position are fairly undefined during this exchange (facing each other is about it?). I was going to define it and use it a little bit.

I would like to have your character perform actions defined by me, that may include physical contact. All above boards.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

Unless it got countermanned, she should have provided limited proof of her identity. Back when she was trying to convince him to chose and his counter was a question on why Sam might think her a threat/have other designs for Jake.

I believe you skipped over it during their exchange, without acknowledging it.

If it was countermanned, might need to slightly adjust her thinking. I won't try for any retcons, just a tweak in the current.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

If I remember correctly it was heavily redacted and might not even be accurate. He would have probably glazed over it once he saw so much was hidden and would have figured anything dangerous to him and his crew would not show up in a file. Lol

23 minutes ago, evedgebah said:

That's an exorbitant cost for asking for help $10,000 for a 10 Int 10 Cha Contact with a discount that CAPS at $1,250 for 5 Loyalty (max).

Did that system get adjusted after the 'Cash Benefit' overhaul?

37 minutes ago, Sohala said:

Did that system get adjusted after the 'Cash Benefit' overhaul?

Modifer not stat so 0+0x100 is 0 +1 +1 is 200 credits at worst its +4 +4 for 800

Also remember this

CONTACT UPKEEP

Contact do not live in a void until you need them, you need to maintain them and keep them happy, that is what we call Contact Upkeep. There are 2 parts to this: 1. You should write in your posts you drop by to buy them a coffee or call them on their bday, show that they are part of your life else they might not be there when you need them. The higher loyalty they have the more understanding they will be when they have not seen you in 6 months but NOW you want something. A good general rule is they will forgive no contact for 1 month for every loyalty rating they have, if you are that or over that a Diplomacy check DC 25 +1 every month over the general rule adding your Loyalty rating to the check will get you back in good books. if you fail to check loyalty goes down by one. 2. Payments, this is in the form of dinners, tips, hard info, loans of equipment etc. The yearly cost of maintaining them is purchase DC 30 - (loyality+connection) broken down into monthly costs. That is for each contact you want to maintain. If you miss a few months that is fine, just have to make sure by the end of the year it covers this or you risk losing them completely. If you fail on either of these and you try to use the contact, you are at -4 on all rolls dealing with them until you resume full upkeep. At end of the year if you have not treating them well, roll a 1d6, if you roll over the correct loyalty, their loyalty drops by 1.

@evedgebah

I figured we'd handle contact upkeep in Downtime?

Upkeep costs are more reasonable, I suppose, I guess I spend a few thousand dollars on dinners and parties with my friends over a year.

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

Huh... never really paid attention to ability typing. Turns out some damage reduction can be blocked by antimagic areas. Thought it was only an EX thing, I was wrong. The more you know.

So what the captain has done is diff a supernatural power which seems to work, so whatever is stopping magic, it seems like Su powers are not blocked.