ACT 1; BREAK OUT!

Gspawn

DOOM POOL: 2d6

We begin the evening of on this non crazy night near New York City as an a typical night on the town. The City is Blossoming with the hateful amount of traffic. Enough curse words to make a sailor stay on his ship. Pizza shops are going wild with selling food. 

WHERE ARE OUR HEROES????

Vision

You were invited to hang out with your friends at the young avengers hang out but choose to be on witch duty duty. Not like you really care that much, plus someone had to get stuck with crisis watch duty. Might as well be you. 

Thing

For the 1st time ever you have the Baxter Building all to yourself. Johnny went to party at time square as Reed & Susan Finally get to have a romantic evening to themselves. Rare for them and even rarer for you. You decide to get your Epic cap with soda holsters on with enough Hot Dogs and Burgers to make an elephant have a tummy ache as you sit down and watch The New York Yankee's Vs. Pittsburg Pirates baseball game play!  

Wolverine and Kitty

You both manage to work your way out of watching your crisis by well doing what you guys do best! Stealing Scott's Motorcycle and driving it into town. Hitting up a near by Bar. Its Cowboys and Cowgirls night with square dancing and enough Beer's To drown a whale in sorrow. Logan is gonna need it after being hit on by to man of the fun Boys while Kitty is dancing and sutting the boys down  

Spider-Man

Another Typical Night in New York Swinging, Helping some folks out. Catching thieves just like flies! Though for the last couple hours you can't help to into inner monologue and swing by Avengers Tower to what it once was as its now by name still Avengers Tower but Tony's new residence. Been bout a good year since that place had heroes living there and occasionally scaring clint for fun 

Black Cat

Nothing makes you feel good like ripping off an art Museum. Lets face it they had some really good stuff to steal. so little time. As you manage to slip away with no alarms, camera's or otherwise. You swing around and end up on a roof top near by looking out in the world. 

Daredevil

In alter ego Matt Murdock You and Foggy Nelson (Counts as a Mobile Scene distinction) Are actually just arriving at the at The Raft. Taking on a case that is both mysterious and very questionable as someone named Bob Reynolds is serving time on The Raft with a claim he murdered his wife and volunteered to be locked up at the Raft. Not much is known about the case in general. You take the case as is required by law to have a defense attorney and well while your ot a public defender per say you took the client on since he has no cash and interested   

ONLY DAREDEVIL (AT the moment) : You landed on THE LOADING DECK with the scene distinctions of: OPEN TO THE ELEMENTS where Helicopters manage to take you and Foggy Nelson on to the Raft with minor visit and legal standards though shield security and while you cannot see it (No Pun intended lol) The Reinforced Entry Bay Doors Have plenty of SHIELD Agnets on guard 

EVERYONE: Begins the game with 1 Plot point! Build up what your characters do in character  

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)

Kitty accepts offers to two step, travelling cha cha and waltz.... real cowboys don't line dance. On more than one occasion she had to brush off unwanted advances. During some more aggressive come-ons, Kitty parries them with pointing out the veracity of their belt buckle they CLAIMED to have won. "That's an NFR buckle, I'm pretty sure if you had won that, I would have heard of you." Crestfallen, the "cowboy" would retreat. 

Only one continued, grabbing her tightly. "What ya gonna do now? Call yer boyfriend to save you?"

Kitty only laughed, regulars tried to hide their grins. "Logan, do I need anyone to save me?"

Seeing Logan, "He don't scare me."

Not even looking up from his beer, "It ain't me you should be scared of, bub."

With that, kitty twists her body while grabbing the man's thumb, twisting around forcing his face into a table. "You're going to apologize to me, pay for my beers and be on your way." Applying pressure with only one hand, making him grimace. "OK?" He nods. She releases him, he thinks of making something of it but the bouncers have arrives. The man apologized half-heartedly paid up his tab and left. Kitty goes over and sits with Logan and orders another beer.

"Where you learn that one?"

Kitty grins, takes a sip of her beer. "You, of course."

At that point, Kitty’s phone buzzes: text message. 

Kitty,

Passover is in two weeks. Can you send out Seder invites? Baxter building is fine again, we got the space. I’m makin’ a grocery list as well. Anything you need me to pick up, aside from the usual? HE WAS OUT BY A MILE, YOU BUM! Sorry, speech to text.
Ben

Vision stood next to the communications console listening to emergency chatter from NYPD: an officer calling in a traffic accident at 53th and 5th, "That is near the Museum of Modern Art. Traffic will be tedious in the area." Another 911 call of a stalker in Central Park over by 85, "Adjacent to the Onassis Reservoir no doubt. The third such call this week." Another police report of a stolen vehicle near Lexington and 31st, "Not very far from the Marvel Comics offices. I hope Mr. Cebulski is not troubled."

Pacing a few steps, Vision's thoughts turned to Cassandra Lang. He sighed and wondered, "Do I truly love Cassie or are these emotions a residual effect of Iron Lad's presence? It is quite difficult to process the relationship given such unusual factors. Am I thinking of her now because I 'miss her'?" Sitting down at the console, Vision began a web-search for 'emotions' and finding a site dedicated to 'Emotional Intelligence' he began reading ...

Sheet

Jonas.png.bcc2a37a9ffecfb81309b38fc24089fc.png

Vision (Jonas) 
Solo: D6    Buddy: D8    Team: D10

Distictions: Future Tech Hero. Not your father's Vision. Synthezoid (1d8 Or 1d4 +1 Plot Point) 

Powerset: Artifical form
Cybernetic sense D8   Enhanced Strength D8  Intangibility D8   Solar Blast: D8
Enhanced Duribility: D8  Flight: d6   Shapeshifting: D8  Superguman Stamina: D10

SFX: Computerized Intelligence: When creating intelligent based asset's. add D6 To Dice pool and increase Effect dice by 1 step
SFX: Disruption: When you include Intangibility to an attack action, add D6 to the dice pool and increase effect dice by 1 step
Limit: Inexperienced with emotion: Step up emotional stress in situations when you attempt to use or understand Human emotion and gain +1 Plot point. 

Powerset: Hyper Density
Super human durability D10    Superhuman strength D10

SFX: Diamond hard body; Step up or double any Hyper density power for one action. If the action fails add a doom dice to the doom pool equal to the normal rating of the power dice. 
SFX: Mutually exclusive: Shut down intangibility and flight dice (From Artificial Form) To Activate Hyper density. Shut down Hyper density to re activate Intangibility and flight. 
Limit: Too Heavy: Change Hyper Density to a into a complication for +1 Plot point. Activate opportunity to remove said complication to recover Hyper Density

Specialty:  Combat Expert: D8, Science Expert: D8, Tech Expert D8

Milestones
AVENGING MENTOR
1XP: When you give advice to a team member
3XP: When you create an asset for a teammate to use in combat    
10 XP: When you either rename a team, Renouncing the legacy of the Avengers or leave your team to join the Avengers

Synthetic Love
1XP: When you discuss your feelings with a teammate
3XP: when you help a teammate recover stress successfully during a transition scene
10XP: When you either declare love for a teammate or or break up romance, unable to put your faith in in human emotion

image.jpeg.62b39503761ca1d922e7d18a11b635e0.jpeg

The Amazing Spider-man, really rather bored after swatting down a couple punks mugging an old lady.  Really.  No respect for the elderly at all.  Peter really hated when people like them preyed upon those who really had no chance of defending themselves again them.  Which was why they probably did it.  Easy pickings.  But to Peter, it just showed how incredibly weak and pathetic they were.

But thankfully, this particular night was rather dull.  No Rhinos charging down Market Street, no Octopi smashing into banks for funds to ... uh... fund his experiments, no Goblins terrorizing neighborhoods.  It was dull but Peter had to remind himself that it was good.  Peter figured he's 'buzz' Avengers Tower (but not go in... he remembered what happened last time he forgot his Avengers pass and was looking for something to do.  Yikes!)

Peter was just about to swing home.  There were dirty dishes in the sink that he could (should) be doing, when...

spacer.png

"Logan" The Wolverine

The saloon was rank with the stench of sweat and liquor. The upholstery reeked of booze and the wooden stools were sure to rot one day. Logan kept to the shadows, watching nobody in particular, listening to everything, waiting.

He saw a drunken cowboy sidle up to Kitty. His words were clumsy, and swallowed by the noise anyway, but his wandering hands spoke clearly enough. In a flash, Kitty had the fool's arm twisted. He howled and went red as she bent him double over a table. The amassed patrons nearby froze, jaws going slack.

Logan's claws itched in his knuckles. Then, Kitty spoke. The man's ruddy face blanched at her command. He nodded his head frantically, having learned his lesson, and she released him. The man threw a fistful of tattered bills to the bar, grumbling to himself, not meeting Logan's glare. The group of patrons dragged the cowboy and themselves away.

"All settled, then..." Logan said lightly as Kitty rejoined his booth.

The steel in her eyes betrayed her casual tone. If there was one thing Logan knew for certain, it was the look of someone who had faced the killing edge—and stepped back just in time. The idea of someone so bright coming to harm in such a dingy dive, from the likes that populated it on a night like this, left a bitter taste in his mouth.

He knew what she might say if he said anything at all, that should could handle herself. He knew it was true. Kitty was not one to give up or hesitate, even when he had warned her long ago that a fight in the danger room was nothing like a fight in the streets. He grunted, the closest he'd get to commenting on the commotion a moment ago.

Logan shrugged, a look of wariness creeping onto his face as he scanned the room. There was a chill that briefly ran down his spine. He had learned many hard lessons from bar brawls igniting from a tiny spark.

"Places like this, folks get stupid quick." He slanted a glance at Kitty, his way of saying he wished this was a place with drunks still half-sober.

It was no matter, Kitty had a knack for going where she pleased. Anyone would be a fool to try and get in her way, like the crestfallen cowboy with a hand half as hurt as his pride. It wasn't her Logan needed to be watching over, anyway.

Edited by Choomie (see edit history)

bcprofile.jpg.2892d8806bd71325c9a3e144619d761d.jpg

'You still got it.' Felicia thought to herself, sitting on the edge of the building as she turned the sapphire in her hand to better catch the lights from the street below. The museum and the authorities would no doubt be wondering how she had practically walked in and taken the Star of Madripoor without a single alarm. "You'll look so much nicer in my collection then in that musty, old museum." She remarked as she shoved the gem back into the bag with the rest of her loot. Most of it would be sold off in a few weeks but the sapphire was a definite exception.

Climbing to her feet, she looked over the city again. The night was mostly quiet, a rare thing for New York, usually someone was planning to blow up the city or at least looking to start a super-powered fist fight. Given how routine the heist had been, she began to wonder if maybe she should have tripped one of the alarms or let the guards see her leaving just for some excitement. She shrugged those thoughts away, "Looks like my night ends with dinner and some reruns of The Saint instead of a rooftop chase." She checked that her grapple and line were ready to go and inched closer to the edge of the building, taking a deep breath of the night air. 'Always love this part.' She thought, preparing to once again swing through the night sky.

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret]

Helicopters were deafening, and the wind they whipped up buffeted his senses even from this distance. The sea spray and the many different salts, manufacturing chemicals, grades of water, the sound of the waves, and the echo of moving parts within the facility. The buzz of electricity. The placement of the wires. Individual footsteps, shifts in weight, the heat of the sun. The scent of concrete and steel, even. Things so ordinary they went to most people's subconscious, on account of being background sensation. Daredevil needed to force the noise down. He had a lot of practice.

"Bob Reynolds," Matthew Murdock adjusts his sunglasses for comfort. Blind as he was, the deep red lenses served multiple duties, chief among them protecting what remained of his lenses from radiation. They gave the illusion he was making eye contact with his law partner, running his fingers over the pages he was able to collect in the mean time. He has a sneaking suspicion this individual will be particularly important in the future.

Normally, a wife murderer got no sympathy. Even the accusation of abuse within intimacy was enough to end most men's careers.  Still, no sympathy was required to defend someone. Sometimes defense cases were about clarifying the details of a crime, and determining what the sentence would be, rather than proving a crime was committed. Besides, self-reporting, while not remotely an excuse for murder, showed that whatever he had done, this Reynolds didn't think himself above the law. No one was above suspicion. Not even one of the best lawyers in New York could talk his way out of being a vigilante.

'Superheroes', and to what degree their activities could or should be regulated, was a volatile topic at the best of times. Even the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was dragged through the dirt regularly by the Daily Bugle, one of the rags in a city the arachnid had saved multiple times. The vital heroism striking out towards callous criminals was just as easily portrayed as a violent power fantasy. It was a world full of contradictions, putting on the horned hood. And yet, there was so much to be done. So much that wouldn't be possible without Daredevil. 

These two lines of thought had intertwined long before the helicopter came to the island, finally meeting in one question: How did a superhero go without notice for so long, only to re-emerge a murderer? In a world firmly fixated with masked do-gooders and insane megalomaniacs, how did this man, a man who was recorded by his real legal name and not his 'super identity', have no obvious history but deserve to be locked up in the Raft? 

Create Resource
Daredevil is spending his 1PP to create a Crime Resource (Background Check) on Bob Reynolds. Since Daredevil has Crime Master, this Resource is a D8.

"If he's confessing to the crime in question, he could get anyone. Why us?" he asked Foggy. "Got any ideas? I guess he thought we might be more likely to take the defense than Walters." He paused. "Or maybe he just thought we were the only ones beside her to be willing to show up here at all."

Edited by DarkisNotEvil
Thank you perfectionism very cool (see edit history)

Daredevil

Foggy (in response to your Crime resource) Pulls out paperwork from the suitcase and sais "I don't know Matt but I did get the extended background check you asked for. Married to one Linda Reynolds for 5 years. Suburban home. No details of any pre violence. If there was such a thing as murder there is no legal files or paperwork, not even a 911 call. Now this is the ace kicker Matt. The woman is Alive and there is proof of bills paid and well pictures on the internet" As he puts his stuff back.  

Logan & Kitty 

A man you both see walking in witch you recognized as Geroge Riko wearing Shaggy style blue jeans, cowboy boots & Hat. Shirtless to show physique and abs off, slick hair and glasses that give the Billy from power rangers as a jock vibe as he dose the Texas two step to kitty. Smart enough to know logan + drinking is a bad conversationalist. "Look I hate to ruin your evening but ugh I think something big at the raft might happen. You know the place. Holding Blob, toad, Avalance, Pyro, Silver samurai. Dare I even say Sabertooth. I doubt you want them plus 74 super power villians running a rampage in New York right?" George said to kitty. Logan with his hearing despite how many drinks he has consumed, he can hear the conversation.

Then this Happens
ALL OF NEW YORK FOR 1 MINUTE WAS SHUT DOWN WITH NO POWER TO SEE THE BLUE BEAM OF ENERGY!

Vision

While contemplating on your feelings for Cassie an alarm rings like it was a hostile takeover at the base going off. You Scanners show a gaping hole at the RAFT that is big enough to have possibly sink the base of struture itself as you get the emergency signal requiring all hands on deck!  

Spider-man

Just as you thought it was Safe to go Home. The Kaboom Made your spider sense go haywire and the flash of blue light out the side of the Bridge catches your eye and you realize exactly where that came from and all you can think of that this just became a crappy night   

Thing

The Baseball game was getting good despite enough calls that even Johnny would agree that this game could be rigged cause of it being play offs. The Baxter Building loses power comepletey! Though before emergency power activates you know the direction of that beam of blue light came from and you know what is over there. If your thinking what your thinking. ITS CLOBBERING TIME! 

Black Cat

Your luck just got better and then worse simultaneously as you can see Spider-man swinging over your head 40 feet from your rooftop as you can see him sticking to the walls as the KABOOM! Happens. You can see why he didn't notice you. The big boom over at the Raft happens. If you think what your thinking, this could be a jail break and as much as a pro thief you are spending your time considering going to jail to stop perhaps some of the idiots villains and competition being let out while your on the prowl not a good thing. Plus who knows you might even squeeze a favor or two out of this whole thing

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)

The Thing looked at his phone and muttered to himself. I ate all the latkes? I outweigh that pipsqueak five to one. I -should- get more latkes. Being a Thing takes a lot of energy…

“What was that?” He asked as he saw the beam of light. He quickly got up, causing the remaining popcorn to cascade across the floor. 

“Attacking during a Yankees game? Who does that? That’s just uncivilized.” He set his custom baseball hat on the couch, and ran to the hangar. Here’s hopin’ this is a false alarm. Maybe it’ll be some hot shot kid with a laser beam? Maybe Reed’ll give him a scholarship?

He stepped into the old ‘Flying Bathtub’ and spun up the controls. Still looked silly, but it would get him to where that beam came down…he hoped it wasn’t where he thought it was…Better not be some disgruntled Pirates fan, trying to get out of losin…

spacer.png

Vision had nearly completed the extensive article when the base's power went down! As the back-up generator activated, lighting and panels flickered to life accompanied by the priority alarm system! His hands flowing rapidly over the console Vision identified the cameras monitoring the Raft - and the terrible damage to the facility! Triggering the emergency alert for his off-duty teammates - "There's been an explosion at the Raft complex. I will investigate." Vision immediately became intangible then steaked upwards through the ceiling and out into the night sky! 

Vision.png.a8188437df76b732513e32a6bc4e0fa0.png

spacer.png

"Logan" The Wolverine

Logan sat motionless as Riko delivered the news, his beer forgotten in his hand. His nostrils flared.

The Raft. A whole for monsters.

His mind raced through the roster of prisoners in the Raft—the worst of the worst, the criminals that even other criminals feared. If they broke free...

Riko didn't know the full danger of what was going to happen. Not like Logan knew the danger. Not like the edges of memories that made his knuckles go white on the weizen glass. He felt a familiar rage simmering inside, a berserker fury that wanted out. However dark his thoughts went, he had to hold it together. For Kitty. For the students back at the School trying to find their way. That was the only way forward—not giving in to the animal, but rising above.

Logan took a slow breath. However bad this was—and if Riko was right, it would be as bad as it got—he couldn't go in claws-first. If there was one thing that would only lead to a bloodbath, that was it.

"I have to go," he said to Kitty, his voice tight. He ambled out of the booth, coat in tow.

He downed the last of his beer like medicine. He trusted his friend would come along. Then, he headed towards the exit, out into the city facing the Raft, out into the night. Into the night and the territory of the monsters, the dark that he knew better than most.

Outside, Logan began his long, tactical ramble while he put his coat on. The motorcycle wasn't too far.

"No bridges to the Raft," he began. "Our best shot is to commandeer a boat down at the east river dock.Surprise is what's gonna win this, if we can get to that island without them knowing we're coming. The Raft'll be chaos if these freaks are loose. Let's get the lay of the land without topping out hand, see who we're dealing with. Some of these psychopaths could still be in their cells. The dangerous ones will make a break for it, though...portal out or try to steal a ferry. We can cut 'em off before they escape into the city. Hit hard and fast and they won't know what hit 'em. Round 'em up and deal with sorting 'em out later. You watch my back, I'll watch yours. I'm sure we'll be targets if we're spotted, but we've got the advantage: we're ready for 'em. Let's move."

Wolverine is spending 1 PP to create a Vehicle Resource [Commandeered Vessel] to acquire a boat down at the dock, in order to get access to the Raft. This resource is D8 due to Wolverine's Vehicle Expert specialty. He's hoping to get a launch or motorboat of some kind.

Edited by Choomie (see edit history)

image.jpeg.2960bbb45bc121a08457aabc01c208ca.jpegl

The first thought through the Web-slinger's mind was *Electro.* when the flash happened and he tried to mentally file through his stock of the catalog of villains he had and where each of them, especially Electro, were supposed to be.  He shoots a web-line and begins swinging with great haste toward the Raft.

When he gets to the docks, he sees The Wolverine on a boat.  It seemed obvious to the wall crawler that the grumpy mutant was 'commandeering' the vessel to try to get to the prison for super powered villains.  He perched himself on the side of the closest building (well out of the reach of those very dangerous claws) and called out, "Wolverine!" and once getting the X-Man's attention, says, "Spiders are not really swimmers." He grinned at the mutant, but of course, it was a pointless gesture underneath his full mask.

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret]

"Thanks for that," he nods as Nelson provides the file. While he was doing that, Murdock was making calls. It was easier for Foggy to collect certain kinds of evidence, while Murdock was better with others. "I've got the compel production motionThis pretrial motion would be a 'motion to compel production of evidence', that is, asking the prosecution to provide evidence they have in favor of the accused's guilt.
https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/criminal/criminal-law-basics/getting-ready-for-a-criminal-trial-pretrial-motions.html
I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.
almost ready, and that'll give it some bite." After all, how could you charge someone for murder, rather than attempted, when the 'victim' was alive and well? Did they just take his word at it? Did Robert actually believe he had killed his wife? Did Linda even know any of this was going on? How could she not know? He needed to talk to Reynolds more than ever, and not just about the difference between murder and manslaughter.

Sizzling electricity and the feeling of local ionization would have caused him to instinctively turn towards the effect that caused it. Electricity had some interesting effects on the nervous system Daredevil was especially vulnerable to, but even with that in play he had to calm down and think. What was actually happening? Who was responsible? Was this a distraction?

Read on the Situation: Create Asset

Affiliation: Buddy D8 [2]
Distinction: Man Without Fear D8 [3]
Power Set - Hypersenses: Superhuman Senses D10 [6]
Specialty: Covert Expert 2D6 [1,1] (2 Opportunities)

Pool: 2D6+2D8+1D10
Total: 9 (Man Without Fear 3 + Senses 6)
Effect: D8 (Buddy D8)
Opportunities: 2 (Covert Expert 1,1)

"Foggy, you might want to hold on to that file," he says. "And they might want to invest in backup generators."

Edited by DarkisNotEvil (see edit history)
Name
Buddy
1d8 2
Man Without Fear
1d8 3
Hypersenses
1d10 6
Covert Expert
2d6 1,1