Tavern Tables (IC Thread)

rogueblade0729

image.jpeg.eca23502d5ae8529bd3b3c2947248e00.jpeg“There’s an honesty to battle, once engaged. It focuses the attention.

I am Ntomi. What kind of place -is- this? I fear I am lost.”

Ntomi wears a long jacket with a sword over one shoulder, next to a small leather backpack. Around his neck is a silver pendant inscribed with a spiral, and he has both a dagger and mug at his belt.

===link to sheet===

• 1 month later...

Gwain| AC 14 | Ini: 4 | BAB +2 | Hit Points: 30/30 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Touch: +14| FF: +10 Fort: +5 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | PP: 7/7

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/51/13/4a/51134a1118bf20623f6a4fdb743e6798.jpg

An unkempt-looking Human enters the tavern followed by the average-sized wolf, Gwain observes obvious signs that something has happened not long ago and refrains from any questions for the time being. Rather he approaches rules nailed on the wall and reads them. Just commented with a kinda approving-sounding hmmm-ing, observing even the bartender has a better thing to do. He takes up one empty table and starts grooming his Animal Companion as it seems they pass through some dense thicket on the way here and don't bother anyone for the moment.

Surprisingly that apparently works as he's approached by some other newcomers and is out on a job before he gets to introduce himself to Tavern regulars. It would seem that saying that the surest way to get people interested is to have a pet with you scored another notch on its belt.

Fang

Wolf

Name: Fang

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/18/93/27/18932707c7a01fd158098998b9d8ddf4.jpg

Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+4 (36 hp) (I went with the same max health rule as for PC)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6+2)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Trip
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1*
Feats: Track, Weapon Focus (bite), Evasion (bonus), Improved Trip (lvl 1), Dirty Fighting (lvl 3)
Level: 3

Special: Link, Share Spells, Evasion
Tricks: Fighting Package (Attack, Down and Stay)

Trip (Ex): A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip
the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action without making
a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the
attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.
Skills: *Wolves have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when
tracking by scent.

Tools of the Trade

Weapon:

Longbow+1: 1d20+6, 1d8/1d8+5 (if target within 30 ft), x3)

Scimitar: 1d20+1, 1d8-1, (18–20/×2)

Dagger: 1d20+1, 1d4-1 (19/20x2)

Armor:

None (Inertial Armor Psionic Power lasting 3h)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Powers: [7]=Max Number Of Psi Points, [6]= Current Number Of Psi Points

Level 1:

Inertial Armor

Deflection Field

Extended Range

Precognition, Offensive

Spells:

Level 0 (4 Slot, DC 12):

- Light - Purify Food and Drink - Read Magic - Heat Water

Level 1 (3 Slot, DC 13):

- Cure Light Wounds - Entangle - Goodberry

Level 2 (2 Slot, DC 1):

- Barkskin - Kelpstrand

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.pngThe door opens slowly, and only halfway before there’s a flurry of motion through it. A young woman with elven features floats in, and flies to a seat near the bar. She’s smaller than most elves, perhaps not even three feet tall, but her voice carries.

”So, what’s recommended here?”

r3eEVpu5T46Y9D-NWTw9Ig.webp.83fe53cd17a954866d561de76ed00f5a.webpStumbling through the door comes a more-unkempt-than-usual looking young man. He's dressed like a scholar, though one who at some point was in funds, eyes peering around the tavern from behind lenses. A collection of slightly charred notes is clutched in one hand, and he turns his gaze downward to peer at them suspiciously before returning his inspection to the room proper.

"This doesn't look like any of the known afterlives." Agadhbodh's brow furrows, and his teeth worry his lips for a moment. "Mispronunciation-related displacement? Was it an unintentional elision of the twenty-second syllable? Did I improperly voice a glottal stop?" He sighs, glancing down at his notes again. "This is embarrassing."

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.pngJessica flies over to the newcomer’s table.

”What’s -your- story? Lose a scroll? Because I’m going to be honest, you don’t look like the ‘let’s drink at the tavern’ type.”

She eyes the new person up and down, wondering what had brought him…

A disheveled nerdy young man with glasses"Oh, hello." Agadhbodh peers at the young woman from behind his glasses. It doesn't seem so much a lecherous looking-over as it does an attempt to place her into a known category. An attempt that seems to have failed judging by the vaguely confused expression and continued attempt at study.

Finally seeming to give it up as a lost cause, he gestures vaguely at his slightly scorched notes. "I was attempting to recreate the Ur-language of creation to directly contact an extraplanar intelligence. There... there was an incident." The details of said incident are apparently not going to be provided at this time.

He starts to look around a little wildly, reaching up to run a hand through already-disheveled hair. "I think...." Agadhbodh stops, starts again. "I think it might have resulted in complete planar inversion. They're robust things though, surely? A little bit of language isn't going to cause the fundamental collapse of an entire plane, right?"

The young man isn't quite hyperventilating, but it's a close thing.

Edited by MrNeech (see edit history)

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.pngJessica crosses her legs and sits -on- the table because at two feet and change, the chairs here were just comically large.

”Relax. Things aren’t quite as fragile as all that. You’re much more likely to cause the collapse of the person casting the spell, and yet…here you are.

I feel ya. I got blown here by an ancient artifact that was not quite as inactive as I thought. I don’t suppose you’d be willing to buy us some drinks?”

A young man with unruly hair and glasses"Oh, no. It wasn't a spell at all." Whether he's just distractable, or a weirdo who needs to be right all the time, the small woman seems to have found the solution to halt incipient panic for the nonce. He waves the notes around and finally presents a page of them to Jessica, pointing to a string of mostly incomprehensible symbols and syllables.

"It's an Ur-language. Possibly the Ur-language." He nods excitedly, head bobbing something like a bird's. "In terms of magic, it's the sort of thing that gods used to speak creation from unbeing to being. Hence the worries of total planar inversion. What has been spoken can very much be unspoken."

He finally pauses to catch his breath, and her final statement seems to sink in. "Drinks? Oh, yes, I suppose. I have a bit of coin. I wasn't planning to be blasted to another plane, so I didn't really prepare, but yes, drinks, yes."

A nod and he roots around in a pouch, emerging with a handful of coins and handing them to Jessica.

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.pngWell, not raised at court, that’s for sure. Unpolished manners, but not malicious…strange. She reflected on all the people she knew who had perfect manners and didn’t care if you lived or died.

It takes two trips and two hands for the drinks, but Jessica returns with an ale for the stranger and a glass of sherry for herself. She looks over the papers, but frowns.

”Sorry, that’s not one of the languages I know. And no offense, but you don’t look like any god I know. Language is great, but don’t you also need some kind of godlike power? Or maybe a name?”

An awkward young man with disheveled hair and glasses"Sorry," he says as he watches Jessica carry the glasses. "I'm not used to elves being quite so small. Or flying. I should have gotten the drinks." He mumbles his way through the apology, cheeks reddening a touch.

He runs his fingers through his already messy hair and brightens on the subject of names. "Names are important! They help us contextualize and define things...." he trails off and blushes again. "But you were probably asking mine. It's Agadhbodh. It's nice to meet you. As for the rest - if you have the language you don't need to be a god or have power because the language is power. Which is why if you pronounce it wrong having your tongue explode is one of the least unpleasant possible results."

Alexis

spacer.pngThe tavern door creaks open again and a haggard-looking red-head stumbles inside, shoving it shut behind herself. She heaves a sigh of relief when it doesn't suddenly jump open again or the like. She is dripping wet and clutching her side where the water hitting the floor is tinged faintly pink. A mumbled apology is offered to the Bartender as she slumps into the nearest seat. A seat that just so happens to be near the "pixie" and Mr. Glasses.

The hand pressed to the wound is glowing a sickly black-green that hurts to look at, but seems to ease the pain based on her expression. A warm breeze wafts over the strange newcomer and the damp trail of footprints she left behind, drying them rapidly. Probably either the Bartender's doing or the Tavern itself keeping things clean, as the demon?-woman doesn't appear focused on anything but healing herself.

As she sits there, any who care to can get a good look at her. She's quite pretty, all things considered. If you're into women with horns and tails, that is. There's something ever so slightly off about her, but it's hard to place with a cursory examination. Mayhaps it has to do with the nasty-looking spell she appears to be healing herself with?

Eventually, her eyes open once more as she finishes treating her injuries, revealing them to be of an almost supernaturally bright green color. She asks for and then receives a cup of water and chugs it heartily before getting it refilled to drink more slowly. Who comes into a tavern and asks for water?!

[URL=/sheets/?id=2889416][B][SIZE=+1]Alexis Noveila[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female NE Tiefling Dread Necromancer/Duskblade, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 28/28, [B]DR[/B] 2/B and M, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft. [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 6, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 3 [B] Masterwork Short Sword [/B] +7 (1d6-1, 19-20/x2) [B] Light Mace [/B] +6 (1d6-1, x2) [B] Mithral Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 13 [B]Condition[/B] None
Alexis Noveila
Female NE Tiefling Dread Necromancer/Duskblade, Level 3, Init 3, HP 28/28, DR 2/B and M, Speed 30 ft.
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Masterwork Short Sword +7 (1d6-1, 19-20/x2)
Light Mace +6 (1d6-1, x2)
Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 13
Condition None
Current Effects
  • HP: 28/28
  • Darkvision 60 ft.
  • Resist Cold/Electricity/Fire 5
  • Darkness SLA 1/day (Caster Level 3)

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.png”It’s nice to meet you Aggabod? I’m Jess. I don’t expect you to really know about or comply with fey customs, but it’s expected to provide food and drink for your companions, and to receive such in return. It’s no trouble at all to get you a drink, I just didn’t want to spill anything. Poor form that. So, for me, buying a drink for myself is just…”

At that, Jessica turned to look at the horned woman who just entered. “Um, are you…are you ok? If you’re going to pass out, it would be nice to get fair warning. I’m afraid I don’t know where a good healer can be found.”

Alexis

spacer.png

The%20horned%20red-head%20blinks%20and%20her%20shining%20green%20eyes%20flick%20over%20towards%20Jess.%20%5Bcolor%3D%22red%22%5D%5BB%5D%22Hm%3F%20Oh%2C%20no.%20I'm%20fine%20now.%20Just%20had%20a%20bit%20of%20a%20run%20in%20with%20some%20racists%20who%20took%20exception%20to%20my%20existence.%22%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2Fcolor%5D%20She%20shrugs.%20%5Bcolor%3D%22red%22%5D%5BB%5D%22It%20happens%20sometimes.%20Had%20to%20jump%20through%20some%20random%20portal%20I%20stumbled%20across%20because%20there%20were%20too%20many%20of%20them%20and%20wound%20up%20here.%22%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2Fcolor%5D
The horned red-head blinks and her shining green eyes flick over towards Jess. "Hm? Oh, no. I'm fine now. Just had a bit of a run in with some racists who took exception to my existence." She shrugs. "It happens sometimes. Had to jump through some random portal I stumbled across because there were too many of them and wound up here."
%5Bcolor%3D%22red%22%5D%5BB%5D%22Hm%3F%20Oh%2C%20no.%20I'm%20fine%20now.%20Just%20had%20a%20bit%20of%20a%20run%20in%20with%20some%20racists%20who%20took%20exception%20to%20my%20existence.%22%5B%2FB%5B%2Fcolor%5D

[URL=/sheets/?id=2889416][B][SIZE=+1]Alexis Noveila[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female NE Tiefling Dread Necromancer/Duskblade, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 28/28, [B]DR[/B] 2/B and M, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft. [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 6, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 3 [B] Masterwork Short Sword [/B] +7 (1d6-1, 19-20/x2) [B] Light Mace [/B] +6 (1d6-1, x2) [B] Mithral Chain Shirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 13 [B]Condition[/B] None
Alexis Noveila
Female NE Tiefling Dread Necromancer/Duskblade, Level 3, Init 3, HP 28/28, DR 2/B and M, Speed 30 ft.
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Masterwork Short Sword +7 (1d6-1, 19-20/x2)
Light Mace +6 (1d6-1, x2)
Mithral Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 13
Condition None
Current Effects
  • HP: 28/28
  • Darkvision 60 ft.
  • Resist Cold/Electricity/Fire 5
  • Darkness SLA 1/day (Caster Level 3)

https://i.imgur.com/TqMrCh0.jpeg"Agadhbodh." He thinks about it, then shrugs. "You were close enough." His attention turns to the new arrival when Jessica's does, and he listens to her story.

"That sounds rather harrowing." The young man's eyes are wide behind his glasses as he studies the new arrival. He absently makes a few notes on one of his bits of paper as the two women talk. He finally takes a sip of the drink he has, then peers at it suspiciously.

Chailel | HP: 45/45 | AC: 19 | Touch: 14 | Flat-footed: 19parrot_1.jpg.d9465f213e169a3ccb279cca82f4e780.jpgotis_1.jpg.62e09946a87dd302c3cc8bfaf986d51f.jpgChailel_01.jpg.43cb3c52747ad53e6c97bfcda4399d92.jpg

Conditions

Chailel: Spirit Sight (See ethereal creatures), Draconic Aura (30ft, Fast healing 1 if < 1/2)

Favored Enemies: Evil Outsider (+4), Undead (+2)

Concentration: n/a

Chatterbox:

Otis: N/A

Chailel pipes up from a nearby perch, leaning back in his chair with his filthy, bare feet on the table. "Fortunately... or I reckon, unfortunately fer those who don't care much fer adventure, that's about the normal way o' things round here."

He tears a large chunk of bread from a loaf and stuffs it in his mouth, crumbs rolling down his beard and scattering across the floor. The bits only last a moment however, as the massive hound underneath him stirs just enough to snuffle them up and collapse again with a groan. "Lots o' folks runnin' from somethin' or toward somethin' or crossin' some boundary and gettin' all jumbled up. But, fear not... It's a decent enough place all told. Tha... cosmopolitan... nature o' tha inhabitants can take a little gettin' used to..." He gives the fiendish woman a little wink. "but, it serves as proof that most anyone can change fer tha better."

He gives the little elven woman a big toothy grin. "Everything here's on the house... otherwise I'd be screwed." His cheeks turn a bright scarlet as he chuckles jovially. "So unless you've got qualms about tha orderin' process itself... I reckon you'll be able ta fend fer yerself jest fine... should the need arise."

Actions

OOC