Out of Character thread

Vladim

Everyone is focused on Dahr-Ol. He's like the ten year old who always gets into trouble if left unsupervised.

Probably somewhat appropriate, now that I think about it.

@Vladim I won't have a hast before tonight at least. It will take me a bit to figure out my advancement scheme.

3 hours ago, thesloth said:

Everyone is focused on Dahr-Ol. He's like the ten year old who always gets into trouble if left unsupervised.

Probably somewhat appropriate, now that I think about it.

@Vladim I won't have a hast before tonight at least. It will take me a bit to figure out my advancement scheme.

You don't have to spend them now; if you prefer, you can leave them for the proper fellowship phase (at the end of this adventure).

@Vladim @Diofant I posted the first half of my fast forward since I have more un-resolved issues. If Diofant wants to delve deeper into this we can, if not I will post my view from the swamp in the next post.

Vladim, I will burn a courage point to keep Elfwynn in Stonyford since I only missed it by one.

I tallied my points, I chose the XP award from Option 4. I will hold everything unspent until the end.

Edited by thesloth (see edit history)

18 hours ago, thesloth said:

@Vladim @Diofant I posted the first half of my fast forward since I have more un-resolved issues. If Diofant wants to delve deeper into this we can, if not I will post my view from the swamp in the next post.

Vladim, I will burn a courage point to keep Elfwynn in Stonyford since I only missed it by one.

I tallied my points, I chose the XP award from Option 4. I will hold everything unspent until the end.

Nah, I'm good that its established, we can add parts to it later as we go.

1 minute ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:
Barin Greycloak
lhV7Mo1.png

Whilst his companions debated the best approach for evaluating the mount, Barin and Núr peered through the mist and the gloom at the rock before them, trying their hardest to spot anything in the stone of the mount, or the stonework of the fortress atop it, which would give hint of a weakness or an advantage which they could exploit.

The dwarf shuddered when Dahr-Ol and Gramtyng discussed climbing the rockface, as whilst his stone-sense was likely the best amongst all of those present, his athletics was certainly not.

Keeping his head close to that of his young ward, he discussed features and any possible opportunities in hushed murmurs, using Khuzdul so that anyone, or anything, eavesdropping would be unlikely to be able to determine any stratagem which might emerge...

OOC

Just some flavour text for now ... although @Vladim if you want any specific rolls to determine if Barin and Núr can spot anything obvious from their current vantage point just let me know...

Feel free to add an Awareness check-just in case!

1 minute ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

Hmm .. could I invoke either Stone-Craft or Mountaineer for an automatic success here?

Sure!

43 minutes ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

In which case .... do the Dwarves spot anything? 😁

Yes, but details depend on the specific trait... so let me know which one you want to use!

4 hours ago, thesloth said:

Would a battle check make sense to determine where archers or sentries are likely hidden, at least from the side we can view?

Sure!

@thesloth as much as I am eager to see what happens next, I'd prefer it if @Modest_Proposal could get a chance to communicate Cecil's observation. Not necessarily because I am a fan of PCs withholding information (I am not :) ) but more because it creates an RP opportunity that Modest Proposal may be interested in engaging with.

I'll leave the matter between you and Modest Proposal, but if M. P. prefers it, I think it's fine if they want to ask you to slightly edit your post. I guess I could also help avoiding this issue by using private tags, but I am not a heavy user of them and prefer if folks enjoy all the story, even if some of it is OOC info (which shouldn't be engaged with IC).

I don't think we're too slow right now so I am good with letting Modest Proposal make the call! If they can't post for several days, then agreed-we can just make assumptions about Cecil sharing the info and move forwards! But I am open to other alternatives!