Chapter 1.5: Honey Well

igordragonian12

On 12/31/2023 at 11:48 PM, Miltonian said:

Victory! Ah, sweet victory. And also terrible, mortal danger. But such is the life of a daring pirate captain. Ripley claps his two underlings on the back. "Good job, mates! Good work. Now, grab the otter an' let's scoo-"

Suddenly, he sees the newcomer, and his weapon is back in his paws in an instant. "Who be ye?" he demands. To him, he cannot tell if Shadow is here to kill the otter or help him. But, he is not ready to see the goodbeast die yet, and so is prepared to defend him, however, unnecessary that caution may eventually prove.

Frustrated, Shadoras roll his eyes in a dramatic fashion. He doesn't even bother to answer. He point at the flames then return to lifting the otter and dragging him in the opposite direction.

(Unstable Ground might allowing me to use Finesse instead of Might if I need to roll)

Edited by Emmerlaus (see edit history)

Shadow&Ripley: The Treasure Hunter and the Pirate.

-----

(roll me read a tense situation to examin how bad Shniff is doing)

Together the four manage to drag away Shniff from the burning trees, while the rain is weakening and the fire is getting worse.

the moongooses tense at the sight of shadow. Almost instinctivley.

"This noble merchant has provided the means for this sacred pyre!" the male moongoose bark.

the female one talk more gently.

"Also, his noble wife has fed us. We cannot allow him to get hurt!"

Hoop&Brixie- Can Chaos be called freedom?

Almosded frown.

"We dont have time for those useless meat-chumps! Stop playing around, Biganstrongah!" and losing patience, toss a lassoo around Brixie hand intending on draggin her away.

Peter&Cabjuella wave at Hoop.

"Ripley went with the moongooses to look for a way to create a funerap pyre. I think."

Cabjuella hop in place.

"The people are finally rising up!"

The chicken captain swell angerly.

"Buk! Buk! It's against the Eyrie Codex rules 12.3 up to 47.5! Guards! Remind the people that the codex must be maintained at any cost!"

"Yes Captain!"

the guards are forming 3 lines of spears, starting to advance toward the crowd.

5 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

"We don't have time for those useless meat-chumps! Stop playing around, Biganstrongah!" and losing patience, toss a lasso around Brixie hand intending on draggin her away

"How can you turn your back on those who need us?" Brixie asks. "Where is your honor as a warrior? Or are you just someone's obedient lap dog?"

Ripley's heart sinks. "He's in a bad way, mates," he announces, checking the otter over, "Damn it. We need a doctor. Wait, that rabbit. They threw us out, but they might be able t' save him." He looks doubtfully downwards. "If...we can make it so he's safe t' move."

Hoop says to Peter & Cabjuella, "This is but a single battle, but the fight for freedom has begun." She tells them, "Get the ditizens to retreat. Our gathering is too small to win this battle today. We will show the people here our hearts! Look at their spears. Retreat, spread the word freedom is coming, but go home to your families tonight." She tells them, "Go now!"

Hope gets out some paper and scrawls on it. She covers her face, and flies over the mob towards the soldiers. She caws, "Trap! Trap!," to get the Captain's attention and drops a letter to him. It warns of a dire trap set by the tricky cats! She is pretending to be a Eyrie Loyalist!

"TRAP!

The dastardly Marquisate has incited this riot. Any harm you do to to the denizens will be used as propaganda. It's a trap! The Marquisate will come to defend the ditizens if any fighting breaks out! They are coming! Defend Eyrie!"

Rolls

Attempt Roguish Feat (Counterfeit)

roll

When you attempt a roguish feat you are skilled in, say your 
goal and roll with Finesse. On a hit, you achieve your goal. On a 7-9, 
mark exhaustion or one risk of your feat comes to bear, GM’s choice. When you attempt a roguish feat you are NOT skilled in, you 
are trusting fate.

Take +1

Captain Mcluckhen is the biggest threat; The Eyrie are very heirarchical and without her, the troops might get confused.

To be on lookout for is that the tension is high for both direction- it isnt normal for the Eyrie to be that trigger happy.

It seems the Eyrie force are also frusrated with the situation, and it might be not so easy to diffuse it without violence and chaos.

They seems determines to teach the denizens a lesson- so they would be more brutal then usual

Name
roll
2d6+2 1,6

Shadoras point at the two next to Ripley: " You two mongooses! You wanna save his life? We will torn your clotches to make bandages for his injuries. NOW! "

He turn to Ripley: " While we do that, you fox try to find either some alchool or something dry to put on him. We need something to keep him warm. It's dangerous but you could put him close to the fire or at least something dry to put on him in this wreckage. But first, bandages. Then one of you will need to find some help, I dont know the region enough. You two mangoose can stay close to the fire and make sure to move him if the fire grow or something. Me and the fox will try to get help to save its life. "

While he says all that, he multitask by making some lenght of their clotches into bandages if they allow him to.

Ripley&Shadow

Shniff the otter is in a bad state.

The moongooses glare at Shadow blanky- not answering to him. They are clothes very lightly in silk, and are wet and muddy- but also for them this snake has no authority over them

They tilt their head and look at Ripley.

"Master? What are your orders?'

oog-

Assuming they get bandages this way or another,

let's one of you roll... first aid with.. cunning.

If it's an actual bandages from your depletion roll with additional +1

6 or less- oh no.

7-9 he will survive a bit more, but would require another treatment before getting to proffesional help.

10-if not getting too slow, he should hold up until he see a proffesional

Hoop&Brixie

OOG: With the plus 1, Hoop get a 10!

Almosded snarl.

"....I dont owe those meat chumps anything. But fine. I'll entertain you. I hope I wont regret it." And then swing the rope, giving Brixie oppurtnity to jump to where ever she want at the scene.

Peter&Cabjuella frown, but nod.

They try to spread the angry denizens back to their homes- at first they ain't listening, but Leel, the big brutish fox bark at them.

"Go home idiots! We will have our fun another time!" And the mob spread away

Captain Mcluchen read the note and caw, raising her right wing.

"HOLT! BUK! It's a trick! I new Cattenberg was only putting an act! He created this chaos with his stupid school and printery! Come on soldiers! The real battle is over there!"

Brixie gets ready to fight... but it looks like the fight wasn't ready to battle... and it seems the battle was avoided by Hoop's quick thinking.

'Avoid' might not be Hoop when Brixie gets close enough for a friendship hug. "Good job, Hoop. you saved good lives tonight. Good karma will smile upon you in return."

Ripley studies Shniff and sighs heavily. "Well. We need bandages. And..." He looks over at the mongooses, who have been scrabbling around in the mud, and winces. "An' preferably clean ones."

Instead of ordering his underlings to strip (though he wouldn't mind doing that in another, friendlier, and mutual context), he digs through his bags and pulls out a set of clean handkerchiefs. Large ones, the kind that would fit over someone's head while robbing a bank. "These'll do the trick," he says and hands them to the snake. "If ye got any doctorin' experience, yer better off'n me."

[Marking 1 Depletion]

Hoop hugs her back! "Yes, but the army still raised their weapons against the citizens." She says to the two wolfs, "We can still use this." She smiles at Brixie's compaion, "Not so stupid now, hm?" She says smugly. She tells her, "Take us away. We do not want to dally."

Shadoras listen quietly to Ripley and nods when he takes out the bandages: " Good. "

Shadoras doesn't want to worry them but... He doesn't have any practice doing those things. Only second tail knowledge. Yet, to his knowledge, he does a fair job putting bandage on the poor otter that holds and without getting them dirty or dropping hem. And he has the feeling that he didnt wrap them too tigh either so he didnt stop any blood flow.

Once he felt he dealt with this part of the ordeal, he turn back to the others: " Now we need to move him next to the fire. Any suggestions to make it easier? "

"Next to the fire?" Ripley repeats, incredulous. He stares at the raging inferno growing by the minute and gulps. "Mate, I don't think that be the best idea, here. We all need t' move, and right-sharp too. The rain is keepin' the blaze contained, but we need t' tell the town an' get some folks out here to tamp down on it afore the whole forest goes up. Leavin' him here ain't a good idea. Fire's spread real quick, ye know."

Hoop&Brixie

"Extremly stupid." Almosded reply to Hoop. Clearly disliking her. Thought he might be begrudingly respecting her.

"But fine. Let's go. You birdy, can come too. For some reason, Stronanbiggah want you around."

Almosded lead through the curved streets, and the tensions seemed to be high- at the neighberhood near the hospital, a kitty kid run away from chanting crowd of children

"Cats out! Cats Out! Cats out!"

And he run into the lap of his mother who is looking concerned- and then go in with the child.

They pass by the Thumper Warren where a big commotion is happening- few wagons, that are now getting filled with jars of honey guarded by guards with the Better Burrow Bank emblem, while few clerks oversee it and an eldery banker rabbit is getting yelled by Bunna.

"This isnt funny! You are ruining us!"

The elderly male banker straighten his jacket.

"Of course it isnt. I never found anything funny since the day your mother has betrayed me."

Almosded grin.

"This is good. Let's hurry."

-----

Shadow&Ripley

Shniff seems to hold.. for now.

But by the time they will reach help, he would require another round of first aid.

The moongooses watch as the snake and the fox argue.

Brixie is a little concerned about the kitty child, but they seem okay? At least they are safe inside. This is a terrible night for a curse

"This is not good," Brixie says.

She stops to approach mama Bunna rabbit. "What happened here? Someone betrayed... the bank?"