Closed Game  ·  7 members  ·  Game Expectations

Reign of Winter

The Snows of Summer

Inash

image.jpeg.8f5a72ecb6a0dce098db729e8a84b5dd.jpeg

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Female CG Gnome Rogue (unchained) (counterfeit mage), Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/9, Speed 20
AC: 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 1, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 1   
MC Rapier: +6 (1d4, 18-20/x2)
cold iron, silvered dagger +5 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)
MC Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12
Condition: Fatigued 

Rasan was surprised at the hit from Keanu. She thought the half-elf was quite steady

"Dude," she said to him, "just while he was talking. And now we'll have to lug him with us. I can understand about your friend, but can you save it for when we meet his friends."

OOC

As Keanu paces and mutters, making plans to defend his family, his sisters look over at each other and share a moment of silent communication. Riina nods and Willow steps forward and smacks Keanu on the back of his head. "Brother. You don't get to decide this on your own, and neither Riina or I can stomach leaving the village to the tender mercies of whatever or whoever is behind this. Even if it is Irrisen. We are going forward with or without you, you big lummox." Riina nods emphatically.

spacer.png Keanu Laeva

spacer.png

Keanu stopped in his tracks, standing there dumbfounded for a few moments as Willow began to chastise his decision making. This kind of thing didn't happen often between the siblings, and his reaction made it all the more obvious.

From incredulity he immediately transitioned right into a thinly veiled, barely restrained stance of defiance, his facial expression aggressive, a locked jaw partly open behind closed lips ready to rebut his sister's train of thought.

Except, she was right… Which, didn't make it any easier for him whatsoever.

"Look Willow, I get it." Were the first words out of his lips. Well that didn't come out strong at all…

"If it wasn't for you two tagging along, don't you think I'd already be doing some bloodletting?" Oh great. Encourage them some more why don'tcha…

Too late now. Time for damage control.

"Look. I obviously can't tell you what you can and can't do." He cast his sisters a stern gaze as he drew his proverbial line in the sand. "Just don't forget that I promised mom I would protect you two with my life. If it gets dicey for you, I'm pulling you out, if I have to do it with you kicking and screaming."

spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2764706][color="LightSlateGray"]Keanu Laeva[/color][/url][/b] [i]Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +4; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +10 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4) [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal [b]Fort[/b] +3, [b]Ref[/b] +6, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2) Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 14, [b]Dex[/b] 18, [b]Con[/b] 12, [b]Int[/b] 10, [b]Wis[/b] 13, [b]Cha[/b] 10 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +3; [b]CMD[/b] 17 [b]Traits[/b] Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached [b]Feats[/b] Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows) [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Elven [b]SQ[/b] Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1 [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] Fatigued
Keanu Laeva
Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG
Init +4; Senses Perception +10
Defense
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4)
HP 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2)
Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2)
Ranged Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3)
Special Attacks None
Statistics
Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Traits Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached
Feats Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows)
Skills Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5
Languages Common, Elven
SQ Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1
Conditions Fatigued

spacer.png Actions

Knowledge (local)

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Knowledge (local)
1d20+1 1

Kainenormstart-Token.png.7dac6e70372449e43249e73217cb3af6.png

Kaine looks over to Rasan and makes a face. No not getting involved with this debate. Only certainly there is both sides will be alienated against him for not minding his own business. It's a far better notion to work on other problems. Kaine gags and drags off the bandit and puts him in the hole with his admirer. He then covers both of them with his winter blanket and then some small evergreen trimmings to hide them there somewhat. Once done he'll return to the fire with his backpack. He refills his flask and offers it to Rasan and Dannock.

Actions

OOC

Stat Block

Kaine the Imbiber, male CG Human Paladin (Virtuous Bravo,) 

Level 1, Init 5, HP 11/11, Speed  
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Rapier (--)  +4 (1d6+3, 18-20)
hand axe  +3 (1d6, 20 x3)
Lamellar (leather) armor,   Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Condition None 

Edited by Shadowstarr (see edit history)
Name
survival roll attempt
1d20 18

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Female CG Gnome Rogue (unchained) (counterfeit mage), Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/9, Speed 20
AC: 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 1, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

Rasan may be impulsive as quite a few gnomes, but she wasn't stupid. Or at least not that stupid. She wouldn't come between Keanu and his sisters. But they had to move on quickly, even though the fire was quite nice and she wanted to stay to get really warm again, she knew they had to move further.

"We have to move on," she said to Kaine, "if we can reach this lodge before nightfall, we can rest up there in the warmth. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to leave those two here. They will most likely freeze to death and if not, the wolves or other critters might get them as they can't defend themselves. Yes, they tried to attack us, but leaving them here to be eaten alive isn't something I can do. I think it's best to take them with us, bound and hobbled and gagged. That way they can trip traps and the like they didn't tell us about."

OOC

Willow rolls her eyes at her over-protective brother and shakes her head. As usual, he's missed the point, but she's long since used to that. She and Riina will just work around him, as usual. With a sigh, she turns and looks over the group, finally taking in Keanu and Rasan's condition. "Well carp. You two are not in good shape. Let's get you sorted before we do anything else. You won't survive a fight or make it back to town at this rate." She bustles off getting Dannok to set his pot over the fire and make a hearty stew out of some of the groups rations and Keanu's gathering. She directs the others to get under as many blankets and/or bedrolls as possible and get close together while removing as many layers as they feel comfortable doing.

The stew Dannok ends up making is surprisingly good, as well as warm and filling. Within a couple hours, between the hot food and the shared body heat, Keanu and Rasan recover.

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
heal check
1d20+10 8
Dannok cooking check w/survival
1d20+5 20

spacer.png Keanu Laeva

spacer.png

His body shivering, his mind beginning to grow dull, Keanu was not about to provoke his sister any more than he already did. So he simply let her pander to his pathetic state, sitting in the bunch of blankets as she did whatever she had to do to help.

After enduring her much-needed- and appreciated- affections, as he consumed the last bites of stew he turned to the others, "Chances are we can still make it the rest of the way to the lodge. If we can get there before nightfall, we can take advantage of the dusk and scout out the perimeter."

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2764706][color="LightSlateGray"]Keanu Laeva[/color][/url][/b] [i]Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +4; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +10 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4) [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal [b]Fort[/b] +3, [b]Ref[/b] +6, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2) Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 14, [b]Dex[/b] 18, [b]Con[/b] 12, [b]Int[/b] 10, [b]Wis[/b] 13, [b]Cha[/b] 10 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +3; [b]CMD[/b] 17 [b]Traits[/b] Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached [b]Feats[/b] Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows) [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Elven [b]SQ[/b] Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1 [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] None
Keanu Laeva
Defense
HP 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks None
Statistics
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Traits Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached
Skills Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5
Languages Common, Elven
Conditions None

spacer.png Actions

Knowledge (local)(1d20+1 1 2)

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

After some hours by the fire, wrapped in a blanket, Rasan started to feel better. And the stew was very good, which she told Dannok

"Not a bad idea," she said, "we could attack just before dawn when most people are at their worst. We will have to stay away far enough though if we want to have a fire, otherwise they will detect us. I would move on and if we find a good spot, hole up until the next day."

OOC

"You guys did amazing with that ambush so however you want to deal with the lodge I am with you." Kaine says to Kaenu and Rasan.

Actions

OOC

Stat Block

AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None 

• 2 weeks later...
OOC

With a, lets go with DC 15, survival check the group could find a large enough snow bank to make a snow cave and stay warm enough to safely (though a bit damply) spend the night without hourly fortitude checks. I don't know if the game rules reflect that, but I've camped in one before.

Dannok grunts and adds "There's things we can do to stay warm without a fire. Especially if the snow is deep enough. I like the idea of hitting them at dawn."

Willow looks over at Riina and the two whisper for a moment before Willow adds. "Let's do it. Brother there doesn't like to let us go camping often. It should be fun."

Morrigan nods.

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

"So that's settled then," Rasan said, "we move up as close as we dare or can until it gets dark, then find camp. Either with a fire if we're far enough, or with other methods if needed. And I think we should take those two with us, hobbled of course. If nothing else they can be two warm bodies to use to stay warm at night. And one of them looks kinda cute."

OOC

I don't think Rasan will find a good spot or know what to do once we go there.

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
survival
1d20+6 1

With a plan to work with, Kaine checks the bindings of the two bandits and gets them ready to move out. He feels more than a little useless in the overcoming nature part of this job. He will certainly pay close attention to Rasan and Keanu to learn from them.

Actions

OOC

can't really help with the survival roll

Stat Block

Condition None 

AMWts8BDLdfeY7bGLk5_iHbAVT93X_4oJYd3my9r1_HyDz5w70u0Fg-6fu8e3fFUz1F1_-Srn20rxdtMad6PF-6cgS56WOVMlcVp7ESWv_jJlubGq5KcH833QWW7H9YiITglXKvZGVWQ-yXgqHfNK3T8_SjT=w256-h256-s-no?authuser=0 Keanu Laeva

spacer.png

Having been well tended to, his condition having been improved somewhat, Keanu continued on with the rest of his party, taking the lead once more to travel the rest of the way to the lodge.

Keeping his eyes open and his wits sharp, he half-elf would find a suitable resting place for the group close to the border patrol's fortalice.

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2764706][color="LightSlateGray"]Keanu Laeva[/color][/url][/b] [i]Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +4; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +10 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4) [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal [b]Fort[/b] +3, [b]Ref[/b] +6, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2) Cold Iron Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 14, [b]Dex[/b] 18, [b]Con[/b] 12, [b]Int[/b] 10, [b]Wis[/b] 13, [b]Cha[/b] 10 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +3; [b]CMD[/b] 17 [b]Traits[/b] Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached [b]Feats[/b] Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows) [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Elven [b]SQ[/b] Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1 [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] None
Keanu Laeva
Defense
HP 12 / 12; 5 Non-Lethal
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks None
Statistics
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Languages Common, Elven
Conditions None

spacer.png Actions

Survival

Name
Survival
1d20+5 4

The group, collectively fails at finding an appropriately deep snow bank. As Willow, Riina poke around, Morrigan flies over to Dannok and the two hold a brief discussion about weather, geography and drifting snow. With a nod Dannok turns back toward the others and says. "The flying lady and I think we should look again over there. Should be deeper drifts that direction."

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
Dannok survival check
1d20+5 4
Dannok survival check #2
1d20+5 16
morrigan know geography
1d20+5 13

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

"As long as we can get warm," Rasan said, "I don't really care where we're going."

She would follow the others, grumbling a bit more about the cold.

OOC