Group B OOC

LDDragon

Its crazy that you're encumbered with bulk 4 given a Str 8... that's an Adventurer's kit, Musical Instrument, a Shortbow, and Light Armor! I'm literally having to go unarmored because of encumbrance. 🤣

4 hours ago, TheRaconteur said:

Has anyone done any Branch activity?

I joined late so I didn't know about it until now.

I don't know if things work differently in group A, but we've been doing study checks each level.

I just added to this thread the base rules we've been using.

There's also this thread showing some examples.

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

So I put my submission in the recruitment section... HERE. The sheet it links to is completed but the application itself isn't finished. 😁

Edit: Any specific spell requests from the occult list (bard) or arcane (sorc dedication) let me know. She's got esoteric polymath so she can add occult spells to her spellbook. It gives her one additional flexible spell each day basically, or one she has in her repertoire can be another signature spell instead.

Her current cantrips are: Bullhorn, Detect Magic, Electric Arc, Guidance, Musical Accompaniment, Needle Darts, Prestidigitation, Shield, Telekinetic Projectile.

1st Level Spells: Fear, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon, Soothe, Summon Fey

2nd Level Spells: Dispel Magic, Illusory Creature, Loose Time's Arrow

It just occurred to me, is there a reason for Magic Weapon with Automatic Bonus Progression in play?

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ryfte said:

So I put my submission in the recruitment section... HERE. The sheet it links to is completed but the application itself isn't finished. 😁

Edit: Any specific spell requests from the occult list (bard) or arcane (sorc dedication) let me know. She's got esoteric polymath so she can add occult spells to her spellbook. It gives her one additional flexible spell each day basically, or one she has in her repertoire can be another signature spell instead.

Her current cantrips are: Bullhorn, Detect Magic, Electric Arc, Guidance, Musical Accompaniment, Needle Darts, Prestidigitation, Shield, Telekinetic Projectile.

1st Level Spells: Fear, Magic Missile, Magic Weapon, Soothe, Summon Fey

2nd Level Spells: Dispel Magic, Illusory Creature, Loose Time's Arrow

It just occurred to me, is there a reason for Magic Weapon with Automatic Bonus Progression in play?

Cool feel free to join the Group B IC thread. 😀

Not sure on he Magic weapon question, as in, I do not know the answer. Other people can feel free to voice opinions.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

Yeah, Magic Weapon is an Item Bonus and the ABP bonus is as well. One of the aspects of ABP is to replace the need for item bonuses to mechanically keep balance. Thus freeing up the DM to have more creative items that do more fun, varied things instead of +1 to attack or +1 to damage. So yeah, I replaced it with Mystic Armor since if she wears armor she's encumbered, lol. Theoretically I would replace it with the ABP later but I think Mystic Armor, if heightened, might be better in the long run than the ABP bonuses, I haven't checked that out yet. 😁

@LDDragon How should I bring her in? Should she have been with another group at the academy? Or perhaps there wasn't an available opening so she'd been solo learning? That would let her not be a newbie there and still apply the academy branch stuff to her.

I'm fine with or without it, either way, just let me know. 👍

Alternately should she be a complete newbie to the academy and just be starting there with some experience under her belt instead?

Oh, also, I was going with the half level starting wealth. That is correct, right?

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

Go with the academy branch stuff. Maybe she was part of another cohort but they left to go on an expedition or something so she has been solo recently. Wandering the grounds, happen to come across this group fighting a statue.

Half level starting wealth yep.

Speaking of Branches and stuffs, when we get to level 3 with our main branch do we get the Dedicated Attendant Bonus, or do we still need to do this "Perquisite" thing?

https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=1475

At 3rd level in a branch, if you have completed your Perquisite, you have proven your commitment to a sufficient degree that your branch promotes and supports you as an affiliated attendant. The first time you reach this level in a branch, you gain the Magaambyan Attendant Dedication feat as a bonus feat (even if you haven't taken enough feats with a previous archetype to take another dedication feat).

I really tried to get a post in yesterday but time got away from me, lol. Post is up for Kiki.

Everyone gains a status bonus: +1 to attacks (all) and +1 to damage (all) as well as +1 on fear saves.

Also, there's now a draxie flying around above the statue pelting it with "sprite" blasts. ;)

I rolled for my summons LDDragon... not sure if you wanted me to do that or if you wanted to take care of that. I figured the less you had to roll and the more I could be proactive with the better but if you'd rather take care of summons rolls just let me know!

Crud, forgot the anadi are meant to be giving advice. Anyone who want to may make use of this action.

Heed Anadi Advice [one-action]
Auditory, Concentrate, Linguistic
You interpret the anadis’ suggestions on how to best assail the terra-cotta soldier’s animating magic. Attempt a DC 19 Arcana or Occultism check, or a DC 24 Perception check.
Critical Success As success, but the status bonus is +2.
Success You gain a +1 status bonus to your attack rolls against the terra-cotta soldier until the end of your turn.
Critical Failure You can’t understand the students’ advice, and the attention you’re paying them causes you to become flat-footed until the start of your next turn.