The Lady Luck Alehouse

Sorithar

As long as we are on this level, why don't we go ahead and check out some of the unexplored areas? The closest seems to be this passage to our east with the trap in front of it. We could either try to disable the trap or just go past it if we can manage it without triggering it. Then we can check out what is beyond the trap.

Interestingly, I think it bears mentioning at this point that this statement could not have been made by Finwe because, incidentally, no one in the group had been mapping any of the group's progress. So with the exception of the few notes Qwynn has made of some locations, the group, including their guide, have no real reference to speak of other than places they've been personally and even then, they have only a vague idea of their relative location (save for the dwarf guides who know the portions of the halls they've been to like the back of their hands). Therefore, lacking a document or personal reference, Finwe would not be able to reference the "passage to our east" or "the trap in front of it". Just FYI.

My bad. I made the assumption that the dwarves and previous party members had been mapping the areas as they uncovered them and that they were sharing the info with us.

Can we assume that Finwe got this info from the dwarves before the group left? If so, then he will be taking a little extra time, from now on, to add to the rough map he has.

16 hours ago, Draidden said:

My bad. I made the assumption that the dwarves and previous party members had been mapping the areas as they uncovered them and that they were sharing the info with us.

Can we assume that Finwe got this info from the dwarves before the group left? If so, then he will be taking a little extra time, from now on, to add to the rough map he has.

No worries, I just figured you'd made an assumption of that nature and wanted to clarify. We can let it stand, no need to edit.

He could have gotten some info from the WotW, but the dwarves are loath to cooperate with or approve any mapping, lest a map fall into the wrong hands. Bettargh frowns in disapproval whenever Finwe takes out parchment to make maps or map-like notes, but does not dissuade you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 8:57 AM, Chaotic Weevil said:

I am trying to find it but failing, wasn't there a shadow in the column area that Baldin turned but we never managed to destroy? I wanted to bring it up but maybe I was just hallucinating this.

The two shadows you encountered were destroyed by Baldin.

Whether there are other or not...

Either way, it reminds me you did explore this whole hall, save the center of it. So revealing it on the map.