Questions

Blue Jay

2 hours ago, Grudge said:

So to finish, it's not that I expect Mods to go hunting for wild Feats but simply do something similar for them. Open the spoiler named PF Feats and start updating it with Feats Steel already found and others just add one by one as they come. Yes, it will take some time, but eventually rather than wasting time here you will be able to point to that folder if someone wants to see if Feat allowed or not. In the long run, I think it would save on Mod time, with only rare Feats landing under their feet here and there. And now I really would like to decouple myself from this issue.

Between us we'll update that page, but so far only with the ones Steel pointed out as missing.

If anyone has had approval in their build threads for a PF feat that we haven't updated the list with, it would be a great help if they could tag it as a quote here to prompt us to make the update. 😀

We're only human (or at least multi-class human/human-adjacent) and sometimes things slip through the cracks; this entire chat was useful and, I think, makes us a stronger community for it. 😀

2 hours ago, Delia2531 said:

Between us we'll update that page, but so far only with the ones Steel pointed out as missing.

If anyone has had approval in their build threads for a PF feat that we haven't updated the list with, it would be a great help if they could tag it as a quote here to prompt us to make the update. 😀

We're only human (or at least multi-class human/human-adjacent) and sometimes things slip through the cracks; this entire chat was useful and, I think, makes us a stronger community for it. 😀

Well, that is basically what I was going for (only with Feat democracy so to speak but never mind), Steel found like between 3 and 6 (I did not check), and with 2 old ones that would be say 5-8 preapproved Feats so far. Then don't do anymore as that goes, if Steel or someone else drags the corpse of a preapproved Feat that is not on the list just add it (after making sure whoever dragging that corpse is not BSing you), and make those 5 Feats new beginning, then as new Feats come and get approved or disapproved add them to the list as they come to your docket.

I understand that this is both stressful and time-consuming, having you go hunting for Feats would be ungrateful, so just let them come to you. Since it would be a trickle more than a flood, going over the list once a week and adding a few that were accepted would be less stressful than having the same feat asked about several times. Or simply promote someone to do that job. I am not a Mod but a trusted oldhand just to keep Feat's bookkeeping in check. So Mods can concentrate on doing their job and just write it down in a designated place. I mean it is obvious that I'm pointing at Steel behind his back since he kinda semi-volunteered but since there are a lot of dark alleys around my house I'm not telling it out loud 😂

lol. Yeah since I am a fan of pathfinder and 3.5 as well has PF/3.5 Hybrid games when I see other players using ideas that are intriguing, I tend to take note for my own potential use in the future. I also understand things that can be broken, even in 3.5 and dragon magazine content. Like playing a Grell or Yochlol with 8+ tentacle attacks and so on. Or the Troll with the Fighter acf Pugilist special options.

Iron Jaw: Whenever the pugilist suffers nonlethal damage, the damage is reduced by a number equal to the pugilist's Constitution bonus. The pugilist also gains a +1 bonus to saves to resist any attack that would leave her stunned.

Shake it Off: The pugilist develops non-lethal damage only and reduces the duration of all stunning effects by 1 round, with a minimum of 1 round. The pugilist can take this ability multiple times; its effects stack.

As for PF content. Look at the Shikigami feat chain. You can throw an improvised weapon and treat it 3x larger than it's original size. My halfling throws rocks that deal like 1d6 damage, And with the Rogue Archetypes, being able to throw a 4d6 bomb and sneak attack with it for another 4d6 if I move 10' in a round.

Or 3.5 Playing an awakened diminutive spider warlock|rogue and you can sneak attack with a hideous blow (bite)

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Yes, hence the Primordial Giant template LA +0 can be applied to any giant (Half-ogre template) which helps negate the mental disadvantages at the cost of 4 str, 2 con.

Oslecamo Storm Giant is also an approved source. You could be a Primordial Storm Giant.

Also the FAQ section, if you choose not to take "growth" instead you remain the same size, but gain +2 in a physical ability score.
I don't want to grow!
If a monster class would make you grow but you would rather stay in your previous size, you may instead simply gain a +2 to a physical stat of your choice. This includes changeable growths like the elemental classes have, but once done the decision is permanent.

There is a lot of interesting stuff there, now when we have Arena in swing I might make some experimental characters and see how they do. I don't want to grow definitely sounds like the winner for some builds. I will have to go there and check some crazy build. A slightly more sane one might be Half-Ogre Barbarian, barbarian basically needs just Str, Dex, and Con. Use Build points to boost a Dex to a reasonable degree. That thing whacking you with Power Attack with Large Greataxe would be hideous.

By the way, forgot to ask. Warblade 3 II LA 1/Fighter 2, seemed interesting as a maneuver barbarian basically. Hell, it gets maneuvers back by attacking and Fighter is plugging Feat holes left from LA+1 and gives proficiencies. I plan to concentrate on Iron Heart and Stone Dragon since they seem kinda Goliathy, maybe throw in a few White Raven stuff as the buff for others but not too many. The build is far from over, but it takes the shape in my mind.

What is your opinion on the class combo considering the race.

4 minutes ago, Grudge said:

There is a lot of interesting stuff there, now when we have Arena in swing I might make some experimental characters and see how they do. I don't want to grow definitely sounds like the winner for some builds. I will have to go there and check some crazy build. A slightly more sane one might be Half-Ogre Barbarian, barbarian basically needs just Str, Dex, and Con. Use Build points to boost a Dex to a reasonable degree. That thing whacking you with Power Attack with Large Greataxe would be hideous.

By the way, forgot to ask. Warblade 3 II LA 1/Fighter 2, seemed interesting as a maneuver barbarian basically. Hell, it gets maneuvers back by attacking and Fighter is plugging Feat holes left from LA+1 and gives proficiencies. I plan to concentrate on Iron Heart and Stone Dragon since they seem kinda Goliathy, maybe throw in a few White Raven stuff as the buff for others but not too many. The build is far from over, but it takes the shape in my mind.

What is your opinion on the class combo considering the race.

Well, Goliath make good barbarians as well. They have a racial barbarian class levels you can take. When you rage, you become actual large.

All the following are features of the goliath barbarian's racial substitution levels.

Mountain Rage (Ex): A goliath barbarian who takes the 1st-level racial substitution level can tap into the mountain's strength to increase his size and power during a rage. When he rages, his size category increases to Large.

Then you can have someone toss Enlarge on you to become huge.

And then thanks to Goliath counting as size larger when doing Grapple, Trip, Pin etc. he would count as Gargantuan (Red Dragons are considered Gargantuan since they become Old). So I could Grapple and theoretically Pin Great Wyrm Red Dragon without any size penalties. That's something to cross off the bucket list 😂

5 minutes ago, Grudge said:

And then thanks to Goliath counting as size larger when doing Grapple, Trip, Pin etc. he would count as Gargantuan (Red Dragons are considered Gargantuan since they become Old). So I could Grapple and theoretically Pin Great Wyrm Red Dragon without any size penalties. That's something to cross off the bucket list 😂

No it specifies you don't get the benefit of powerful build while mountain raging. I only included the first sentence. Moutain Rage overwrites the powerful build when you become large.

Poop!! Grappling just Adult Red Dragon, no one in "Goliath Weekly" would be impressed by that. Jokes aside, yeah when I rectified the mistake thanks to you and opened Book of Stone I did notice that a LOT of feats and stuff for Goliaths have prerequisite Raging or Divine Magic. Since barbarian and Druid seem to be Martial and Spellcaster classes they take. But I sacrificed a lot of that mostly because I wanted to make barbarian with one of those other heavy hitters when I saw how many of them were there and now with I don't want to grow I seriously thinking of taking one of the Large classes and use that to negate penalty on Dex. Basically catching Barbarian Triplet: Str, Dex, and Con.

And because I don't want to repeat myself with so many classes Goliath will have to live without all of those specializations. Not really too big of a bummer, maneuvers are substitute enough, but that is the reason why I didn't go the Barbarian route. Of course, I could've gone Warblade 3 II LA+1/Barbarian 2 and gotten the best of both worlds, so to speak but I think I'll need all the feats I can get. Build will not be optimal of course but I think it might be more interesting. Will not suffer in damage department in any case. While on the subject of damage if I took Monkey Grip does this mean I'd be able to wield Huge weapons with -2 penalty?

Get you some Strongarm Bracers. Those let you wield weapons up to one size larger than you without penalties and no need to try and parse the Monkey Grip feat (plus it saves you a feat slot). This item is how my dwarf barbarian wields an alchemical gold bashing shield. (alchemical gold weapons are one effective size larger)

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

Get you some Strongarm Bracers. Those let you wield weapons up to one size larger than you without penalties and no need to try and parse the Monkey Grip feat (plus it saves you a feat slot). This item is how my dwarf barbarian wields an alchemical gold bashing shield. (alchemical gold weapons are one effective size larger)

1. He's only level 3, 2. They cost 6,000 Gp. 3. They do not stack with powerful build.
The effect of these bracers doesn’t stack with the powerful build trait (such as that possessed by the goliath race).

Tentative idea is to go for Monkey Grip and later (some would say much later depending on patience) add Wield Oversized Weapon to remove penalty. Thing is with these very strong races getting to 25 STR is relatively easy, getting to BAB 21 is...not so easy.

Conected issue but this time with the question. There is no price for Huge weapons. I decided to take Monkey Grip for one weapon Large weapon is 40 gp but there is no price for Huge.

12 minutes ago, Grudge said:

Conected issue but this time with the question. There is no price for Huge weapons. I decided to take Monkey Grip for one weapon Large weapon is 40 gp but there is no price for Huge.

Arms & Equipment Guide Pg 4

Size, Weight, and Price: If you’re designing a weapon larger than the standard, its weight increases by 50% for each size category increase. Its cost increases at the same rate. So if you design a Large version of a throwing axe (ordinarily a Small weapon weighing 4 pounds) it will weigh 9 pounds: A Medium-size version weighs 6 pounds, and a Large version increases the weight by a further 50%. Its cost increases by the same amount, so a Large throwing axe would cost 18 gp.
Weights decrease by 25% per size category decrease if you’re designing a smaller version of a weapon. A throwing axe weighs only 3 pounds if you make a Tiny version of it. Costs also decrease by 25% per size category decrease, so a Tiny throwing axe would cost only 6 gp.

Here's a quote I found that might supersede A&EG, at least partially:

Cost (Link to SRD page)

This value is the weapon’s cost in gold pieces (gp) or silver pieces (sp). The cost includes miscellaneous gear that goes with the weapon.

This cost is the same for a Small or Medium version of the weapon. A Large version costs twice the listed price.

Weight (Link)

This column gives the weight of a Medium version of the weapon. Halve this number for Small weapons and double it for Large weapons.

It doesn't offer any solutions for Huge+ or Tiny-, however.

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)