You make it up the basement level of the keep to find Pib and Zarf waiting for you. They don't keep you from continuing up to the courtyard, but looks over all of you with interest (and Detect Magic).

Pib: "Our servants..."

Zarf: "... favored servants..."

Pib: "... favored servants have returned."

Zarf: "They bring treasure?"

Pib: "Yes. Tribute for our horde."

They quickly look over most of you, giving a little more attention to Braz'i, who they've never seen before. They both look to Kyros.

Zarf: "You have a servant?"

Pib: "You have a servant!"

Zarf: "You bring tribute?"

Pib: "No. It is a command."

Zarf: "You bring tribute!"

They look intensely waiting Kyros' answer. They told Kyros to bring meats, but he knows that they also mean treasure for their mitey horde.

I prior meeting with Pib and ZarfContent...Kyros spends the first day just convincing the duo of his burgeoning draconic abilities. The second day Pib and Zarf debate on his ranking. They decide Kyros is a Significant Dragon, which is just above Meaningful Dragon and below Powerful Dragon. After that they urge Kyros to find a lair. He'll need one to keep his treasure- hoard- hoard in and to house his minions. Until he's ready for that, though, they're willing to allow him to remain one of their favored servants and to remain in their servant-lair (Citadel Altaerein).

Also, they expect him to bring them meat when he visits them.
<<< Click to see

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Kuz'Arak 98/98 HP 2/3 AP;
Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 102/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Kyros 123/123 HP 3/3 AP; Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Resist Fire 10
Garion 99/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

spacer.png

Drasil smiles warmly at his companions as the phantasm is dissipated.

"Certainly Kuz'Arak. A nightmare in an Aiudara... I get no satisfaction seeing that maw mar the Short Path. It's Profane, and one day it might get lucky. But i'm no magician. You all would know better the Art to Banish it for good."

At their warm welcome Drasil Smiles, and gives a deep military bow.

"Well met Breachhill.","Good to see you again, Pip, Zarf" he says with with a distinct yapping kobold accent.

"yes, it would be good to update the
Seneschal. But town is some ways away? If they are near, Bul'Ro should see his sister. Is Kajimara in the fortress or in town?" He rubs the Wargling affectionately on the back of his head.

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 114/114 +0 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |

spacer.png

Kyros smiles warmly at his two kobold friends. Getting down on his knee he says "Mighty dragons, I bring tribute for the horde, and news from far to the South." He proceeds to tell the two of the kobolds they met in the Expanse, including the mysterious elder at the Ciderclaw mine. And because he is still grateful to Pib and Zarf for the magic scale, he offers them the Jade Cat token they found so long ago. The magical statuette should make a fine addition to the horde, but just in case he promises to return with bacon from Breachill once they visit the town.

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak smiles as the goblins welcome them to the keep. Upon Drasil's suggestion of Kajimara, the Iruxi nods "Yes, I think that would be a wonderful idea. They have been apart for a long time. I'm sure they have plenty to catch up on. And hopefully the lessons they've learned will be shared between them as they continue to grow. But for now I think the Senechal takes presedent. We have no plans to leave Breachill again anytime soon. We will have time for all that must be done. Not all must be done tonight. "

Actions

Kuz'Arak

Bul'Ro

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Bul’Ro | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

Edited by Nwise (see edit history)

Don't forget that you were given a lot of food (meat) for your return journey. You think that the Ekujae may not really have understood just how 'short' your trip would actually be.

Pib and Zarf seem to barely hear anything once Kyros presents his tribute. Their appreciation is expressed in bickering over the cat and their hopeful glances for more. The pair also seem to take some note of what Kyros says about the other kobolds.

He may have to repeat his news at a later time.

As Kyros is presenting the tribute to your Mighty Dragon Masters, the rest of you continue up the stairs to the courtyard. As you near the end, you can hear your ally Tum Highguard arguing with someone. Garion cringes as he hears the voice of Amera Lang.

Suddenly, Bul'Ro starts barking his excitement. A similar barking starts from above. Angry, hissing/grunting sounds follow that. But it's the massive roaring that brings the shrieks of fear, calls for calm, and general chaos and commotion.

Drasil and Kuz'Arak know the sounds of the animals, Kujimara, Bul'Ro's sister, Ref, Yef, and Gref, the goblin dogs, and Big Bumble, the bear.

Kyros is at the back, but the rest of you can easily reach the courtyard. I don't know why you would want to, but that's just me.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

ao2ycQx.jpg?1

Braz'i found the attention of the kobolds, cacophony of the animals above and general livliness of the fortress a little overwhelming. He kept mostly to himself, not interacting much and his eyes downcast when someone was attentive to him, but looking around curiously at others. For the last few years of his life attention from others usually meant pain or suffering were not far behind. He liked to keep mostly to himself at the best of times. Leaving his community had many reasons but an enjoyment of his own company and experiencing the world were no small part of this.

"This place is.... safe? I will look around." he said to his hero Kyros before venturing out to what looked like an open area. The courtyard.

OOC

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Reaction:

Stat Block

Braz'i the BeaterBard 9

N, Small, Halfling, Wildwood Halfling, Humanoid

Perception +16;
Languages Common, Halfling
Skills Acrobatics +15, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +19, Lore: Warfare +11, Medicine +14, Occultism +11, Performance +19, Stealth +15, Survival +14
Str +0, Dex +4, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +4
Items +1 Resilient Leather, Folding Drums, Mentalist's Staff, Pendant of the Occult, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Spellbook (Blank), Healing Potion (Lesser), Darkvision Elixir (Moderate), Flask of Fellowship, Scroll of Object Reading, Scroll of Pocket Library, Scroll of Comprehend Language

AC 27; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +19; Resolve
HP 96

Speed 30 feet
Melee +1 Fighting Stick +12 (Uncommon, Backswing, Halfling, Nonlethal, Shove, Magical), Damage 1d6 B
Ranged +1 Striking Shortbow +16 (Deadly d10, Magical), Damage 2d6 P
Halfling Luck action_free.png
Bon Mot action_single.png
Folding Drums action_single.png
Occult Known Spells DC 27, attack +17; 5th Synesthesia, Shadow Siphon (2 slots); 4th Silence (H+2), Resist Energy (H+2), Restoration (H+2) (3 slots); 3rd Slow ☆, Invisibility Sphere, Fear (H+2) (3 slots); 2nd Telekinetic Maneuver, Dispel Magic ☆, Hideous Laughter (3 slots); 1st Summon Fey, Phantom Pain, Schadenfreude, Soothe ☆ (3 slots); Cantrips Daze, Shield, Haunting Hymn, Telekinetic Projectile, Bullhorn
Focus Spells (3 points) Counter Performance action_reaction.pngArea 60-foot emanation Your performance protects you and your allies. Roll a Performance check for a type you know: an auditory performance if the trigger was auditory, or a visual one for a visual trigger. You and allies in the area can use the better result between your Performance check and the saving throw.
Inspire Courage action_single.pngArea 60-foot emanation Duration 1 round You inspire your allies with words or tunes of encouragement. You and all allies in the area gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear effects.
Lingering Composition action_free.pngYou add a flourish to your composition to extend its benefits. If your next action is to cast a cantrip composition with a duration of 1 round, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a standard-difficulty DC of a level equal to the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The composition lasts 4 rounds. Success The composition lasts 3 rounds. Failure The composition lasts 1 round, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Dirge of Doom action_single.pngArea 30-foot emanation Duration 1 round Foes within the area are frightened 1. They can't reduce their frightened value below 1 while they remain in the area.
Inspire Heroics action_free.pngYou call upon your muse to greatly increase the benefits you provide to your allies with your inspire courage or inspire defense composition. If your next action is to cast inspire courage or inspire defense, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a very hard DC of a level equal to that of the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect of your inspire courage or inspire defense composition depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The status bonus from your inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +3. Success The status bonus from inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +2. Failure Your inspire courage or inspire defense provides only its normal bonus of +1, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Additional Feats Adopted Ancestry, Assurance, Battle Cry, Cat Fall, Dirge of Doom, Esoteric Polymath, Guiding Luck, Inspire Heroics, Lingering Composition, Multifarious Muse, Nimble Elf, Toughness, Versatile Performance, Virtuosic Performer, Wildwood Halfling
Additional Specials Adopted Ancestry (Elf), Assurance (Medicine), Great Fortitude, Keen Eyes, Multifarious Muse (Polymath), Muses (Maestro), Signature Spells

The confusion and chaos does not bring the word safe to Braz'i's mind. There are goblins and humans and members of other races scrambling about, animals running amok, a dwarf trying to regain order, and a small goblin child trying to wrangle the animals.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak smiles broadly as he hears the commotion above "It seems your sister has missed you Bul'Ro! Quickly! Up the stairs and give her a warriors welcome! Go Quickly now!" The Iruxi points up the stair well and towards the sounds above, urging Bul'ro on.

Seeing Braz'i overwhelmed by the commotion, he places a hand on his allies shoulder. "Dont worry friend. Things will calm down once we've had time to settle. We'll make the appropriate introductions once the excitement has died down. For now, please be welcome to your home so long as you choose to claim it as your own. Welcome to citadel Alterian!"

Actions

Kuz'Arak

Bul'Ro

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 8 | AC 26 (28) | HP 88 | Per +16|Speed 25 | Fort: 14 Ref: 16 Will: 16

Bul’Ro | animal companion 8 | AC 26 | HP 86 | Per +15 | Speed 40 | Fort: 16 ;Ref: 18 Will: 15

Bul'Ro bounds up the stairs and fights/roughly plays with his sister. Bul'Ro quickly gets the upper hand in their tussle. Then Ref and Gref come over (no sign of Yef). The two wargs start in on them. The pair of goblin dogs quickly run away. The people continue to run about or try to establish order. In the middle of it all, the tiny Dackle stands in front of the over large Big Bumble and cows the bear.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

Garion enters the courtyard and smiles at all the chaos. He turns to his friends, "Ahhh ... it's good to be home, isn't it?" He takes in the scenery.

Hearing the mighty Tum Highguard's voice, the gnome strolls up and claps the dwarf on the back. "How ya been, old friend? We sure miss you on the road." Sensing an angry Amera Lang, he whispers to Tum, "While we fought cultists and vrocks, I think you might have had the tougher battle!" Turning to Amera, he smiles, "So good to see you Miss Lang. How is the Posandi family these days? You seem upset. How can I help?" Garion easily tunes out the chaos and listens to Amera.

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 99/89 | Per +15 | F:+15, R:+15, W:+15 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/4/4/3

Garion can tell that Amera is accustomed to being in and having control. The scene has her confused. That is until Garion greets her. She focuses in on the gnome. He can see her confidence return as she stands in her authoritative way. Just as Amera is opening her mouth to say something, Rorsk Axebane's bellow gets his dwarven masons in line. Order has begun to return to the courtyard.

Garion takes note:

When Kyros comes out of the stairwell, Amera takes notice and interest. She shuts up for a minute.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

Smiling, Drasil keeps his eye on the Chaos, lest it break into true violence. Luckily it seems not to be the case. The children are simply playing as chidden do.

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 114/114 +0 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |

Once the Bumblebrashears see Drasil, the tallest member of their tribe, they begin to move enmasse toward him. They cheer in joy at seeing him and call out to him to save them.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

ao2ycQx.jpg?1

Braz'i nodded his thanks to Kuz'Arak.

"Home... A home," Braz'i repeatedly softly to himself. He looked around and took everything in. The chaos. The camaraderie. The roles everyone seemed to have. It felt strange. But he hadn't had a home in a long time and the Bravos had long ago earnt is trust and respect. A chance to settle somewhere after their campaign against the evil dragon cult was just what the halfling needed.

"Home." he said again with more conviction.

Braz'i took out his drums and looked for someone to soothe or entertain whilst the others take control of their home again. Children would be preferable, they typically were less fussy than adults, but Braz'i just wanted to make good impression and start to find a niche he could fit into in his new home.

OOC

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Reaction:

Stat Block

Braz'i the BeaterBard 9

N, Small, Halfling, Wildwood Halfling, Humanoid

Perception +16;
Languages Common, Halfling
Skills Acrobatics +15, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +19, Lore: Warfare +11, Medicine +14, Occultism +11, Performance +19, Stealth +15, Survival +14
Str +0, Dex +4, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +4
Items +1 Resilient Leather, Folding Drums, Mentalist's Staff, Pendant of the Occult, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Spellbook (Blank), Healing Potion (Lesser), Darkvision Elixir (Moderate), Flask of Fellowship, Scroll of Object Reading, Scroll of Pocket Library, Scroll of Comprehend Language

AC 27; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +19; Resolve
HP 96

Speed 30 feet
Melee +1 Fighting Stick +12 (Uncommon, Backswing, Halfling, Nonlethal, Shove, Magical), Damage 1d6 B
Ranged +1 Striking Shortbow +16 (Deadly d10, Magical), Damage 2d6 P
Halfling Luck action_free.png
Bon Mot action_single.png
Folding Drums action_single.png
Occult Known Spells DC 27, attack +17; 5th Synesthesia, Shadow Siphon (2 slots); 4th Silence (H+2), Resist Energy (H+2), Restoration (H+2) (3 slots); 3rd Slow ☆, Invisibility Sphere, Fear (H+2) (3 slots); 2nd Telekinetic Maneuver, Dispel Magic ☆, Hideous Laughter (3 slots); 1st Summon Fey, Phantom Pain, Schadenfreude, Soothe ☆ (3 slots); Cantrips Daze, Shield, Haunting Hymn, Telekinetic Projectile, Bullhorn
Focus Spells (3 points) Counter Performance action_reaction.pngArea 60-foot emanation Your performance protects you and your allies. Roll a Performance check for a type you know: an auditory performance if the trigger was auditory, or a visual one for a visual trigger. You and allies in the area can use the better result between your Performance check and the saving throw.
Inspire Courage action_single.pngArea 60-foot emanation Duration 1 round You inspire your allies with words or tunes of encouragement. You and all allies in the area gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear effects.
Lingering Composition action_free.pngYou add a flourish to your composition to extend its benefits. If your next action is to cast a cantrip composition with a duration of 1 round, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a standard-difficulty DC of a level equal to the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The composition lasts 4 rounds. Success The composition lasts 3 rounds. Failure The composition lasts 1 round, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Dirge of Doom action_single.pngArea 30-foot emanation Duration 1 round Foes within the area are frightened 1. They can't reduce their frightened value below 1 while they remain in the area.
Inspire Heroics action_free.pngYou call upon your muse to greatly increase the benefits you provide to your allies with your inspire courage or inspire defense composition. If your next action is to cast inspire courage or inspire defense, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a very hard DC of a level equal to that of the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect of your inspire courage or inspire defense composition depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The status bonus from your inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +3. Success The status bonus from inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +2. Failure Your inspire courage or inspire defense provides only its normal bonus of +1, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Additional Feats Adopted Ancestry, Assurance, Battle Cry, Cat Fall, Dirge of Doom, Esoteric Polymath, Guiding Luck, Inspire Heroics, Lingering Composition, Multifarious Muse, Nimble Elf, Toughness, Versatile Performance, Virtuosic Performer, Wildwood Halfling
Additional Specials Adopted Ancestry (Elf), Assurance (Medicine), Great Fortitude, Keen Eyes, Multifarious Muse (Polymath), Muses (Maestro), Signature Spells

Name
Performance to entertain
1d20+19 13

spacer.png

Kyros nods warmly to the halfling bard before turning back to his two little dragon friends. While they are distracted he starts getting some of the bountiful supplies from the Ekaju out of his pack, setting out two equal shares of meat for the kobolds. He registers the commotion from above, but it doesn't sounds dangerous (yet) so he comes up late to the chaos.

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1