Session 7: Down Once More...

GM Saint

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class Blood Hunter | Level: 5 | AC: 15| HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 14 / Wis 10 / Cha 8
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [o] Aroooo:[x] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

Spells: Misty Step/Levitate/Dispel Magic/Bless [o][o][o][o]

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

"No, this is not the way," she says upon descending into the tunnel. Her hand reaches out to stop anyone from advancing. "You, Dreyfus, do not even know why we have come. While you may he content to die child, and I am more than prepared to take a rest, the others have much more to live for.

You think we hunt that cat. We do not though likely it is hunting us even now. No, we have come for a monster out of nightmare. A singular eye with dozens of tentacles covered in mouths. It will warp the world around you, it will attack your mind and twist your perception of the world. Aaliyah here is a dangerous child and she was nearly killed by one of its spawn. And if it claims you, you wo be turned against us.

So if you plan to proceed as we saw you last night, recklessly rushing forward into darkness, tell us now and we will let you have it and return tomorrow after you've been turned."

Murdain ShattershieldMurdain3.png.a5d60e98af2a810e67d63571adaee46c.png

Class: Psion 5 | AC: 14 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/35/5d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

The dwarf remained silent while the others of the group exchanged greetings and questions. He stood with his back to the wall, posture visibly relaxed, but it was visible - if only just - where his hand curled near his sleeve and the handle of a wolf-head knife shone dully. He leaned on a carved driftwood staff, though he didnt look like a spellcaster - he wears little in the way of decoration - most things he wears are purely practical, an exception being a pearl earring and a wolfskull attached to his left bracer. He wears newly made studded leather armor crisscrossed with belts shoulder to hip, with multiple pouches, a scroll case, and several vials of differing colors on them for easy access. The pants look like they've used to be leaf green but are now closer to black, having faded; the patches on them held up better. These are tucked into his boots; a sturdy sort that dont look to be of human make and well taken care of. As he adjusts his cloak, the pattern on it shifts with it, causing a slight distortion effect; it would be difficult to spot him in the trees; it also exposes the hilt of a rapier and a multitude of knifes - in his boot, on his shoulder, in his bracer, on his belt, and you're pretty sure he's got one behind his belt too, somehow. Appearance wise, he looks gruff, standing at close to 5 ft tall, with reddish brown hair and slight beard and moustache. Bright blue eyes peer out from under thick eyebrows, with a wary look in them; curled around his left eye socket and stretching onto about half his forehead is a complicated blue tattoo slightly obscured by hair, but processing a crescent shape. His skin is comparatively pale and scarred in places; it is difficult to place his age.

"Draysus. 'm Murdain. She's right." He nodded, as if that explained everything. An unknown factor, this late into the hunt. Unpleasant, now that he learned about how this matter was likely arranged. Still, they had to use everything to win. Three was a hell of a thing, all together, and if one was the matron... "We're huntin' tha mother of these monsters." Murdain's voice is rough and accented, he cuts off the words endings and pronounces them harshly. "Shite hangin' in town square's a baby. Expect either three of em, or two of am an' one much larger. Expect mind tricks. Seen an adult teleport, has some kinda toxin that slowly drives ye mad and then ye become one of em, iffen ye go crazy. They dun' like light, an hittin' em's bloody difficult when they're shrouded. Attackin' in melee's hard, they got some kinda shite that makes you swing fer the fences." What else... He shrugged. "Lotta tentacles. Can grab ye." He half-turned to the others: "Righ', one thing. Iffen we run into tha mother of tha spawn, don' break 'er eyeball. Need it fer somethin' related to this. Nikoletta, I can go scout with ye; I'm used ta cloak 'n dagger. Ah, an..." He reached into his cloak and pulled out a scroll, unfurling it with his staff and showing it clearly to each of them:

"Do any 'f ye know what this is? Think real hard; this' aint unrelated to our situation."

@TheGospel@Knave@WolfBirch@Alliebaby@Rejakor@Rumrunner

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)
Name
Stealth
keep(2d20,highest,1)+8 7,4
Perception
1d20+6 13

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a1/47/3e/a1473e5aaa1a8d1751ffd024df8a5b50.jpg

The scarred man doesn't quite turn his face to look at the drow. Seems like she doesn't want him here. He'd have smiled at that, years ago. It's a fair sentiment - he doesn't much want himself around, either.

"It's not my first time." This is the first time he's said more than a single word at a time, and it's odd. His voice is mellifluous, understated almost. There's a bit of gravel from someone not having talked much but the tone is a smooth, deep baritone. A comforting voice that wouldn't sound out of place reading a bedtime fairy story to a child.

"Can't say i'll follow your say if I think it's wrong." The man stretches his neck to one side and then the other with an audible pop. "But you've been right so far."

Eye tentacle creature? Mind control?

This was far more than what he'd uncovered. This thing was the parent of the shadowy creatures? Everything down here needed to die. Perhaps he should re-think his stance on fires, if not nets or dogs.

OOC

image.png.0d2bf1c6a4777346ef39bc7c9b9df1f0.png

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 3/2 | AC: 17| HP: 43/43 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +8 | 1d6+5 slash - EB | +7 | 1d10 Forcex2

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 2/2

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

"Ved, is he related to you? I think he's your long lost brother," Aaliyah teases. She drops down and hops to the other side of the trench to make some room. The she draws a line of neon green light in the air that seems to hover for a moment before solidifying and falling into her hand in the form of a spear.

"Which way first?"

Edited by TheGospel (see edit history)

22fe5942dd264dc39462248bf9bcee03_400x400.png.1670e41afe3584f3114fea74931b5c3e.png.bc83434fdfafeb669994578d2e63f006.png.de0f8471c290097ca3c906c433c01504.pngName: Souris Garou | Class: Druid 5 | AC: 14 | HP: 37/37(45/45) | Prof: +3 | PP: 17 (22 for scent and sound) 

Saves | Attacks | Cantrips | Magic Items | Wildshape: 

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack: +7 | Level 1 ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2 ▣ ▣ |   Level 3 ▣ ▣ | Luck ▣ ▣

Down in the "sewer" Souris was thankful to take the shape of the wolf, even though these ways were empty of refuse, with a whiff form the urn she could no longer smell the man, for he was not part of the shadowfell. Though she thought she still had the scent of Murdain and Nikoletta somehow, perhaps that was her imagination. Needless distractions, the idle chitchat and heavy footsteps tormenting her fuzzy ears, the wolf sniffed at the darkness, trying to gather a useful trace of their quarry.

Dice Ex Machina

Tracking the darkness

Name
Tracking survival?
1d20+7 11

360_F_550145852_p3MjtVaLStdL6fBKNHQZIyXwvqUQHVon.jpg.b9c3ec16c0fc13a81db46d2d22c75495.jpg

Name Nikoletta Vandal | Class Blood Hunter | Level: 5 | AC: 15| HP: 60/60 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 18 / Dex 12 / Con 14 / Int 14 / Wis 10 / Cha 8
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Eyeless [o] Aroooo:[x] The Die: 1d6 Attacks: Greatsword | +7 | 1d12+4 slash - Bow | +4 | 1dd8+3

"Cloak and dagger?" She lifts one foot up and sets it back down, then the other, closing her eyes and listening to the echo of the clanking of her armor. "I think perhaps not. I understand you are the leader, at least according to Aaliyah. Which directions most calls to you?"

"And that is an eye, turned sideways."

image.png.0d2bf1c6a4777346ef39bc7c9b9df1f0.png

Name Aaliyah | Class Warlock/Sorc | Level: 3/2 | AC: 17| HP: 43/43 | Prof: +3 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [o] Attacks: Leaf | +8 | 1d6+5 slash - EB | +7 | 1d10 Forcex2

Cantrips       Spells Known (6): 

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o][o]

Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 Sorc Points: 2/2

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

"And it's kinda shaped like-" she didn't finish the thought.

"Now child, present yourself as an adult, please," Nikoletta chastises like she might her actual daughter for acting immature. "Murdain, your kind are competent underground, no? Does such an unnatural environment still trigger any sense? We've two directions... perhaps the one we choose does not matter so much. We must choose one though. That way seems to lead to a room."

She begins moving down the tunnel.

OOC: Niko will take the point since she's tanked up. She goes east. East? Left on the map. What's the orientation?

@Rumrunner @WolfBirch @Diofant @Knave @TheGospel @Alliebaby @Rejakor

OOC: I need a standing/marching order. Roll20 is loaded up and only Rejakor needs to add a token. Everyone else just needs to be positioned.

Niko and Murdain reach the first tunnel that off-shoots. Here you stare down but a good chunk of tunnel has collapsed here. Judging by how settled it is, this part likely collapsed hundreds of years ago. There is a way beyond it it seems and you judge that even Barkvin could squeeze through without much issue but you'll need to get close to get much of a look in.

Class: Psion 5 | AC: 14 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | Init: +3 | PP: 16 | Speed: 30ft

Conditions |0/3 0/35/5d8 HD| image.png.a82f23fe2d47028594124051b651afdc.png 2/2 LR| image.png.708944f243459fdd52c280f6b499426c.png 4/4 SR|image.png.c62acd6d65df4d9d52e101b519ead606.png 1/1 LR| potion.png.8ceade609fcabc6cc6ab30895b9a0a52.png 10/10 |💼 Inventory

The dwarf nodded to Nikoletta's words, making a small shrug at Aaliyah's. This really was like watching a small slightly dysfunctional family... "Nah. I can tell ye where north is or how deep we are, bout it. I'm good with that one." He nodded toward the one Nikoletta began to move down. "Hm. My mistake. Had ye figured for the sneaky sort; musta not seen or heard the armor, somehow." He lowered his voice, moving ahead; less to be secretive of the others, more so the echo would carry less: "Turns out, some years go, fella with this 'round 'is neck dropped by a shop in this city, and shot tha breeze bout how ye could pry open Shadowfel with a wild surge tha' goes wrong. T'be exact, that a wild surge can be turned inward by the Shadow - of which, I take as 'Umbra', an' this creates tha beast we hunt now. Caster's consumed as their magic animates. We might still have work to do, even after this." Having said his piece and heard a reply, he snuck ahead, moving his cloak over his head, willing its colors to shift to reflect the stone around himDis on Perception Checks to find him..

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

orcpirate(2).jpg.12104ac02f934c721f72d91272b3fe2d.jpgName Barkvin | Class Cleric 5 | AC: 19 | HP: 50/50 | Prof: +3 | PP: 13 | Saves: Str +3 / Dex +2 / Con +3 / Int +1 / Wis +8 / Cha +3 | Luck: (2/2) | Channel Divinity: (1/1)

Special Abilities darkvision, Warcaster, Disciple of Life, Turn Undead, Preserve Life | Attacks: Mace | +5 | 1d6+2 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+1 piercing (80/320)

Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 15 | Spell Attack +7 | Hit Dice d8 (5/5) | Death Saves: 0/0

Cantrips: Light, Spare the Dying, Sacred Flame (2d8 radiant DEX save), Word of Radiance (2d6 radiant CON save)

Level 1 | (4/4) | Bless C (+d4), Cure Wounds (1d8+7 healing), Healing Word (1d4+7 healing), Inflict Wounds (3d10 necrotic)
Level 2 | (3/3)  | Hold Person C (WIS save), Zone of Truth, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon (1d8+4 force), Prayer of Healing (2d8+8 x6)

Level 3 | (2/2)  | Beacon of Hope C, Mass Healing Word (1d4+9 x6), Daylight, Aura of Vitality C (2d6+5 for 1 minute), Revivify

Barkvin listens the groups inane chit chat as each tries to stake their place in some dysfunctional hierarchy. The picture of the eye means nothing to him, but it does make him think of the eye that had communicated with them before. He responds to Murdain's comment, speaking in a hushed whisper. "Argh, I don't think that these creatures be of Umbra. I get the feeling that she don't want them here neither. But the wild magic info tracks with what happened before to that poor lady. Speaking of Umbra, better watch yer backs, them Skorn might show up again. They said that they would help, but they might just do the trick we had discussed and watch to see who wins between us and the shadows and then kill the winner." He falls inline towards the back following where Souris's nose leads them.

Mechanics *

MOVE: none

ACTION: none

BONUS ACTION: none

OOC: If Ved wants, Barkvin will cast light on his sword.

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 5 

AC: 16+1HP: 60/60 | Hit dice: 4/4d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 1/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 2/2     Attacks  | Saves  | Maneuvers

"Yeh light me up magic man. I'm no use in the dark."

Ved grunts at Aaliyah's quip. "I probably got brothers and sisters all over the place, Ved cut quite a path through the continent back before he retired. That's why I only chase blondes, redheads and non-humans."

Murdain. You creep around the corner towards the collapse, attempting to peer beyond it. You don't have a very good angle but it seems like a much larger room beyond here. Something is moving around in here but you'd have to go into the opening and get through it to look around beyond this tiny gap. You can hear what sounds like something gently walking around on stones or garbage that just barely clinks together occasionally... or bones, perhaps. There is a soft growl you can barely hear, like it's alert to something but hasn't decided to come see.

Having heard what he needed, the dwarf turned his face towards the opening of the tunnel, where Nikoletta stood, projecting his will through the whisper that was the usual visitor in his mind. He pursed his lips and made a small gesture with his knife, as if flicking something towards her; at once, the dwarf's whisper could be heard beside the drow: "Quiet growlin'. Seems like somethin kinda alert, dont wanna go to us yet. Seem like larger chamber beyond. Footsteps soft. Clinkin' - debris or maybe bone. Iffen you want me to go in, nod. Iffen not, shake head. Thinkin' best to go round first."

OOC/Mechanics

Action:
Bonus Action:
Free Action: 
Move: 
Reaction:
OOC: 

Name
Investigate
1d20+4 12