The Black Moss-Hag of Lug epilogue

Saltimbanco

IMG_1879.webp.8ae401213298466af239436892ad041a.webpIodás shouts “Well done, Luciana. Be careful should you search it, the venom may still hold danger”

As he catches his breath, Iodás cleans the blade of his axe, and waits for the darkness spell to abate.

Character sheet:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/8835-iodás-argos-ixian-warlock/

After a while the both the darkness and the hold person spells wear off. There is more that is "scoutable" but you have a closed door to the west and you can also close the southern door while you wait and search. Morrull doesn't hear anything.

• The skeleton is wearing laminated armour +1 (lorica segmentata) that has a Roman centurion style to it. It is ridiculously preserved considering it has likely been worn by this skeleton for hundreds of years. The helm is a gilded centurion’s galea (helm) replete with transverse, scarlet horsehair crest (250 gp). Inside the centurion’s skeletal chest, tucked betwixt two ribs, lies his aquila (eagle standard), an eight-inch-tall gold ornament (400-gp value). The morning star is of a more modern make. It is well made but not of the ancient Roman quality.
  • The snake man had a silver kris dagger with tiger-eye stone (75-gp value), gold holy symbol of Azathoth (75-gp value), potion of gaseous form, key to cages in #23, key to doors of #28, prayer book to Azathoth bound in dæmon skin (contains the prayers for each his spells).

I have updated the map. There is still some unexplored areas but for the sake of expediency I'll tell you there is danger but nothing of value other than a small amount of XP but honestly I think its best to move on and bring @VennDygrem into the game.

Edited by eakratz (see edit history)

After wiping her blade clean on the snake's robes, Luciana said, "Wait, what happened to Magnus? I was a bit...er...preoccupied with the purging..." It was clear she felt a small dereliction of duty. While waiting for the magic to fade she looked at the eyes off the snake head to see if they were in fact pink like an albino.

After the spells wore off she joined the group and pasted the cleric on the shoulder. "We'll get them next time. Think of it a badge of honor to be deemed so dangerous you needed removed from battle," she offered in consolation with a smile.

The paladin's attention turned to the centurion's armor. She then looked up at Iodás.

"Alright warlock, time to come clean. How long have you been having urges or desires or wishes to serve Dagon? About a week ago when you put that fish armor on?" she asked pointedly. She had meant to wait and discuss it with the others, but waiting around and ignoring things were never Luci's strong points...

OOC

Oops. I guess we're discussing this right now 😅

Stats

Human Paladin Lawful Good
Reaction/Loyalty +2
Immune to natural diseases and fear
Sense Evil

HP 8/11 AC 3 (2 vs. Evil) DR 1
Saves 16 (vs. all +2)
Speed 30 ft

Healing Hands 2/2
Cure Disease 0/1 (2 days to recharge)

Fighting Ability +1
Thorn, +1 Broadsword +3 @3/2 1d8+4 (d10+4)
Footman's Mace +0 @1/1 1d8+2 (d10+2)

*STR 17 DEX 12 CON 15 INT 8 WIS 8 *CHA 17

image.png.75fbaf4561a4a081ec960502943a781c.pngimage.png.121b094b33962565b56614664051e0fa.pngAfter tabling the concerns for now, the party did a quick reconnoiter around the dungeon, but only saw skeletons dressed in ancient Roman armour, diligently mining the walls with tools that have degraded with time. Not wanting to bother with them, they made their way back out of the hole where they found Wu tending a pot of mushroom and wild leek stew.

"Don't you worry, it's fine. These mushrooms are definitely safe. How'd it go?"

He smiles at the party, who then quickly notice Sabba and Brion Dunfell sitting awfully close, whispering with each other. Wu rolls his eyes as the normally taciturn mage giggles at something the normally gruff widower had to say. He scratches at Ms. Brandy's ears, who gives a purr and a nudge at the Lemurian shaman.

You relate the story of the snake-man and the legionnaire. The ripped up troglodyte and the armour.

"Oh, yeah. I suspected as much. I'm sure it's fine. Here, have some stew. I spiced it with these wild orange peppers I found. It's delicious!"

image.png.aba2572bfae8b581fecb5f088aff465e.pngOn the way back to the farms, you do decide to pay Utla, the Black Moss-Hag of Lug a visit. Luciana takes her concerns to the witch, who seems a little more subdued today. She laughs it off and says she has heard about armour like this, designed for followers of Dagon and Kthulu. Iodás humors the paladin and allows Utla to examine the armor. Her demeanor to Iodás is more like that of a colleague, and not a lover, or even former lover. She does offer a wink to the paladin however, as she does examine the armour.

"I don't think there is any immediate danger. I don't believe it will make him actually eviiil, hahaha. That stone you found however. It is a good thing you killed that Sleessik. Gods knows what he might have done with that thing. You want me to take it off your hands? Heh heh heh!If you want to set up camp here tonight that is fine. Those frogs you left for me will feed Precious and myself for weeks." She cackles as she gnaws on a piece of what can only be frog jerky, tossing her archæopteryx familiar a piece.

5e2c715fa79c3df8f4a4951ed027bbe0.jpgYou stop by the farms, where the two families throw a huge feast in your honor. You notice Sabba has seated herself next to Mr. Dunfell. Conn and Narria also sit close, giggling to each other and stealing looks at the haughty Hyperborean woman, who definitely seems in a better mood than she usually emotes.

The next morning, the Dunfell's and the Macc Cathal's bid you farewell as you head off, Stygian Stone secure and hidden in the donkey drawn wagon. Sabba stays with Brion, waving and thanking you for helping her find a place she could feel welcome for the first time in a long time.

You make your way back to Swampgate without incident. Soon after you arrive, you notice that many people do suruptitiously looks and point. You have made quite a name for yourselves. You head to the Common Tavern for a drink and lunch after a long day on the road when Muireall Inghean Ailill comes in and sits with you. She drops the remainder of the coins she owes you, smiling. She asks how it went and you relate most of what you experienced, leaving out some key details that are not of her business.

"Well well, it seems you are the heroes of the day. You'll be eating, drinking and sleeping for free for a little while. Well not free, but it is on us. But I suspect since you'll need to be getting rid of that thing you'll be leaving town soon. Khromarium is the obvious place to go though Port Greely and Stonebrook are nearby too. I wouldn't recommend either of those places I've heard weird things about Port Greely and Stonebrook probably won't have a decent ship to rent, if that is what you plan on doing. Godspeed travelers."

Khromarium.png.c39b254b0dc6bd0a85ec88aebfd97f32.pngThe next morning, as luck would have it, Muireall has hooked you up with a caravan heading to Khromarium. Many of the costs of the trip, minus some personal expenses and any travel-luxuries you want are paid for by the merchants in exchange for defense from any brigands and monsters which may be encounter in the Lug Wasteland. While none of you would be surprised by giant frogs or the occasional giant tick or stirges, you weren't expecting the ground to shake. At first it was just some tremors, causing the mules to cry and other caravaners to look around in fear. Then the shaking builds up some much the ground seems to rise and fall by ten feet. Axles are broken, a couple draft animals are lamed.

Amazingly, Eury and Orph manages not only to stay on their feet, but they seem entirely bored by the earthquake. After several more minutes of shaking, it stops. Everyone is okay, one of the horses had to be turned into provisions, but the damage wasn't enough to stop the procession so you continue on to Khromarium.

The weather is cool, around 50 degrees, but that isn't too unusual for these parts of Hyperborea during the Year of the Wolf. Eventually, the merchants and other members of the caravan grow excited as they spot the smoke of Khromarium factories. You are almost there.

Once inside the gates, the bustle of the city is distinct from the small town of Swampgate. The smells of smoke, unwashed bodies, animals and fæces all assault the sense along with the sounds. It is louder than anything you have been exposed to in a long time. The caravan merchant thanks you, and bids you farewell and godsluck.

You are hungry from the journey, and lo and behold, a tavern right in front of you called "The Slivery Eel."

Edited by eakratz (see edit history)
Name
Eury and Orph avoidance saves
17; 16
1d20; 1d20 [17]; [17,16]