Closed Game  ·  7 members  ·  Game Expectations

Reign of Winter

The Snows of Summer

Inash

image.jpeg.8f5a72ecb6a0dce098db729e8a84b5dd.jpeg

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Female CG Gnome Rogue (unchained) (counterfeit mage), Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/9, Speed 20
AC: 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 1, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 1   
MC Rapier: +6 (1d4, 18-20/x2)
cold iron, silvered dagger +5 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)
MC Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12
Condition: Fatigued 

"This one is still alive as well," Rasan called out, as she didn't have the tools nor the skill to actually do something, "Someone come to help her survive or should I give mercy?"

OOC

search the bodies and get their clothes and everything else that can be uses to stay warm.

spacer.png Keanu Laeva

spacer.png

As the battle wound down with a successful counter-ambush under their belts, Keanu took a quick look around the battlefield to assess the aftermath.

He was grateful to have such competent associates, who managed not only to coordinate and execute this tactic seamlessly, but also swiftly dealt with the possibility of escape, for who knew what the consequences would've been otherwise. Were there others of their ilk laying in wait?

At Rasan's call, the half elf sighed and split his attention from the overall picture of their situation, focusing in as he approached her and her charge. He trusted each and every one of his companions to handle each their part diligently, Kaine with tying up and interrogating the pretty boy 'Pepe', and Dannok dealing with the would-be runner that he had cut down and with guarding the perimeter in the interim.

Stepping close to the gnome, he couldn't help but quietly repeat he words he heard out of the woman's lips before she fell, mocking her under his breath as he chuckled to Rasan, "Pepe no, you're too pretty to die!"

Still laughing a little inside, he kneels down to try to stabilize the woman's wounds, "You might want to tie her up while I do this, in case she gets smart or something."

spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2764706][color="LightSlateGray"]Keanu Laeva[/color][/url][/b] [i]Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +4; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +10 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4) [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal [b]Fort[/b] +3, [b]Ref[/b] +6, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2) Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 14, [b]Dex[/b] 18, [b]Con[/b] 12, [b]Int[/b] 10, [b]Wis[/b] 13, [b]Cha[/b] 10 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +3; [b]CMD[/b] 17 [b]Traits[/b] Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached [b]Feats[/b] Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows) [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Elven [b]SQ[/b] Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1 [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] Fatigued
Keanu Laeva
Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG
Init +4; Senses Perception +10
Defense
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4)
HP 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2)
Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2)
Ranged Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3)
Special Attacks None
Statistics
Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Traits Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached
Feats Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows)
Skills Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5
Languages Common, Elven
SQ Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1
Conditions Fatigued

spacer.png Actions

Perception

Heal

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d20+10 8
Heal
1d20+5 12

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Female CG Gnome Rogue (unchained) (counterfeit mage), Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/9, Speed 20
AC: 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 1, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

"Sure, I can do that," Rasan said, taking her rope to tie the bandit woman so she could move, or if she could, only slowly. Then she moved on with getting the stuff from the third one, appropriating his jacket or something for herself in order to get a bit more warm. It would be too big probably, but over her clothes it would be another layer to ward off the cold.

OOC

search the bodies and get their clothes and everything else that can be uses to stay warm.

• 2 weeks later...

The prisoners are secured. As a local and an outdoorsman, Keanu knows that the High Sentinel Lodge is about 2 miles away along the trail you all are following. It is just the other side of a high ridge that the path is just beginning to climb.

Kainenormstart-Token.png.7dac6e70372449e43249e73217cb3af6.png

Kaine asks Dannock to help carry the captives off the trail to a more secluded area where the group can start a fire and warm up a bit. Once there they can arrange the captives back to back, so they can know the other is there and alive but not communicate nonverbally. Assuming someone other than him can start a campfire, can will fill his pot with snow and put it close enough to the fire to start melting. Once everything is set he'll start with the man. Kaine will wake the man with a small splash of the water.

Speaking in Common, "If you yell or attempt to free yourself, both your life and the woman will be forfeit. I won't kill you as I don't need to." Motioning to the rest of the group "There is a line forming to handle that task, but we have an opportunity here. You and the woman, who seems to care at least somewhat about you, are my opportunity to learn about your comrades, their hideout, and the fey. Your opportunity is to survive this day by telling me what I need to know."

Kaine removes his flask, drinks a swig, and offers to pour a slug into the mouth of the formally pretty man. Trying to maintain an even tone, "Answer my questions, and if we are satisfied you are being truthful, we will leave the two of you watered, fed, wrapped in a winter blanket, and bound in a hole you can't get out of. The better your answers the better the chance we survive to remove you from the hole before you freeze. If we die so shall you. Do we have an arrangement?" Kaine finishes.

Actions

deplomancy and sense motive checks.

OOC

please use the questions I put in discord or if you like I can PR it out if they agree to work with us.

Stat Block

Kaine the Imbiber, male CG Human Paladin (Virtuous Bravo,) 

Level 1, Init 5, HP 11/11, Speed  
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Rapier (--)  +4 (1d6+3, 18-20)
hand axe  +3 (1d6, 20 x3)
Lamellar (leather) armor,   Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Condition None 

Name
diplomacy
1d20+7 4
sense motive
1d20+4 16

AMWts8BDLdfeY7bGLk5_iHbAVT93X_4oJYd3my9r1_HyDz5w70u0Fg-6fu8e3fFUz1F1_-Srn20rxdtMad6PF-6cgS56WOVMlcVp7ESWv_jJlubGq5KcH833QWW7H9YiITglXKvZGVWQ-yXgqHfNK3T8_SjT=w256-h256-s-no?authuser=0 Keanu Laeva

spacer.png

The half-elf did not have truly much to contribute in the ways of persuading people, Keanu left the others to do the talking while he set up camp.

His one sole purpose was to protect his sisters, and more frequently than not, that task is well enough achieved from working in solitude, simply taking out anything in their way or that threatens them in the slightest. Information was easily gleaned by observing the dead or the living.

But this…

As he crossed Dannok in passing, the half-elf nudged him and suggestively gestured with a tilt of his head toward where Kaine is interrogating their captives, then continued along his way to forage food and such for the evening.

spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2764706][color="LightSlateGray"]Keanu Laeva[/color][/url][/b] [i]Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +4; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +10 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4) [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal [b]Fort[/b] +3, [b]Ref[/b] +6, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2) Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 14, [b]Dex[/b] 18, [b]Con[/b] 12, [b]Int[/b] 10, [b]Wis[/b] 13, [b]Cha[/b] 10 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +3; [b]CMD[/b] 17 [b]Traits[/b] Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached [b]Feats[/b] Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows) [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Elven [b]SQ[/b] Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1 [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] Fatigued
Keanu Laeva
Defense
HP 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks None
Statistics
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Traits Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached
Skills Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5
Languages Common, Elven
Conditions Fatigued

spacer.png Actions

Survival

Name
Survival
1d20+5 8

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

After taking whatever she could get, Rasan also moved towards the prisoners. She nodded to Kaine as to agree with his idea.

"Look, we don't really care about you, we only want to know where you took the noblewoman that you abducted and how many of you there are still guarding her. And indeed, what your deal is with those winter fey."

OOC

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

After taking whatever she could get, Rasan also moved towards the prisoners. She nodded to Kaine as to agree with his idea.

"Look, we don't really care about you, we only want to know where you took the noblewoman that you abducted and how many of you there are still guarding her. And indeed, what your deal is with those winter fey."

OOC

Name
diplomacy
1d20+5 12

"You'd leave us to die?? Well.... the bandit life isn't all that great anyway. You gotta watch out for traps when you get close to the lodge. Rohkar took over the lodge. I think we got all the sentinals. The lady is there. We was gunna ransom her. There were 11 others counting Rohkar and Ten-Penny. Ten-penny's the cook and probably doesn't want to fight. A few of the guys were sick too. Not sure what the current count is. Rohkar's got a couple of pet skeletons too. And there are a couple of fey hanging around. Nasty buggers. Just glad that troll isn't around right now.

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
sense motive
1d20-1 6

Kainenormstart-Token.png.7dac6e70372449e43249e73217cb3af6.pngAs the Bandit speaks, Kaine considers his words, he gets the impression that they are true. The mention of a troll was more than a little alarming. "A troll?" Kaine asks. "I have no intention to leave you two here to die, truly. But consider that we are going to be pressing ahead to rescue the Lady. Likely a rather dangerous plan of action. Should we fail and become captured ourselves, or worse? Then we will not be in any position to come get you out of this cold hole. After all, you two had every intention of killing us a few moments ago, I think my comrades are restraining themselves most impressively. Now Please elaborate on this troll."

Actions

OOC

Stat Block

AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None 

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

Rasan was a bit surprised at the amount of bandits. Normally there were not that many around here and certainly not large groups like this.

"That's quite a lot, 11 bandits, some skellies and the fey," she said to the others, "we'll have to plan things and try to get them piecemeal. Hey, I know what we can do. We bind these two, gag 'em so they can't warn the others and have them with us. They walk in front and every trap or ambush they haven't warned us about, they trigger it."

OOC

AMWts8BDLdfeY7bGLk5_iHbAVT93X_4oJYd3my9r1_HyDz5w70u0Fg-6fu8e3fFUz1F1_-Srn20rxdtMad6PF-6cgS56WOVMlcVp7ESWv_jJlubGq5KcH833QWW7H9YiITglXKvZGVWQ-yXgqHfNK3T8_SjT=w256-h256-s-no?authuser=0 Keanu Laeva

spacer.png

When pretty boy Pepe mentioned that his group of bandits had taken over the High Sentinel Lodge, Keanu suddenly turned, stared harshly at the bound man for a moment, then marched up, weaving between him and Kaine to deliver a blow with his fist.

For some moments the half-elf stood there, fist reeled back and the captive in his grip, just staring. When he finally let go he explained to Kaine that he had a friend who had joined up with the lodge, that for what it's worth, they were the region's only organized militia of rangers against Qadiran invasion and local scum like this.

spacer.png Statistics Block

Keanu Laeva
Defense
HP 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks None
Statistics
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Languages Common, Elven
Conditions Fatigued

spacer.png Actions

spacer.png

"Irrisen." Keanu finished pretty boy's sentence after he had lost consciousness again.

Heaving a long sigh, the half-elf looked towards his sisters, his stern gaze communicating a cautious tone, "Nothing good ever comes out of that place."

After a moment's contemplation, Keanu began pacing the floor, his mind racing a hundred miles an hour, "On the one hand, we did make a promise to help determine Lady Argentea's fate. That said, we now know where she is and who has her captive. We would've done our duty if we simply hand this matter back over to councilwoman Teppen, and she could call in the cavalry from wherever she likes."

"On the other hand, these degenerates and their lot murdered the high sentinels, someone I know was among their ranks. I owe it to Aurora to cleanse their lodge of the foul stench." He continued to reason, voicing his inner arguments on both sides.

"As much as I hate to keep putting Riina and Willow in danger, I admit we are closer to the lodge than to Heldren." Keanu concluded, leaving his final decision non-committal.

spacer.png Statistics Block

Keanu Laeva
Defense
HP 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks None
Statistics
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Languages Common, Elven
Conditions Fatigued

spacer.png Actions

Kainenormstart-Token.png.7dac6e70372449e43249e73217cb3af6.pngKaine does not flench at Keanu's punch, it was not just expected but more than justified. "Keanu, Look I am no arbiter or justice, nor have any sort of authority to make demands of anyone, These bandits killed your friend and have become a threat to our home. That is enough for me to put them down, so I am with you in seeing that through."

"Irrisen being involved is unexpected but I guess it makes sense. But one problem at a time, The bandits and Lady Argentea comes first. If anyone wants to reconsider their involvement with what happens after that we can deal with it back at Heldren."

Actions

OOC

Stat Block

Condition None