Tavern Tables (IC Thread)

rogueblade0729

Flaming DwarfFreshly back from the Dungeon of Lord Rhynehurst, Igni Firebeard entered the Tavern a little the worse for wear. The whole party was cut and bruised but they had some good experience under their belts and some coin in their pockets to show for it. Even at the Tavern, any fight you walk away from is better than the alternative.

Igni still felt weak though. Ever since that shadow had drained him of his life force he hadn't been quite himself. There was something missing inside him that needed to be restored. As a cleric of Tharmekhul he knew the undead were capable of causing permanent harm with only a touch but the divine magic required to fix such an ailment was beyond him for the moment.

At times like these it was best to rely on one's companions. "Does anyone know a good healer who can help with this blasted undead blight?" he asked.

OOC

Thank you @paladinred for the offer of some Restoration!

fBEsvsX.jpg
Ministatblock

Sheet:https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=893243
Name: Moon on the Water
Classes: Shugenja 7/Divine Oracle 1//Sorcerer 5/LA +3
Race: Half Fey

As Barrigan spoke a scatty half fey fluttered infront of him and spoke like a child "hello Mr Dwarf sir, I am called Moon and I can heal your wounds. Yes I can, yes yes yes. Now what is wrong good dwarf sir, fire man sir.....err what are you???

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Flaming DwarfIgni was surprised, but pleased, to have found a healer so quickly. The silvery half-fey was a most welcome sight.

"Azerblood is the term, but ye might as well think of me as a Fire Dwarf. It's close enough," he stroked his flaming beard demonstratively.

"I ran across a ghostly undead who sapped the life right out of me. I feel drained and my constitution isn't what it was. Can ye set me right? I'm happy to pay for yer trouble," Igni offered gratefully.

fBEsvsX.jpg
Ministatblock

The fey nods her head vigorously "yes yes yes I can, I need some diamond dust, 100 golds worth which you can get from the marketplace. I will show you if you do not know where to go" she said in her child-like voice.

Flaming Dwarf"Can't say I've ever needed much diamond dust before so a guide would certainly be a help. Don't think I actually introduced myself either, the name's Igni. Pleasure to meet ye Moon!" Igni recalls his manners at last and follows the fey to wherever they sell the diamond dust, buying 100gp worth from the vendor and handing it to Moon.

"Alright, diamond dust acquired. What's step two?" he asked in the manner of a student learning from his master.

fBEsvsX.jpg
Ministatblock

Moon takes the dust and begins to chant, she continues this and then begins to sprinkle the dust over Igni. The dust glows and Igni suddenly feels the weakness lifted from him and Moon draws out the blackness and the spell is done "there you go Mr Igni sir. Fixed ya right up yes yes yes". Moon then leads Igni back to the bar.

Flaming DwarfIgni closed his eyes and savoured the feeling of weakness leaving him and his life and vitality being restored. As Moon led him back to the bar he looked forward to the day when Tharmekhul would bless him with such power and he could do the same for others.

"Thank ye," he said sincerely, meaning those words more than most he had spoken in his life. "Being free of that creature's cursed touch means more than I can say. What can I do to repay ye? I have some coin from my last mission," Igni offered, not sure what the going rate for spellcasting was around the Tavern.

fBEsvsX.jpg
Ministatblock

Moon looked at Igni with a smile that was warm and sincere "all you have to pay is just the standard fee, that is 280 gold coins please" she said as she held out her hand.

Flaming Dwarf"Done, and gladly," Igni replied with an answering smile, handing over a small pouch containing the fee of 280 gold. "I was just about to have a celebratory drink with my companions from the last mission. Well, except for Snow who may not be one for drinking. Would ye care to join us for a round?" he invited Moon, gesturing to a nearby table.

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.pngAnother fey, and a skilled healer by the looks of things…that was no ordinary wound that befell the fire dwarf.

Jessica reminded herself that she was someplace new, and that the old rules did not automatically apply. Whomever this was, she might even be friendly, who knew?

fBEsvsX.jpg
Ministatblock

Moon looked over to the new girl and waved overenthusiastically "hello lady with the tattoos, my name is Moon. I am pleased to meet you, yes yes yes, I am" and Moon held out her hand. There was something about this woman that said she might be scatty but she is a competent adventurer.

• 3 weeks later...
Hoograwr
spacer.pngHooGrawr pauses at the doorway and adjusts her hat to ensure her 'normal halfling' appearance was in place. Sure, the tavern here was used to unusual creatures, but that's no reason to get out of the habit. She finds a table and settles in to listen and find out what she might have missed while on the plane of fire.

Actions/Rolls

Active effects:

Full

standard:

Move:

Free:

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=1794286][B][SIZE=+1]HooGrawr[/SIZE][/B][/URL] F CN/CG Just ... don't ask Owlbear/Barbarian 1 | Nymph, [B]Level[/B] 5, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 67/67, [B]DR[/B] 2/cold iron, [B]Speed[/B] 40 (swim 20) [B]AC[/B] 27, [B]Touch[/B] 17, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 25, [B]Fort[/B] 13, [B]Ref[/B] 10, [B]Will[/B] 8, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 5 [B]x2 Claw [/B] 10 (1d6+4, ) [B] Warhammer +1 [/B] 11 (2d6+5, x3) [B] Peck [/B] 5 (1d8+2, ) [B] Studded Leather Armor +1[/B], [B] Darkwood Shield +1[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect, +3 Natural) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 18, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 19 [B]Condition[/B] As Shown: Deceptively innocent form Natural form: Large size, no armor and -2 to AC and attack (from size change)
HooGrawr
F CN/CG Just ... don't ask Owlbear/Barbarian 1 | Nymph, Level 5, Init 2, HP 67/67, DR 2/cold iron, Speed 40 (swim 20)
AC 27, Touch 17, Flat-footed 25, Fort 13, Ref 10, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus 5
x2 Claw 10 (1d6+4, )
Warhammer +1 11 (2d6+5, x3)
Peck 5 (1d8+2, )
Studded Leather Armor +1, Darkwood Shield +1 (+4 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Deflect, +3 Natural)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 19
Condition As Shown: Deceptively innocent form
Natural form: Large size, no armor and -2 to AC and attack (from size change)

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.png<in Sylvan> “Jessica Blackthorn, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

She reaches out and gently takes the hand of the other fey. <In Common> “Your healing skills are impressive, Moon. Have you always been called to service?”.

Demiplanar Chaos

The Realm Folded Tavern is nestled peacefully in its own demiplane, a little pocket dimension where everything seems divinely appointed to support the adventuring life. Those of you who've been here for even a short while might be forgiven for feeling a sense of security and stability while here, almost enough to forget that a demiplane is little more than a droplet of reality held together by the inscrutable will of a fickle being of great power.

The precariousness of your situation is suddenly brought into sharp relief, as the walls of reality suddenly seem to unravel around you. The walls and ceiling seem to melt, your lungs suddenly feel as if there is no air to breathe here. The Job Board, with its swarm of multi-dimensional job announcements glimmering with magic, suddenly warps in grotesque fashion. You probably never gave a second thought to the fact that your feet rest on the ground here, yet you are suddenly struck with the eerie sensation that that is no longer happening. The rules and mechanics of reality suddenly seem more like halfhearted suggestions rather than steadfast rules, and no one ever told you how to follow those suggestions.

You're anchored to nothing. There is no Tavern. There is no Demiplane. Is there even a reality around you? What else could possibly be real in this void of unstructured nonsense?

Then, almost as soon as it began, reality slams its way back onto your shoulders, and you find yourself lying sprawled on the floor, across a table, somewhere. The Tavern does exist. Gravity does, in fact, hold you to the ground. But the place is a mess. The Job Board is crooked, but it's still clinging to reality, and those glowing contracts still tether the rest of the cross-realm adventurers to this place. But the tables are broken, bent, melted or surreally half-formed. Whatever you were drinking before now looks like something you'd rather not have in your hand. And the colors are all... just wrong!

And then you here a single name echoing in your ears:

"Cufwell Greenskin!"

"Cufwell Greenskin!"

"Cufwell Greenskin!"

Something big has just happened. You can feel it to your core, to your very soul. This name, "Cufwell Greenskin," means something to you. But you don't don't know what.

But this place doesn't quite feel so secure or inviting anymore. Is everyone okay?

OOC

This is some more flavor for the ongoing adventure, The Scythe and the Forge. Some major things are afoot for the Tavern as this mission nears its final climax! Hang on to your hats, everyone! It's all going to boil down to a single, big dice roll in a couple rounds.

image.png.f921f715d3c730e9357888ffc674b534.pngJessica reaches out and places her hands flat on the table for more stability.

“What was that? I understand this isn’t a ‘normal’ place, but that felt strange even for a abnormal location. Are we about to scattered across the multiverse? Or just get discorporated from massive amounts of energy? What would you even -do- about that? It’s not like you can just hide under a table, that won’t help at all. Well, it could make you feel better, but that makes no sense because it won’t help…”

She reaches for the ‘goblet’ of wine, and drinks quite a bit. Maybe it’ll even help.