Questions and Discussions

1 hour ago, bduds2006 said:

Sadly I see no love for symbiots like earworms, living armor, tentacle whips and the likes.  I've always wanted to play a character that escaped from Shadow Marches with one.

I did notice it, but I can already see a way to make them in PF2e with what we already have, and that would be with relic magic items.

The simplest symbionts that function like cantrips (like the ones in 5e Eberron character options), you could even flavor it that your innate cantrip is a symbiont if you so desire.

That is definitely a possible work around.  The other concept I've wanted to explore has been something along the lines of a "blind swordsman" type character.   Though this would be much more difficult.  The book recommends giving such character the blind fight feat for free which seems to reduce the miss chance to a DC 5 flat check against hidden creatures.  Taking an ancestry that has an imprecise sense such as smell, hearing or even life sense would then seem to extend that range even further.  

2 minutes ago, AnemoneEnemy said:

@Rogers I love Eberron and I've been getting pretty into PF2, so I've got some concepts. IIRC, real life has forced you to drop games over the last few years; Hopefully things are looking a little more stable/sustainable now?

Indeed, life is more stable now, so can focus on relaxing more.

Just now, bduds2006 said:

That is definitely a possible work around.  The other concept I've wanted to explore has been something along the lines of a "blind swordsman" type character.   Though this would be much more difficult.  The book recommends giving such character the blind fight feat for free which seems to reduce the miss chance to a DC 5 flat check against hidden creatures.  Taking an ancestry that has an imprecise sense such as smell, hearing or even life sense would then seem to extend that range even further.  

it could be another option, all depend really what you want to play.

11 minutes ago, allefgib said:

Please do!

Maybe you should go with a Warforge.  I won't go too deep in the story, letting you the creativity of doing so, but one of his kind who saw an act of selfless sacrifice in the name of love, which inspired him to seek the deeper meaning of love.  A Warforge in the quest of finding his a soul mate.  The question is: is he going to find it among his kind  or overcome the idea of species and compatibility, and let the other person be from from another ancestry?  Will he be in love, or may it be an even stronger link?  Those questions may or not be answered nor the quest of finding a soulmate even been accomplished, but the relentless pursuit of the Warforge may open a world of emotional/behavioral complexity to be explored.  

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

Another idea: Same ancestry.  A Warforged that have adopted an animal that came in his life in an intense moment, may it be solitude or other.  The small animal is the only thing he cared since he was created.  He could kill monster, humanoids, doesnt mind the gruesomenes nor the way he does it.  He had countless companion who died during the war, and it barely bothered him.  He could see people in the street dying of hunger and do nothing because he just don't feel sympathy.  But the little ball of fur, he would die for it and give it everything he could.  For this idea, you may go with a class with an animal companion or just a Warforge going around with a almost useless pet, whatever the class.  Barbarian dreadnought would be funny to see

Lastly, as I'm still into my Warforged ideas, would be one that use to be owned by the house Phiarlan during the war, trained as an enforcer to help their agent doing their job during the war.  During the schism between the Pharlian/Thuranni, it would have torn him to serve either house, and used the confusion to flee away from the place he was deployed and  found a way to stay hidden from the houses far from these problems. 

Eventually, the War ended and he managed to reach Sharn, a place he was sure he wouldn't be reconized/hunted, and would have started a new life as an hired caravan guard or maybe as a private bodyguard.  Eventually, he decided to change his line of job and managed to get admitance in the Clifftop Adventurers Guild.

The best classes for this one, IMO, would be fighter, rogue, monk or ranger (and maybe consider multiclass later with another of those class).  Getting stealth and thievery would make sense for his starting skills.

Thanks.

My idea for Warforge is a battle medic background. Working through other aspects, ill consider your suggestions ty.

I do think sexual attraction has alot to do with romantic love - so not sure ill play it that way given the are created and presumably less interested in romance than a eunuch

A more serious Baymax kinda vibe is whats in my head

Edited by allefgib (see edit history)

I have so many ideas for this that I'm having real trouble narrowing it down to a single character concept.

• A House Deneith Champion who suffers from severe PTSD and has a drinking problem.
  • A House Orien wizard who, as a teenager ran away with a House Lyrandar pilot, married, and had a child with an aberrant mark. The child was taken away and the marriage annulled but she's never stopped looking for her son.
  • A Valenar elf, dedicated to his ancestor's double scimitar and mastering it's intricacies but sick of the slaughter.
  • A city watchmen, the mockery of his fellows because of his bad luck and record of being outwitted by gangs in Sharn, who wants to prove himself and win the love of fair Wilhelmina (who has so far failed to even notice he exists).
  • A barbarian raised by dhakaani in Darguun but discovered by Cannith explorers to have the Mark of Making and transported to Sharn to receive a "proper education". Out of his depth and confused he seeks escape in the form of endless battle.
  • A kalashtar freedom fighter seeking out agents of the Inspired in Sharn.
  • A battered old warforged looking for former soldiers in his platoon who survived the Last War.
  • A changeling and former agent who spied on Breland for Cyre during the Last War.

Should I just roll a d8? Which do you like the sound of best?

Baymax is cool. A battle medic, there are a lot of options for that between the pervasive magic (like getting stabilize cantrip as innate) + Battle medic feat with whatever class you want to play.