Mystic Pearl [LPF]

FrancisJohn

Arcane Row
The Gulls District, Venza

Venza-Boardwalk.jpg.0acbf2d245efb60016eb998badbf0cc7.jpgOne of the mysteries of E’n is the phenomenon known as Arcane Row. Whether it is a manifestation of the Other World with multiple entrances, a relic of some ancient culture or some other abstruse or unknown explanation one thing is true: Arcane Row appears in some fashion in nearly every major community on E’n.

Arcane Row is filled with an ever-changing array of shops and seemingly mad hawkers selling items exotic and magical, bizarre creatures, and strange apparati. The Row looks different in every city it appears in; deep within the Gulls district of Venza, Arcane Row is approached either through the narrow Meraviglia Street lit by golden glasslights, or Glimmerweed Canal. Shoppers approaching from the canal are greeted by a two foot tall sandstone statue covered in flaking gold leaf and sporting a broad grin of razor sharp teeth. The landing opens up onto a courtyard floored with smooth paving stones and with an elaborately carved well-head in the center. A bewildering array of shops and stands are crammed cheek by jowl along every wall and in the courtyard.

While shops and hawkers fill every side of the Row the main attraction and seemingly the only constant in every wonderful manifestation of Arcane Row is:

The Mystic Pearl

Emporium of the Magical and Bizarre

Inside the Shop

ArcaneRow.jpg.c168b0944ad8e65dff4f7a232d7a707e.jpgA tiny storefront marks the entrance to this store, unassumingly decorated with a collection of dusty oddities in a window of thick paneled glass. Great mottled eggs, a stuffed bird of brilliant hue, a rusty cauldron, and a massive snakeskin are among the bizarre items on display. To those in the know however all that is important is the mark upon the door, that of a golden lamp proclaiming this as a gateway to the premiere magic store on E'n...

MysticPearl.png.f27e99d57f24bab41b7d88470c097db5.pngStepping inside you find yourself in a far large space than expected, in fact you can see no end to the rows and rows of shelves all lined with fascinating, but seemingly useless items. Straight ahead you see an oval counter behind which an shriveled old fellow possessed of a long dangling white beard - as if to make up for the lack of hair on his head - stands smiling in welcome. 'Almar Ben Shawari, Proprieter' a brass plaque announces.

AlmarBenShawari.jpg.922512c7794d55aebcbee7cee72d6385.jpg"Ah my friend! Welcome to the Mystic Pearl! How can I serve you this day? Please, look over my manifest and see which of my wonders might tickle your fancy and unburden your purse!"

The proprietor exclaims warmly, placing a series of beautifully illuminated lists before you proclaiming his wares.

Once you have decided upon what you want Almar Ben Shawari smiles hugely,

"Ah an excellent choice! I can see I deal with a person with an eye for quality! Let me see that will be..." He scrawls down the items you have selected on a small slateboard with each's price listed and a total below and shows it to you. Once you have paid, stroking his goatee with satisfaction, he produces a small golden bell and calls, "Saleem bring out the order!"

Some minutes pass before a small swarthy boy wearing a mutinous expression appears from amidst the maze of shelving with your items in hand, or particularly heavy or bulky items floating on a translucent disk behind him.

"There you are, enjoy, enjoy. And please always remember the Pearl's money back guarantee - we guarantee we won't give you your money back! Please come again!"

How to Use Arcane Row and the Mystic Pearl

Characters can only visit Arcane Row, commission an item, or pick up an item between adventures - barring GM permission. The player posts in this thread stating he buys an item from the inventory and deducts the cost from his gold total. If attempting to buy a magical item below the base value and not in the Pearl’s inventory (items above base value are not available unless in the inventory lists or by commission) the player will need to add the roll to his post. Please use Myth-Weaver's dice roller. If successful, deduct the cost from your characters gold total. With commissioned items post when the item is commissioned and also when the time has passed and the character picks up the item.

Mundane and Masterwork/Core and APG Weapons and Armor, Goods and Services, are available at all times. Items made of special materials and poisons are subject to the 25% rule, see below.

Magic, masterwork and other unusual items can also be sold for full value here. When selling an item, post what it is and its cost. Add that cost to your character’s wealth total. If there is an error a judge will contact you to get it corrected.

Purchasing and Selling Items

ThereSettlementSizeandBaseValue.png.e99c846659d678a7bc325deec80d92ee.png is a 25% chance that items below a community’s base value will NOT be able to be found and purchased. Rolls of 1-25 indicate failure to find an item. If you are seeking multiple items of the same type you must roll for each in turn, the first failure means there are no more in stock.

Items above that must be in the Mystic Pearl’s inventory or may be commissioned, see below. Base Values of communities that currently have access to Arcane Row are listed below. For reference, Venza is a metropolis.

Items above the community's base value still have a chance of being stocked. This chance of failure increases 5% for every 1,000 gp of value over the community's base. So, there is a 30% chance of failing to find something of 17,000 gp value in Venza on up to a 95% chance of failing to find something valued at 30,000 gp. This a way to introduce a randomly ever-changing stock.

Commissioning Items

Items commissioned by a character have a special waiting time before they can be used in Living Pathfinder. The waiting time is triple the length of time required to craft the item. For example, if a +2 Cloak of Resistance was commissioned the player would need to wait 12 real life days before it would be usable in game, since it costs 4,000gp and each 1,000gp requires a day of crafting, assuming the character is able to reach a magic shop. This would mean an expensive item could take months to come, though in game it would likely still arrive faster than its craft time.

To speed that process, a player can spend 1 GMC to bypass 60 real life days in the commissioning of an item. Commissioned items must be paid for in advance.

Special Items

From items of extreme legendary power to simple curiosities, there are items that have some combination of special mechanics and history that set them apart from run of the mill standard equipment pieces. They can be brought into the world by GMs and Judges, and listed here when made available to the public. Any player purchasing these items agrees to note the changes of ownership upon purchase and upon return, should the character 'outgrow' the item. If the player is not a judge with the ability to edit the Mystic Pearl thread, please notify a judge when changes in possession are made. Each item has its own description, mechanics, price and owner entries. When an item is currently owned by a player character, change the owner appropriately and move it to the designated section.

Special Items Available for Purchase

Ancient Longsword - Dating back to the Golden Age, this blade comes complete with authenticity documentation by Darvin Hurella, a local scholar. It is over 1000 years old and still in excellent condition. The steel alloy is a little different than current formulations, giving it a matte grey finish. Also, the cross-guard is notably smaller than the current standard.
-- mechanics: masterwork longsword
-- price: 315 gp
-- owner: Mystic Pearl, available for purchase

Top Hat of Magic Tricks - This black hat fits the style of the stage magician, but with actual magical power! The magic has been altered to produce the white hare of classic stage conjuration. It is also very stylish.
-- mechanics: Minor Bag of Tricks: Rabbit (weasel stats minus attach), Weasel, Turtle, Tiny Bird (Raven stats), Cat; 20% chance for each
-- price: 1100 gp

Ivory-Handled Rapier - This blade was used by Venzan fencer Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II for some time before moving on to a more potent magical weapon. The man has a preference for ivory handled weapons and uses one much like it to this day.
-- mechanics: +2 Rapier
-- price: 8320 gp

Old Thread

Older Thread

Edited by FrancisJohn (see edit history)

Raek Nathir, Half-orc Barbarian

RaekNathir-Token.png.2b06ae3c08e021fbebca05d703bb83d3.pngRaek enters the main drag of arcane row, marveling at all the shops lined on either side of the street. He is overwhelmed by all of the sights, sounds, and smells. Ready to enjoys the spoils of his newly acquired rewards for his first paid adventure, Raek spends the better part of the day haggling with various merchants, trading goods in and out, and overall improving his gear and outfitting himself for his next grand adventure!

Inventory for Level 2

Level 2: 1000gp

Arrows x40 2gp
Arrows, Blunt x20 2gp
Arrows, Flight x20 2gp
Arrows, Incendiary x20 10gp
Arrows, Pronged x20 2gp
Arrows, Whistling x20 2gp
Scale Mail 50gp
Bear Trap 2gp
Bedroll .1gp
Blanket .5gp
Cooking Kit 3gp
Fishing Kit .5gp
Grappling Hook 1gp
Hammer .5gp
Hammock .1gp
Pitons x20 2gp
Rope 100 ft. 2gp
Shovel, Common .02gp
Snowshoes 5gp
Survival Kit, Common 5gp (flint and steel, mess kit, water 1 day, maps, knife)
Charcoal .5gp
Gear Maintenance Kit 5gp
Leeching Kit 5gp
Orc Trail Rations x10 10gp
Pig Grease x5 .5gp
Daggers, Silver x5 20gp
Earthbreaker, Masterwork 340gp
Horsechopper, Cold Iron 20gp
Longbow 75gp
Lucerne Hammer 30gp
Nodachi, Masterwork 350gp
Backpack, Masterwork 50gp
Bandolier .5gp
Cold-weather Outfit 0gp

Total Carried: 988.22gp
Remaining Gold: 1.78gp

Stats

Character: Sheet, Thread

HP: 26/26

Hands:

Initiative: +2
Perception: +4

AC: 17
Flat: 15
Touch: 12

CMD: 18
FCMD: 16

Fort: +7
Reflex: +4
Will: +2

Edited by FrancisJohn (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tzac Xalatlson

Tzac wanders into the Mystic Pearl, the coin he earned with his recent adventure burning a hole in his satchel. He spends some time inspecting various staves and wooden polearms, before eventually settling on a finely crafted quarterstaff of superior make to the one he has been using. A short while later, to his delight he manages to unearth a pair of dan bong that match.

He then turns his attention to the rich assortment of potions available, and picks out several that seem especially useful. Regrettably, his desired potions of Mage Armor require some additional time to commission; however, the dwarf assures the proprietor in his usual ebullient fashion that he will return soon to collect this order.

Actions

Free Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action: Pick up MW quarterstaff and MW dan bong, for +300gp each, trading in the existing weapons. Also shop for a bunch of potions, as per rolls below.

Mini stats

Tzac Xalatlson - Lvl2

Tzac Xalatlson

M LG Dwarf Monk (unchained), Level 2, Init +2, HP 22/22, Speed 20 ft
AC 15 (+2 Dex, +1 Dodge, +2 Monk Wis), Touch 15, Flat-footed 12, CMD 20, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +2, CMB +5
Base Attack Bonus +2   
Unarmed strike +5 (1d6+3, x2)
Shuriken x15 +4 (1d2, x2; 10 ft)
MW (SFstyle) Quarterstaff +6 (1d6+4, x2) (blocking, disarm, distracting, performance, trip)
Dan Bong +6m/+5r (1d3+3/1d3, 19-20/x2; 10 ft) (blocking, disarm, distracting, performance, trip)
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition:

Edited by Sandstar (see edit history)
Name
Availability: potion of Hide from Undead
1d100 32
Availability: potion of Jump
1d100 95
Availability: potion of CLW
1d100 73
Availability: potion of Mage Armor 1
1d100 8
Availability: potion of Mage Armor 2
1d100 100

• 2 months later...

A square-jawed, ginger half-orc sidles into the Pearl, eyes wide.

"So. Much. Shiny," he whispers to himself. Shazer has himself a small adventure combing through the cloaks and jewels and weapons ("ooh! My favorite kind of blade!"). He winds up with his brows furrowed at the armor, though, none of which seems to be what he's looking for. Or perhaps it's just that none of it quite fits his height and shoulders.

"I'm looking for something light," he says. "And maybe something that just covers the vital bits. This hide is all over and it's just so warm, you know?" He sets about commissioning the kind of armor he needs....

OOC: If I've got this right, he can buy most of the items I want outright because of die rolls: +1 Scimitar, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, and Cloak of Resistance +1

Since he wants Mithral for his breastplate, though, that falls under the availability rules and the dice didn't like him on that. Where I'm confused is that, since it's not magical, the time to craft rules look a bit wonky to me. Magic item crafting has a clear GP to time correlation, but the non-magical craft rules looks like they involve checks each week to see if it's done? I'm going to assume I'm going by 1,000 gp = 3 days, so at 4,400 gp it's ... 15 days? I'll assume that for now and can be corrected sometime in the next few weeks, I suppose. :)

Edited by jkason (see edit history)
Name
Mithral Agile Breastplate
1d100 8
+1 Scimitar
1d100 59
Amulet Nat Armor +1
1d100 77
Cloak of Resistance +1
1d100 56

image.jpeg.38881d21f329ac1527d4096d64eec067.jpeg

Flush with coin, Randi saunters into the Pearl "I will need one of those fancy enchanted belts that helps your agility" she requests

Purchase a belt of dex +2 for 4000. Current cash 4759.8gp. New cash 759.8

Belt of Dex

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
Belt of Dex
1d100 40

spacer.pngKriss de Marechal, Priestess of Karran

Init +2 AC 17 HP 16/23 Initiative 1 Copycat 2/5 Adoration 5/5

Female Neutral Good Half Orc Cleric ,

Level 3, Init 1, HP 22/23, Speed 20'

AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 17,

Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 7,

CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2   

Horsechopper +1 Magic, +7 (+6 Power) (1d10+7 (+10), x3)

Cestus (1d4+4, 19-20/x2)

Javelins (2) +1 (1d8+4, x2)

MW Agile Breastplate,  (+6 Armor, +1 Dex +2 )

Shield (not in AC above +2)

Str 18 Dex 13 Con12 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 10

Positive Channels 3/day 2d6 DC13 Will Save (2 used)

Orisons: Light, Detect Magic, Stabilize, Resistance

1st level spells: Divine Favor (2), Charm Person (1) (used)

2nd level spells: Drunkards' Breath (2) 1 used, Invisibility (1) used

Copycat 2/5 Move Action (each mirror image lasts 4 rnds)

Adoration 5/5 Immediate Action DC13Will or they cancel attack

Condition None

Kriss walks into the Mystic Pearl behind Randi. She plonks her polearm on the table and then her breastplate. I need these upgraded and I'm looking for a cleric's pearl and an Ioun Stone...

Current Cash 3057 gp - 750 for (silversheen) -1000 (for +1) - 1000 (for Pearl) - 200 (for Ioun Stone) - 20 alchemical silver on cestus = -2970

= 87gp cash.

Rolls Silversheen (45), +1 (53), Pearl (28), Ioun (38), Alchemical Silver (38)

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Name
Silversheen on Polearm 2d10s for percentile
2d10 4,5
+1 enchantment on breastplate 2d10s
2d10 5,3
Pearl of Power 1st 2d10s
2d10 2,8
Cracked Incandescent Blue Sphere Ioun Stone 2d10s
2d10 3,8
Alchemical Silver on Cestus 2d10s for percentile
2d10 3,8

• 3 months later...

image.png.2d83ab22bc2b58b792432140a838a52d.pngBrengwynn the Fae Bloodedlevel 4 Half elf Sorcerer Fey Bloodline
HP: 26/26, AC: 16, tAC: 12, ffAC: 10, CMD: 11, Init +4, Perception +2

"Hello," Brengwynn greets the shop keeper, "I have some requests. I'd like some pages of spell knowledge made unless you have them in stock. One for Mage Armour and one for Magic Missile and a Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell, please."

"You don't have the last two? Oh dear. Could I have them made please? I can come back in a couple of weeks."

Page of spell knowledge Mage Armour (1000gp) - In stock

Page of spell knowledge Magic Missile (1000gp) - Out of stock, ordered

Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell (3000gp) - Out of stock, ordered

Show Spells and Abilities

Cantrips DC14
Daze DC16
Acid Splash
Prestidigitation
Disrupt Undead

First Level DC15
Sleep DC17
Colour Spray
Hideous Laughter DC17
Entangle

Second Level DC16
Glitterdust

Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell of the compulsion subschool, increase the spell’s DC by +2.

Laughing Touch (Sp): At 1st level, you can cause a creature to burst out laughing for 1 round as a melee touch attack. A laughing creature can only take a move action but can defend itself normally. Once a creature has been affected by laughing touch, it is immune to its effects for 24 hours. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Woodland Stride (Ex): At 3rd level, you can move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at your normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect you.

Actions

Free: 
Move: 
Standard: 
Full Round: 

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)
Name
Page of spell knowledge Mage Armour
1d100 84
Page of spell knowledge Magic Missile
SyntaxError: Unexpected token of
page of spell knowledge magic missile
Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell
SyntaxError: Unexpected token metamagic
lesser metamagic rod of extend spell
Page of spell knowledge Magic Missile
1d100 10
Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell
1d100 8

• 3 months later...

image.jpeg.38881d21f329ac1527d4096d64eec067.jpeg

Randi zips in and purchases one scroll before heading out the door.

purchase scroll of resist elements

26%+ is good

Name
26%+ is good
1d100 33