OoC - Out of Chocowaves

paladinred

I stand by my rationale that undead should be more vulnerable to illusions than regular people because they're mindless, but it's rather moot if we don't have a noisy illusion. I thought Flynn had minor illusion, my mistake, his sheet seems to list it.

Have had thaumaturgy looking at his sheet, which could make a thunderous boom? That might draw their attention, layered on top of a silent image of a demon appearing in a puff of smoke?

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

There are a million and one ways to make noise, tie two or even three lengths of rope together and an old bucket or some such item (bound to be something lying about) then have one PC sneak along in one direction and place the object on the floor. They then get back to the others and pull the rope as you move, let go once the undead have taken the bait.

That is only one way, I am sure you can come up with others.😂

6 hours ago, PureChance said:

I stand by my rationale that undead should be more vulnerable to illusions than regular people because they're mindless, but it's rather moot if we don't have a noisy illusion. I thought Flynn had minor illusion, my mistake, his sheet seems to list it.

Have had thaumaturgy looking at his sheet, which could make a thunderous boom? That might draw their attention, layered on top of a silent image of a demon appearing in a puff of smoke?

Actually, thats my mistake. I do have minor illusion as a centrip. I could create a scream, at the very least I can test to see if it does work on undead. It does have a short range tho, 30 feet I think. So, Flynn can sneak one way cast the spell, and as soon. As the undead react. Everyone can make a run for it.

I am ok with trying it. Just at work right now on my phone, so a full post is a little more difficult. But, i am ok with you making the appropriate rolls. Just to keep us moving.

Jacerin will cast augury specifying this plan in that case (Flynn sneaks forward and casts minor illusion & silent image to distract undead, then runs back, then Jacerin casts pass without trace and we sneak in through the open door)

The only items Jac would use are the rapier and Shortsword, but someone else may get better use out of them (thinking Miyuki for the rapier maybe, or Flynn). Gav may get more use out of the Shortsword too, depending on how often he ends in melee.

I guess Flynn and Veth are the only other who would want the armour, and Veth would probably end up in melee more, but it becomes irrelevant in beast form?

Selena might as well take the +1 shield as well, and she and Jac are the only ones who seem to use them

I am assuming that if I am in beast form, I wouldn't get the benefit of the armor. So I haven't decided to speak up for anything. A ring of protection would be more beneficial etc. I can craft my own spears in my down time with my racial, they aren't magical, but crude bone/stone tools.

I can't see anyone else using the spear if you don't want it, no one else attacks off strength save Selena who took the mace and is presumably planning pseudo front line with mace & spirit guardians. Another reason for her to take the shield I guess

Yeah, I am kinda weird about magic items and stuff. Plus with the limit of 3 magic items (artificer aside), special items that require attunement, I haven't really been interested in anything that my character wouldn't use anyways. I have gone through that mindset when I make characters, that I try to start off with items that I want already. Fortunately for 5e, magic items are not as vital compared to 3e/pathfinder games, where you end up needing crazy high attack bonus, or AC and saves to survive sometimes.

I have a level 16 Dwarven Fighter Rune Knight. The GM allowed me to have the Hammer of Thunderbolts, Gauntlets of Ogre power, and Belt of Cloud Giant Str (27). Then he told me, I didn't have to attune the gauntlets, so I was able to pick up a special ring that gives me proficiency bonus in all saves. So I was like yay!

Flynn already has two magic blades, His shortsword and the found dagger.

He could technically use the rapier... But, its not his preference.

Armor would be the only other thing he would be interested in at all. But, it might be better on the ranger or druid.

And, As for wild shape. I think it depends on the shape you take, and the DM's interpretation. Since you can have it meld with you, so it doesnt get lost. Drop it, so it can be used. Or continue wearing it. And since most magic armor will change size to fit, to a degree. There is an argument to be made that you could still wear magical armor or a shield. Being a raptor... Its going to be a DM call. Personally, I could see armor... Since you are bipedal, just oddly proportioned compared to normal humanoid builds. But the arms are smaller, and focused more forward, so a shield seems more likely to get in the way... But... at the same time... The magic bonus of it might work if you just hold it but cant really deflect blows with it?

long round about way of saying it's a DM call... but... I'm all for a raptor in leather armor with a shield.

1 hour ago, slinkman00 said:

Flynn already has two magic blades, His shortsword and the found dagger.

He could technically use the rapier... But, its not his preference.

Armor would be the only other thing he would be interested in at all. But, it might be better on the ranger or druid.

And, As for wild shape. I think it depends on the shape you take, and the DM's interpretation. Since you can have it meld with you, so it doesnt get lost. Drop it, so it can be used. Or continue wearing it. And since most magic armor will change size to fit, to a degree. There is an argument to be made that you could still wear magical armor or a shield. Being a raptor... Its going to be a DM call. Personally, I could see armor... Since you are bipedal, just oddly proportioned compared to normal humanoid builds. But the arms are smaller, and focused more forward, so a shield seems more likely to get in the way... But... at the same time... The magic bonus of it might work if you just hold it but cant really deflect blows with it?

long round about way of saying it's a DM call... but... I'm all for a raptor in leather armor with a shield.

Ah, yeah it looks like it's more relaxed than D&D 3rd edition. I guess, if it hasn't been taken, I could use the armor, but as for a shield, it would merge with me

Oh I thought she was a bladesinger, my bad.

Though turns out Jacerin literally can't use it, as trickster clerics don't have martial proficiency.

Other option would be giving it to Flynn and taking his dagger, but presumably he wants the option of two weapon fighting

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)