• Second Darkness
    • Wrath of the Righteous
    • Jade Regent
    • Iron Gods
    • Hell's Vengeance
    • Hell's Rebels
    • Strange Aeons

• 4 weeks later...

APs are herculean tasks in PbP. I ran Jade Regent on Myth Weavers on and off for five years and we only made it midway into module four. We had a chance if only I'd been able to maintain focus and momentum, but that's a hard thing to do for four years running.

On the other hand, it was probably the best campaign I've ever been involved in.

I know the feel. I'm running JR right now, though my stubborn head has to weave plotlines together from RotRL's Book 1 as well as transpose an early PF module into the Sandpoint Hinterlands. The group hasn't gotten into JR1 yet.

Better luck with an Iron Gods though that I'm running concurrently. That group has gotten through a custom dungeon, and are now solidly into the first third of IG1.

4 hours ago, Fiery Gift said:

I would like to do Wrath of the Righteous.

I could run Second Darkness or Reign of Winter.

When it rains, some say.

Grateful for your reply @Fiery Gift! @Naimless and I are also currently working out some details to perhaps co-run a concurrent pair of Hell's Rebels / Hell's Vengeance APs.

I'll look at WotR and see what I can come up with. So far my knowledge of the AP has been a very limited amount that I participated in during Book 1 in @ccanary's campaign, plus some parts of the Owlcats CRPG.

Between SD and RoW though, my current pick is definitely Second Darkness, as I'm already in a RoW run courtesy of @Inash.

I'll be honest. At this point there's things I do like and dislike about both sides.

Running WotR has that save the world thing that's really epic, plus I get to see the differences (and maybe strike a happy medium) between the AP and CRPG.

Con: UCamp mass combat rules; certain mythic rule stupidities.

On the other hand, running HR is smaller and easier resource-wise, as most of the campaign is focused on Kintargo, urban and intrigue is definitely a very viable option.

Con: The rebellion management rules reeks like UCamp's downtime rules.