Chapter 1.5: Honey Well

igordragonian12

Ripley's fur bristles. Clowns? He is not a clown. Sure, they all look a bit outlandish and colorful, but none of them are clowns. But he grits his teeth and gives instructions to the other two in a low voice. "Don't harm him. He's...young an' not very wise, methinks." His grimace turns into a forced smile.

To the parents, he says, "Er, that be saltpeter, not salt-n-pepper. Just fer clarity's sake." He will accept the invite to sit down and eat some soup. "Also, we're not clowns. We're..." He considers how to phrase that. "Well, I be a captain, and they be my crew."

The Unclown Crew

"Oooow.' The motherly otter cooe with dissapointment

"Oh well. I guess you are colorful and an intresting bunch of fellas, despite that!" She say cheerfull

the male chuckled.

"Ah. Saltpeter? Um. I have a friend of a wife of a cousin who.. never mind. I can get it.. for the right price.'

He say as he lean and eating from the soup.

Rikitikitavi and Sandukan wait for Ripley- they wont eat without an order for him, and especialy not before him.

The male otter sniff a bit.

"Ah. I see. A captian with a salty smell. A salty cousin,I would say! Har har!"

he chuckle. "I go by Shniff. I can get saltpeter in a hour for you... but should I?"

The adventurers who dare to wait in line at the bank

The albino wolf give glances but doesnt dare to apporach.

It's very... akward.

But time moves on- wether shortly or quickly depend on Hoop&Brixie's mood and finally-

"Number 19! Number 19!"

Call the rabbit from before, she hoop at them and collect the ticket.

"Let's see... Ah! Teller window number 04 is aviable!"

She lead them to a teller window- it's a small desk-thing, with a quill and vial of ink on it, a glass window with a small hole in it to pass money and papers through.

A rotund male ginger rabbit with glasses and a mug of a root tea at paw, pass his eyes over Hoop&Brixie with the usual judging they are must be used to the point, they can read his thoughts over his expressions

A bird? Well. She looks a bit rough, but birds are trustworthy to hold their word.

by the reindeers! A wolf! she is big and scary!

and then a shrug which is a rare reaction for Brixie with a clear message of.

Eh. Money is money.

He cough up.

"Good morning ladies. What can I do for you?"

Hoop finishes her drink! She hops up when she is called and approaches the teller window. She looks over the rabbit. She had been in a bank before being from an important bird family, but this is her first time in a bank as a vagabond. As they're being sized up, Hoop herself clears her throat to get the gentledenizen attention.

She tells him, "We need a private room arranged for today's business." She doesn't want to go showing off a gold chest to the entire floor.

Ripley almost misses the mongooses' predicament. He holds up an apologetic paw to the otters to pause the conversation. "Hold that thought, matey," he says and turns to his two crewmates. "Go ahead. Try some an' tell me what ye think."

By way of explanation, he says to the otters. "They're not from around here. Not used to the local food." Among other things, he adds privately. "But they be good folk at heart."

To Shniff's offer, he scratches his chin. "I know a few uses fer the stuff above an' beyond what it's commonly used fer. Bring me some, an' I'll show ye a neat trick or two. Not just the trick either, but how t' do it yerself."

An almost utter success with the otter

The moongooses nod, take their seats and eat silently, not interacting directly with their hosts-

as it would be disrepectful to speak, when their master is avaible for the hosts to speak to.

Shniff doesnt look offended. "Um. Very well."

His wife, though looks a bit anxiouse with the silent treatment from the moongooses, worried her cooking wasnt for their likings.

Shniff is returning after about fifteen minutes with a tiny chest.

"Here you go, saltpeter-wizard. Show me that you know what you can do with it."

OOC: It will cost 2 value instead of 3.

Into The Middle Warren of the bank

the ginger rabbit nod seriously.

Money is a seriouse buisness, and big money is even more.

"Very well. But you will have to comply with our security protocols."

He say and open a hidden door near his window- it looked like just another part of the wall, before it opened to the inside, with a handle only on the inner side.

As the two enter, here the light is more dim, as no sun light get in, and it light by lamps and candles.

dozens of drawers, small safes, shelves bursting with documents, and here also a busy work.

A rabbit guard, with gilded weapons and armor, with an emblem:

carrot inside a shield with a motto scroll

"Better Burrow Bank".

"Weapons, and any sharp object please." say the square chinned rabbit, and point at a large bath like bronze tube

"No funny buisness."

(Assuming they would comply- if not, the rest of this update is irrelevant-.)

https://youtu.be/5E_YI8-79gE?si=09v9d2HTSDa5NKas

Afterward, the ginger rabbit lead both of them to even a bigger desk, where big cushioned couches are offered.

"Sorry for that. But we treat the security of the money that our clients entrust with us very seriously. So lets see what you got."

Brixie hands over her hammer, placing it head-down on the floor with a soft thud for the rabbit to hold. She then tries her best not to tell any jokes or puns.

Brixie wouldn't bank on her success here.

Once inside the big office, she sits down on the nice couch. It feels really nice to be off her feet. Ugh, if this is how actual pregnancy is, Brixie might consider dating ladies instead.

When the banker asks to see the goods, Brixie will untie the chest under her chest from her stomach (uh...) and set the box on the ground in front of her. She turns it to face the banker and opens it.

Hoop turns over her bow (which is dangerous is melee combat), arrows, pocket knife, silverware, and her small pocket knife.

She takes a seat and says to the banker, "We understand. Its a relief to hear that our money will soon be as secure." She watches Brixie show him the chest. "I hope you can understand why we wanted the privacy." She brags about their chest. Though they have see riches beyond a single chest she can not imagine many bring in a chest of gold everyday!

(OOC: Understood.)

Ripley will nudge the two Mongooses with his footpaw and whisper to them, "Tell the nice lady 'ow much ye like her cookin'. It's polite."

Once the saltpeter arrives, however, he nods. "Righty-o. Bit o' a grim business yer going to see, but now we need a pit an' a hollow stone or some old, worn out cookpot. Oh, and wood." He grins widely. "We're gonna start a big ol' fire t' send a goodbeast off t' the next world."

Hoop&Brixie's bountiful chest

the ginger rabbit banker's eyes were more drawn to the wooden chest that Brixie has dropped rather then her actual chest.

"Yes. I see...' glaring at the bountiful, that was filled with gems, jewelry, ivory trinkets and of course gold coins.

The ginger rabbit sink his paw, cupping few round coins, looking at the characters on it- mostly six handed elephants.

He raise an eyebrow, and bite of the coins

"....How curiouse. May I pry and ask where have you earned such a bounty?" he ask

Healthy salty grief using explosion

Rikitikitavi&Sandukan blink.

They get up and throw themselves at the floor bowing to the marchant'a wife.

And praise her with wierdly unified chant.

"Thousand of blesses upon your head, and the hands which has crafted such a divine pleasure on this lowly realm of existence! A poem should be written for your eternal beauty! Your son will shall bring you an infinite glory!"

She looks more creeped out, then enjoying the praises.

"....Um.. yeah..."

Shniff lick his paws.

"Well. They are trying and more importantly- paying. I will accompany them.. to learn."

So after the meal is over, the group go out again into the rain, but at least well fed and warmed up.

Shniff lead the group to the gates of the clearibg with ease

At the entrance as usual stand with the backs to the clearing, pair of guards, one for each faction ruling the clearing- a rabbit with blue uniforms, represent the Eyrie, and a tortoise with orange uniform represent the Marquisate.

Would Ripley just keep leading the way, or would try to avoid the guards somehow?

23 minutes ago, igordragonian12 said:

"How curious. May I pry and ask where have you earned such a bounty?" he ask

"A reward for saving a lot of folks from drowning in a muddy pit," Brixie answers. She wonders if Hoop should have a go at details. Brixie felt a bit awkward trying to sound proud of anything she did.

Hoop wants this way on the downlow. "We have yet to discuss any type of fee for our account." Do banks charge to hold money? That seems like a scam, but this is more a bribe. She will offer them some coins (value 1) she had stashed away from home.

Edited by Elbeyon (see edit history)

Ripley sighs, inwardly exasperated. Outwardly, though, he gives the two a bit of a forced smile. "That twas...very nice," he mutters and is ready to move on from this whole (very awkward) affair.

At the gate, he takes refuge in audacity. He is sure that the guards care less about trouble leaving the city than entering it, and Shniff is a citizen of the town. And so, he will boldly walk out of the gate like nothing is out of the ordinary. If they glance his way, he'll even make a motion like tipping his hat and nod to them in greeting.

Hoop&Brixie learn of the magic of capitalism!

(ooc: BTW, I dont remember if I said how much thr treasure chest is worth. I hope.. 10 value/depltion make sense?)

The banker rabbit give side glance to make sure no other worker pay special attention to them.

Without words he take the money offered by Hoop and scrible in his journal

"Source of money: Prize'

He chuckle at Brixie's question

"Well, you word it like this, it sound absurd. But think of it like this-" He gesture at all the guards and clerks around.

"Those denizens work and earn their salary. Dont they? And more then that- we need to pay them enough, so they wont be tempted to steal the very money we keeping. We also need to pay special taxes- and to every faction which control a clearing where one of our banks exist! Also, you seems like vaga.. I mean travelers- so, I imagine you do get a service from it- instead of cracking your backs, and risking unwanted attention from factions and vagabonds.. you just carry a tiny scroll that in any clearing which has one of our banks, is as good as this whole chest- how does THAT sound for a service?"

He ask.

He turn to Hoop.

"Well, it depend of what level of keeping you was for- we have low keeping, high keeping and royal keeping. But..."

He smile.

"...What if I told that... this money can grow into MORE money?"

------

Healthy salty grief using explosion

Rikitikitavi&Sandukan seems quite happy with themselves.

The bored guards dont pay special attention to Shniff, and the audacity of Ripley does throw them off.

But seeing an otter and fox is one thing

seeing the moongooses was a diffrent thing

"Hey! Halt in the name of the Marquise!' The tortoise call

"No! Halt in the name of the Eyrie!" the rabbit get up and demand.

-"Marquise!'

-Eyrie!'

"Marquise!'

Rikitikitavi&Sandukan looked at Ripley.

"Shall we obey them?"

Shniff wishper to Ripley.

"Are they wanted criminals?"