Out of character

youngaberration

6 hours ago, Cloudy Summers said:

I think she meant to say the Exemplar, from this playtest.

Derp.

This. Sorry. Like I said I can link the class abilities I took.

Palisade Bangles. Flavoring these chains or shackles from the pit. Passive bonus to defense Aura 15'. Active ability is a pull to "grab aggro" class DC fort save.

Gleaming Blade. Flavoring as hellfire on her sword. Passive is bonus spirit damage. Active is dual strike but the damage is changed to all spirit damage.

Scar of the survivor. Flavoring it as asmodeus making her as his with her tattoos. Passive is die hard and fortitude save bonus. Active is one 1d8 healing.

I'll be rerolling her to what ever next month as the playtest is finished up. Only one of these Abilities can be channeled at once. I'm in love with this mechanic where you have to prioritize which ikon is active. It adds an interesting mechanic of engaging counter play.

Also each active ikon ability ejects the divine core into one of the other ikons. The ikon can be activated as apart of initiative.

It's powerful but IMO not magus powerful.

Edited by Synny
Corrected bonus and how ikon work as I understand them. (see edit history)

On 9/16/2023 at 1:46 AM, Synny said:

It's powerful but IMO not magus powerful.

When Kineticist was just released all the Pathfinder YouTuber thumbnails were clickbait "12d4 at level 1?!?!?!?!"

And then when people started doing deep dives into the mechanics they realized it's just fine. Playtest might be a little busted, but that's why it's playtest.

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

First of all, happy birthday!

I have internet back and tomorrow doesn't look busy besides some other stuff so I should be good to go too =D

Also is it weird that I think 25 average damage at first level is achievable by a lot of the better high risk high reward damage dealers?

Bleh, apologies for the radio silence for a bit there, hit a combination of busy IRL and a stretch of bad brain days. Busy is likely to continue for a bit but brain situation is better now so I should be more frequent.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:36 PM, youngaberration said:

I need to figure out a better post format. Mine feels bland compared to everyone else's

Can relate. I'm used to simple forum posts and like simple chat text RP.

28 minutes ago, Synny said:

Can relate. I'm used to simple forum posts and like simple chat text RP.

You should put some of your art in! Am I right in that you drew some of those sketches?

And never feel bad about stealing someone else's formatting, that is the way of life here.

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)