Interlude 1

Papa Bear

This is a 'short' RP thread to deal with whatever things the PCs wish to deal with while in the town of Ravencrest before heading out to 'the next realm'.

Things previously mentioned (but please reinforce) prior to this thread;

• Morag builds a new bow
  • Eithne seeks out Remy Lars
  • Dwaron learns what the $#@& is going on (OK, that last one was not explicitly stated 🙂 )

This is a 'semi' RP slash OOC thread at the same time. We can RP a few things for flair and fluff, but also speak plainly about them since this thread it not meant to be more than getting ready for A) the transition to the new site and B) the transition to the next Story Arc and fiendish Lord's realm.

Troben will use three of his sticky energies to give his echo the Help action as a bonus action. He also wants to create an Acid Rune, but will need Eithne's help. It's a DC 20 Conversion check; she can use his mantle of spell resistance to gain advantage on the Wisdom save there.

I think that's all Troben wants to do.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:34 PM, Shadeus said:

Troben will use three of his sticky energies to give his echo the Help action as a bonus action. He also wants to create an Acid Rune, but will need Eithne's help. It's a DC 20 Conversion check; she can use his mantle of spell resistance to gain advantage on the Wisdom save there.

I think that's all Troben wants to do.

Am I able to help with conversion checks?

Yes, in fact, for that Acid rune, it would probably be best for Cobbletop to teach it to Eithne and for her to perform it. He's got a good roll, but not as good as Eithne. Morag should be OK with the bow. He'll just strip down nekkid with the bow he makes and absorb those Arcane Essence (and sticky, and boons) and they'll naturally go to the item he's holding to enchant it 'naturally' (well, as naturally as magical energy absorbs into a body and into something that body is holding/wearing.)

Am I just really blind or have the OOC and font color text options just... vanished? I was trying to copy my sheet over and edit it into the sheet I already spent a fair amount of time assembling and found a few of the editing options are missing from the header.

[color=deepskyblue]I mean I can cheat and use BBcode still, but I would like to try to get used to the new interface.[/color]
I mean I can cheat and use BBcode still, but I would like to try to get used to the new interface.

Edited by Lumovanis (see edit history)

I think they are all there for me. I can see font colors. They did make a recent change that altered what colors are available based on (I think) the template you use. That text color you have above is really hard to read on this background. I think that's the point of the change; to avoid "hard to read" colors.

1d7a376f3d924636f450f6f98127f3ee.jpgTroben the Ragler

AC: 21 | Hit Points: 105/105 | Passive Perception: 16 | Init: +4 (adv)

Second Wind: 1/1 | Action Surge: 1/1 | Unleash Incarnation: 4/4 | Heroic Strike: 1/1 | Skills | Saves | Features

Troben says to Dwaron, "Come, my friend. Let's head to the inn and get some food and a tankard of happiness. Then we can grab some well-deserved rest and start figure out which demon lord we kill next."

As Billum greets them, the echo knight can't help but retell the tale of their glorious defeat of the Frost Lord. Somehow, he manages to highlight a lot of what he's done although doesn't sell short his stalwart companions who have certainly earned a verse or two in the glorious ballad of Troben the Ragler. He doesn't push it this first night though and eagerly heads to bed to recover.

The next morning, he has a heaping stack of pancakes that he covers with syrup and butter. Arteries in whole other dimensions harden at the mere sight of his breakfast. With a mouth full of food, he says, "Guild hall, eh? Okay, we'll check it out. Thanks Billum. You are good people. We are looking to visit some cursed forest demon lord guy next. Eithne, do I got that right? Some sort toad demon guy. You know anything about him? Besides, that we are gonna kill him."

Tabletop

This should be the RP thread. @Papa Bear you posted in the OOC thread.

[setfield][floatleft][img2=200]https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109245&d=1681965255[/img2][/floatleft][SIZE="4"][b][COLOR="teal"]Eithne Black[/COLOR][/b][/SIZE] | [B][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2538608"]Lv. 8 Hexblood Druid (Circle of the Stars)[/URL][/B][hr][/hr][B]AC:[/B] 21 | [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]91[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]91[/COLOR] | [B][COLOR="black"]Initiative[/COLOR]:[/B] +3 | [b]Passive Perception:[/b] [OOC="21"]Darlvision 60[/OOC] | [B]Movement:[/B] [OOC="30 ft"]60 ft. Flight: 10/10 minutes remaining.[/OOC][hr][/hr][OOC="Stats"]STR 13 (+1) DEX 16 (+3) CON 16 (+3) INT 16 (+3) WIS 22 (+6) CHA 14 (+2)[/OOC] | [OOC="Saves"]INT +6 WIS +9 Advantage on Concentration Resolve Die 1d20+2 Resolve Check 1d20+10 Corruption Save 1d20+13 [/OOC] | [OOC="Skills"]Stealth +6 Nature +9 Animal Handling +9 Insight +9 Medicine +9 Perception +11 Sleight of Hand +6 Survival +9 Deception +5 Persuasion +5[/OOC] | [OOC="Spell Slots"][B]1st[/B] 6/6 [B]2nd[/B] 3/3 [B]3rd[/B] 3/3 [B]4th:[/B] 2/2 [b]The Measure[/b] 10/10 charges [b]Scroll:[/b] Detect Poison and Disease [b]Gem:[/b] Snare [b]Token:[/b] Feather Fall[/OOC] | [B]Hit Dice:[/B] [COLOR="red"]7[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]7[/COLOR] | [B]Wild Shape:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]2[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]2[/COLOR] [hr][/hr][B]Guiding Bolt:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]3[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]3[/COLOR] | [B]Weal/[U]Woe:[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]3[/COLOR]/[COLOR="green"]3[/COLOR] [hr][/hr] [b][color="teal']"As much as I don't like the toad demon, I wouldn't say that killing it should be a top priority. It might be more useful alive for the time being. For information purposes."[/color][/b] In contrast to Troben, Eithne's meal was relatively fastidious. Beef, potatoes, and cakes arranged in neat portions. The only thing it lacked was one perfect grapefruit. The kind of fruit she used to dream about as a child. Some distant right of those with the wealth to afford them. How strange it was, to remember that, only to find that the fruit was relatively cheap... Last night she skipped the party. She needed some time to herself. A chance to meditate on her charts, to peruse the tome again for secrets. The dreams were robbed from her though. Memories of childhood, embellished by the unconscious mind, plagued her. When she awoke, they pushed her towards a mission that she might not be able to accomplish on her own. [b][color="teal']"I wouldn't mind checking out the guild as well. That said, I think I'll likely keep a room here to keep my sanity if the hall is too rowdy. We can check it out after we get that rune recipe from Grenval. But first..." "I'm going to need your help talking to Remy. You two seemed to hit it off when we first met. Having a friendly face in tow might make it easier to check in on her."[/color][/b] [SPOILER="Mechanics & Mentions"][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Statblock"][LEFT][b][url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2538608]Eithne Black[/url][/b] [i]Hexblooded Human (Fey) Druid 8 NG[/i] [b]AC[/b] 21 [b]HP[/b] 91 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 23 (6) [b]Int[/b] 16 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 14 (2) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]P. Flame (F, 30)[/b] +11 2d8 [b]Thunderclap (T, 5ft burst)[/b] DC17 CON 2d6 [b]+2 Staff of the Woodlands(B, vers.)[/b] +6 1d6/8+3 [b]+1 Dagger (P, l, fin, 20/60)[/b] +8 1d4+4 [b]Shocking Grasp (L)[/b] +11 2d8 Size: Medium ASIs: +1 DEX, +1 CON, +1 WIS (Race), +2 WIS (4th) Ancestral Legacy: (Perception & Insight) If you replace a race with this lineage, you can keep the following elements of that race: any skill proficiencies you gained from it and any climbing, flying, or swimming speed you gained from it. If you don't keep any of those elements or you choose this lineage at character creation, you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice. Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness as shades of gray. Eerie Token: As a bonus action, you can harmlessly remove a lock of your hair, one of your nails, or one of your teeth. This token is imbued with magic until you finish a long rest. While the token is imbued in this way, you can take these actions: *Telepathic Message: As an action, you can send a telepathic message to the creature holding or carrying the token, as long as you are within 10 miles of it. The message can contain up to twenty-five words. *Remote Viewing: If you are within 10 miles of the token, you can enter a trance as an action. The trance lasts for 1 minute, but it ends early if you dismiss it (no action required) or are incapacitated. During this trance, you can see and hear from the token as if you were located where it is. While you are using your senses at the token's location, you are blinded and deafened in regard to your own surroundings. When the trance ends, the token is harmlessly destroyed. Once you create a token using this feature, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest, at which point your missing part regrows. Hex Magic: You can cast the disguise self and hex spells with this trait. Once you cast either of these spells with this trait, you can't cast that spell with it again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using any spell slots you have. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells (Wisdom). Skilled: (Medicine, Stealth, Persuasion) You gain proficiency in any combination of three skills or tools of your choice. Feywild Connection: Your mannerisms and knowledge of fey customs are recognized by natives of the Feywild, who see you as one of their own. Because of this, friendly Fey creatures are inclined to come to your aid if you are lost or need help in the Feywild. Fey Mark: You were transformed in some small way by your stay in the Feywild and gained a fey mark, determined by rolling on the Fey Mark table. *Your eyes swirl with iridescent colors. Feywild Visitor: Whenever you're sound asleep or in a deep trance during a long rest, a spirit of the Feywild might pay you a visit, if the DM wishes it. Determine the spirit's form by rolling on the Feywild Visitor table. No harm ever comes to you as a result of such visits, which can last for minutes or hours, and you remember each visit when you wake up. Conversations that occur with a visitor can contain any number of things, from messages and insights to nonsense and red herrings, at the DM's discretion. Such conversations are always conducted in a language you can understand, even if the Feywild visitor can't speak that language normally. Druidic: You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message's presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can't decipher it without magic. Spellcasting: Drawing on the divine essence of nature itself, you can cast spells to shape that essence to your will. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for the druid spell list. Cantrips: At 1st level, you know two cantrips of your choice from the druid spell list. You learn additional druid cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Druid table. Preparing and Casting Spells: The Druid table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your druid spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these druid spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. You prepare the list of druid spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the druid spell list. When you do so, choose a number of druid spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your druid level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For example, if you are a 3rd-level druid, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Wisdom of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell cure wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn't remove it from your list of prepared spells. You can also change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of druid spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list. Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your druid spells, since your magic draws upon your devotion and attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a druid spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Wild Shape: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesn't have a flying or swimming speed. Beast Shapes Level Max. CR Limitations Example 2nd 1/4 No flying or swimming speed Wolf 4th 1/2 No flying speed Crocodile 8th 1 Giant eagle You can stay in a beast shape for a number of hours equal to half your druid level (rounded down). You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use of this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action on your turn. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious, drop to 0 hit points, or die. While you are transformed, the following rules apply: *Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them. *When you transform, you assume the beast's hit points and Hit Dice. When you revert to your normal form, you return to the number of hit points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to your normal form, For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. As long as the excess damage doesn't reduce your normal form to 0 hit points, you aren't knocked unconscious. *You can't cast spells, and your ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form. Transforming doesn't break your concentration on a spell you've already cast, however, or prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as Call Lightning, that you've already cast. *You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can't use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense. *You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form. Ritual Casting: You can cast a druid spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared. Spellcasting Focus: You can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Wild Companion: You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components. When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level. Druid Circle: At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level. Circle of Stars: The Circle of Stars allows druids to draw on the power of starlight. These druids have tracked heavenly patterns since time immemorial, discovering secrets hidden amid the constellations. By revealing and understanding these secrets, the Circle of the Stars seeks to harness the powers of the cosmos. Many druids of this circle keep records of the constellations and the stars' effects on the world. Some groups document these observations at megalithic sites, which serve as enigmatic libraries of lore. These repositories might take the form of stone circles, pyramids, petroglyphs, and underground temples-any construction durable enough to protect the circle's sacred knowledge even against a great cataclysm. Star Map: You've created a star chart as part of your heavenly studies. It is a Tiny object and can serve as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Star Map: A collection of maps bound in an ebony cover *You know the guidance cantrip. *You have the guiding bolt spell prepared. It counts as a druid spell for you, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can have prepared. *You can cast guiding bolt without expending a spell slot. You can do so a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. If you lose the map, you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to magically create a replacement. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and it destroys the previous map. Starry Form: As a bonus action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to take on a starry form, rather than transforming into a beast. While in your starry form, you retain your game statistics, but your body becomes luminous; your joints glimmer like stars, and glowing lines connect them as on a star chart. This form sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The form lasts for 10 minutes. It ends early if you dismiss it (no action required), are incapacitated, die, or use this feature again. Whenever you assume your starry form, choose which of the following constellations glimmers on your body; your choice gives you certain benefits while in the form: *Archer: A constellation of an archer appears on you. When you activate this form, and as a bonus action on your subsequent turns while it lasts, you can make a ranged spell attack, hurling a luminous arrow that targets one creature within 60 feet of you. On a hit, the attack deals radiant damage equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Chalice: A constellation of a life-giving goblet appears on you. Whenever you cast a spell using a spell slot that restores hit points to a creature, you or another creature within 30 feet of you can regain hit points equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Dragon: A constellation of a wise dragon appears on you. When you make an Intelligence or a Wisdom check or a Constitution saving throw to maintain concentration on a spell, you can treat a roll of 9 or lower on the d20 as a 10. Wild Shape Improvement: At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. Cantrip Versatility: 4th-level druid optional feature Whenever you reach a level in this class that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can replace one cantrip you learned from this class's Spellcasting feature with another cantrip from the druid spell list. Druid Circle Feature: At 6th level, you gain a feature granted by your Druid Circle. Cosmic Omen: Whenever you finish a long rest, you can consult your Star Map for omens. When you do so, roll a die. Until you finish your next long rest, you gain access to a special reaction based on whether you rolled an even or an odd number on the die: *Weal (even): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and add the number rolled to the total. *Woe (odd): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and subtract the number rolled from the total. You can use this reaction a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. Wild Shape Improvement: At 8th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. War Caster: You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits: *You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage. *You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands. *When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature. Frost Lord's Defeat: A lord has fallen. *+1 Life Bonus AC *+10% HP (8) *Permanent +1 to all Ability Saves[/LEFT][/SPOILER] [/SETFIELD]
attachment.php?attachmentid=109245&d=1681965255
Eithne Black | Lv. 8 Hexblood Druid (Circle of the Stars)
AC: 21 | HP: 91 /91 | Initiative : +3 | Passive Perception: 21Darlvision 60 | Movement: 30 ft60 ft. Flight: 10/10 minutes remaining.
StatsSTR 13 (+1)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 16 (+3)
WIS 22 (+6)
CHA 14 (+2)
| SavesINT +6
WIS +9
Advantage on Concentration
Resolve Die 1d20+2
Resolve Check 1d20+10
Corruption Save 1d20+13
| SkillsStealth +6
Nature +9
Animal Handling +9
Insight +9
Medicine +9
Perception +11
Sleight of Hand +6
Survival +9
Deception +5
Persuasion +5
| Spell Slots 1st 6/6
2nd 3/3
3rd 3/3
4th: 2/2
The Measure 10/10 charges
Scroll: Detect Poison and Disease
Gem: Snare
Token: Feather Fall
| Hit Dice: 7 /7 | Wild Shape: 2 /2
Guiding Bolt: 3 /3 | Weal/ Woe: 3 /3

"As much as I don't like the toad demon, I wouldn't say that killing it should be a top priority. It might be more useful alive for the time being. For information purposes."

In contrast to Troben, Eithne's meal was relatively fastidious. Beef, potatoes, and cakes arranged in neat portions. The only thing it lacked was one perfect grapefruit. The kind of fruit she used to dream about as a child. Some distant right of those with the wealth to afford them. How strange it was, to remember that, only to find that the fruit was relatively cheap...

Last night she skipped the party. She needed some time to herself. A chance to meditate on her charts, to peruse the tome again for secrets. The dreams were robbed from her though. Memories of childhood, embellished by the unconscious mind, plagued her. When she awoke, they pushed her towards a mission that she might not be able to accomplish on her own.

"I wouldn't mind checking out the guild as well. That said, I think I'll likely keep a room here to keep my sanity if the hall is too rowdy. We can check it out after we get that rune recipe from Grenval. But first..."

"I'm going to need your help talking to Remy. You two seemed to hit it off when we first met. Having a friendly face in tow might make it easier to check in on her."

"Mechanics & Mentions"

"Statblock"

Eithne Black Hexblooded Human (Fey) Druid 8 NG AC 21 HP 91 Speed 30ft Str 13 (1) Dex 16 (3) Con 16 (3) Wis 23 (6) Int 16 (3) Cha 14 (2) Attacks P. Flame (F, 30) +11 2d8 Thunderclap (T, 5ft burst) DC17 CON 2d6 +2 Staff of the Woodlands(B, vers.) +6 1d6/8+3 +1 Dagger (P, l, fin, 20/60) +8 1d4+4 Shocking Grasp (L) +11 2d8 Size: Medium ASIs: +1 DEX, +1 CON, +1 WIS (Race), +2 WIS (4th) Ancestral Legacy: (Perception & Insight) If you replace a race with this lineage, you can keep the following elements of that race: any skill proficiencies you gained from it and any climbing, flying, or swimming speed you gained from it. If you don't keep any of those elements or you choose this lineage at character creation, you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice. Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness as shades of gray. Eerie Token: As a bonus action, you can harmlessly remove a lock of your hair, one of your nails, or one of your teeth. This token is imbued with magic until you finish a long rest. While the token is imbued in this way, you can take these actions: *Telepathic Message: As an action, you can send a telepathic message to the creature holding or carrying the token, as long as you are within 10 miles of it. The message can contain up to twenty-five words. *Remote Viewing: If you are within 10 miles of the token, you can enter a trance as an action. The trance lasts for 1 minute, but it ends early if you dismiss it (no action required) or are incapacitated. During this trance, you can see and hear from the token as if you were located where it is. While you are using your senses at the token's location, you are blinded and deafened in regard to your own surroundings. When the trance ends, the token is harmlessly destroyed. Once you create a token using this feature, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest, at which point your missing part regrows. Hex Magic: You can cast the disguise self and hex spells with this trait. Once you cast either of these spells with this trait, you can't cast that spell with it again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using any spell slots you have. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells (Wisdom). Skilled: (Medicine, Stealth, Persuasion) You gain proficiency in any combination of three skills or tools of your choice. Feywild Connection: Your mannerisms and knowledge of fey customs are recognized by natives of the Feywild, who see you as one of their own. Because of this, friendly Fey creatures are inclined to come to your aid if you are lost or need help in the Feywild. Fey Mark: You were transformed in some small way by your stay in the Feywild and gained a fey mark, determined by rolling on the Fey Mark table. *Your eyes swirl with iridescent colors. Feywild Visitor: Whenever you're sound asleep or in a deep trance during a long rest, a spirit of the Feywild might pay you a visit, if the DM wishes it. Determine the spirit's form by rolling on the Feywild Visitor table. No harm ever comes to you as a result of such visits, which can last for minutes or hours, and you remember each visit when you wake up. Conversations that occur with a visitor can contain any number of things, from messages and insights to nonsense and red herrings, at the DM's discretion. Such conversations are always conducted in a language you can understand, even if the Feywild visitor can't speak that language normally. Druidic: You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message's presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can't decipher it without magic. Spellcasting: Drawing on the divine essence of nature itself, you can cast spells to shape that essence to your will. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for the druid spell list. Cantrips: At 1st level, you know two cantrips of your choice from the druid spell list. You learn additional druid cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Druid table. Preparing and Casting Spells: The Druid table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your druid spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these druid spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. You prepare the list of druid spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the druid spell list. When you do so, choose a number of druid spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your druid level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For example, if you are a 3rd-level druid, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Wisdom of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell cure wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn't remove it from your list of prepared spells. You can also change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of druid spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list. Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your druid spells, since your magic draws upon your devotion and attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a druid spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Wild Shape: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesn't have a flying or swimming speed. Beast Shapes Level Max. CR Limitations Example 2nd 1/4 No flying or swimming speed Wolf 4th 1/2 No flying speed Crocodile 8th 1 Giant eagle You can stay in a beast shape for a number of hours equal to half your druid level (rounded down). You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use of this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action on your turn. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious, drop to 0 hit points, or die. While you are transformed, the following rules apply: *Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them. *When you transform, you assume the beast's hit points and Hit Dice. When you revert to your normal form, you return to the number of hit points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to your normal form, For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. As long as the excess damage doesn't reduce your normal form to 0 hit points, you aren't knocked unconscious. *You can't cast spells, and your ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form. Transforming doesn't break your concentration on a spell you've already cast, however, or prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as Call Lightning, that you've already cast. *You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can't use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense. *You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form. Ritual Casting: You can cast a druid spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared. Spellcasting Focus: You can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Wild Companion: You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components. When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level. Druid Circle: At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level. Circle of Stars: The Circle of Stars allows druids to draw on the power of starlight. These druids have tracked heavenly patterns since time immemorial, discovering secrets hidden amid the constellations. By revealing and understanding these secrets, the Circle of the Stars seeks to harness the powers of the cosmos. Many druids of this circle keep records of the constellations and the stars' effects on the world. Some groups document these observations at megalithic sites, which serve as enigmatic libraries of lore. These repositories might take the form of stone circles, pyramids, petroglyphs, and underground temples-any construction durable enough to protect the circle's sacred knowledge even against a great cataclysm. Star Map: You've created a star chart as part of your heavenly studies. It is a Tiny object and can serve as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Star Map: A collection of maps bound in an ebony cover *You know the guidance cantrip. *You have the guiding bolt spell prepared. It counts as a druid spell for you, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can have prepared. *You can cast guiding bolt without expending a spell slot. You can do so a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. If you lose the map, you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to magically create a replacement. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and it destroys the previous map. Starry Form: As a bonus action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to take on a starry form, rather than transforming into a beast. While in your starry form, you retain your game statistics, but your body becomes luminous; your joints glimmer like stars, and glowing lines connect them as on a star chart. This form sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The form lasts for 10 minutes. It ends early if you dismiss it (no action required), are incapacitated, die, or use this feature again. Whenever you assume your starry form, choose which of the following constellations glimmers on your body; your choice gives you certain benefits while in the form: *Archer: A constellation of an archer appears on you. When you activate this form, and as a bonus action on your subsequent turns while it lasts, you can make a ranged spell attack, hurling a luminous arrow that targets one creature within 60 feet of you. On a hit, the attack deals radiant damage equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Chalice: A constellation of a life-giving goblet appears on you. Whenever you cast a spell using a spell slot that restores hit points to a creature, you or another creature within 30 feet of you can regain hit points equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Dragon: A constellation of a wise dragon appears on you. When you make an Intelligence or a Wisdom check or a Constitution saving throw to maintain concentration on a spell, you can treat a roll of 9 or lower on the d20 as a 10. Wild Shape Improvement: At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. Cantrip Versatility: 4th-level druid optional feature Whenever you reach a level in this class that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can replace one cantrip you learned from this class's Spellcasting feature with another cantrip from the druid spell list. Druid Circle Feature: At 6th level, you gain a feature granted by your Druid Circle. Cosmic Omen: Whenever you finish a long rest, you can consult your Star Map for omens. When you do so, roll a die. Until you finish your next long rest, you gain access to a special reaction based on whether you rolled an even or an odd number on the die: *Weal (even): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and add the number rolled to the total. *Woe (odd): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and subtract the number rolled from the total. You can use this reaction a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. Wild Shape Improvement: At 8th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. War Caster: You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits: *You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage. *You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands. *When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature. Frost Lord's Defeat: A lord has fallen. *+1 Life Bonus AC *+10% HP (8) *Permanent +1 to all Ability Saves

Second Wind: 1/1 | Action Surge: 1/1 | Unleash Incarnation: 4/4 | Heroic Strike: 1/1 | Skills | Saves | Features

Troben grins and gets a twinkle in his eye and says to Eithne, "If the hall gets too rowdy, you let me know and I will deal with it. Besides, rowdy can be good...it can be fun for a change! As for Remy, I just know what it's like to be her. She's trying to prove herself to...well...everyone! Anyway, she's good people...happy to talk to her with you. Did you see her?"

The fighter gets another critical strike on a stack of pancakes and jabs a huge fork full in his mouth, with syrup hanging now hanging off his face. He grabs a napkin and adds, "Hey, thanks for looking into that rune formula. It will be cool to have the sword do more damage. Acid and fire is a weird combo, but I like it! I feel like a sword that weird needs a name. I gotta think on it though. Mr. Melty doesn't sound right."

He rubs his beard in thought...and to get a bit of pancake out of it.

Tabletop

So far, I'm partial to Caustic Burn as the name of the sword. I also like the world "vitriolic" for acid too, but it's too many syllables. Always open to suggestions!

OOC Post

I am such a scatterbrained dink. Can't even figure out how to move it into this post, which I could do on the old site (and it would have moved it in by time stamp so it might have looked like I didn't goof it up)

anyway, the link to that post in case it needs to be found again.

image.jpeg.6b7f98b633bfac0256e743ca10e7bfe5.jpegAs it so happens, The Lady of the Lance herself walks into the inn. "Billum, breakfast, now!" She calls out and starts to take a seat. She has an unhappy expression on her face. As she pulls a chair out to sit, she sees the members of your group sitting to breakfast, with the exception of Vrod, who is still asleep in his room above (and you are pretty sure that you can hear his snoring even through the walls). Remy Lars pulls the chair to your table and sits.

"If it isn't my other team." She says with a partial smile. "Need me back?" She says.

Billum appears carrying a tray with a plate that looks much more like Eithne's than Troben's as well as another stack of griddlecakes for Troben, another pint-sized pitcher filled with syrup, and small serving bowl with freshly churned butter. "Lady Remy, good as always to see you." He says as he sets the plate before her and adds the rest to the table. "We have chilled milk and orange juice from our newly acquired ice vault."  He says, smiling at the party of heroes that defeated the Frost Lord. "Or your usual ale for breakfast?" He says with a grin.

"The ale." She replies dismissively and the innkeeper rushes off to grab it for her.

From the other side of the bar, as Billum opens the nozzle for a cask of ale, he calls back, "Did the girl not make breakfast this morning? Shall I expect the others?" 

"There was a fine breakfast, much like this but with fried eggs and slices of ham instead of hash." She answers. "No, it was my uncle. I can't stand to look at his face." She growls.

Troben face brightens when he sees the warrior woman appear and says, "Hey! Me na dust nawkin' but ooo!"

He swallows a huge mouthful of pancake and repeats himself without food in his, "Hey, we were just talking about you! Ale for breakfast? I'm usually not that kind of guy, but I can't let a friend drink alone! Billum, my friend. You better make it two ales."

He shakes his head and says, "You shouldn't let your uncle get to you so much! You don't have anything to prove to anyone, least of all to him. You've already earned the right to your weapon. You need some adventure, something to burn off some steam. If you want to come with us, you are welcome to. We don't know where we are going yet though. I was partial to smashing a forest demon-y guy, but Eithne here is less in favor of that. We gotta find something soon, because I love crushing these demon lords. And we've been just sitting here for almost a day! How can the legend of Troben the Ragler grow getting fat in a bar?"

He knows there's stuff to do first to prepare for future butt-kickery, but it doesn't mean he has to like it.

Tabletop

None.

[setfield][floatleft][img2=200]https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109245&d=1681965255[/img2][/floatleft][SIZE="4"][b][COLOR="teal"]Eithne Black[/COLOR][/b][/SIZE] | [B][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2538608"]Lv. 8 Hexblood Druid (Circle of the Stars)[/URL][/B][hr][/hr][B]AC:[/B] 21 | [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]91[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]91[/COLOR] | [B][COLOR="black"]Initiative[/COLOR]:[/B] +3 | [b]Passive Perception:[/b] [OOC="21"]Darlvision 60[/OOC] | [B]Movement:[/B] [OOC="30 ft"]60 ft. Flight: 10/10 minutes remaining.[/OOC][hr][/hr][OOC="Stats"]STR 13 (+1) DEX 16 (+3) CON 16 (+3) INT 16 (+3) WIS 22 (+6) CHA 14 (+2)[/OOC] | [OOC="Saves"]INT +6 WIS +9 Advantage on Concentration Resolve Die 1d20+2 Resolve Check 1d20+10 Corruption Save 1d20+13 [/OOC] | [OOC="Skills"]Stealth +6 Nature +9 Animal Handling +9 Insight +9 Medicine +9 Perception +11 Sleight of Hand +6 Survival +9 Deception +5 Persuasion +5[/OOC] | [OOC="Spell Slots"][B]1st[/B] 6/6 [B]2nd[/B] 3/3 [B]3rd[/B] 3/3 [B]4th:[/B] 2/2 [b]The Measure[/b] 10/10 charges [b]Scroll:[/b] Detect Poison and Disease [b]Gem:[/b] Snare [b]Token:[/b] Feather Fall[/OOC] | [B]Hit Dice:[/B] [COLOR="red"]7[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]7[/COLOR] | [B]Wild Shape:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]2[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]2[/COLOR] [hr][/hr][B]Guiding Bolt:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]3[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]3[/COLOR] | [B]Weal/[U]Woe:[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]3[/COLOR]/[COLOR="green"]3[/COLOR] [hr][/hr] [b][color="teal']“Troben…”[/color][/b] She could see it, she could see things tumbling out of control, [b][color="teal']“Please don’t start a fight with the guild hall. Being rambunctious and rowdy is fine, I just like it in moderation. Unsurprisingly, for someone that likes living in the woods, I like a cozy and calm place to rest my head. So, lets move on to that sword of yours.”[/color][/b] Eithne did agree with Troben’s outlook, at least in this respect. If he professed to be a legendary warrior (and he hadn’t proved undeserving of the title yet), then his sword needed a name. It only seemed right. Burning, seeping, melting, terrifying, words and alternate takes floated through her head until she arrived at one that she’d heard from Bellona during a celebration of the millennial solstice. [b][color="teal']“It might be a weird term,”[/color][/b] she started before Remy made her entrance, [b][color="teal']“But that made me think of hecatomb. Technically, it’s a word for slaughtering 100 cattle in sacrifice. Alternatively, it means carnage.” “Proper portions and exercise,”[/color][/b] Eithne stated plainly, warding off any suggestion of her getting sauced right now, [b][color="teal']“I’ll take some orange juice.” “I agree with Troben, though he keeps undermining the importance of getting information when you can. You should come out with us and investigate the forest realm. We might need the extra help since it acts a little more aggressively than the tundra of our last outing.”[/color][/b] [SPOILER="Mechanics & Mentions"][/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Statblock"][LEFT][b][url=http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2538608]Eithne Black[/url][/b] [i]Hexblooded Human (Fey) Druid 8 NG[/i] [b]AC[/b] 21 [b]HP[/b] 91 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 16 (3) [b]Con[/b] 16 (3) [b]Wis[/b] 23 (6) [b]Int[/b] 16 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 14 (2) [b]Attacks[/b] [b]P. Flame (F, 30)[/b] +11 2d8 [b]Thunderclap (T, 5ft burst)[/b] DC17 CON 2d6 [b]+2 Staff of the Woodlands(B, vers.)[/b] +6 1d6/8+3 [b]+1 Dagger (P, l, fin, 20/60)[/b] +8 1d4+4 [b]Shocking Grasp (L)[/b] +11 2d8 Size: Medium ASIs: +1 DEX, +1 CON, +1 WIS (Race), +2 WIS (4th) Ancestral Legacy: (Perception & Insight) If you replace a race with this lineage, you can keep the following elements of that race: any skill proficiencies you gained from it and any climbing, flying, or swimming speed you gained from it. If you don't keep any of those elements or you choose this lineage at character creation, you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice. Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness as shades of gray. Eerie Token: As a bonus action, you can harmlessly remove a lock of your hair, one of your nails, or one of your teeth. This token is imbued with magic until you finish a long rest. While the token is imbued in this way, you can take these actions: *Telepathic Message: As an action, you can send a telepathic message to the creature holding or carrying the token, as long as you are within 10 miles of it. The message can contain up to twenty-five words. *Remote Viewing: If you are within 10 miles of the token, you can enter a trance as an action. The trance lasts for 1 minute, but it ends early if you dismiss it (no action required) or are incapacitated. During this trance, you can see and hear from the token as if you were located where it is. While you are using your senses at the token's location, you are blinded and deafened in regard to your own surroundings. When the trance ends, the token is harmlessly destroyed. Once you create a token using this feature, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest, at which point your missing part regrows. Hex Magic: You can cast the disguise self and hex spells with this trait. Once you cast either of these spells with this trait, you can't cast that spell with it again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using any spell slots you have. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells (Wisdom). Skilled: (Medicine, Stealth, Persuasion) You gain proficiency in any combination of three skills or tools of your choice. Feywild Connection: Your mannerisms and knowledge of fey customs are recognized by natives of the Feywild, who see you as one of their own. Because of this, friendly Fey creatures are inclined to come to your aid if you are lost or need help in the Feywild. Fey Mark: You were transformed in some small way by your stay in the Feywild and gained a fey mark, determined by rolling on the Fey Mark table. *Your eyes swirl with iridescent colors. Feywild Visitor: Whenever you're sound asleep or in a deep trance during a long rest, a spirit of the Feywild might pay you a visit, if the DM wishes it. Determine the spirit's form by rolling on the Feywild Visitor table. No harm ever comes to you as a result of such visits, which can last for minutes or hours, and you remember each visit when you wake up. Conversations that occur with a visitor can contain any number of things, from messages and insights to nonsense and red herrings, at the DM's discretion. Such conversations are always conducted in a language you can understand, even if the Feywild visitor can't speak that language normally. Druidic: You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message's presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can't decipher it without magic. Spellcasting: Drawing on the divine essence of nature itself, you can cast spells to shape that essence to your will. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for the druid spell list. Cantrips: At 1st level, you know two cantrips of your choice from the druid spell list. You learn additional druid cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Druid table. Preparing and Casting Spells: The Druid table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your druid spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these druid spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. You prepare the list of druid spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the druid spell list. When you do so, choose a number of druid spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your druid level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For example, if you are a 3rd-level druid, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Wisdom of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell cure wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn't remove it from your list of prepared spells. You can also change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of druid spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list. Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your druid spells, since your magic draws upon your devotion and attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a druid spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Wild Shape: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesn't have a flying or swimming speed. Beast Shapes Level Max. CR Limitations Example 2nd 1/4 No flying or swimming speed Wolf 4th 1/2 No flying speed Crocodile 8th 1 Giant eagle You can stay in a beast shape for a number of hours equal to half your druid level (rounded down). You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use of this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action on your turn. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious, drop to 0 hit points, or die. While you are transformed, the following rules apply: *Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them. *When you transform, you assume the beast's hit points and Hit Dice. When you revert to your normal form, you return to the number of hit points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to your normal form, For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. As long as the excess damage doesn't reduce your normal form to 0 hit points, you aren't knocked unconscious. *You can't cast spells, and your ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form. Transforming doesn't break your concentration on a spell you've already cast, however, or prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as Call Lightning, that you've already cast. *You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can't use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense. *You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form. Ritual Casting: You can cast a druid spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared. Spellcasting Focus: You can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Wild Companion: You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components. When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level. Druid Circle: At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level. Circle of Stars: The Circle of Stars allows druids to draw on the power of starlight. These druids have tracked heavenly patterns since time immemorial, discovering secrets hidden amid the constellations. By revealing and understanding these secrets, the Circle of the Stars seeks to harness the powers of the cosmos. Many druids of this circle keep records of the constellations and the stars' effects on the world. Some groups document these observations at megalithic sites, which serve as enigmatic libraries of lore. These repositories might take the form of stone circles, pyramids, petroglyphs, and underground temples-any construction durable enough to protect the circle's sacred knowledge even against a great cataclysm. Star Map: You've created a star chart as part of your heavenly studies. It is a Tiny object and can serve as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Star Map: A collection of maps bound in an ebony cover *You know the guidance cantrip. *You have the guiding bolt spell prepared. It counts as a druid spell for you, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can have prepared. *You can cast guiding bolt without expending a spell slot. You can do so a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. If you lose the map, you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to magically create a replacement. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and it destroys the previous map. Starry Form: As a bonus action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to take on a starry form, rather than transforming into a beast. While in your starry form, you retain your game statistics, but your body becomes luminous; your joints glimmer like stars, and glowing lines connect them as on a star chart. This form sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The form lasts for 10 minutes. It ends early if you dismiss it (no action required), are incapacitated, die, or use this feature again. Whenever you assume your starry form, choose which of the following constellations glimmers on your body; your choice gives you certain benefits while in the form: *Archer: A constellation of an archer appears on you. When you activate this form, and as a bonus action on your subsequent turns while it lasts, you can make a ranged spell attack, hurling a luminous arrow that targets one creature within 60 feet of you. On a hit, the attack deals radiant damage equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Chalice: A constellation of a life-giving goblet appears on you. Whenever you cast a spell using a spell slot that restores hit points to a creature, you or another creature within 30 feet of you can regain hit points equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Dragon: A constellation of a wise dragon appears on you. When you make an Intelligence or a Wisdom check or a Constitution saving throw to maintain concentration on a spell, you can treat a roll of 9 or lower on the d20 as a 10. Wild Shape Improvement: At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. Cantrip Versatility: 4th-level druid optional feature Whenever you reach a level in this class that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can replace one cantrip you learned from this class's Spellcasting feature with another cantrip from the druid spell list. Druid Circle Feature: At 6th level, you gain a feature granted by your Druid Circle. Cosmic Omen: Whenever you finish a long rest, you can consult your Star Map for omens. When you do so, roll a die. Until you finish your next long rest, you gain access to a special reaction based on whether you rolled an even or an odd number on the die: *Weal (even): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and add the number rolled to the total. *Woe (odd): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and subtract the number rolled from the total. You can use this reaction a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. Wild Shape Improvement: At 8th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. War Caster: You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits: *You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage. *You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands. *When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature. Frost Lord's Defeat: A lord has fallen. *+1 Life Bonus AC *+10% HP (8) *Permanent +1 to all Ability Saves[/LEFT][/SPOILER] [/SETFIELD]
attachment.php?attachmentid=109245&d=1681965255
Eithne Black | Lv. 8 Hexblood Druid (Circle of the Stars)
AC: 21 | HP: 91 /91 | Initiative : +3 | Passive Perception: 21Darlvision 60 | Movement: 30 ft60 ft. Flight: 10/10 minutes remaining.
StatsSTR 13 (+1) DEX 16 (+3) CON 16 (+3) INT 16 (+3) WIS 22 (+6) CHA 14 (+2) | SavesINT +6 WIS +9 Advantage on Concentration Resolve Die 1d20+2 Resolve Check 1d20+10 Corruption Save 1d20+13 | SkillsStealth +6 Nature +9 Animal Handling +9 Insight +9 Medicine +9 Perception +11 Sleight of Hand +6 Survival +9 Deception +5 Persuasion +5 | Spell Slots 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th: 2/2 The Measure 10/10 charges Scroll: Detect Poison and Disease Gem: Snare Token: Feather Fall | Hit Dice: 7 /7 | Wild Shape: 2 /2
Guiding Bolt: 3 /3 | Weal/ Woe: 3 /3

“Troben…” She could see it, she could see things tumbling out of control, “Please don’t start a fight with the guild hall. Being rambunctious and rowdy is fine, I just like it in moderation. Unsurprisingly, for someone that likes living in the woods, I like a cozy and calm place to rest my head. So, lets move on to that sword of yours.”

Eithne did agree with Troben’s outlook, at least in this respect. If he professed to be a legendary warrior (and he hadn’t proved undeserving of the title yet), then his sword needed a name. It only seemed right. Burning, seeping, melting, terrifying, words and alternate takes floated through her head until she arrived at one that she’d heard from Bellona during a celebration of the millennial solstice.

“It might be a weird term,” she started before Remy made her entrance, “But that made me think of hecatomb. Technically, it’s a word for slaughtering 100 cattle in sacrifice. Alternatively, it means carnage.”

“Proper portions and exercise,”
Eithne stated plainly, warding off any suggestion of her getting sauced right now, “I’ll take some orange juice.”

“I agree with Troben, though he keeps undermining the importance of getting information when you can. You should come out with us and investigate the forest realm. We might need the extra help since it acts a little more aggressively than the tundra of our last outing.”

"Mechanics & Mentions"

"Statblock"

Eithne Black Hexblooded Human (Fey) Druid 8 NG AC 21 HP 91 Speed 30ft Str 13 (1) Dex 16 (3) Con 16 (3) Wis 23 (6) Int 16 (3) Cha 14 (2) Attacks P. Flame (F, 30) +11 2d8 Thunderclap (T, 5ft burst) DC17 CON 2d6 +2 Staff of the Woodlands(B, vers.) +6 1d6/8+3 +1 Dagger (P, l, fin, 20/60) +8 1d4+4 Shocking Grasp (L) +11 2d8 Size: Medium ASIs: +1 DEX, +1 CON, +1 WIS (Race), +2 WIS (4th) Ancestral Legacy: (Perception & Insight) If you replace a race with this lineage, you can keep the following elements of that race: any skill proficiencies you gained from it and any climbing, flying, or swimming speed you gained from it. If you don't keep any of those elements or you choose this lineage at character creation, you gain proficiency in two skills of your choice. Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness as shades of gray. Eerie Token: As a bonus action, you can harmlessly remove a lock of your hair, one of your nails, or one of your teeth. This token is imbued with magic until you finish a long rest. While the token is imbued in this way, you can take these actions: *Telepathic Message: As an action, you can send a telepathic message to the creature holding or carrying the token, as long as you are within 10 miles of it. The message can contain up to twenty-five words. *Remote Viewing: If you are within 10 miles of the token, you can enter a trance as an action. The trance lasts for 1 minute, but it ends early if you dismiss it (no action required) or are incapacitated. During this trance, you can see and hear from the token as if you were located where it is. While you are using your senses at the token's location, you are blinded and deafened in regard to your own surroundings. When the trance ends, the token is harmlessly destroyed. Once you create a token using this feature, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest, at which point your missing part regrows. Hex Magic: You can cast the disguise self and hex spells with this trait. Once you cast either of these spells with this trait, you can't cast that spell with it again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using any spell slots you have. Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells (Wisdom). Skilled: (Medicine, Stealth, Persuasion) You gain proficiency in any combination of three skills or tools of your choice. Feywild Connection: Your mannerisms and knowledge of fey customs are recognized by natives of the Feywild, who see you as one of their own. Because of this, friendly Fey creatures are inclined to come to your aid if you are lost or need help in the Feywild. Fey Mark: You were transformed in some small way by your stay in the Feywild and gained a fey mark, determined by rolling on the Fey Mark table. *Your eyes swirl with iridescent colors. Feywild Visitor: Whenever you're sound asleep or in a deep trance during a long rest, a spirit of the Feywild might pay you a visit, if the DM wishes it. Determine the spirit's form by rolling on the Feywild Visitor table. No harm ever comes to you as a result of such visits, which can last for minutes or hours, and you remember each visit when you wake up. Conversations that occur with a visitor can contain any number of things, from messages and insights to nonsense and red herrings, at the DM's discretion. Such conversations are always conducted in a language you can understand, even if the Feywild visitor can't speak that language normally. Druidic: You know Druidic, the secret language of druids. You can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. You and others who know this language automatically spot such a message. Others spot the message's presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can't decipher it without magic. Spellcasting: Drawing on the divine essence of nature itself, you can cast spells to shape that essence to your will. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for the druid spell list. Cantrips: At 1st level, you know two cantrips of your choice from the druid spell list. You learn additional druid cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Druid table. Preparing and Casting Spells: The Druid table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your druid spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these druid spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest. You prepare the list of druid spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the druid spell list. When you do so, choose a number of druid spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your druid level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For example, if you are a 3rd-level druid, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Wisdom of 16, your list of prepared spells can include six spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination. If you prepare the 1st-level spell cure wounds, you can cast it using a 1st-level or 2nd-level slot. Casting the spell doesn't remove it from your list of prepared spells. You can also change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of druid spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list. Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your druid spells, since your magic draws upon your devotion and attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a druid spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one. Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier Wild Shape: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your action to magically assume the shape of a beast that you have seen before. You can use this feature twice. You regain expended uses when you finish a short or long rest. Your druid level determines the beasts you can transform into, as shown in the Beast Shapes table. At 2nd level, for example, you can transform into any beast that has a challenge rating of 1/4 or lower that doesn't have a flying or swimming speed. Beast Shapes Level Max. CR Limitations Example 2nd 1/4 No flying or swimming speed Wolf 4th 1/2 No flying speed Crocodile 8th 1 Giant eagle You can stay in a beast shape for a number of hours equal to half your druid level (rounded down). You then revert to your normal form unless you expend another use of this feature. You can revert to your normal form earlier by using a bonus action on your turn. You automatically revert if you fall unconscious, drop to 0 hit points, or die. While you are transformed, the following rules apply: *Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but you retain your alignment, personality, and Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the creature. If the creature has the same proficiency as you and the bonus in its stat block is higher than yours, use the creature's bonus instead of yours. If the creature has any legendary or lair actions, you can't use them. *When you transform, you assume the beast's hit points and Hit Dice. When you revert to your normal form, you return to the number of hit points you had before you transformed. However, if you revert as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to your normal form, For example, if you take 10 damage in animal form and have only 1 hit point left, you revert and take 9 damage. As long as the excess damage doesn't reduce your normal form to 0 hit points, you aren't knocked unconscious. *You can't cast spells, and your ability to speak or take any action that requires hands is limited to the capabilities of your beast form. Transforming doesn't break your concentration on a spell you've already cast, however, or prevent you from taking actions that are part of a spell, such as Call Lightning, that you've already cast. *You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so. However, you can't use any of your special senses, such as darkvision, unless your new form also has that sense. *You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. Worn equipment functions as normal, but the DM decides whether it is practical for the new form to wear a piece of equipment, based on the creature's shape and size. Your equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form. Ritual Casting: You can cast a druid spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell prepared. Spellcasting Focus: You can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Wild Companion: You gain the ability to summon a spirit that assumes an animal form: as an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to cast the find familiar spell, without material components. When you cast the spell in this way, the familiar is a fey instead of a beast, and the familiar disappears after a number of hours equal to half your druid level. Druid Circle: At 2nd level, you choose to identify with a circle of druids from the list of available circles. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level. Circle of Stars: The Circle of Stars allows druids to draw on the power of starlight. These druids have tracked heavenly patterns since time immemorial, discovering secrets hidden amid the constellations. By revealing and understanding these secrets, the Circle of the Stars seeks to harness the powers of the cosmos. Many druids of this circle keep records of the constellations and the stars' effects on the world. Some groups document these observations at megalithic sites, which serve as enigmatic libraries of lore. These repositories might take the form of stone circles, pyramids, petroglyphs, and underground temples-any construction durable enough to protect the circle's sacred knowledge even against a great cataclysm. Star Map: You've created a star chart as part of your heavenly studies. It is a Tiny object and can serve as a spellcasting focus for your druid spells. Star Map: A collection of maps bound in an ebony cover *You know the guidance cantrip. *You have the guiding bolt spell prepared. It counts as a druid spell for you, and it doesn't count against the number of spells you can have prepared. *You can cast guiding bolt without expending a spell slot. You can do so a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. If you lose the map, you can perform a 1-hour ceremony to magically create a replacement. This ceremony can be performed during a short or long rest, and it destroys the previous map. Starry Form: As a bonus action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to take on a starry form, rather than transforming into a beast. While in your starry form, you retain your game statistics, but your body becomes luminous; your joints glimmer like stars, and glowing lines connect them as on a star chart. This form sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The form lasts for 10 minutes. It ends early if you dismiss it (no action required), are incapacitated, die, or use this feature again. Whenever you assume your starry form, choose which of the following constellations glimmers on your body; your choice gives you certain benefits while in the form: *Archer: A constellation of an archer appears on you. When you activate this form, and as a bonus action on your subsequent turns while it lasts, you can make a ranged spell attack, hurling a luminous arrow that targets one creature within 60 feet of you. On a hit, the attack deals radiant damage equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Chalice: A constellation of a life-giving goblet appears on you. Whenever you cast a spell using a spell slot that restores hit points to a creature, you or another creature within 30 feet of you can regain hit points equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier. *Dragon: A constellation of a wise dragon appears on you. When you make an Intelligence or a Wisdom check or a Constitution saving throw to maintain concentration on a spell, you can treat a roll of 9 or lower on the d20 as a 10. Wild Shape Improvement: At 4th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. Cantrip Versatility: 4th-level druid optional feature Whenever you reach a level in this class that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can replace one cantrip you learned from this class's Spellcasting feature with another cantrip from the druid spell list. Druid Circle Feature: At 6th level, you gain a feature granted by your Druid Circle. Cosmic Omen: Whenever you finish a long rest, you can consult your Star Map for omens. When you do so, roll a die. Until you finish your next long rest, you gain access to a special reaction based on whether you rolled an even or an odd number on the die: *Weal (even): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and add the number rolled to the total. *Woe (odd): Whenever a creature you can see within 30 feet of you is about to make an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to roll a d6 and subtract the number rolled from the total. You can use this reaction a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. Wild Shape Improvement: At 8th level, your Wild Shape improves as shown on the Beast Shapes table. War Caster: You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits: *You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage. *You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands. *When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature. Frost Lord's Defeat: A lord has fallen. *+1 Life Bonus AC *+10% HP (8) *Permanent +1 to all Ability Saves

ร—
ร—