OOC Chat

Jedaii

@darlis moonbeam Rhys is Charmed and must treat the old man as a trusted friend providing aid and protection for at least the next 24 hours.

Also I was wondering why you didn't have any gold: you bought a warhorse but forgot to buy arrows for you bow 🙄 Might want to fix that (you can switch to a riding horse and use the extra gold for arrows).

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

1 hour ago, darlis moonbeam said:

I just removed his throwing knife. He can buy one of those later. A riding horse would not be as well trained as a warhorse which is pretty big part of his build in how he interacts with his horse. He now has Arrows and 2 gold left over.

Looks good 👍

Scene: The hydra is roughly fifty feet from shore and moving about ten feet a second through the waters. It's big: probably at least fifty feet in length (the PCs can't see all of it yet but its three necks are nearly twenty feet long each). It is night which won't affect most of the PCs and moonlight gives some visibility. I forgot to add the dogs go crazy barking at the lake-monster and the horses get very unsettled - are they all tied up? If not, all but warhorses will attempt to run away! If untied the dogs will run for the shore barking at the monster.

What do the PCs do?

...I feel like our party is in way over their heads, unless the 'hydra' is an illusion even if the hyrda is an illusion. It looks like we're dealing with a high level spellcaster here, but other than that I'm not certain what the old man's game is. He may be trying to make us flee without some or all of our possessions so that he can take them, or maybe he's trying to put use between him and the hydra.

Oh crap, I just remembered that if fail the roll to disbelieve in this system, illusions can still hurt you.

...Ethraniel brought two dogs, but there are three on the map.

Rolled for detect illusion, but badly. Thalgack isn't going to spot anything this time I think.

19 hours ago, CJL said:

...I feel like our party is in way over their heads, unless the 'hydra' is an illusion even if the hyrda is an illusion. It looks like we're dealing with a high level spellcaster here, but other than that I'm not certain what the old man's game is. He may be trying to make us flee without some or all of our possessions so that he can take them, or maybe he's trying to put use between him and the hydra.

Oh crap, I just remembered that if fail the roll to disbelieve in this system, illusions can still hurt you.

...Ethraniel brought two dogs, but there are three on the map.

Rolled for detect illusion, but badly. Thalgack isn't going to spot anything this time I think.

Right players can always make a Perception save to "disbelieve" but only if the PC has a strong suspicion that an illusion is present. Fits this scene 👍

Updating today or tomorrow.

On the one hand, Thalgack has already spotted an enchantment spell on the old man. On the other hand, enchantment also has conjured creatures and charm, so there are options other than illusion to pull a creature. If I say in character that it's an illusion, is that enough to count as 'strong suspicion'? And does my character's ability to detect illusions figure into that?

7 hours ago, CJL said:

On the one hand, Thalgack has already spotted an enchantment spell on the old man. On the other hand, enchantment also has conjured creatures and charm, so there are options other than illusion to pull a creature. If I say in character that it's an illusion, is that enough to count as 'strong suspicion'? And does my character's ability to detect illusions figure into that?

The hydra doesn't appear to be illusory or he'd know. Mages automatically discern illusions IIRC.