Questions and Discussions

No worries Saithor

Here are some suggestions for other stuff than front lines, yeah I know there a lot of concepts in Eberron but for people who needs some help to get started:

-Aerenal elf cleric, if you want to bring in an interesting take on death and the Undying Court. You come from an island with even higher magic than Khorvaire or Warforged Cleric of Onathar in the Sovereign Host believing that the Warforged weren't just designed by mortal mind but the guidance of Onathar helped Aaren d'Cannith make the warforged.

-Kalashtar Bard, with Bards using the Occult spell list, it is pretty easy to link psionic powers with music. Or House Phiarlan Bards, for the common people the idea that Elvis is a spy is totally ridiculous.

-Thrane is famous for their archery and same with the Church of the Silver Flame. Ranger, Fighter or some archetypes at level 2+ like Archer or Eldritch Archer etc...

-Vadalis Heir the mark of handling + druid

-Sorcerers in general, so many stories and hooks, Hag Bloodline if you want a link with the Daughters of Sora Kell (Fairy tales in Eberron are pretty much real). Psychopomp bloodline when you were born or during the Last War, you were affected by a Dolurth manifest zone and now wield the power of guiding the dead to a resting place. Wyrmblessed, your blood comes from the dragons who created the world, Eberron, Khyber and Syberys and so many more stories etc....

-Investigator, pretty much very in genre with the Fantasy Noir aspect.

-As a Witch your patron could offer many connections to Eberron at large, from the overlords like Sul Khatesh in particular for great powers, Daughters of Sora Kell, the archfeys like the Forgotten Prince.

-Psychic while somewhat complicated, they are fine to play and can fit into many themes

Edited by Rogers (see edit history)

With the symbiont idea.  Thinking the route to go is a human with natural ambition to get a familiar from the magus.  Fluff the familiar as a partial living armor and take the sparkling targe style but using the shield spell.  

Oceane pointed out the living vessel archetype which looks like it would lend well to the lore of a symbiont trying to work its corruption.

14 minutes ago, allefgib said:

Bugger - waited too long and the warforged and medic aspects already have representation.

I'll rethink and see what I can come up with.

None of us is guaranteed to be accepted, and a little overlap isn't bad. I wouldn't change if that's the only issue. I was going to run a warforged app but found a background hook I like with this one.

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)

Thanks @VennDygrem - I'm definitely keen to do something that requires me to get my head more into Eberron as a setting.

I think I'll try the artificier.  Also a brand new class and a key tie ins to one of the key themes of the setting - magic as technology.

Will take me a bit to get my head around the custom class (and I want to build it into pathbuilder if possible - I was starting to do this with warforged).

Anyone know much about this pathfinder version of the class and can call out any boons or banes with it?
Seems to have the armor/weapon progression of most martials in PF2e, with a decent amount of 'slots' as well.
It might be fun, or not, going through spell lists for everything that targets an object or surface 🙂

I actually took a look at the Artificer, and unfortunately, I've gotta say that it shares a problem with the Way of the Wandslinger subclass: neither actually get what I'd consider fundamental class abilities until level 2. Also, IIRC, there actually aren't enough cantrips in the game right now that meet the "object or surface only" requirement.

I think an Inventor, flavored with less steam and clockpunk and more mundane magic, might capture the artificer "feel." Maybe with Wizard Dedication at level 2 to go with it. Though that'd actually kind of cross wires with Cesaro, who I plan to have grab Inventor Dedication at 2. Like Venn said, there's no guarantee any of us are gettin' in, though. And it would be kind of funny to see a team with a Wizard/Inventor and an Inventor/Wizard. Kind of a Judean People's Front/People's Front of Judea situation.

Just to be clear, Mark of Storm heritage reads:

At least one of your parents is a half-elf descendant of a Mark of Storm bloodline, whether or not they manifested a mark. You have slightly pointed ears and other telltale signs of half-elf heritage. You gain the elf trait, the half-elf trait, the Dragonmarked Heritage trait, the Mark of Storm trait, and low-light vision. In addition, you can pick elf, half-elf, human, Dragonmarked Heritage, and Mark of Storm feats whenever you gain an ancestry feat.

So that means, I can pick Least Mark as an Ancestry feat, **and** Lyrandar Captain, even though it is listed under General Feats, because it has the Mark of Storm trait, correct?

Just working out mechanics, but Caelin is now a Lyrandar Excoriate, who was a Lyrandar captain, who married a Cyrean woman, and by her, had two children, however, as a Lyradar Captain he was not in Cyre in 994 YK, during the Day of Mourning. Devastated by the personal loss, he was committed to aiding the Cyrean refugees, however, House Lyrandar ordered him back, not wanting to commit, politically, to their cause, due to the refusal of Aundair and Thrane, to open their borders to the refugees. This coupled with news of the Valenar massacre, caused Caelin to rename his airship, Cyrean Dreams, and personally evacuate refugees to Breland, against Lyrandar orders.

I will expand on my short form notes to get a full background, and finish the mechanics, but that is the basis of what I have so far.

7 hours ago, allefgib said:

I'll build him out and see how it feels. Intending to try and setup in pathbuilder so I can flesh out to say 5th level.

In general, the guy who made the artificer the author of the PF2 eberron document mentioned that reflavoring Inventor or Alchemist or other classes could represent different kind of artificers. The artificer seems to be decent, but yeah don't feel limited by it, an Inventor just by saying stuff are more "magical" even if the mechanics don't change might be worth a look. A different flavor for a class in Eberron in general is fine, and encouraged like a barbarian could simply be a magebred experiment or super soldier like Captain America.

1 hour ago, Zen Gypsy said:

Just to be clear, Mark of Storm heritage reads:

So that means, I can pick Least Mark as an Ancestry feat, **and** Lyrandar Captain, even though it is listed under General Feats, because it has the Mark of Storm trait, correct?

Just working out mechanics, but Caelin is now a Lyrandar Excoriate, who was a Lyrandar captain, who married a Cyrean woman, and by her, had two children, however, as a Lyradar Captain he was not in Cyre in 994 YK, during the Day of Mourning. Devastated by the personal loss, he was committed to aiding the Cyrean refugees, however, House Lyrandar ordered him back, not wanting to commit, politically, to their cause, due to the refusal of Aundair and Thrane, to open their borders to the refugees. This coupled with news of the Valenar massacre, caused Caelin to rename his airship, Cyrean Dreams, and personally evacuate refugees to Breland, against Lyrandar orders.

I will expand on my short form notes to get a full background, and finish the mechanics, but that is the basis of what I have so far.

Yes grabbing the heritage allows you to pick the Least Mark and other as ancestry feats. A good amount of Cyre supports in the characters, it's interesting but can definitely help in having a party theme.