OOC

Zelphas

Well, you know what happens when you hit a weekend after lots of stress and being exposed to hundreds of people while traveling? You often come down with something bizarre and end up being sick as a dog for a handful of days. Sorry about falling behind as a result, will work on catching up on everything today.

20 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Keep in mind the squares on the map do not represent a specific measurement. The map is just to give players a sense of positioning - mostly 😉

@Jedaii How do you want to handle things like movement and range penalties, then?

Really, I want to say something like "Ironworks moves up to get a clear shot at the gunman, then lets fly with another burst of metallic bindings." But does a half-move get me close enough to be 0 range penalty, or is it still -2? And can I get it in 5m (and round down to 0 END cost), or do I need to use the full 6m (and 1 END)? From a "game player" POV, I'm perfectly happy to trade 1 END for +2 OCV, if I need to.

I know, that's extremely fiddly, and, honestly, I don't care about the details, but Champions is Champions, and it tracks all of those things. I want to make your life easier here. Should I just post the high-level, and let you figure out the details? Should I make my best guess, based on a "fuzzy" map?

Maybe I'll continue making my best guess, but I want to be clear that I'm perfectly OK with you saying "actually, it's a bit farther than that, you're still at -2". I'm throwing in mechanics to take some of the burden off of you, not to insist that my interpretation is right.

7 hours ago, pesukarhu said:

@Jedaii How do you want to handle things like movement and range penalties, then?

Really, I want to say something like "Ironworks moves up to get a clear shot at the gunman, then lets fly with another burst of metallic bindings." But does a half-move get me close enough to be 0 range penalty, or is it still -2? And can I get it in 5m (and round down to 0 END cost), or do I need to use the full 6m (and 1 END)? From a "game player" POV, I'm perfectly happy to trade 1 END for +2 OCV, if I need to.

I know, that's extremely fiddly, and, honestly, I don't care about the details, but Champions is Champions, and it tracks all of those things. I want to make your life easier here. Should I just post the high-level, and let you figure out the details? Should I make my best guess, based on a "fuzzy" map?

Maybe I'll continue making my best guess, but I want to be clear that I'm perfectly OK with you saying "actually, it's a bit farther than that, you're still at -2". I'm throwing in mechanics to take some of the burden off of you, not to insist that my interpretation is right.

I stand corrected: every square in the warehouse is about 1.5 meters, so 3 meters per 2 squares. Champions IS that fiddly and I've actually been doing the math in my head to calculate what was what. Round-down the ".5" for range penalties. Did that answer everything?

8 hours ago, coreal said:

Well, you know what happens when you hit a weekend after lots of stress and being exposed to hundreds of people while traveling? You often come down with something bizarre and end up being sick as a dog for a handful of days. Sorry about falling behind as a result, will work on catching up on everything today.

You go to GenCon?

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

Wow. I'll be honest: I thought this might be something of a challenge for you guys. You're going through them like Pringles😂

Your turn again!

Preserver has one coming at him who isn't paying attention since Grigori has him spooked ...

2 hours ago, RedRajah said:

I'm gonna feel bad if we take out all the mooks before Coreal can join in on the fun... :p

🤣 that would be so funny

Is everyone checking their own END? If so I won't.

Holding until Grigori and Preserver act ...

Name
Gunman 8 perception @ IW
3d6 5,1,1
Gunmen 8 attack @ IW
11-3d6 3,5,2

From the heroes' vantage points around the warehouse, all gunmen are either down or surrendered! Police sirens still blare from outside, but no more gunfire.

I need perception checks for all the heroes, please ...

Perception SuccessThe hero hears movement coming from inside the warehouse office! The door is closed ...

8 minutes ago, RedRajah said:

Do you want the rolls here or in the IC thread?

either works - if you're rolling on the IC thread please include an IC post for Grigori. If it's just a roll, please roll on this thread 👍

On 8/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, RedRajah said:

BTW, giving y'all a heads-up I'll be away on vacation Sept. 6-13th.

Similarly, I'm going to be on vacation next week (8/19-26). I should be able to reply as usual, but if there's always a chance that something won't work.

Name
Perception roll 12-
3d6 2,1,5

ร—
ร—