Jump to content

Chapter 4 — Caves under Black Hill


iantruesilver

Recommended Posts

"There’s beauty hidden in the darkest of places. Too bad no one can see it there."

— Sosiel Vaenic, Cleric of the Fifth Mendevian Crusade

 


 

spacer.png

 

Once underneath Weeping pond, T'Sarra finds it rather easy to hold her breath and find her way, leading the rope as she swims ahead of the others in the brackish, sulfurous water. Though the murkiness of the pond makes it somewhat difficult to see, it doesn't take her very long to find a the submerged waterway along the northeast face of the underwater escarpment, about fifty feet from where they had entered the water.

 

Though the underwater stream through the tunnel is fairly placid, it does wind through a slightly sinuous path, and the lack of light makes this part of the swim a particularly daunting challenge, as now the tiefling is restricted to not only relying on her darkvision, but also for trying to see through a semi-cloudy body of water.

 

The tunnel goes on for another maybe forty or fifty feet, until finally clearing upward to a bitter air pocket stinking of mold and vinegar that leaves an unpleasant flavour in the mouth.

 

spacer.png

 

Here, dampness hangs in the air of the lightless cave, condensing into heavy moisture on the slick stone walls. The calm, dark waters wind around the corner northwards, then again to the east further up north along a stony, soot-scarred beach. A five-foot high ledge sporting several stalagmites rises to the east, beyond which a low-ceilinged cave beckons.

 

 

[[ Map — Black Hill Caves ]]

(( Everyone who has touched the water please roll a Fortitude save immediately. ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 19/14/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

At the weeping pond, entering cave

T'Sarra climbed out and shook some of the nasty water off, taking a deep breath then fighting back the urge to cough at the dank air.

Mechanics

 

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

 

 

Name
Fort save
16
1d20+3 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Barhuce

spacer.png

Barhuce climbs out of the water, spits the taste out and tries to wipe the foul stuff off of himself. "That was worse than I expected. People have been drinking that?"

Statblock

 

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Actions Crunch

 

 

Name
fort
8
1d20+3 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

 

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

 

Statblock

 

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2744078][B][SIZE=+1]Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 11/11, [B]Speed[/B] 30ft [B]AC[/B] 16, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 0, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1 [B]silversheen, MC rapier [/B] +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2) [B]cold iron dagger [/B] +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] shortbow (20) [/B] +4 (1d6, x3) [B] Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15 [B]Condition[/B] None hero points: 1/1
Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 1/1

"Well, they got sick," Vri remarked as she took tries to get the water out of her mouth and clothes as much as possible, "Sometimes people are just dumb."

Holding her torch up, she looks around to see if there's any issues and also to figure out where to go next.

 

OOC

 

 

Name
fortitude save
4
1d20 4
perception
9
1d20+7 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the remainder of the group follows the rope through to the dark cave, and emerge from the water each in turn, a gradient of effects seemed to arise along with the various faces as well.

 

While the android seemed not to have been affected by the experience, short of now being wet, Barhuce's eyes are positively watering and his skin is itchy.

 

Worse still, Rain and Vri have developed some redness and aching along certain spots on their skins, particularly around the eyelids, lips and some of the more fleshy parts. From beneath the shaman's robes, Jerry squeaks loudly.


As you press forward slowly, dragging your bodies out of the pond, with most of you blindly hanging on to the rope in the darkness, the water here seems to come up to only about mid-thigh. The unhealthy, foul-smelling air still makes the eyes water here inside the cave.

 

Several moments of tense anxiety passes as you grope around trying to get a sense of your surroundings, before the light of Vri's torch fills the immediate space about you.

 

At first glance, the small sooty beach up ahead is likely the closest and easiest place to set foot and dry off, as there looks to be no other islands of reprieve in sight, and who knows what other mysteries await upstream as this underground waterway winds around a rock feature toward the right further ahead.

 

Just then, Val comes rising to the surface at last, positively thrashing and retching. Coughing and sputtering up several mouthfuls of water, she seems to be gasping in a panicked state, clutching her chest between her arms as she wheezes in between coughs, and only calms after after some effort by Violet to comfort her.

 


[[ Map — Black Hill Caves ]]

(( Barhuce, Rain & Jerry, Val, and Vri are sickened. ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Val Fortitude
10
1d20+2-4 12
Violet Fortitude
19
1d20+4+4 11
Rain
3
1d20+1 2
Jerry Fortitude
8
1d20+1 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 18/13/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

At the weeping pond, entering cave

Breathing again and relatively in good shape, compared to the rest of her friends hacking and retching around her, T'Sarra moved to shore, encouraging the others to keep close.

"Come on, keep moving. I'm sure it's the water, it'll hopefully pass once we get out of it."

She moved onto land, still holding the rope and looked for a place to tie it off, or failing that, went looking to hammer in a piton or peg.

Mechanics

 

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -1
Climb* +5
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +5
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  

 

 

Edited by ccanary (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Combat — Surprise Round (Lead Up)

Initiative Order

PCs: ?

Enemies: 9

spacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

 

No sooner than as T'Sarra step her both feet onto the shore of the sooty beach, sounds of sand shifting and skittering in little spots can be heard along with some frenzied clicking sounds, followed shortly by the appearance of a succession of several glowing spots rising out of the soot or crawling out of narrow crevices in the rock.

 

 

[[ Map — Black Hill Caves ]]

(( All roll initiatives. T'Sarra and Vri anre immediately aware, rest please roll opposed perception checks against the beetles. Surprise round begins! ))

 

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Beetles Initiative
9
1d20+2 7
Beetles Stealth
5
1d20+2 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

 

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

 

Statblock

 

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2744078][B][SIZE=+1]Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 11/11, [B]Speed[/B] 30ft [B]AC[/B] 16, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 0, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1 [B]silversheen, MC rapier [/B] +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2) [B]cold iron dagger [/B] +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] shortbow (20) [/B] +4 (1d6, x3) [B] Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15 [B]Condition[/B] None hero points: 1/1
Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 1/1

"Something ahead," Vri said to the others while moving forward to check. Despite not feeling well, she couldn't leave T'Sarra on her own. As soon as she encountered a beetle she started chopping at it, but she was still not feeling well and she missed.

 

OOC

move to beetle 4 on map, then attack

 

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
attack
4
1d20+3 1
damage
4
1d6-1 5
Vri Initiative
4
1d20+3 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 18/13/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Beatles!

T'Sarra saw the danger, even before most of the others. But as was her curse, she froze, unable to act, paralyzed by horrific visions of her possible future, jumbled together, not making sense.

Mechanics

Because of her oracle curse, T'Sarra can't act in surprise round

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -2
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +4
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  
Edited by ccanary (see edit history)
Name
initiative
7
1d20+3 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Barhuce

spacer.png

Barhuce begins hacking and wretching. However, spotting the beatles he reaches for his bomb kit before grabbing his mace instead and moving forward. "Cursed windy tunnels.... clear shots..."

Statblock

 

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Actions Crunch

 

 

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
initiative
5
1d20+4 1
perception
15
1d20+4 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Combat — Surprise Round

Initiative Order

PCs: Average (R 27, Vi 19, T 7, B 5, Va 5, Vr 4) = 11.17

Enemies: 9

spacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

 

Summoning up her strength to overcome her sudden malaise, Vri lurches forward to stab at one of the beetles with her rapier, but unfortunately falls short of the mark.

 

As the others drag their feet, Val sputters out a choked, yet urgent plea between coughing and gasps for breath, "Get… ughurk, out of the water…"

 

At that, Violet wraps one arm around Val's back, supporting her under her armpit as the pair move forward, followed close behind by Rain. Dagger in the other hand, the android tried to wave it around at the nearest beetle as Val crawled out of the water onto the shore, but did little other than distract the insects.

 

As the shaman also made it onto the sooty sand, the group of insects honed in on their next meal, with two of them snapping at the tiefling, and the other two again harassing Val.

 

In the confusion, one bug manages to take a chunk out of Val, just above her right wrist. Another only manages to sink its mandibles into T'Sarra's chain shirt, but doesn't find any purchase through the armour into her flesh.

 

 

[[ Map — Black Hill Caves ]]

(( Onward to Round 1! ))

 

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Rain Perception
10
1d20+8 2
Rain Initiative
27
1d20+7 20
Val Perception
8
1d20+2 6
Val Initiative
5
1d20+3 2
Violet Perception
18
1d20+8 10
Violet Initiative
19
1d20+6 13
Val Heal
20
1d20+10 10
Violet Dagger
11; 1
1d20+2;1d4 [9]; [9,1]
4 AoO v Val
4; 7
1d20+3;1d4+3 [1]; [1,4]
2 AoO v Val
11; 5
1d20+3;1d4+3 [8]; [8,2]
1 Bite v T'Sarra
17; 6
1d20+3;1d4+3 [14]; [14,3]
2 Bite v Val
17; 6
1d20+3;1d4+3 [14]; [14,3]
3 Bite v T'Sarra
8; 4
1d20+3;1d4+3 [5]; [5,1]
4 Bite v Val
9; 7
1d20+3;1d4+3 [6]; [6,4]
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,RT,LC,RC
8
1d12 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Barhuce

spacer.png

Barhuce chucks an alkahest bomb at the second closest beetle to avoid splashing Vri. "Fire in the hole!"

Statblock

 

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2740751][B][SIZE=+1]Barhuce[/SIZE][/B][/URL] M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2) [B] light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2) [B] Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10 [B]Condition[/B] None
Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 0, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) 3 (1d4+4, x2)
light Mace 1 (1d6+1, x2)
Dagger 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Lamellar Cuirass (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition None

Actions Crunch

Standard: throw bomb at #2

A 7 on the miss roll (if a 15 misses v touch ac) would be immediately to the right of #2

Splash damage 5 (dc 14 reflex for half)

 

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
attack (includes the -2 for sick, and pbs)
15
1d20+1 14
Damage includes pbs
7
1d4+5 2
miss direction if needed
7
1d8 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

T'Sarra Khonnor 

spacer.pngT'Sarra Khonnor — Tiefling Oracle 1
AC/T/FF 18/13/15 | HP 11/11 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | Fort/Ref/Will 3/3/2 | Darkvision
Hero Points 1
Active Conditions: +1 to atk and AC vs. robots (robot slayer trait)
Spells:

1st: (4 remaining) Cure light wounds, Bless, Inflict Light Wounds
Cantrips: (unl) detect magic, mending, guidance, create water

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Beatles!

Bugs. Not much of a threat, she thought as one's mandibles skittered off her chain shirt. But certainly an unpleasant welcome in these caves. She had a feeling it was going to get worse.

Just clear a spot on the beach and let the others come in.

She cringed to the side away from Barhuce's bomb, but needn't have bothered, it was nowhere near her.

"Thanks for the warning!"

Mechanics

 

Move:
Standard:
Free:

Trained Skills

Acrobatics* -2
Climb* +4
Diplomacy +7
Handle Animal +4
Knowledge (nature) +4
Linguistics +1
Perception +6
Survival +4
Swim* +4
   
   
* -1 ACP to str and dex skills  
Name
Attack beetle 3 with claw
20; 7
1d20+4; 1d4+4 [16]; [16,3]
Attack beetle 3 with other claw (unless it's dead then 1)
9; 6
1d20+4; 1d4+4 [5]; [5,2]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

 

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

 

Statblock

 

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2744078][B][SIZE=+1]Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 11/11, [B]Speed[/B] 30ft [B]AC[/B] 16, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 0, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 3, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1 [B]silversheen, MC rapier [/B] +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2) [B]cold iron dagger [/B] +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) [B] shortbow (20) [/B] +4 (1d6, x3) [B] Studded Leather[/B] (+3 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15 [B]Condition[/B] None hero points: 1/1
Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund
Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20) +4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None
hero points: 1/1

Vri kept stabbing on the beetle she had been before, trying to take it out before moving on towards the next one. If she managed, she will move to help T'Sarra.

 

OOC

move to beetle 4 on map, then attack

 

 

Name
attack
17
1d20+3 14
damage
1
1d6-1 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Combat — Round 1

Initiative Order

PCs: Average (R 27, Vi 19, T 7, B 5, Va 5, Vr 4) = 11.17

Enemies: 9

spacer.png

[[ Mood Music ]]

 

Rain meekly took out her scythe and tried swinging it at one of the beetles, but ended up getting nothing but a bit of soot and sand. Violet's next strike with her dagger fared slightly better to start with, but the blade was stopped on the same beetle's carapace, resulting in little more than a scratch.

 

T'Sarra's claws tore through one beetle's face, and the tiefling curb stomped it some hard into the sand as it fell, but her other swipe didn't manage to make contact with the second insect.

 

Barhuce's bomb did a bouncer off the beach's sooty sand before popping off on the insect's abdominal section, splattering both the bugs and two of his companions. Thankfully Jerry had scampered away off to Rain's back side just in time, evading the acrid spash wholesale.

 

"Gyah!" Val screamed as she raised a hand up to shield her face as the splash hit, then quickly downed an extract while ignoring an opportunistic bite from the closest remaining insect. "What's wrong with you man‽"

 

Vri's rapier came at exactly the right moment, swiping out one of the bug's legs on the right and severing it. After a little bit of a struggle, it slumped to the ground, a blue-green fluid bleeding out from its multiple wounds.

 

Finding itself flanked front and back as some of the group shuffled up and around, the last beetle remaining turned to the easier target as it backs up towards the rocky ledge, then took a bite out of Val's left forearm, eliciting another yell from the poor girl.

 

 

[[ Map — Black Hill Caves ]]

(( Round 2, go! ))

 

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Rain MW Sickle v 4
5; 1
1d20-1;1d6-2 [6]; [6,3]
Violet MW Dagger v 4
13; 3
1d20+2;1d4 [11]; [11,3]
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
3
1d12 3
4 Ref
4
1d20+2 2
Rain Ref
9
1d20+2 7
Jerry Ref
23
1d20+5 18
Val Ref
10
1d20+5 5
Val CLW
8
1d8+1 7
4 AoO v Val
7; 5
1d20+3;1d4+3 [4]; [4,2]
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
11
1d12 11
1 Bite v Val
17; 4
1d20+3;1d4+3 [14]; [14,1]
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
6
1d12 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...