Game chat

wrathgon

5 minutes ago, wrathgon said:

OOC

The banshee's 400 strong rush into the trap but before it is sprung, they all turn to mist and as one float through the deadly maze of death. Weapon fire is useless against their mist form, the mage unlease spells at them and that does have effect on them, but they are not slowing fast enough. 

What else did you expect them to do?

You clarified over here that the army was under the "mist coverage" on their approach, making the ranged attacks ineffective vs the melee units, even the long range ones. I thought you were correcting what you just quoted with that clarification.

It was my understanding that the banshees can't be mist and solid at the same time.

The commander looks over the battle and watches his troops follow his tactics. Using their strengths to work as one units will continue to see success verse their living foes.

The ghouls atop the trolls use their blindsight to tell where strike while the mist form keep them hidden unable to be targeted as they move in. Assigning enough banshee to cover the front climbers assault, they cant get a lock on what is behind the thick mist. When they get close the mist keeps any melee attacks off balance and the Ghouls direct the powerful trolls attack to smash them from all sides unable to know where the attacks are coming from.

As the main banshee force moves in as mists and are assaulted by spells, they cycle in and out so only one spell hits the same banshee and by the time they cycle back to front they have healed the limited damage. The attackers cannot tell where 1 banshee stops and another begins. The commander can see them effectively using this tactics to advance with no losses.

He starts to plan the next wave to finish these mortals off.....

And you were asking what Prax was expecting? Strong winds to clear out the mist. Just blow it away, clear lines of fire. Negate the cover. As you would with any other mist or smoke. Battlefield magic 101.

But of course, that is only fluff...

When i say spells that does include spells of that nature which are negated by multiple dispel magics from their wizards, if you note the infected do not pelt the other side with spells, their role is just to negate anything your wizard casts at them and gust of wind does no damage. So they just change solid run forward and mist form again wasting your 3rd level spell that push them around.

You seem to think the NPC are incompetent so next wave you can take on control of the army and can direct their responses to what is happening following in the rules of the mass combat rules i am using. This is not a one on one combat we are running. We are running hundreds of creatures fighting across a mile or so battlefield i think you forget that.

I don't think they are stupid, I think they read as stupid. The dice forced your hand and you shorthanded the spell descriptions for both sides, sure.

But I do think a 0% loss rate is statically unheard of for any combat engagement of the size you are suggesting. May I propose a minimum 1% loss (scaling based on power differences to avoid abuse)? Assuming 'loss' includes injuries and not only death.

Re: control

I would just roll a dice [Done].

Re: single combat

Not at all, mass combat, mass spells. AoE effects, explosions, line attacks.

There is the question on the availability magic for it. Didn't track that down with attending combatants. Not my NPCs.

2 hours ago, wrathgon said:

so waiting on response to OX comments guys

I'm sorry I remember there was one but I assumed it does not involve a response from Sam Given his situation, or Adrien given his outsider position. If I'm wrong I can have an answer soon. (A bit sooner if you remind me which thread it was since all are read already 😋 )

any time there is a crew msg you still have your HUDS to speak to the rest of the crew and can give you input if you can bothered :) Just remember one member is a forced member so muting her or being careful what you say when they are on channel is advised.

Yeah. Although as eved goes while it does have similarities, I think there are other viable possibilities too.

Also, @Drunva I think Farhvan wanted to ask something Samuel in private, that thread with XO where there are a lot of private tags might be a good time to do it because Sam might bite the dust permanently soon, or go off the grid for a while.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

On 4/26/2024 at 7:21 AM, Grudge said:

Yeah. Although as eved goes while it does have similarities, I think there are other viable possibilities too.

Also, @Drunva I think Farhvan wanted to ask something Samuel in private, that thread with XO where there are a lot of private tags might be a good time to do it because Sam might bite the dust permanently soon, or go off the grid for a while.

I *think* that was back before we knew what was up with Zora, wanted to collaborate on figuring that out but we got that sorted.