OoC - Out of Chocowaves

paladinred

I think it might be a good time to mention things you see and things that see you, not all encounters will be fights. Some might be that you need to sneak past something, something that might be two or three times your level. The flying creature is a Balor, if he sees you you will need to take cover, somewhere.

So, we head to the house that we can see? And try to keep a low profile so the Balor doesn't see us?

Does the sandstorm seem to be affecting its flight? I mean. A lot of time kind of passes in the post. Does the Balor come closer? Move further? Stay generally same distance? I'm sure it's not the only thing to worry about... but since we can see it, we probably should at least keep an eye on it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, how many rounds were we stunned for? Also I can't locate what the DC was for the save.

Finally, from what I found out in my 15th level game. When you make a successful save to break the stun effect. You take no other actions that round. You are just freed from the stun at the END of your turn. I fell prone, but I don't think it is a requirement of being stunned.

I am sure there may be other circumstances that can release you from a stun and still be able to make an action, but not off the top of my head.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

I think we are on round 2, with the Vrock already posted its actions for the round. It might make sense for Red to header their post as to what round and which block. Ie round 2 block 1 and at the end something like round 2 block 2 up to post. I have even seen some DMs do a combat tracker thread that they update where we are in Combat, breaking down who is in what block and so forth. This is our first combat so bound to have hiccups until we get a groove as to what works. Also, I am guessing we are pretty close to finished with this combat if anyone actually hits it this round.

The Vrock's screech attack only affects us for one round after that we should be good.

Stunning Screech (Su)Once per hour a vrock can emit a piercing screech. All creatures except for demons within a 30-foot radius must succeed on a DC 22 Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

The Vrock's screech attack only affects us for one round after that we should be good.

Stunning Screech (Su)

Thanks, I don't want to assume monster abilities, because they could be completely different from the default statblocks.

I'm not sure how long the Screach lasts. I hate making assumptions on those sorts of things, in case its an unusual creature. But, if thats right. Everyone should be free to act, after the Vrock's turn.

I've also started copy/pasting the initiative order in a spoiler tag. If it helps, we can all do that? Or just "@" whomever is next up.