Out of Character thread

Vladim

• 2 weeks later...

I've just transferred Thammegil's character sheet over from OGMW.

Wasn't quite the seamless C&P job that was sold to us, so took some considerable manual editing of the HTML to get it working properly, but I'm reasonably happy with the outcome.

1 hour ago, Chimerafromthestar said:

Pardon me, but I'm a bit new to Baldr. I have one question.

1. Can I just go ahead and start to make a character, or are you not accepting any more players?

Hi Chimerafromthestar, and thank you for your post & interest! I am also quite new to Baldr, and am yet to figure out all of the settings & other website specifics. I am sorry for any misunderstanding, but I will be running this game for a group of long-time players from the original Myth-Weavers website, and I am not going to be putting a broader advertisement or call for character submissions.

You are, of course, more than welcome to follow along if you want, and spots may open up in the future, though at this stage I cannot promise anything specific.

9 hours ago, Vladim said:

No, it isn't quite seamless, though it should be doable! I think Grok is a placeholder for a future feature, like a statblock attached to every post.

Yep, that’s exactly it.  Eric confirmed it for me on Discord.

Don't know of any 'best' way, but I copied and pasted the sheet in, then had to spend a good couple of hours tweaking the source HTML to repair all the broken bits.  There is a guide on bringing stuff over from the old site up elsewhere in the main forums, but any which way you look at it, there's going to be some not inconsiderable effort involved.

Or you could possibly copy & paste one of the existing characters that have already been ported then change all the salient details.

• 3 weeks later...