Get your blue milk here (OOC)

Malkavian Grin

10 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

The bribe is the game's way of spending resources to bypass a mechanic. We could try the mind trick, but those aren't permanent. Eventually he'll realized he was talked into doing a dangerous (to him) thing by giving rookies powerful explosives. Could mean bad future mojo for you and gear if there's a sudden tax...

In my eyes, Mind Trick can be really strong but it leaves a paper trail of emotional damage. That comes with its own problems. 😈

You could instead with a good Persuasion check talk him into getting a "bribe's worth" of something on Cato Neimoidia... Likely a bag of drugs from the Hutt's palace.

Perhaps make it look like a backpack with a hard shell or maybe a breathing apparatus.

Or you could ask Nina to act as your purchasing agent. She'd be happy to do it. 😉

3 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Does "native man" mean human or neimoidian?

Neimoidian. They are as native as you can get from my understanding of it, though there are multiple Neimoidia planets as well as another species. The Duros people settled the Neimoidians and colonized them. In the process a newer form of Duros came about with slight genetic variations due to generations living on these new planets. They became Neimoidians who are mostly the same but tend to be cowardly and most Duros find it a powerful insult to be called or compared to their genetic counterparts.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:58 PM, Wizard of the Coat said:

@Malkavian Grin (or anyone else who might know the answer): The deception skill allows you to "take 10." For future reference, if my first roll sucks, can I take 10 for my reroll?

I can't say this has ever come up that I remember. Reading the description of Taking 10 sounds like you are simply choosing to assign your die roll as a 10, which to mean sounds like it's being treated as if you had in fact rolled, but treat all results as 10.

Using that logic, I assume anytime you could roll you could instead Take 10 (staying within the conditions for doing so, e.g. danger not present), which would include on a reroll.

I feel like this just adds value to the whole thing (being able to rely on an average roll no matter what) but if it feels like it becomes an issue down the round, I reserve the right to revisit this issue. In that case, I would probably just say you could either Take 10 or reroll. But we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Fair?

4 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Yep.

Given that I made this ruling after you rolled, I think it's fair to fudge this first use of a disguise as a Take 10, granting an 18 for Shade to look like someone else.

What is something you do to change his appearance? Convince me and I may grant you a bonus.

4 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Given that I made this ruling after you rolled, I think it's fair to fudge this first use of a disguise as a Take 10, granting an 18 for Shade to look like someone else.

What is something you do to change his appearance? Convince me and I may grant you a bonus.

Assuming the following meets @Phntm888's approval...

1. Dye his hair to some other relatively natural looking color (blonde, red, brown...). He can choose the color.

2. Lighten his skin tone on his face and hands (the exposed parts).

3. Use makeup to age him (to a robust middle age): salt his hair with distinguished-looking gray at his temples, makeup to give him wrinkles, e.g. deepen the natural lines/wrinkles of his face, give him crows eyes.... Old clones shouldn't exist in this timeframe, so aging should make people not think "clone."

4. Given him a (fake) tattoo in a visible spot (face, neck, hand...), openly displaying the symbol of the Freelance Mercenary Corps. They fought for the Confederacy during the Clone Wars. @8w_gremlin Remy would have provided the intel based on his knowledge skill or a search of the Resurgence's database. He would have provide an image to copy and details about where members of the Corps typically wore the tattoo. If you'll allow the Cooperation (under Combined Attempts) rules for Skill use, this means that Remy is helping Nina with the disguise, so if he makes a DC 10 check (and he can take 10 on it), he gets to add +2 to Nina's check result. So we've got a 20 instead of an 18.

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

ร—
ร—