Game chat

wrathgon

I dont think she reported your psionic action ( though that is what she told jake she did) , she did report you are not from this world which is what she was tasked to find out and prove, she just delayed filing the report... until you charmed her friend then it went right into the sent box :) You find it hard to disprove you are not from here being your whole state is barred on this planet :) The question you got to ask yourself now is does she know the rest of you are off-worlders as well and if she does... why didn't she drop everyone in the cage....

Like you said I can not vouch for what I don't know. From IC she threw a book with PSI regulations at Jake and that is what Jake said, abuse of PSI, being an alien, being dang Vampire. All three very different crimes. All I had to do was 1. Regulations from the PSI link 2. What Sam did 3. What Sam thinks she saw. When Cap. said that she blew our cover as off-wordlerss, Sam took it as the gospel and just went with it. Now Jake blipped in and mentioned about PSI regulation, I read it and thought about it and posted that is one specific charge Sam could beat. That is all. I'm not going into any other stuff, just that in complete isolation from all the other crap. If you want to go into extremes just a UV light is enough to blow Sam's cover 😛

Well you can trust Captain Word and bug out with him or you stay and face the music that will be a choice you have to make, might be better than picking ticks out of bats fur though....

14 minutes ago, wrathgon said:

Well you can trust Captain Word and bug out with him or you stay and face the music that will be a choice you have to make, might be better than picking ticks out of bats fur though....

Yeah on that one...I forgot there is no sunlight to worry about. I was writing the post and thought "crap I need to think about the daylight, well I guess I'll hunker with bats for now." 🤪 I'll improve Sam's living conditions after he gets some protein and probably picks up several dozen different parasites 😂

4 hours ago, wrathgon said:

I dont think she reported your psionic action ( though that is what she told jake she did) , she did report you are not from this world which is what she was tasked to find out and prove

I would contend that while she did not specify psionics, she did mention the effect and the same 'if it's not magic' could apply.

It would be the same vein as not having spelled out specifics in her report.

And yes, there is lying happening, I was going to put a skill contest at the end of the conversation.

Ah Jake would fail it anyway. I mean he did prance with a fully armored war robot and Troll he saw for the first time armed with epaulets, toothpick, and a squirt gun. 😁

33 minutes ago, darlis moonbeam said:

But it was a super soaker 3000. Jake just defended Sammy with the "they called you evil, maniacal, egotistical, frigid, asshole and he calls out you are not frigid." Lol

Say another word mister and I'm not riding on Anthony's back to save you, oh Antony is a bat I was cleaning lice from, nice fella. Imagine, you stand alone against an army of robots and Sam shows up like in the LoTR-Two Towers with hundred-half-inch flapping not-rodents (I am not calling them Chiroptera) while Jeff and Sammy (bats that warmed Sam) slowly lift crayon-drawn sun behind them and Sam asks..."Does our pilot stand alone?" (of course I'm the Gandalf, I'm the brains behind this operation after all) Then, naturally, they all are torn to pieces in hail of various power weapons and techno-magic.

I mean, sure Jake would still be screwed but at least he'd face it laughing his ass off.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

After Prax gives Jake an ultimatum to go with her or not. I figured to spare Jake a potentially good roll for later since on the envelope was already mark that he should not trust her. And I believe Captain sent him a telepathic message even before in private tags although that is just an inference.

1 hour ago, Grudge said:

After Prax gives Jake an ultimatum to go with her or not. I figured to spare Jake a potentially good roll for later since on the envelope was already mark that he should not trust her. And I believe Captain sent him a telepathic message even before in private tags although that is just an inference.

Choice*

I will not have you besmirching her current actions. Jake is there of his choosing, for his own reasons, in a quid pro quo. Their conversation, along with the letter, pushed her to have him reaffirm that choice.

44 minutes ago, Sohala said:

Choice*

I will not have you besmirching her current actions. Jake is there of his choosing, for his own reasons, in a quid pro quo. Their conversation, along with the letter, pushed her to have him reaffirm that choice.

Yeah, choice fits better I guess. It is a kinda fact that I see Jake and her in the same way she sees Sam and...likely 99% of people. He's just a Human and Prax is basically T-1000. Every time she presents him with a choice, there is a voice in the back of my head that she could pick him up under the hand and take him wherever whatever he says. And don't you start about besmirching, what was it "Samuel wishes you to succor with your wife." Well, now that is some besmirching. 😂 The only thing Sam wants with Jakes's wife is to get amnesia and forget she exists, and Jake knows that.

I am okay with the restricted movement, but I am going to need adjudication on the ability for this to do damage and reactive damage in turn.

I used 'succor' to summarize Sam's intent for him to be safe at home with his wife. The house being the thing providing succor/safety/protection. It is perhaps not the best fit, but I thought it captured the meaning.

Hrm... I was thinking stack and burst, assuming no damage, but I think she can outpace what I am going to label swarms.

1 hour ago, Grudge said:

Every time she presents him with a choice, there is a voice in the back of my head that she could pick him up under the hand and take him wherever whatever he says.

You know... given the current circumstances, footballing Jake doesn't sound like the worst idea. The thought has crossed my mind.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Sohala said:

I am okay with the restricted movement, but I am going to need adjudication on the ability for this to do damage and reactive damage in turn.

I used 'succor' to summarize Sam's intent for him to be safe at home with his wife. The house being the thing providing succor/safety/protection. It is perhaps not the best fit, but I thought it captured the meaning.

Hrm... I was thinking stack and burst, assuming no damage, but I think she can outpace what I am going to label swarms.

You know... given the current circumstances, footballing Jake doesn't sound like the worst idea. The thought has crossed my mind.

There shouldn't be any damage, one in-flavor text is just that. I assumed that for combat-graded heavy suit would be plausible to get stuck in several tonnes of gunk but no actual damage. They are just as she is submerged in particularly viscous quickmud and then pulled out quick-dried so mud cakes in cracks and becomes claylike then submerged again. Once she starts using weapons and heat starts burning stuff every now and then they blow about 100 pounds of fine grain ash on the suit and the process is repeated. As mentioned this is perceived under the assumption that she wears top-of-the-line, all-hard covers, fully environment-isolated suits so that there is no real damage to her and nothing to the suit that shouldn't be able to be sorted without high-pressure chemical clean. If I went overkill with the imagination of the suit and it is less capable I'll just change the flavor text.

I thought about what roles could be made and if there was anything in the rules about her moving through the hostile swamp and falling into quickmud/quicksand. Because this would be a kinda living version of that. Also, if there is the possibility that some of the smaller insects can infiltrate suit they won't do that. The goal is strictly to bring her mobility to 0, disable armor weaponry, disable her visual to 0, and reduce the ability of her sensors and comms but I don't think they can't be turned off 100% simply made less effective. To ensure Prax is not harmed due to her understandable actions, if armor is able to be disabled and she has to evacuate vermin is instructed to scatter from her, since to gain mass Sam had to draw on stabby/bitey/spiney and venomous/poisonous/parasite carrying species. Also if she has more weapons inside the suit that she can utilize once out of it, she still remains in possession of that weapon and all of her non-weapon-related things and abilities. As mentioned, it was envisioned with the most expensive armors in mind. If she has fewer capabilities attack will be modified so the weapons and armor are not damaged beyond good chemical washing in order you don't lose any credits unfairly.

There is a caveat with the weapons though, once the weapon/weapons is so gunked that even 1-year recruit would see firing it would cause misfire/damage to it, that is on Prax. After all, she had a choice of not pulling the trigger, once that was obvious.

Outpacing is an option if she is faster than the fastest flying insect there and if she can muscle her way through the tide. Once Jake moved they were coming from literally all sides and coming in tides, if she moved 100 ft in any direction at any speed she is bound to kill and drag corpses on her making her heavier and slower and easier to gain on. I was not kidding with the weight, if armor can drag and push several tonnes with friction and the slippery nature of the terrain taken into consideration difficulty likely increased. Then fair play. Then it would be time for another message since Prax visuals would be compromised by then, it would be likely audio.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)