The Hanger

darkhugh

Will be looking to post today, and then give everyone a single post for this segment and then call for end of segment rolls and then end the thread.

So expecting 2-3 posts for you guys left. I will then dish out XP, but NOT end session one. We will then have a 'planning' thread for future conflicts etc, so I want you to have you XP before that so you can decide stuff to help in the planning etc.

It's hard to plan a strategy without knowing entities abilities/stats, the only thing I'd alter is silver support troops, the vtol aren't effective*, I'd pick something that deal damage to pair with turrets

*Anya has loner flaw, Emiko is a caster(and will get a sword sooner or later) Zelda is a switch hitter, who will focus on shooting in future but right now it's 50/50.

With 4 pilots we should be able to fully nullify an entity with ease, what we lack is reliable damage.

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

It's hard to plan a strategy without knowing entities abilities/stats, the only thing I'd alter is silver support troops, the vtol aren't effective*, I'd pick something that deal damage to pair with turrets

*Anya has loner flaw, Emiko is a caster(and will get a sword sooner or later) Zelda is a switch hitter, who will focus on shooting in future but right now it's 50/50.

With 4 pilots we should be able to fully nullify an entity with ease, what we lack is reliable damage.

You do have info on your opponents, but also the planning thread should give more info if you need it. You can see the report in the Knowledge Bank thread, the enemy will be Hariti, though technically not confirmed in game yet I am happy to confirm it now as you will have it known at the start of the next thread. Though you also have Gazardiel if you wish to start you own fight and get bonus XP etc.

I guess, for the sake of speed, if majority of players don't see the benefit of a RP tactics thread I can do a small info dump and leave it at that. Then we can roll straight into session 2, let me know within 48 hours!

I don't see much utility with a rp tactics thread and I can't see Zelda volunteering for an optional battle, it's not worth it, she's here to spy London nerv, not travel the world to catch pokemon

Will wait for other people to give their 2 cents and then I will likely drop an info dump on mechanics etc and then let you guys decide on things OOC.

An RP tactics thread might be useful for interactions between the PCs, as they determine whether they are on the same wavelength and so on. That said, it might not really be worth the investment if there just isn't much to discuss or disagree on yet. All in all, I'll go with what the majority decides.

I'm not sure how optional fights would work, though. I'd think that who we fight wouldn't generally be up to us, what with the chain of command? Unless we're going rogue, but it seems early for that...

I see the value in an RP tactics thread, both from the POV of my PC and OOC.

We need to all get on the same page tactics-wise, and settling that IC also nets us XP presumably, along with getting everyone on the same plan spy-wise, which is even more important.

So far, we all appear to have very different approaches to our duties, and while that's fine--more approaches mean more vulnerabilities covered--we need to coordinate our efforts, as well as make sure we all are good with each other.

So I'm firmly behind IC Planning Thread.

I think an in character planning session might be useful as we now have a fourth pilot so it would be good to discuss tactics and we have barely had any time with Mikhail yet.

Also up for an optional fight, for exp OOC. IC it might help build trust with NERV and help us prep for bigger fights.

We will do a short RP thread on tactics, I will reward XP before it etc so you can discuss new talents and the like. You can also then ask some questions about the Entities you are facing, I will put up the rules for optional combat later.

As a note, this is a tactics thread for NERV operations only. You will be in the room with NERV people. Talking about spy stuff you should do in game when its just you lot, though I am happy for you to chat OOC, as there is a dedicated thread for the spy tactics stuff etc.

Silver casually mention being a war criminal to Oliver, poor guy.🤣

Theres so much stuff i dont know about the other characters, i look forward to meet this Rebecca

There's darker shit in Silver's closet, although if she could get away with "disappearing" Miss Rebecca Jordan, she'd do it in a heartbeat for all the shit that that journalist has caused, for Silver and other people around Silver.

Silver will give the Pilots the "Beware Rebecca Jordan" talk before the press conference.

And Silver was using quotes, actually quoting something Rebecca Jordan had said about Silver.