The Black Moss-Hag of Lug epilogue

Saltimbanco

Magnus looks at the blade and says, " I am indeed a viking and a cleric of Lunaqqua the goddess of the seas, travelers and of sailors. I am not sure who the fallen viking worshipped but I can do a proper burial. His family is probably really far away and if he was a worshipper of a warrior deity, then you wielding his weapon and using it in future battles will be honorably and noble and won't be an issue. I also have been trying to find my way home too. "

96c7e199aa033daa88c620ee51b5e0d9--character-ideas-character-inspiration.jpg.55b6fd5c66e7e5d64d5f91559140e95f.jpg

Magnus' answer was satisfactory, bringing a smile to Luciana's face.

"Very good. I am not so familiar with Lunaqqua, nor her ways, as I hail from Zakath Desert and venerate Lady Artemis. Still, I sense you an honorable soul, and I give the benefit of the doubt to those that are not outright evil. Mayhap you never prove my trust wrong," she said, offering her arm to clasp his after sheathing Thorn.

"We would have you join us, for a share of the wealth. Perhaps we will find your way home one day."

Luci turned to their host. "You have my word we will find this Ssleessik and put an end to its machinations, as well as find the stone it seeks. I hope that does not mean bloodshed, but if holds malcontent in its heart, I shall slay the creature in the name of my Goddess. This, I swear."

Stats

Human Paladin LG
Reaction/Loyalty +2
Immune to natural diseases and fear
Sense Evil

HP 11/11 AC 4 (5 vs. Evil) DR 1
Saves 16 (vs. all +2)
Speed 30 ft

Healing Hands 2/2
Cure Disease 0/1 (3 days to recharge)

Fighting Ability +1
Thorn, +1 Broadsword +3 @3/2 1d8+4 (d10+4)
Footman's Mace +0 @1/1 1d8+2 (d10+2)

*STR 17 DEX 12 CON 15 INT 8 WIS 8 *CHA 17

Morrull- Common Stock, Scout (1)

1114987654fullres.jpgArmorStudded Leather AC = 6
Small Shield +1 to AC
DEX +1 to AC
AC: 5/4 | HP: 7/7 (d6) | AttributesST: 11
Attack Mod: +0
Damage Mod: +0
Test of ST: 2/6
Ex Feat of ST (%): 4%

DX: 17
Attack Mod (missile): +2
Defence Adj: +1
Test of DX: 4/6
Ex Feat of DX (%): 32% (+8% due to Class)

CN: 15
Hit Point Adj. +1
Poison/Rad. Adj. +1
Trauma Survival (%): 85%
Test of CN: 3/6
Ex Feat of CN (%): 16%

IN: 13
Languages: +1
Bonus Spells by Level: N/A
Learn New Spell (%): N/A

WS: 8
Willpower Adj. +0
Bonus Spells by Level: N/A
Learn New Spell (%): N/A

CH: 16
Rxn/Loyalty Adj. +1
Max. Henchmen: 8
Undead Turning Adj. N/A
| Speed, Saves, ATKsSpeed: 50'

Saves 16 +2 vs. Device, Avoidance; +1 vs Poison/Rad

FA 1 THAC0 = 19

Horseman's Pick +0 (1d6); +2 vs. plate armors
Dagger +0 (1d4); thrown: +2 10/20/30
Sling +2 (1d4) 50/100/150
| Class AbilitiesAgile: +1 AC when unarmored & unencumbered
Alertness: -1 on d6 vs. being surprised
Backstab: +4 to hit; x2 damage (1st-4th level)
Controlled Fall: 10' per character level
Detect Secret Doors: 3:6
Determine Depth/Grade: 2:6 (1st-4th level)
Disguise: 1:12 failure (c.f. CH = 16+)
Extraordinary: +8% to DX feats (already included)
Run: MV = 50 when wearing no or light armor
Track:
wilderness: 7:12
non-wilderness: 9:12
| Thief Abilities Climb 9:12
Discern Noise 4:12
Hide 6:12
Manipulate Traps 4:12
Move Silently 6:12
Open Locks 4:12

These include Attribute bonuses, if any.
| LanguagesCommon
Keltic (Goidelic Dialect)
| Special EffectsBlessings of Rel; +1 to next Open Locks attempt |

Morrull, having explained the essence of his scheme to Luciana and Iodás, completed his other business: selling and buying new equipment; making up gossip in hopes of hearing bits of real news and so forth; establishing contacts with the "Clerks of the Night" and (as per Out of Adventure RP) leaving 8.00 gp at the Temple of Rel ... as it was called, for the support of widows.

Early the following morning, he made his way out of Swampgate via the Ranger's Gate. He spent a few minutes before dawn chatting with the guards before the gates were opened: this way, word would get around that he was on his way north to consult with Rangers there.

He moved swiftly as was the wont of his profession: he passed north beyond the bridge crossing Slades Creek and past an outlying farm. Here, having assured himself that he would not be observed; we went off road to the west and then SSW. As he drew near to the West Road, now a couple of miles SW of Swampgate, he found a copse or dell or other place to effect his change of clothing: his adventuring clothes tucked away, replaced by garb of clearly Keltic cut and styling; of the merchant class, though of modest means; a characteristic cap known on Old Earth of another Time as a "Tudor Cap."

He munched on some jerky to await a moment for the road to be clear in both directions before emerging onto it in the direction of Swampgate.

His mind was somewhat busily engaged in the business of putting himself into character and muttering to himself in Keltic-inflected Common when he realized that the shadows were lengthening in front of him and that he was overtaking another lone traveler.

After some few moments of awkwardness ... whilst the road was somewhat well traveled and Swampgate just a few miles distant, danger was an omnipresent reality in Hyperborea ... the two men had exchanged some modest small talk and Morrull had established himself in this one's mind as Artagan (Macc Mochta), Purveyor of Antiquities.

"Myself? I am seeking secrets, said the traveler. Secrets of fire and of metal. Do I think I will find them in Swampgate? Not likely. But this is the path I find myself on, so might as well see where the road takes me." Tuuz Harcozh smiles wistfully. The fire-weaver chews on a bit of dried meat while walking along the road. A chance encounter or is this where I am supposed to be?

"And what of you Artagan? What brings you to Swampgate?" Tuuz almost seems to speak absently, but his sharp hazel eyes are focused.

I? replied the Scout. I am a Purveyor of Antiquities. Word reached Khromarium of possible finds of archaeological interest in the bogs hereabouts. Alas, it has been a poor season for woolens and sausages, so I thought to investigate the rumors: such things are closer to my heart, though perhaps not so kind to my purse, he laughed, in the manner of a man who had lost a great deal of money, but whose eternal optimism refused to bow to Fate.

"Fire and metal? Are you a weaponsmith perchance? There is an armory in Swampgate, but a good hand with forge and hammer might do well here.

TBC @GreyJaeger

OOC

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Magnus comments " thank you Lady Luciana I accept your offer and will make an excellent team mate for your group and your cause. As far as this Sleesik if it is evil it will be destroyed. I can perform the ritual for the fallen viking warrior if you wish. "

14 hours ago, eakratz said:

@GreyJaeger Tuuz is allowed a 2 in 12 chance to see through the disguise. Unless, he is "in on it" and it is all for show for witnesses.

No, it is 1:12 due to Morrull having a 16 Charisma.

I have this listed in my post template under "Class Abilities."

OOC

FWIW, I assumed that they would be: outfitting; following through on the burial ritual for the Viking; briefing Magnus; gathering information; getting to know some NPCs whose services we might need in future. This might make a decent place to set up a base of operations in the area (e.g. find a 'rental' vs. staying at an Inn).

Morrull/Artagan should be back in Swampgate (with Tuuz) by evening's close of the gates. I'm awaiting any reply by Tuuz, but Morrull's thinking, based on assessing that Tuuz would be a welcome member to the party, would be to facilitate bringing them together (e.g. at a Tavern). We could RP this ... nothing elaborate ... essentially Artagan interacting with the Party and Tuuz in his guise as a merchant that would allow them to "connect" yet keep Artagan separate for the time being. Once Tuuz connects with the group, they in turn could (or not) inform him that this Artagan fellow is the group's Scout in disguise.

Artagan would then begin spreading the word that he's in the market for Antiquities, acting perhaps as a buyer for collectors in Khromarium or Port Zangerios.

With a solid nod, Luciana replied, "Very well. Let us make the preparations and then complete the ritual. These old bones have spent long enough in the open. Magnus, what do we need for the burial? Is it as simple as digging a grave with a headstone and saying some chosen words? My people in particular have adapted to the ways of the desert and its ever-shifting sands. Thus, we do not bury our dead--we erect a site for them above ground, that their soul may be carried away and join with the winds."

Stats

Human Paladin LG
Reaction/Loyalty +2
Immune to natural diseases and fear
Sense Evil

HP 11/11 AC 4 (5 vs. Evil) DR 1
Saves 16 (vs. all +2)
Speed 30 ft

Healing Hands 2/2
Cure Disease 0/1 (3 days to recharge)

Fighting Ability +1
Thorn, +1 Broadsword +3 @3/2 1d8+4 (d10+4)
Footman's Mace +0 @1/1 1d8+2 (d10+2)

*STR 17 DEX 12 CON 15 INT 8 WIS 8 *CHA 17

IMG_1879.webp.8ae401213298466af239436892ad041a.webpIodás was pleased that they were springing back into action.

“I’ve heard that some burn their dead. The Dagonites release their dead into the sea. I can’t say I know much about the gods, but I do know how to dig a hole, if it comes to that.”