Get your blue milk here (OOC)

Malkavian Grin

@8w_gremlin Would it be all right if Nina left her rifle (stock folded and concealed in a guitar case fitted with a shoulder strap) and backpack somewhere near Remy and have him keep an eye on them?

@Malkavian Grin When Nina walks outside, I'd like her to have her Midnight Special (miniaturized slugthrower pistol) tucked into her belt at her belly, and the yookoo'lele on a shoulder strap hanging at her belly, concealing the weapon--rather than leaving the Midnight Special in her concealed holster. She'll probably be picking at the strings of the instrument as she walks outside--both hands in plain view, no weapons (visible) other than a very small knife sheathed at her side. According to the rules, this would increase her chance of concealing the item (no -5 penalty for the concealed holster), but it would take a standard action to draw the weapon (rather than the move action if she kept the weapon in the concealed holster). Does that work for you?

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

Yeah, no problem at all, he can carry them on his back if you'd like. and if you could read his emotions (if he had any) he would be pleased as punch to look after them for you.

2 minutes ago, 8w_gremlin said:

Yeah, no problem at all, he can carry them on his back if you'd like. and if you could read his emotions (if he had any) he would be pleased as punch to look after them for you.

That's good to know. Nina would not have felt comfortable asking the droid to carry her stuff--but if he in any way offered, she'd have preferred he carry it in case they need to leave quickly.

11 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@Malkavian Grin When Nina walks outside, I'd like her to have her Midnight Special (miniaturized slugthrower pistol) tucked into her belt at her belly, and the yookoo'lele on a shoulder strap hanging at her belly, concealing the weapon--rather than leaving the Midnight Special in her concealed holster. She'll probably be picking at the strings of the instrument as she walks outside--both hands in plain view, no weapons (visible) other than a very small knife sheathed at her side. According to the rules, this would increase her chance of concealing the item (no -5 penalty for the concealed holster), but it would take a standard action to draw the weapon (rather than the move action if she kept the weapon in the concealed holster). Does that work for you?

Sounds perfectly reasonable. I haven't had to deal with concealed weapons yet; do you roll to conceal and them if anyone looks you over, they can took to beat that dc? I Can't pull up the rules site on my phone or it slows to a crawl.

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Sounds perfectly reasonable. I haven't had to deal with concealed weapons yet; do you roll to conceal and them if anyone looks you over, they can took to beat that dc? I Can't pull up the rules site on my phone or it slows to a crawl.

Yep. I roll a check and that's the DC for their perception check. If you want, I can roll before you write the scene--if her being spotted with a concealed weapon is going to impact the opening of the scene.

Keep in mind that drawing or holstering a weapon is a Move action, while drawing a concealed weapon (with the benefit of a concealed holster) is a Standard action. A common trope in movies is the harmless looking protagonist who draws a concealed weapon taking enemies by surprise. That's not what's happening here. In fact, it's quite the opposite: Nina will not be able to shoot in the first round of combat (assuming combat happens). In SWSE, you need special feats or talents to get the drop on someone with a concealed weapon.

2 hours ago, Hades-666 said:

Jal makes for the door as the others jump to Nina's directions.

Hades (and everyone else), I don't want Nina to come across like she's taking charge. Nor do I want to limit the other PCs' choices. I've tried to post IC details trying to make clear that she's not wanting to do that. So if those efforts are not working, let me know and we can retcon the scene or whatever.

Keeping momentum is crucial in PBP, so kudos for coming up with something. Either way, this is a challenge to overcome. If we can do it diplomatically, great. If not, also good. None of us have any problem knocking some thugs around.

Remy is not a leader, but in medical stuff, he would expect to be the final decision maker, in this regard, he defers to Nina.
does that make sense?
and well done for taking charge and moving us along, we're a bunch of sedentary cats unless prodded.

55 minutes ago, zeone3000 said:

Keeping momentum is crucial in PBP, so kudos for coming up with something.

11 minutes ago, 8w_gremlin said:

and well done for taking charge and moving us along, we're a bunch of sedentary cats unless prodded.

Seconded to both. I'm sorry everyone. I'm the kind of GM that cares too much; I don't want to cut scenes short. So, yes, I tend to lose momentum. I'm always afraid to just say "Okay, let's wrap it up, here's the next scene."

Ok edited the post to include

... He switches to their private comms line and passes the thought on to Nina.
all the while using his one new Communication Scanner to pick up any chatter, passing relevant data to the team.

might as well use it, it costs enough!

18 hours ago, 8w_gremlin said:

might as well use it, it costs enough!

Indeed!

14 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@Malkavian Grin I need to check something before posting in the IC. Is Sirona back at the spaceport in the Banshee waiting for us or did she drop us off with plans to come back when we signal?

Sirona is waiting for you at the spaceport. It's a supposedly safe planet so it's cheaper for her to just stay here rather than pay for fuel. However, that does mean the Vipers might harass her if not dealt with presently. 😈