Chapter 1.5: Honey Well

igordragonian12

• 2 weeks later...

A song of rain and pyre

The explosion is terrible, but Ripley's bastardly luck is on his side- he roll away safely.

But both Sandukan and Rikitikitavi get into a known pickle- they are sent flying into the muddy sink holes.

Shniff is in worse shape; he got burnt and was sent flying into a tree, breaking some bones while the tree and some of the other trees catch fire.

The weak rain doesnt stop the fire right away, instead now is quickly formed a cloud of thick and choking smoke.

and howls are now echoing around.

https://youtube.com/shorts/EE8LUWmi9E4?si=S5OQMTNJUGnzkQnD

------

Hoop&Brixie

Brixie remember now the name of this albino wolf- Almosded.

Brixie's reaction confuses him.

"...I called your name."

He break the stare.

"How did you survive?" he demand

"What are you doing here? and with none other then a tyrant!" He point at Hoop.

"My name? No, my name is Brixie." She genuinely believes herself, as if that old life was just a faded dream. However, Brixie is now making a fist.

"I survived by the love of a family that took me in. And right now you are insulting my best friend, Hoop. Think carefully what you say next about her "

Ripley scrambles to his paws, staggering a little as he regains his sense of balance. "Are ye alright?!" he calls to all his companions, "Shout! Shout so I can find ye!"

In the meantime, he will draw his weapon, eyeing the forest where all this howling was coming from.

Hoop&Brixie

"Brixie?!" He ask in shock, and then burst in rolling laughter, folding and grabbing his knees.

"Wait. No... you.. are seriouse." Almosded realize in shock and stop laughing.

The albino wolf's gaze follow carefully Brixie's fist, but he isnt startled.

His ears perk and he look at Hoop.

"Now.. are you.. mm."

He looks to consider it.

Almosded. "...Well, I dont know who took you in- but your real family and pack... are here, Stroninbiggah." He gesture at himself.

"We are actually in a middle of a big operation. Under my leadership we are more.." he look again at Hoop.

"More open minded. So, your "friend" can serve our cause if you wish to." Almosded offer.

Ripley

Shniff cry in pain.

Sandukan and Rikitikitavi shout obidently.

Ripley notice few big shillouttes

1 hour ago, igordragonian12 said:

"...Well, I don't know who took you in- but your real family and pack... are here, Stroninbiggah." He gesture at himself. "We are actually in a middle of a big operation. Under my leadership we are more.." he look again at Hoop.

"More open minded. So, your "friend" can serve our cause if you wish to." Almosded offer.

"I have a real family and I don't need to pack anything," Brixie replies.

She relaxes her fist when the wolf calls Hoop Brixie's friend. Her guard is still up, however. "Why do you want us in your operation? You don't know us, and we don't know you."

This is bad. Everyone else is trapped or hurt, perhaps both, and Ripley alone stands against several large figures, probably wolves judging by the howling. Weapon still drawn, he decides that the best refuge is audacity. So, baring his teeth in a ferocious smile, he pulls his mask down over his face and lets out a long, mad laugh. "If ye think that were impressive," he calls to the howling figures, "Step a lil' closer an' see what else I can do!"

This is, naturally, a bluff. Ripley cannot fire the cannon a second time, nor does he have any other tricks ready. However, perhaps the destructive display will make these apparent foes a little more hesitant to attack, at least for long enough for the two mongooses to clamber free and reinforce him.

(I should have asked Miltonian to roll... I'll roll with it for the sake of time)

Pyre Of DooOOOooOm

(By the way.. is there anything.. worth mentioning under the mask?)

Audacity once again does the charm.

The shadowes figures do not back away- but neither they dare to advance, exchanging grimm looks at each other for a long and preciouse minute.

The moongoose slaves crew members manage to climb up, somehow both overly wet from the mud, and quickly deihatrated from the heat and breathless because of the smoke, coughing.

The rain also weakens.

One of the shilloutes daringly step forward, exposing himself under the crimson light as a wolf carrying a huge two handed mace.

"I challenge you. I want to see your power, lil' fox"

-----

Hoop&Brixie

Almosded looks.. confused.

"What do you mean I dont know you?!"

he yelp insulted.

"We are the Shakle Breaker Pack! Do you think it's funny?!"

The more frusration he shows, the guards of the bank express alertness- paws fo their weapons and narrowed eyes.

He look at Hoop clicking his teeth.

"No, feather brain! I am never was and never will be chained! this is the meaning of this symbol!"

He bark at Brixie

'Enough with this unfunny jab! Come on, Biganstrongah! We got a job to do!'

And he try to grab her arm and to drag her.

Edited by igordragonian12 (see edit history)

13 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

"What do you mean I dont know you?!" he yelp insulted. "We are the Shakle Breaker Pack! Do you think it's funny?!"

"No, it's not funny! I really don't know you! Us! I just... I don't have memories of who you think I am... was..."

13 hours ago, igordragonian12 said:

'Enough with this unfunny jab! Come on, Biganstrongah! We got a job to do!' And he try to grab her arm and to drag her.

Brixie was mere moments from drawing her weapon and swinging. Her teeth were bared. However... she saw the guards, and saw how nervous they were. No, she shouldn't start a fight. She should... just move this argument outside. Brixie lets herself get lead out with this wolf.

"What's the job...?" Brixie asks, turning back to look at Hoop with an expression of feeling completely lost on what she should be doing.

Hoop raises an arm! "Yeah, that's the spirit!"

She squawks at Brixie. "Let's find out!" Hoop flaps as she follows the new wolf. "We got off to a bad start. I am hoop. What type of help do you need fellow member of the cause."

Ripley bares his teeth, which can be seen from just under the edge of the cloth mask. He puts on a swagger, striding back and forth in front of the wolf, appearing to size him up. Then, he grips his weapon in both hands and slams the butt of it into the ground. "Yar har har! I be Cap'n Ripley Firetail! I've slain scores 'n scores o' beasts, critters, and feral monsters from 'ere all the way up the river. I be enemy t' the Marquisate, master o' the waters, and where I step, I bring death!"

He points a claw at the wolf. "An' who be ye t' stand before me? Ye seem a right brawny beast. Tell me o' yer victories."

Hoop&Brixie

Almosded look insulted and confused.

"How can you NOT know me? All of our childhood you have protected me!"

Now that he close he notice her belly.

"Wait werent you pr-"

But is distracted by Hoop.

He look at her with narrow eyes.

"Fine. Let's talk outside." And he lead the ladies out.

The pair notice Bungeon and their's guards standing infront of the bank.

"Well, the stupid lil' bunnies have bunch of feuds here and-"

Bungeon step toward the trio.

-"Oh my. The two fair ladies got lost..." the cabbit say with a grin of :3

His eyes widen.

"Wolf lady, where.. is your belly?!" He ask with probably a horrifying realization.

Almosded narrow his eyes.

"I have no time for you, cat lickers. Shoo." and prepare with his ropes a lasoo.

The Marquisate guards draw their swords- all that under the weakened rain

Ripley

(Roll charm(?) Or a move that you see as aproriate)

The wolf grin, enjoying the banter. He lift a necklace witha huge fang- long as his own head. "I am Sharpfang of the Shackle Breaked Pack."

"Well, About month ago, I'v killed a bear and enslaved another bear. 'how 'bout that?'

He lift the mace preparing to attack.

"Master?" Rikitikitavi ask, drawing her scimitars

Edited by igordragonian12 (see edit history)

Ripley's mouth curls into a feral smile. "Well met, Sharpfang o' the Shackle-Breaked Pack," he says with a bellowing, hearty laugh, "Two bears, ye say?" He makes a show of sizing the wolf up again, as if with renewed respect. In truth, Ripley holds very little hope of besting the beast in combat. By all the powers of the forest, why did he have to run right into a full pack of the things that looked like they were made entirely of pectoral muscles and galvanized coffin nails? But, he hides his intimidation and strokes his chin thoughtfully. "See this here cloak?" he asks, "I took it from the bedchamber o' the Marquis de Cat. Slew their best soldiers on me way out, and left the Marquis terrified."

That boast was not entirely true. While his cloak was made from a blanket stolen from a certain cat's bedchamber, it had been the daughter of one of their admiral's who he had seduced for a night before making a hasty escape the next morning. He assumed she had only agreed in order to spite her father, though he liked to think that his charms had something to do with it.

But he could only keep the boasts going for so long. And as much as he was a student of the artform called "stalling for time", even he knew that it only worked for a short while. He holds up a paw to forestall the mongooses from attacking and locks eyes with Sharpfang. "Ye lot seem like right perilous beasts," he says in a thoughtful tone, "t'would be a shame t' kill ye when I be in need o' a good crew. One what can keep up w' me." He gestures to Rikki and Sandukan. "These two be some o' the deadliest fighters I've found, but the three o' us ain't enough t' crew a whole ship. An' with a name like 'Shackle-Breaked', I reckon ye be the sort what can appreciate a chance at plunder." He grins widely. "An' let me tell ye, matey, a ship's the best chance at plunder. Ye can go anywhere. Much easier than hangin' round in the forest an' waitin'."

Name
Charm! Marking One Exhaustion to Add One
2d6+2 1,6