Zora ask for check up

wrathgon

Though thoroughly surprised by his findings, Farhvan did his best to maintain his composure. "You may have a point about the nannies, but as far as I can tell I've been getting proper medical scans from the others and there's something keeping me from getting an accurate scan from you." Several ideas raced through his head, some solutions being a bit too barbaric to use except as a last resort. "It's good that you're feeling fine, but I'd like to run a few more tests and I'm afraid I'll need some samples."

Provided that she's willing Farhvan takes some blood samples and, does a scan of one while in the room with Zora, attempting to intercept the signal code altering his scans and then copy it for further analysis. If he detected tampering then he'd have Zora remain and would attempt another scan in the workshop area of the Ship, hopefully the reinforced walls would keep a signal from penetrating.

OOC/Mechanics

Electronics to intercept signal (DC for an expertly protected signal is 28, not sure how it exactly interacts with whatever is happening though)

Electronics to copy signal signal vs DC 20

Name
Electronics to intercept signal
1d20+16 20
Electronics to copy signal signal
1d20+16 4

you dont get a copy of the code, its more advanced than your tool( so PL 9) so you note that even before it hacks in your tool cant scan her, so all it does is hack in and make the tool think the scan worked but even if you stop that doesn't mean you can get a scan cause that is failing regardless of the fake scan or not.

You take the blood to the workshop and try to scan again same thing happens, this time the signal is coming from the blood. You note you can even scan the blood type no info is coming back on the blood. This may need some old-school tech or maybe a computer expect like Enoch.

Farhvan will use some the microscopes (i can't remember which lab has those) to do a visual examination of Zora's blood after noting that it shared the same signaling properties. Best to get a better idea of what was going on before involving Dr. Pendergast.

You put the sample under the lens and put your eye into scope its black. pitch black. You check the lens, it cracked. Stange was not like before you got a replacement which you replace it put sample into the trap side it in, blank again, another crack len hmmmm that cant be right....

Given how whatever was in the sample had foiled other forms of observation, Farhvan assumed that it was damaging the lens in some fashion. Getting another lens, Farhvan reached out with his off hand and surrounded the sample with a small biotic dome. While the barrier might distort the image a bit, hopefully it would prevent interference from whatever was in the sample. Brow sweating from the focus, Farhvan used his free hand to sight in the image on the scope.

OOC/Mechanics

OOC: Sorry was kinda at a loss for how to move forward for awhile.

Attempting to Use Biotic shield dome (Mass Effect d20 pg 146) to surround the sample to contain whatever is in there. *Technically* the user can dictate the radius or use it to cover another and can make it so it blocks attacks/movement from the inside.

• 2 weeks later...

Perturbed and glad that he hadn't done a more invasive investigation on Zora lest she also self immolate, Farhvan records the strange phenomenon and decided that it might be best to get a consultation from Dr. Pendergast. He sent a com message to the Enoch. <<Dr. Pendergast, there's a medical matter that I need to consult you on. Please meet me in the workshop>>

Farhvan shook his head as if thoroughly perplexed. "Well, Zora came to me for a routine check up, and so I started with a basic med scan with my omni-tool. Everything seemed fine, but I detected something affecting the feed. Turns out something from within Zora has been altering any attempts to get information relating to her health. Furthermore the affect seems to apply to biological samples as well." He gestured to the cracked lenses and the destroyed sample, "Even was able to physically crack a scope lens and when I prevented that with a barrier the sample immolated itself. Given all these anti-observation methods I'm guessing we're dealing with tech here, probably nano tech and quite advanced stuff too. That or some intelligent virus that's toying with us." He gave the more experienced doctor a chagrined smile, "Honestly I was hoping you might have some ideas."