Questions and Discussions

4 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

Hopefully not having a tie to Cyre isn't a drawback! 😄

It's fine, just surprised to see that many of them. Usually I see one or two characters with Cyre interest as a focus, just seems like there is a good amount of them.

Oh, I get it. I was joking (mostly!), but one of my character concepts was someone tied to Cyre and the Mournlands specifically; I decided that since we're starting in Sharn, I'd tie myself more there, and then I started building out my character's background with their House and what she'd likely be doing for them. She's taken on a bit of a life of her own! 😄

Heya. Been lurking around for some time. I have a concept in mind: Druid of the Leaf order who maintains the green spaces of Sharn as an apprentice gardener, who also speaks against "innovatious" exploition of nature (I'm looking at you lightning rail). Fancy your interest? At least he/she isn't connected to Cyre 😉

2 minutes ago, XQbitor said:

Heya. Been lurking around for some time. I have a concept in mind: Druid of the Leaf order who maintains the green spaces of Sharn as an apprentice gardener, who also speaks against "innovatious" exploition of nature (I'm looking at you lightning rail). Fancy your interest? At least he/she isn't connected to Cyre 😉

This is actually a great concept. Maybe your character could be linked to the Sharn council (your master might be a minor member, a councilor of one of the one of the district representative, maybe Doran Cantar or Caskar Halavik? For more delails), working to plead their goal of keeping Sharn the most ''green'' as possible, promoting balance of nature and civilization actively. Working as an adventurer could be a good way to amass the fund to promote your political interest in the matter, and give a clear goal to your character.

To be frank I'm not that well versed in the Eberron setting. I just saw "elemental powered lightning rail" and thought somebody might be quite sore about the fact 😄

Anyways I'm learning the lore from YT and know enough to write a character. I appreciate the extra fluff and will put up a character thread soonish.

@XQbitor Yeah, there is definitely room for that kind of environmentalist outlook in Eberron. Folks are literally binding elementals into structures to power trains and ships and airships. The elementals probably don't mind, but frankly, their compliance isn't a factor.

There is definitely room for it in Sharn. Your character might hang out in Skysedge Park, there are many groves and gardens there. They are maintained by a community of immigrants from Eldeen Reaches which you might or might not be connected with.