ao2ycQx.jpg?1

Braz'i spent the next week settling into the Citadel and spent many of his days travelling to the town nearby. He'd never seen a settlement of its nature before! He'd seen some of the settlements, even larger ones, on his travels - but buildings and layout were quite different. He didn't spend time over analysing it however and spent some of his time shopping with Garion, looking out for items that appealred to him, or that he thought might be helpful in their further endeavours against Dahak's followers. He also spent time prying more out of his companions about Alsetta's ring and what they had learnt about it.

After his second trip to the settlement, Braz'i saw a performer entertain the crowd at a tavern. The little halfling was captivated. So many people surging and joining in with the performer's music in such a rowdy and carousing manner brought a creasing smile to the halfling's typically stoic face. In a short break he asked if he could accompany the performer...

OOC

Brazi will spend his week shopping - keen to know what is possible

He'll also 'earn incorme' if he can can with his performance ability - I'll add a roll, tell me how many days and the DC of the task so I can work out how much he earns.

If there is time left he is going to 'gather information' around the town about the town itself, the Bravo's previous exploits and anything that might be of interest to the others.

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Reaction:

Stat Block

Braz'i the BeaterBard 9

N, Small, Halfling, Wildwood Halfling, Humanoid

Perception +16;
Languages Common, Halfling
Skills Acrobatics +15, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +19, Lore: Warfare +11, Medicine +14, Occultism +11, Performance +19, Stealth +15, Survival +14
Str +0, Dex +4, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +4
Items +1 Resilient Leather, Folding Drums, Mentalist's Staff, Pendant of the Occult, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Spellbook (Blank), Healing Potion (Lesser), Darkvision Elixir (Moderate), Flask of Fellowship, Scroll of Object Reading, Scroll of Pocket Library, Scroll of Comprehend Language

AC 27; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +19; Resolve
HP 96

Speed 30 feet
Melee +1 Fighting Stick +12 (Uncommon, Backswing, Halfling, Nonlethal, Shove, Magical), Damage 1d6 B
Ranged +1 Striking Shortbow +16 (Deadly d10, Magical), Damage 2d6 P
Halfling Luck action_free.png
Bon Mot action_single.png
Folding Drums action_single.png
Occult Known Spells DC 27, attack +17; 5th Synesthesia, Shadow Siphon (2 slots); 4th Silence (H+2), Resist Energy (H+2), Restoration (H+2) (3 slots); 3rd Slow ☆, Invisibility Sphere, Fear (H+2) (3 slots); 2nd Telekinetic Maneuver, Dispel Magic ☆, Hideous Laughter (3 slots); 1st Summon Fey, Phantom Pain, Schadenfreude, Soothe ☆ (3 slots); Cantrips Daze, Shield, Haunting Hymn, Telekinetic Projectile, Bullhorn
Focus Spells (3 points) Counter Performance action_reaction.pngArea 60-foot emanation Your performance protects you and your allies. Roll a Performance check for a type you know: an auditory performance if the trigger was auditory, or a visual one for a visual trigger. You and allies in the area can use the better result between your Performance check and the saving throw.
Inspire Courage action_single.pngArea 60-foot emanation Duration 1 round You inspire your allies with words or tunes of encouragement. You and all allies in the area gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear effects.
Lingering Composition action_free.pngYou add a flourish to your composition to extend its benefits. If your next action is to cast a cantrip composition with a duration of 1 round, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a standard-difficulty DC of a level equal to the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The composition lasts 4 rounds. Success The composition lasts 3 rounds. Failure The composition lasts 1 round, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Dirge of Doom action_single.pngArea 30-foot emanation Duration 1 round Foes within the area are frightened 1. They can't reduce their frightened value below 1 while they remain in the area.
Inspire Heroics action_free.pngYou call upon your muse to greatly increase the benefits you provide to your allies with your inspire courage or inspire defense composition. If your next action is to cast inspire courage or inspire defense, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a very hard DC of a level equal to that of the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect of your inspire courage or inspire defense composition depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The status bonus from your inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +3. Success The status bonus from inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +2. Failure Your inspire courage or inspire defense provides only its normal bonus of +1, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Additional Feats Adopted Ancestry, Assurance, Battle Cry, Cat Fall, Dirge of Doom, Esoteric Polymath, Guiding Luck, Inspire Heroics, Lingering Composition, Multifarious Muse, Nimble Elf, Toughness, Versatile Performance, Virtuosic Performer, Wildwood Halfling
Additional Specials Adopted Ancestry (Elf), Assurance (Medicine), Great Fortitude, Keen Eyes, Multifarious Muse (Polymath), Muses (Maestro), Signature Spells

Name
Performance to earn income
1d20+19 4
Diplomcy to gather information
1d20+19 19

You can attempt Earn Income up to level 5 at this time.

The traveling minstrel does not want Braz'i to join them, but an elf named Trinil Uskwold of the Wizard's Grace tavern and Brynne Taithe of the Cayden's Keg tavern both offer you a stage to perform on.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Kuz'Arak 98/98 HP 2/3 AP;
Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 102/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Kyros 123/123 HP 3/3 AP; Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Resist Fire 10
Garion 99/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

Garion finds time between meetings to head into town with the group. As they walk, he turns to Braz'i, "You'll like Crink Twiddleton, a charismatic halfling like yourself! He's the proprietor at Quarters and Bits -- finest merchandise in all of Breachill." Garion takes in the sights on the walk ... very happy to be back home.

Upon arriving at Quarters and Bits, Garion finds Crink as he's smooth-talking some potential shoppers. After the conversation, Garion steps forward beaming, "Crink old friend! How's business?" Waving the newest Breachill Bravo over, Garion continues, "This is Braz'i. He's the newest member of our little Breachill family. I've been telling him this is the place to go for all his business needs. I trust you'll treat him as one of us!"

Garion moves to the long countertop and begins unpacking items from his Bag of Holding. "Speaking of that, do you have time to do some trading? We've collected an assortment of fine goods in our travels." After some back-and-forth negotiations, Garion and Crink settle on a price.

(Each of the 5 PCs receive 794.4 gp, plus 1 Lesser Elixir of Life and 1 Lesser Antiplague. See Bookkeeping page for details.)

Garion then browses the well-stocked establishment.

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 99/89 | Per +15 | F:+15, R:+15, W:+15 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/4/4/3

Crink's attitude lifts when Garion comes in. He quickly finishes his business with his current patrons and ushers them out turning the shop's sign to closed so he can focus on Garion and the Bravos. You witness the dance of words between the effervescent gnome and the enthusiastic halfling.

Crink talks big about how everything is damaged or old. Garion tells of their exotic origins. Crink points out that there are so many of some items that their origin doesn't matter. Garion suggests that Crink's reputation will only soar and spread with these items in his inventory. Crink denies that any of the items have any real value here or elsewhere. Garion vaguely suggests that it would be possible that they could obtain more items of so little worth for Crink to offer in his store. Eventually they clasp hands as they come to an agreement.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

ao2ycQx.jpg?1

Braz'i enjoyed his time settling into the settlement, particularly performing at Cayden's Keg, and to a lesser extend the Wizard's Grace. The proprietor of the Keg, Brynne, made him feel right at home and slowly loosened his tongue to tell tales of the Bravo's adventures. Performing as often as she would have him, Braz'i felt good to make some gold without needing to put himself, or others, in harms way.

The halfling enjoyed having Garion show him the ropes of the town. Seeing the settlement through the gnome's more extroverted viewpoint was a good counterpoint for his own more reserved approach. He particularly enjoyed Garion's influence with Crink the shopkeep. He let the gnome's negotiation complete and then took out his little used staff and well-worn drum.

"These are also for sale," he said simply.

"However, only if you have adequate replacements in stock. Could you please show me your wares. Your shop is so full of wonderful stock I might quickly lose myself."

OOC

Braz'i made a hella good gather info roll (38) in the last post. Anything juicy to share from that?

He rolled 23 for performance. Level 5 task is DC20. Mastery in performance is 1gp a day. Over a 'week' lets say he performs 5 days? = 5gp extra.

Mentalist Staff = 90gp, sell at half value = 45 gp

Folding Drums = 160 gp, sell at half value = 80gp.

Braz'i will put an extra 100gp back in the pot for the team given he took the anytool (everyone else takes an additional 25GP making their take - 819.4 gp)

Leaves Braz'is own take at: 924.4 gp to spend. Let's see if Crink has what we want in stock (assuming he will but keen for feedback from group in OOC on potential purchases)

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Reaction:

Stat Block

Braz'i the BeaterBard 9

Perception +16;
Skills Acrobatics +15, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +19, Lore: Warfare +11, Medicine +14, Occultism +11, Performance +19, Stealth +15, Survival +14
Items +1 Resilient Leather, Folding Drums, Mentalist's Staff, Pendant of the Occult, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Spellbook (Blank), Healing Potion (Lesser), Darkvision Elixir (Moderate), Flask of Fellowship, Scroll of Object Reading, Scroll of Pocket Library, Scroll of Comprehend Language

HP 96

Speed 30 feet
Melee +1 Fighting Stick +12 (Uncommon, Backswing, Halfling, Nonlethal, Shove, Magical), Damage 1d6 B
Occult Known Spells DC 27, attack +17; 5th Synesthesia, Shadow Siphon (2 slots); 4th Silence (H+2), Resist Energy (H+2), Restoration (H+2) (3 slots); 3rd Slow ☆, Invisibility Sphere, Fear (H+2) (3 slots); 2nd Telekinetic Maneuver, Dispel Magic ☆, Hideous Laughter (3 slots); 1st Summon Fey, Phantom Pain, Schadenfreude, Soothe ☆ (3 slots); Cantrips Daze, Shield, Haunting Hymn, Telekinetic Projectile, Bullhorn
Focus Spells (3 points) Counter Performance action_reaction.pngArea 60-foot emanation Your performance protects you and your allies. Roll a Performance check for a type you know: an auditory performance if the trigger was auditory, or a visual one for a visual trigger. You and allies in the area can use the better result between your Performance check and the saving throw.
Inspire Courage action_single.pngArea 60-foot emanation Duration 1 round You inspire your allies with words or tunes of encouragement. You and all allies in the area gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear effects.
Lingering Composition action_free.pngYou add a flourish to your composition to extend its benefits. If your next action is to cast a cantrip composition with a duration of 1 round, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a standard-difficulty DC of a level equal to the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The composition lasts 4 rounds. Success The composition lasts 3 rounds. Failure The composition lasts 1 round, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Dirge of Doom action_single.pngArea 30-foot emanation Duration 1 round Foes within the area are frightened 1. They can't reduce their frightened value below 1 while they remain in the area.
Inspire Heroics action_free.pngYou call upon your muse to greatly increase the benefits you provide to your allies with your inspire courage or inspire defense composition. If your next action is to cast inspire courage or inspire defense, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a very hard DC of a level equal to that of the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect of your inspire courage or inspire defense composition depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The status bonus from your inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +3. Success The status bonus from inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +2. Failure Your inspire courage or inspire defense provides only its normal bonus of +1, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Additional Feats Adopted Ancestry, Assurance, Battle Cry, Cat Fall, Dirge of Doom, Esoteric Polymath, Guiding Luck, Inspire Heroics, Lingering Composition, Multifarious Muse, Nimble Elf, Toughness, Versatile Performance, Virtuosic Performer, Wildwood Halfling
Additional Specials Adopted Ancestry (Elf), Assurance (Medicine), Great Fortitude, Keen Eyes, Multifarious Muse (Polymath), Muses (Maestro), Signature Spells

Edited by allefgib (see edit history)

For Braz'iYou know everything in the General Information thread.

You realize that the return of the Breachill Bravos is the buzz of the town. They are well liked and seen as local celebrities.

Quentin Posandi, seems to be very interested in Kyros. There's no reason for you to think there's any ill will intended, though.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

ao2ycQx.jpg?1

Braz'i perused the shop for over an hour. Finally he returned to Crink holding a snare drum with garish scenes of triumph and battle. Along with a few other less notable items. He held the drum almost reverently.

"This is special," he said in an excited tone.

"I'll buy it please! Oh, and these other things as well. Where did you get it from?"

OOC

924.4 gp to spend.

Drums of War (Greater) - 460gp

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Reaction:

Stat Block

Braz'i the BeaterBard 9

Perception +16;

HP 96

Speed 30 feet

Edited by allefgib (see edit history)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak spends some time in the shops, buying some better equipment now that the group had come into some gold after their journey into the Mwange. He improves his armor, and purchases a powerful mistletoe branch that he spots on the shelves of the store. Finally he purchases a cloak that might help if the group ever finds themselves travelling the dangerous mwange again.

Purchasing

Resilient rune: 340 gp w/ 10% discount

Primeval mistletoe: 207 gp W/10% discount

Coyote Cloak: 54 gp w/ 10% discount

Actions

Kuz'Arak

Bul'Ro

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Bul’Ro | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

spacer.png

Kyros spends his time catching up with the goblins and kobolds at the keep, making a few trips into town to shop when the others go. He finds it stranger to be home in Breachill now, having spent so much time in the Mwangi. Hard to say if either place is really home, though the Bravo's are as much family as he's ever had.

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

Whenever Kyros is in town, he finds himself bumping into Alera. She's nothing like how Garion and Tum describe her. She's charming and polite. She is like this only with Kyros, though. When he's with someone and she happens by, she focuses on him and can be abrupt with others.

Tum likes the new situation and urges Kyros to spend more time in town.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

When the gnome and halfling complete their friendly, albeit height-challenged bartering, Garion admits to Crink, "You always drive a hard bargain, my friend. Always keeping me on my toes!" He smiles and adds, "But, as I tell everyone, your wares are the best in town. Thank you for always treating us so well." While others are making purchases, Garion browses the shop.

Not experienced in the ways of armor, he asks Kuz'Arak to help him purchase a resilient rune for his fine clothing. A short while later, a shiny badge catches his attention. He thinks, "Anything to look more presentable...." And finally, as he's looking in the ewer section of the store, he finds an interesting jug, "One can never have enough refreshment...."

Garion walks to the front to complete the transaction with Crink. "Once again, your shop never disappoints!" He pins the badge to his clothing and makes his way to The Great Dreamhouse, looking forward to paying his respects to the benevolent Desna.

Purchases

Resilient Rune: 340 gp

Diplomat's Badge: 125 gp

Jug of Fond Remembrance: 75 gp

TOTAL: 540 gp - 54 gp (10%) = 486 gp

REMAINING: 794.4 - 486 = 308.4 gp

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 99/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/4/4/3

Edited by ScottGell (see edit history)

At the start of the next week, two missives arrive at the keep.

The first is an invitation for all of the Bravos, named individually, including Tum, to attend a ball held in the honor of the Breachill Bravos. There will be food, dancing, and entertainment. If you are so inclined, there will be a time where any or all of you may address the assembled dignitaries.

The second letter is to Kyros. It smells of a sweet perfume. Letter to KyrosThe letter is written by someone with a smooth, practiced, and, somehow, feminine hand.

My Grand Lord, Kyros,

I understand that there is to be a ball held in your honor. I pray that it pleases you to attend the event. I ask that you allow me to know the color and pattern of your garments to that I may match them.

AL

The paige waits for a response.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

spacer.png

Kyros is thoroughly flabbergasted by the attention from Alera, and while it might make Tum's life simpler, it leaves the tiefling without much idea how to proceed. It's not even that he's opposed really, he just doesn't know much about her and what he's heard from the other Bravos hasn't exactly been stellar. Mostly he hasn't had any experience dealing with folks from that strata of social class, much less courting from a Lady.

His dark blue skin turns a shade of purple as he accepts the letter from the page and reads it. Fumbling for words, he replies "I, um. That is. A ball eh. Isn't that something. I guess I'll come and cut rug up with the rest of the town. Um. That doesn't answer the question. I suppose I'll be getting new threads. Don't really have anything fancy enough. Tell her Lady-ship it'll be black and gold. Assuming I can find something like that." He offers a hopeful smile, not sure what else to say.

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

Over the next few days, each of you either receive letters asking about something concerning the event. A few offer to provide proper attire for a modest fee if the tailor/seamstress is mentioned. Some businesses that have not been allowed to help with the event ask for you to put in a good word for them.

However, it is the expressions of interest in being escorted by the Bravos that are the most numerous. Some simply ask what one or more of the Bravos are wearing so that the interested party can dress similarly. Others arrive with small gifts of affection and an obvious hope that the Bravo will wear it on the night. Some letters, from those who are less experienced in high society, are more direct in asking to be escorted to the event. One farmer even brings his three daughters and two sons to the keep so that the Bravos can get a proper look at them.

As the Bravos go about their business in town, their popularity is glaringly obvious. Braz'i, in particular, garners attention. He is exotic and new.

A few of the eligible Bumblebrashers make sure to spend time with Drasil. Dackle, who is too young to be considered eligible, is around him more as well, though she mostly just rolls her eyes at and makes snide comments about the flirtations of the other goblins.

Drasil Sense Motive 14

Dackle is behaving like a protective little sister.

Drasil Sense Motive 24

She has a crush on Drasil.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

Over the next few days, each of you either receive letters asking about something concerning the event. A few offer to provide proper attire for a modest fee if the tailor/seamstress is mentioned. Some businesses that have not been allowed to help with the event ask for you to put in a good word for them.

However, it is the expressions of interest in being escorted by the Bravos that are the most numerous. Some simply ask what one or more of the Bravos are wearing so that the interested party can dress similarly. Others arrive with small gifts of affection and an obvious hope that the Bravo will wear it on the night. Some letters, from those who are less experienced in high society, are more direct in asking to be escorted to the event. One farmer even brings his three daughters and two sons to the keep so that the Bravos can get a proper look at them.

As the Bravos go about their business in town, their popularity is glaringly obvious. Braz'i, in particular, garners attention. He is exotic and new.

A few of the eligible Bumblebrashers make sure to spend time with Drasil. Dackle, who is too young to be considered eligible, is around him more as well, though she mostly just rolls her eyes at and makes snide comments about the flirtations of the other goblins.

Drasil Sense Motive 14

Dackle is behaving like a protective little sister.

Drasil Sense Motive 24

She has a crush on Drasil.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

Spurned on by the other Bravos purchases, The Elf indulges in a little shopping himself. He finds a willing craftsman easily enough, and purchases a Resilient and Glamored rune, easily worked into his Half plate.

With a thought, he shifts the armor to match the image in his mind. in an instant, it appears as a fine elvish garb in shades of blue. It's in the style of Kyonin, but with Eukaje influences in the selves and pants, decorated with a motif of Wolves.
now this may be useful, the elf thinks to himself.

He spends a few minutes tweaking the embroidery and the cut, until he is satisfied with the result. He has some distant recollection of time spent as a tailor, but the memory quickly sinks to the bottom of his mind. He thinks he looks quite dashing. Between this and His Shifting knife, now presenting as a staff with matching wolf motifs, he thinks himself to have quite the versatile wardrobe.

Clearly some of the Bramblebrashers though to too, if he was reading the situation correctly. More so than with the Eukaje, he turns down the more blatant advances, though never harshly.

Sense Motive

"That's a game for the young I'm afraid" he explains over a meal the other Bravos. "I've already been married, Spring 3999 AR to Fall 4082. Quite young for our kind, it was a small sandal actually..." He drifts off, but his distant smile is soft and genuine. "83 years. 5 children, 22 grandchildren... I lost track of too many for a proper count after that." he chews on his food, seemingly not really listening to what he himself is saying "I couldn't go through that again. Not even amongst other elves. I don't think I could take it." He trails off again, smiling softly and loudly slurping his broth.

Purchases

Resilient Rune: 340 gp

Glamoured rune: 140 gp

TOTAL: = 480 gp

REMAINING: 794.4 - 480 = 314.4 gp

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 114/114 +0 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |

Name
Sense Motive
1d20+15 1