Chapter 1.5: Honey Well

igordragonian12

9 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

and pawed the scroll to Hoop.

"Fine. Here. Now come with me, no funny business and then I'll consider our future ventures."

"Funny business? Oh, I don't know how to do standup comedy! I'm pretty bad at humor actually," Brixie admits, completely honest and sincere.

She smiles at Hoop. "Make sure Mama gets that scroll, and if anyone gets in your way, I'll break their fingers."

Brixie winks, then approaches Almosded. "Alright, let's get going while I'm still young enough to wield my hammer."

Slither analyse the crowd and hear a conversation... His eyes glitter!

Someone just said he was a doctor and said they can find work anywhere! He manage to locate where it comes from and say it: " This carriage! There is a doctor inside! That otter might be saved yet! Wait here! "

Then Slithers try to go to that caravan and climb it. " Dear doctor, I have a great opportunity for you! Saving a life AND getting paid handsomely doing so! Interested? "

Edited by Emmerlaus (see edit history)

Hoop accepts the banknote and flies it to the buns. She whispers, "Tell my group to meet..." She gives a landmark in the forest. "If Mr. Carrotshield or the Mcbees ever touch your bees again, you come right to us, alright?" She hands the scroll over with two paws and pats mama's buns hands to show its in her hands. Hoop... will come back for the rest later.

She flaps over to Mr. Carrotshield. "I see a denizen in trouble and my kindly heart wants to help!" She moves in closer and whispers to Mr Carrotshield. "You ever touch the Thumpers again, and I'm not going to hold back your wolfs from biting your paw. You know how they solve 'problems'." Lots of fire. She couldn't not notice the suspicious amount of fire going around the clearing. Hopefully, that has nothing to do with them or the shackle breakers. She steps back and gives a smile, "Now! Try to work through your history Mr. Carrotshield. The Thumpers are great denizens! They improve the clearing!"

Hoop flaps back to Brixie and flaps nearby. "Yes, it's about time we get going." As they walk away she tells Almosded and Brixie about arranging a meet-up with the group. Hoop says to Almosded, "You and Brixie can wait here. I'd like to scout above the clearing to try to usher our group back together."

Ripley considers this...and decides he has already wasted too much time. And so, with a grin, he puts his mask on and charges through, cape flapping behind him as he ducks, twists, twirls, and even runs up a wall or two in order to get by the crowds. He does not stop for anyone or anything, whether it be a cry for help or a call to halt and identify himself. And should anyone get in his way...

His grin widens and he uses the pole of his weapon to vault over another fence. Well, if they did get in his way, he would cut his way past them and blame it on the press of the crowd if anyone complained.

Slithers

It was a tabby ginger cat in white robes and a side bag with a big red cross.

He sat alongside other refuges on a wagon carried by a spider-crab*.

He has disscused it with an elderly ferret.

The cat has tilted his head.

"....An intr'resting timing. And a bit suspiciouse. I need some details first."

ooc:

Explain AND roll persuade NPC

*Look at the general lore for more info. But in general, in my version of Root, insects and spiders and the such are parallel to livestock.

spider crabs are parallel to horses.

Hoop&Brixie

Bunnah and the Thumper give a respectful bow.

"Thank you! Our warren is your warren forever and ever!'

-"Even for your friend Ripley!'

-"You can take as much honey as you can carry!"

-"When you are back we will throw a celebration... once we are sure everything is.. safe."

(Hoop&Brixie- mark +2 prestige with the denizens)

Hersh Carrotshield take Hoop's scolding and warning/threat with a sour expression.

"It's funny to hear if from a bird... your kind have took the whole Woodland to chaos because you couldnt overcome your histories with each other. But fine. Maybe I was a tiiiiiiny bit irrational about this- you are right- feelings shouldnt get in the way of wealth. Fine. Come on folks."

And he lead away his goons and clerks.

Almosded give a nervouse chuckle at what sounded to him like a joke from Brixie.

He didnt replied to Hoop who flew up.

Brixie

"Good riddance. Let's go Stonganbiggah, your bird surely can catch up to us easily." Almosded growl.

And start to run.

Does Brixie stop him? Follow along or something else?

Hoop

Hoop fly and take a look over Honey Well-

https://i.ibb.co/J3jzDFQ/20230408-234417.jpg

The Printery(9) is on fire and an Eyrie's force subjacting the remains of the Marquisate.

And it's fire spread to the Riverfolk Block (12)

the riverfolks try to handle it.

The Nest (7) the seat of Eyerie's power is also burning, and the cabbit which has tried to take her and Brixie in, paired with two Marquisate soldiers strike down with bow and arrows every bird that try to escape.

The West Gate (1) is also on fire and it spread to the homes around, and a stream of refuges are escaping the Honey Well.

The hospital's area (10) is another source of chaos- an angry mob supported by Eyrie's soldiers are aborting the cat denizens from thier square homes and besiege the hospital itself-

not attacking it exactly, but demanding of the 'frisky cats" to leave!

And here Hoop finally find one of her friends-

Ripley. He pass through this chaos.

Ripley

The fox pirate just headstrong through- his determination alone make most denizens to jump from his way though he got few swears.

He run the walls, some soldiers point

"Wasnt he member of the she-wolf's gang?"

"Hey!

"Wait!"

But nothing stop Ripley- like a devil he jump over the fence and he manage to pass through the hospital's neighberhood

But.. he feel a sting of pain in his back and something feels off.

(mark 1 injury and 1 wear on one of your items)

Ripley on his way to Thumper's warren see a group of bunny clerks and their guards go pass him and a chance look up let him notice of Hoop

Hoop&Ripley

You see each other!

1 hour ago, igordragonian12 said:

"You can take as much honey as you can carry!"

Brixie will take one jar in thanks, bowing like an honorable warrior. She could snack on the honey later.

1 hour ago, igordragonian12 said:

Good riddance. Let's go Stonganbiggah, your bird surely can catch up to us easily." Almosded growl.

And start to run. Does Brixie stop him? Follow along or something else

Brixie looks up at the narrator with a puzzled face. "I think we delayed long enough," she says to the fourth wall, then takes her hammer and follows Almosded at a casual jog.

She's a bit tired, but she felt good that she helped protect the warren from being robbed by greed.

Hoop flaps over to the mama. "Really, honey for us? I'll take some if you truly don't mind." She'll grab some honey.

The Printry!? No! Hoop never even got to see the marvel yet its going up in flames! There is so much fire Hoop is helpless to stop it. She is only one denizen, and unlike politics a single denizen can't change nature.

She calls out to Ripley, "Hey, you! Fox brains! This way!" Hoop will try to lead Ripley to Brixie. "You missed a lot!"

Edited by Elbeyon (see edit history)

He whisper that so nobody else can hear:

Slithers explain that their is an rich otter who is also a slave owner that was injured down the path they came from. That the marchand is generous and would pay them ransomly to save his life.

Edited by Emmerlaus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Ripley has to vault over a fence using the pole of his boarding pike. This leaves a notch in the blade that will have to be repaired. In addition, while he feels the sting, his natural "Luck Armor" fortunately means it does not do as much damage as it might have. This is probably for the best, as he is not in the best shape anymore.

Tired, a bit bedraggled, and panting, he leans on his pike as he comes to a stop by the...procession. "Well blow me sideways..." he sighs as Brixie is dragged away. When Hoop calls down, he looks up tiredly. "Yeah...yeah..." he says, "I be coming...don't ye worry." He will jog after Hoop's lead.

Slithers

(Partatial success. He.. need another thing to agree)

The cat doctor narrow his eyes a bit in suspicion.

"A slave owner? It sound like he had it coming." he spit.

"Usually slave owners are ruthless criminals. Can you gurantee my safety?" he ask

Rikitikitavi clench her teeth in response.

Brixie

Brixie decide to follow Almosded, and trust that the others will find her.

"Be careful!' The Thumper bunnies call after her.

Almosded lead the way. He now move quicker then ever, using rope with hooks to carry him like a monkey of the jungles. The hook are hooking on bracnhes of tree or any grabbable object.

They pass the boundaries of the clearing, and then pass by bee hives and then finally enter the cool darkness of the forest.

About eight pairs of eyes glowed in dark. Most of them were blue.

"Alpha?" They called and their wolfish shilloutes became apparent.

"Is this time?"

"Can we finally huff and puff the stupid bunnies?"

other voice has asked.

Brixie recongnize.. some of the voices. Maybe.

Almosded raised his paws.

"We have change of plans. I have captured the strongest wolf of our pack!" he declare.

-"Eh?"

Almosded smile with pride.

"Have you forgotten Stronganbiggah so soon?"

The wolves stare at Brixie with shock.

"And she has a proposition for us." Almosded add.

----

Ripley&Hoop

Ripley&Hoop go back together to the Thumper Warren.

On the way there they see bunch of bankers and their guards move slowly and carefully back to the bank, wary of the ensuing chaos.

Hoop discover that Almosded has dissapeared with Brixie.

But the Thumper clan accept Hoop.

"Oh what else can we do for you?"

On 4/14/2024 at 12:09 PM, igordragonian12 said:

I have captured the strongest wolf of our pack!

Brixie doesn't say anything, but she doesn't look impressed.

Brixie_NotImpressed.PNG.3eb90071929069c83877c99538c1671a.PNG

On 4/14/2024 at 12:09 PM, igordragonian12 said:

"And she has a proposition for us." Almosded add.

"Uh, yes, I have a proposition, and it is a good one," Brixie says. She quickly thinks up a selling point and tries to work the idea. Usually Brixie let's Hoop to do the ideas, but her birb friend is not here.

"Why work for a banker paying you in scraps to bothers some poor rabbits, when you could work for a pirate captain and earn some real coin by pillaging a rich aristocrat? You all have muscle and bravery. Think of it-- sailing the waters with the wind at your back and each other at your... side. You see that smoke coming up from the town? That's my captain's doing to someone who didn't respect him. He can lead you all to glory and a real payout."

Edited by Digodragon (see edit history)

Slithers smile softly: " Of course you will be protected, my companion here will be with you the whole way. It's in the direction you were going too anyway. We will need to hurry though. She is not very chatty but she's honorable and the better fighter among us two. "

Slithers give her a encouraging look, one that says " Ignore him and trust me ".

She says to the Thumper talking to her, "Oh, we're on our way to Brixie. Don't mind us!" Hoop was happy to see the family, but their crossing was just a coincidence.

She moves off a ways and says to Ripley, "Brixie is that way." She points off into the woods and calls out the landmark that is suppose to unite them. "She met up with one of her old packmates and is waiting for us there. Turns out the marches, a banker, and a wolf pack conspired together to burn down the Thumper's beehives. The banker was put in his place, the marches go unpunished, and Brixie is trying to recruit the wolf gang to serve aboard your ship. They're freedom lovers, a bit misguided, but they love freedom and treasure, mostly treasure."

Along the way, Ripley whispers over to Hoop, "What's the situation 'ere? We need t' get everyone an' get outta here. Things are goin' south real fast." He clears his throat. "I just killed the local cat leader."

"...Also, we need t' get some help fer an otter."

Slithers

"Mmew. Fine. It better be worth it." grunt.

He jump iff the slow wagon.

"I am Doctor. Feline Fine. Who do I have the pleasure doing with?" He ask, as ran surprsingly quickly on his short legs.

The moongoose wasnt sure how to present herself politeltly while running and not giving a bow.

"Please forgive my crude manners, but I answer to the name of Rikitikitavi." she present herself.

Assuming Slithers presents himself Dr.Fine asks.

"So, *huff? what is the *huff* context for the injury?" he ask as they get back.

They arrive and Sandukan's expression seems grim.

He has tried to keep the fire up, but Sniff is looking worse.

Dr. Fine tsk.

"Nyo good.. nyo good at all. Alright, I'll need more paws here- you, give me a straight branch, you- find a dry leaf of mapel..."

OOG:

We need for this emergency treatment to reach a specific amount of "Emergency Aid" points-

The doctor is giving 4

Sandukan give 1 and Rikitikitavi gives 1

So in short without Slither they have 6 points

For Sniff to not die he need to pass 7.

With 10 he will eventually fully heal with no long term issues

Roll with cunning-

7-9- Add +1 emergency aid point.

10+ add +2 emergency aid points.

AND additionaly you can give another roll with justified fluff to help.

And you can mark exuastion and a depeletion to add +1

Hoop&Ripley

The rabbits are waving at them confused, now left with deciding what to do with all the doom and chaos around.

They pass the boundaries of the clearing, and then pass by bee hives and then finally enter the cool darkness of the forest.

Few refuges also run into this direction.

They see bunch of wolf-ish shillouttes among the trees.

They may join them or overhear them

Brixie

The wolves who are stunned to see Stonanbiggah alive and well, also are impressed by the destruction.

Almosded add.

"I think this idea have potential- sure it is diffrent.. but maybe then we go farther then our parents did!'

An eldery pale wolf, spit.

"-Water? This isnt the way of the wolf!"

a younger (late teen-ish?) blonde wolf bark.

"The alpha wolf has spoken!"

An angry looking female wolf with a dark grey fur and pair of iron gauntlets and seemed to rival Brixie in size. Brixie vaguly remember that she was one of the wolves who used to bully Almosded.

"...I guess we can always kill this captain if he is too weak and annoying."

The others exchange looks.

Almosded use this pause to make a decision.

"Then it is agreed. Log, Earless- bring the bear cub"

OOG: I have edited the NPC list.

Nosey- A female red-brown-ish wolf with a sharp muzzle, almost fox-like. The pack's best tracker.

Skullmuzzle- A male black furred wolf with a white pattern on his face. His howls are the loudest and used to bully Almosded, but since when Almosded has defeated him in a dual, he is zealotly loyal to him.

Earless- A female grey wolf who used to have a diffrent name. The mate of Skullmuzzle, and also used to bully Almosded, but is loyal to him since the day Almosded has cutted her ear, and she took the new name with pride.

Olwan- A pale grey old wolf, with white patterns and long "beard". Olwan is a name that also a title for the oldest wolf. Expert at throwing axes.

Metalpaw- A female dark grey wolf, with fierce claws with metal gloves. Used to be the mate of Sharpfang. Prone to destructive angry feats. Blood Auntie of Brixie? Maybe?

Goldfur- The youngest of the current pack- a female wolf with blond-ish fur. Expert javelin thrower. And has a crush for Almosded which he is obliviouse too. Together they have impressive combo moves.

Log- A rotund brown male wolf. The heaviest of the pack, and carry the heavy stuff. A bit dimwitted but extremly loyal. Usually get the boring chores.

Bigjaw- A dark grey,almost black wolf with a metal lower jaw. Missing one paw and is the weaponsmith of the pack.