The Lady Luck Alehouse

Sorithar

• 2 weeks later...

Checking out the map, I see two groups of icons marking the location of the party. Are we at the top or the bottom left of the map?

I take it the arrows on the ramp point down the ramp. Do we know where all of them go? And also, the stairs on the right, do they go up or down? And do we know where they lead?

Sorry if I should know this stuff, but I am not remembering it.

12 hours ago, Draidden said:

Checking out the map, I see two groups of icons marking the location of the party. Are we at the top or the bottom left of the map?

I take it the arrows on the ramp point down the ramp. Do we know where all of them go? And also, the stairs on the right, do they go up or down? And do we know where they lead?

Sorry if I should know this stuff, but I am not remembering it.

Map edited, thank you for asking.

All ramps from this level that the WotW have found lead up. I've annotated them to help the players recall where each led.

Qwynn and Finwe have not seen most of these entry points and so may not have known to ask, but in the time you've spent with the company, Dolan, Baldin or Trammel probably filled you in, so you'd know:

• Of the two ramps in the Hall of the Pool, one is completely rubble choked and the other the WotW have not yet explored.
  • The WotW arrived on this level while fleeing a company of goblinoids with a troll. They happened upon a secret door, by Tymora's blessings just in time, and behind the door was a stair leading down to this level.
  • The WotW did not discover the ramp across from that stair until later, but when they travelled up it a floating skull on the ramp shrieked out an alarm and the WotW were beset by cultists, including some dragonkin, in a long hallway when they reached the top of the ramp. They had to flee before they got to explore further, though they did slay many cultists, human and half-elf, including casters, and a dragonkin before they fled.
  • The ramp up and down to the Halls held by Clan Ironaxe is familiar to you.
  • On a separate note, the white arrows on the map indicate the location and direction of chalk arrows Dolan left when the WotW first got to this level in an effort to track their progress.
  • Also of note, the WotW stopped the flowing water from the sluices on the column in the center of the Hall of the Pool by entering the column and disabling the controls. A wooden hatch the company discovered in the column led to a wide shaft, rising up and falling down. At the bottom was some sort of device pumping water upward and a swarm of ghostly rats that sapped several member's strength and even Baldin's light could not banish. (https://og.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=15875624#post15875624)
Edited by Sorithar (see edit history)

Thank you. Very helpful.

Do we have a way out of this room we are in, on this floor?

If so, I am assuming it is to the south. Perhaps we could go and check out the hallway just north of the pool and finish exploring that? I am of the mindset of trying to clear this floor as best we can and explore all of it before moving to another.

Is that okay with everyone else?

9 hours ago, Draidden said:

Do we have a way out of this room we are in, on this floor?

The chamber you're in is accessed through a secret door the WotW found in the corridor to the south (what seems like a solid wall). Given the state of the chamber, it is clear you might be the first to enter it in a long time, but this is already the third time the WotW have been in here, the last with Qwynn and Finwe, so there is a clear path in the thick dust between the door, now closed behind you (but not locked, there is no mechanism to do so) and the handholds in the wall leading up through a ceiling shaft to the small chamber above.

As there were no encounters on the way and you moved briskly, I simply moved you here, but you technically travelled through the Hall of Portals and the Hall of the Pool to this chamber.

9 hours ago, Draidden said:

If so, I am assuming it is to the south. Perhaps we could go and check out the hallway just north of the pool and finish exploring that? I am of the mindset of trying to clear this floor as best we can and explore all of it before moving to another.

The WotW did explore that area to the north some, moved the map to show this. Just FYI.

6 minutes ago, Sorithar said:

The GotW did explore that area to the north some, moved the map to show this. Just FYI.

Right, but unless I am mistaken it looks like if we go up the north passage to that first intersection, that there is another passage leading to the east/right.

And I guess another question is, the trap in the upper left corner at the end of the hall. Is that the end of the hall or did they just not try to go past the trap?

These are possible sites I see to explore. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is using the numbers along the top and then side of the map.

Hallway around 6.5 x 1.75 with the trap in it.

Unexplored ramp at roughly 5x5

Possible Hallway at 2.75 x 0.75

Hallway? at 7.75 x 1.75 or is it just an alcove?

Large room with 4 pillars at 7.5 x 5, looks like south has not been fully explored.

To make things a bit easier, I've added "X" where it previously seemed to the WotW that there was more to explore.

As for the traps noted, the WotW found them and decided not to disturb them for different reasons. The one in the Northwest has been set by the dwarves of Ironaxe and the WotW decided not to disturb it.

The one to the Northeast is an older trap that they discovered before they encountered the dwarves and decided to leave at the time.