OOC

Zelphas

Glad you liked it! His next "plot beat", to go a bit meta, will be to hunt down a burner phone and get a number that's not quite so easily traced back to him.

Also, part of why this is slow going is figuring out what the right "plot assumptions" are. Given the city, Jake's pretty paranoid about things being traced back to his family. That means he's more likely to reach out to the other heroes (if can figure out how) than to the police, since who knows how the police can track things back to you. I don't know how to get around that.

Really, I should have had either some investigative skills or a more solid police contact to act as an intermediary. As it is, I've got Wreck-It Ralph blundering around trying to do the right thing. :-)

7 hours ago, pesukarhu said:

Glad you liked it! His next "plot beat", to go a bit meta, will be to hunt down a burner phone and get a number that's not quite so easily traced back to him.

Also, part of why this is slow going is figuring out what the right "plot assumptions" are. Given the city, Jake's pretty paranoid about things being traced back to his family. That means he's more likely to reach out to the other heroes (if can figure out how) than to the police, since who knows how the police can track things back to you. I don't know how to get around that.

Really, I should have had either some investigative skills or a more solid police contact to act as an intermediary. As it is, I've got Wreck-It Ralph blundering around trying to do the right thing. :-)

I didn't expect players to be paranoid but it actually makes perfect sense. Any real mistake can come back to bite them. But I'm trying to intro NPCs the heroes might be able to trust. What also is important is using your skills, perks and talents to learn what you can about the city.

To be fair, Thomas got blindsided by the death of the only person he had a close working connection to and who gaslit him into a complicated and emotionally abusive relationship for the majority of his time in Freedom City so his thought processes aren't at 100% towards The Main Plot. 🫣

7 hours ago, Jedaii said:

It seems anyway that you guys are leaning into the non-combat NPC interactions. I can dial that up another degree if you like. But the combat stuff will always be a step away 😉

I'm fine with more random conflict, to be honest. It's where Ironworks at least knows what he's doing.

Basically, he's at the point where he will try real hard to reach out to the other heroes. Or if he can manage some contact with someone in the police, such as Commissioner Kane, so much the better.

Basically, my preference would be to OOC get a burner phone (like a Streetwise roll for how well he does at getting something that's actually anonymous and some instructions on what not to do), then bump to another combat-like encounter where he can try to make contact with folks. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see him going to the union guys or the food pantry to find out what's up with all the guns. Maybe a OOC streetwise roll to pick up some rumor or something.

If the other PCs have better IC scenes to run with investigation, go for it, but I'd be happy to OOC that part.

I'm thinking that Paul might follow up on something Michael said about working in the day and leaving the night to others. Sounds like he may have used his ability to show up and disappear to scout out some of the others. Maybe he has a contact or at least a lead Paul can talk hom into sharing.

Not really sure how Seamus will 'attack' the non-combat / relationship stuff. Right now, he's got a priority to make 'fixes' to his suit... now this will be an ongoing thing with him, but it won't always be his highest priority. He will be happy to bring 'in' the 'others' into his Vendetta Project, which will give him more options and help eliminate variables. However, he'll probably act 'grumpy' about it, like Batman or something (As with his line at the beginning of the encounter that they were not a team). But recruiting an 'army' has always been a part of his plan. He just didn't figure on bringing in heroes so early and he figured any of his 'recruits' would be using his tech/gizmos, not their own 'natural' powers.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

@Jedaii Does Jake get anything interesting from his internet searches on Leoni Pisa, any official anonymous contact / tip-line / etc contact for the police department, or any idea if he really is in better legal standing if he just shows up to ongoing police actions and helps out, rather than going out looking for trouble himself?

During the day, he's going to go looking for a burner phone. He has streetwise, so he should know who to ask. (I'll try to post something IC later as well.)

14 hours ago, pesukarhu said:

@Jedaii Does Jake get anything interesting from his internet searches on Leoni Pisa, any official anonymous contact / tip-line / etc contact for the police department, or any idea if he really is in better legal standing if he just shows up to ongoing police actions and helps out, rather than going out looking for trouble himself?

During the day, he's going to go looking for a burner phone. He has streetwise, so he should know who to ask. (I'll try to post something IC later as well.)

Pisa's been featured in local news articles as a businessman with rumored connections to organized crime. He's been arrested a few times but never indicted. FCPD does have an anon tip line for people to report information. There's a lot of "anti-vigilante" material on the FCPD website and FCPD is offering a reward for anyone who can provide information on the city's newest vigilantes! Looks like Jake succeeded in getting a burner-phone 👍

12 hours ago, RedRajah said:

For tonight, Thomas is here to support Myra and get any info from Ma'at about Jordan's family/life.

I'm trying to wind a few arcs together into this next chapter of the campaign. Should have something up today (Wednesday).

• 2 weeks later...