Zora ask for check up

wrathgon

When's crew back together within the first week? Zora makes an appointment to see you. Always happy to meet one of the crew in books sometime somewhere Private in case there's information, don't others? You know about you know how to figure out that. She gives you 2 vials of liquid. That is about the amount of a syringe would be a last Sue to investigate what it is. And the few could do a check up on her. There's a couple of things that have come up over the years that she's in trust anybody else too ask about.

Farhvan.jpg.9e42a5d6cd2208109482a6f84ff41a25.jpgFarhvan was happy to give Zora an examination, it was the reason the captain paid him the medium bucks after all. As usual he started in a medi-scan both of Zora and the vials to catch anything easy to identify. Still while he didn't say anything, he was pretty well acquainted with those who "self medicated. He kept his tone light as he moved from the scans to a more formal exam, comparing her to the baseline he took after first boarding the Wandering Soul. " "So, anything you are particularly worried about? Or has all of this time travel and dimensional bubble stako gotten to you as well?"

OOC/Mechanics

Using omni-tool to perform a Health Scan on Zora and then the vials

Each takes 30 seconds and identifies poisons, disease or other health-related problems.

Medicine check to make a diagnostic (for something odd the health scan might miss)

Minutes

Name
Medicine check
1d20+17 18
Minutes
10d6 5,3,4,1,4,3,2,2,1,6

Spot

So Mass Effect d20 doesn't have Computer Use as it's own skill but rather has it broken into more specific skills so here's a D20 roll and you can add what's appropriate

Base Roll

Electronics + 16 (for manipulating physical devices or catching electronic signals)

Damping +6 (shutting down electrical systems)

Decryption +8 (decrypting code (discerning the purpose) or overriding electronic security)

Name
Spot
1d20+7 15
Base Roll
1d20 8

So you're looking over the scans link comparing them And you notice something that is odd..

So you can accept scans from other devices that you may need to use.

To scan patients, and when it does that, it sets the scan to an outside source as little code at the bottom of the scan page. And so when you scan with your device. Scan now is coming back like you've used an external scanner even though you're using med tool. You try again and same thing happens.

You're gonna have to go dig into your code or your systems to figure out what's going on. Her scands look Normal. By the way, so wherever the scan report is coming from. Either that's feeding your skin or false information. And cheese is or has a problem. Alright, so I'm sort of inflicted after you repaired it.

The liquid is not known substitutes. It does have traces of I don't know metal but it looks like it is meant to bind with blood cells. Also has Nanomachines swimming around doing stuff. This world is cover in there an no one really knows what they are or can do. You all have your anti nano devices but they already inside u so pointless now.

So you need to make a check on what Skill you would use to debug or go through your device for I anomalies.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

" "Come on you little pyack" Farhvan cursed as his equipment started acting strangely. He deftly initiated some basic diagnostics, moving on to more in-depth ones as he hunted the problem. The nanomachines were troubling though, he initiated a quarantine procedure, even if it was likely too late. "Where did you get these? And are you feeling alright?" He queried Zora as to the origins of the bizarre situation.

OOC/Mechanics

Electronics covers diagnostics of electronic equipment so we'll go with that.

8+ 16 = 24 (DC to run a diagnostic is usually 12)

So you're one step closer, in the time It takes you to scan whatever is sending you The data is able to hack your tool. Load the scan it onto tool. To see all without your tool knowing that it's doing that.

You find the actual scan on your tool it's blank.

• 2 weeks later...

After being taken aback for a few moments, Farhvan's fingers flew as he began trying to both trace the signal and interpret any foreign code he might find in his omni-tool

OOC/Mechanics

Question: Which scan are is blank? The one of Zora?

Electronics To trace whatever his infecting his Omni-tool

Action Point

Decryption To try and figure out more about any code or signal I uncover with the Electronics check

Action Point

Name
Electronics
1d20+16 17
Action Point
keep(2d6, highest) 3,1
Decryption
1d20+8 9
Action Point
keep(2d6,highest) 1,1

yes the zora scan from your tool is blank no info but a copy of an older scan is being replaced.

As you look into this, you find that this has been happening for months before we got here. You track back when the last real scan you got and it is way back just before the party went to the Death Zone on the station! Zora did not come with you and she was on the station doing other stuff.

THe signal is easy to trace, its coming from Zora herself!

Though thoroughly surprised by his findings, Farhvan did his best to maintain his composure. "Hey Zora, did you have any med work done on the old station while? My medical scans are being interfered with, and seeing as you brought me some vials of nanotech, I'm thinking that you might have some nannies in your system. It'd be helpful to know if you volunteered to have them there or not."

He kept his omni-tool up as if continuing to scan, but he primed an offensive subroutine on the off chance that Zora was forced to do something violent by her potential "guests"

OOC/Mechanics

Readying to Use Neural Shock on Zora if she becomes hostile at the mention of the nanites (Farhvan has gotten a bit paranoid due to past encounters).

She seems to take a moment to think and you tense for something then she says " hmmm No I did not get any work done on the station. I went shopping for gear and new techs like everyone else. I was going to get a manual on our ship race, the phase spiders when you guys went to the Death Zone, so I was on the station a few days as I got access to the info and copied it. Nothing I can think that would interfere, rather than have you or Enoch install anything to be honest. Well that stuff came out after I was shot up both time with the age treatment, did you ever scan it before you took it?(They would not allow that BTW). As for nanomachines everyone has some in them here, they world is filled with them unless you live in a bubble or have a 24 hour nano shield you got some in you"

Maybe you need a full body scanner to get a better idea, did you have one of those in your upgrade?